Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,638 members, 7,809,395 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

3 NYSC Corpers Attacked In Jigawa State; Unprovoked Aggression! - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 3 NYSC Corpers Attacked In Jigawa State; Unprovoked Aggression! (10966 Views)

Jigawa Corpers Take Lassa-Fever Sensitizations To Rural Community (Photos) / Platoon 3, NYSC DELTA Lost Three Gems. / NYSC: Corpers Nationwide Angry Over Incomplete Payment Of Election Allowance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 NYSC Corpers Attacked In Jigawa State; Unprovoked Aggression! by just2nice(m): 11:44am On May 21, 2011
The attacks on corpers serving in the North reared up its ugly head again with the attack of 3 corpers serving in Jigawa state.I lived with these 3 attacked corpers in the same lodge here in Garki(Jigawa state),and this was the account they narrated to me.

Yesterday(May 20th),3 of my fellow corpers serving in Garki,Jigawa went to Gumel,also in Jigawa, to make cash withdrawals and also grab some drinks at a local bar.On their way back,around 5 p.m, they flagged down a vechicle to take them back to Garki,where we serve. As they were going,they have barely left the Gumel local government boundary when suddenly,the driver veered off sharply into a rustic village and stopped in the village square.He alighted  and started shouting in Hausa that the 3 corpers were thieves and that they wanted to steal his vechicle.

The next thing my fellow corpers knew,the people of the villagers have brought out machetes,cutlasses and axes to lynch them but luckily for the corpers,they quickly reacted and took to their heels.They ran to the highway that led from Hadeija--Kano and just when they thought they were safe,the driver who agitated the villagers carried some of the villagers armed with axes and cutlasses and started pursuing them on his vechicle.
When the corpers saw that these villagers were hell-bent on lynching them,they risked their lives and ran into the highway,flagging vechicles to help them.

Fortunately,some indigenes of Garki, where we are serving,now saw the corpers and came to their rescue.They were now holed up in a vechicle on the highway for about 35 minutes while the good Samaritans held them off. Inspite of the efforts of these helpers,one of the corpers had his head cracked open by a big stone that was thrown from the back of the vechicle while another narrowly escaped being amputated by a flying axe that luckily for him,the sharp head broke off in flight and only the handle of the axe struck him hard in the back.The police later came and took them to the police station in Gumel,but not after the three boys had been beaten with sticks and planks.

There, in the police station, they were initially handcuffed and stripped to their shorts before NYSC officials in Gumel now came and rescued them.The driver of the vechicle,who started the trouble,was now feigning mental instability and the police were corrobating him that he had mental problems.

My friends finally arrived in our lodge at  about 11 p.m.And to think  I wanted to follow them to that Gumel town yesterday! I am a Batch 'B' corper,and I can't wait to be done with the North by June 16th when I am passing out.

I  am typing this report from my mobile phone;that is why it is brief.Will provide a more detailed report later,when I get on my laptop.
Re: 3 NYSC Corpers Attacked In Jigawa State; Unprovoked Aggression! by henry101(m): 2:47pm On May 21, 2011
wow!!
Re: 3 NYSC Corpers Attacked In Jigawa State; Unprovoked Aggression! by koruji(m): 2:53pm On May 21, 2011
They are busy with zoning offices into their pockets, while the country is smouldering.

And when it flares into a conflagration again?

just2nice:

The attacks on corpers serving in the North reared up its ugly head again with the attack of 3 corpers serving in Jigawa state.I lived with these 3 attacked corpers in the same lodge here in Garki(Jigawa state),and this was the account they narrated to me.
Yesterday(May 20th),3 of my fellow corpers serving in Garki,Jigawa went to Gumel,also in Jigawa, to make cash withdrawals and also grab some drinks at a local bar.On their way back,around 5 p.m, they flagged down a vechicle to take them back to Garki,where we serve. As they were going,they have barely left the Gumel local government boundary when suddenly,the driver veered off sharply into a rustic village and stopped in the village square.He alighted and started shouting in Hausa that the 3 corpers were thieves and that they wanted to steal his vechicle.
The next thing my fellow corpers knew,the people of the villagers have brought out machetes,cutlasses and axes to lynch them but luckily for the corpers,they quickly reacted and took to their heels.They ran to the highway that led from Hadeija--Kano and just when they thought they were safe,the driver who agitated the villagers carried some of the villagers armed with axes and cutlasses and started pursuing them on his vechicle.
When the corpers saw that these villagers were hell-bent on lynching them,they risked their lives and ran into the highway,flagging vechicles to help them.Fortunately,some indigenes of Garki, where we are serving,now saw the corpers and came to their rescue.They were now holed up in a vechicle on the highway for about 35 minutes while the good Samaritans held them off. Inspite of the efforts of these helpers,one of the corpers had his head cracked open by a big stone that was thrown from the back of the vechicle while another narrowly escaped being amputated by a flying axe that luckily for him,the sharp head broke off in flight and only the handle of the axe struck him hard in the back.The police later came and took them to the police station in Gumel,but not after the three boys had been beaten with sticks and planks.
There,in the police station,they were initially handcuffed and stripped to their shorts before NYSC officials in Gumel now came and rescued them.The driver of the vechicle,who started the trouble,was now feigning mental instability and the police were corrobating him that he had mental problems.
My friends finally arrived in our lodge at about 11 p.m.And to think I wanted to follow them to that Gumel town yesterday! I am a Batch 'B' corper,and I can't wait to be done with the North by June 16th when I am passing out.
I am typing this report from my mobile phone;that is why it is brief.Will provide a more detailed report later,when I get on my laptop.
Re: 3 NYSC Corpers Attacked In Jigawa State; Unprovoked Aggression! by jimmysho(m): 2:59pm On May 21, 2011
this is another fare tale. hope d poster is not just trying wipe up sentiment? d poster seem to be familiar with jigawa state
Re: 3 NYSC Corpers Attacked In Jigawa State; Unprovoked Aggression! by hollandis(f): 3:10pm On May 21, 2011
So the latest targets are now corpers
Re: 3 NYSC Corpers Attacked In Jigawa State; Unprovoked Aggression! by Odunnu: 4:45pm On May 21, 2011
Jeeez!!
Re: 3 NYSC Corpers Attacked In Jigawa State; Unprovoked Aggression! by fineboy200: 5:07pm On May 21, 2011
WETIN UNA DEY DO THERE, UNA NO DEY HEAR. WETIN UNA DEY SERVE? ABI YOU WAN CONTINUE SERVICE FOR HELL OR HEAVEN.
Re: 3 NYSC Corpers Attacked In Jigawa State; Unprovoked Aggression! by sirjec(m): 5:17pm On May 21, 2011
jimmysho:

this is another fare tale. hope d poster is not just trying wipe up sentiment? d poster seem to be familiar with jigawa state

Don't worry. This will last for a while. When Nigeria is divided, you and your kinsmen will go and kill yourselves.

He feigned madness and police corroborated him. Hmmm, this is wonderful. So mad men are now taxi drivers.

Well, it's just for a while

NYSC should be made optional and corp members should only serve in schools.
Re: 3 NYSC Corpers Attacked In Jigawa State; Unprovoked Aggression! by otokx(m): 6:11pm On May 21, 2011
scrap nysc
Re: 3 NYSC Corpers Attacked In Jigawa State; Unprovoked Aggression! by hercules07: 7:04pm On May 21, 2011
Nigeria is a violence prone nation, whether in the North or South, it is the same thing, people are killed indiscriminately in this country, be it boko haram, MEND bombs, kidnapping, area boys, violence is violence and should be condemned, where is GEJ to give us security.
Re: 3 NYSC Corpers Attacked In Jigawa State; Unprovoked Aggression! by just2nice(m): 9:53pm On May 21, 2011
jimmysho:

I am disappointed by your comments.Fairy tale?I am telling you how 3 NYSC youth corpers narrowly escaped death in the name of "Service To Motherland" and you think I am just fabricating this? It seems you want more innocent blood to be shed and published on the newspapers before you believe this.
Jigawa hardly receives news coverage from the media because of it's backwardness,and I posted this citizen's report to tell Nigerians know how God averted tears and more heart-breaks that would have occurred on Friday.
Re: 3 NYSC Corpers Attacked In Jigawa State; Unprovoked Aggression! by just2nice(m): 10:05pm On May 21, 2011
More updates. . .

The matter has been reported to the state's NYSC office and also the state police headquarters in Dutse,Jigawa state.We just hope that the culprits be brought to the books and justice dispensed.The corper, who was injured in the attack, has his head stitched up and has been treated at the local clinic.The other two are feeling better now.
Re: 3 NYSC Corpers Attacked In Jigawa State; Unprovoked Aggression! by 13volts(m): 7:47am On May 22, 2011
@poster you were attacked by a mental disable person and not bcoz of your nysc status
it is a common case all over nigeria, when you yell ole ole or thief thief, what you expect is an army of people with clubs, petrol and tyre. if for any reason. corp nembers are target in jigawa, explain to us how you guys have manage to stay alive.
i relate wit a lot of corp members here in jigawa of which many have shown thier desire to stay behind if employed by the state government. ur co -corp fello one gearad from anambra state just got employed wit the state government and the bobo is excited to stay back. the truth here is that, corp members are never seen as a target in the north save for the unfortunate incident in post election violence. yet even after the violence corp members are still respected and offered jobs all over the north. a lot of corp members posted to the north and subsequently employed uses such job as a startup job before going for better jobs. others stayed behind use thier skills start a private business before moving on. @ poster you serve in the north thier are risk associated with serving in the north, just like thier are risk associated with serving in the south. for example a friend of mine also from jigawa state and coincidentlly from gumel serving in imo state just called me and told me how he cheated death by some seconds when some dare armed robbers invaded nwele police station olu imo state this morning shooting as if no body live within 30km radius of the police station.
Re: 3 NYSC Corpers Attacked In Jigawa State; Unprovoked Aggression! by zipper003: 8:55am On May 22, 2011
hercules07:

Nigeria is a violence prone nation, whether in the North or South, it is the same thing, people are killed indiscriminately in this country, be it boko haram, MEND bombs, kidnapping, area boys, violence is violence and should be condemned, where is GEJ to give us security.
[/quote]

[quote author=just2nice link=topic=672399.msg8368367#msg8368367 date=1306011214]
I am disappointed by your comments.Fairy tale?I am telling you how 3 NYSC youth corpers narrowly escaped death in the name of "Service To Motherland" and you think I am just fabricating this? It seems you want more innocent blood to be shed and published on the newspapers before you believe this.
Jigawa hardly receives news coverage from the media because of it's backwardness,and I posted this citizen's report to tell Nigerians know how God averted tears and more heart-breaks that would have occurred on Friday.

just2nice, DON'T mind that FOOL talking. he doesn't have tertiary education so he can never understand what Nysc means!
Read what our Dear Senate President is Proposing because he doesn't have children serving in the Nysc,
"Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years!"
The Senate President, David Mark, has called on the federal government to elongate the one year compulsory National Youth Service Scheme to two years.

He made the call in Abuja when he addressed the 125 National Defence College (NDC) participant's course 18 graduates and their directing staff. He said the additional one year should be devoted to military training.

Mr Mark argued that the current three-week orientation program is "just inadequate." He suggested that, in addition to the military training, the first year should also be devoted to training the graduates in discipline, national interest, values and inculcation of patriotism, ideals of nationhood and development. "I believe that when we get our national interest and values right with proper discipline among the youth and commitment to our fatherland, the ingredients needed for national survival, and the malaise in our society would have been erased," he said.

Nigeria currently practices a scheme where all graduates of tertiary institutions below the age of 30 compulsorily give one year of service to the nation. The corps members are posted to a state different from their home state and state of residence. The scheme was initiated after the civil war, to encourage national integration, !!

Isn't this Guy a GOAT,

Just see what he does next,
And thie is the Same FOOL who wanted to swindle N70 billion from GTB and Intercontinental bank, We are really in trouble!
Cbn Gov. Blocks Mark, Bankole's N70 Billion Loan Request From Two Banks

Re: 3 NYSC Corpers Attacked In Jigawa State; Unprovoked Aggression! by zipper003: 9:03am On May 22, 2011
hercules07:

just2nice:

I am disappointed by your comments.Fairy tale?I am telling you how 3  NYSC youth corpers narrowly escaped death in the name of "Service To Motherland" and you think I am just fabricating this? It seems you want more innocent blood to be shed and published on the newspapers before you believe this.

just2nice, DON'T mind that FOOL talking. he doesn't have tertiary education so he can never understand what Nysc means!
Read what our Dear Senate President is Proposing because he doesn't have children serving in the Nysc,
"Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years!"
The Senate President, David Mark, has called on the federal government to elongate the one year compulsory National Youth Service Scheme to two years.

He made the call in Abuja when he addressed the 125 National Defence College (NDC) participant's course 18 graduates and their directing staff. He said the additional one year should be devoted to military training.

Mr Mark argued that the current three-week orientation program is "just inadequate." He suggested that, in addition to the military training, the first year should also be devoted to training the graduates in discipline, national interest, values and inculcation of patriotism, ideals of nationhood and development. "I believe that when we get our national interest and values right with proper discipline among the youth and commitment to our fatherland, the ingredients needed for national survival, and the malaise in our society would have been erased," he said.

Nigeria currently practices a scheme where all graduates of tertiary institutions below the age of 30 compulsorily give one year of service to the nation. The corps members are posted to a state different from their home state and state of residence. The scheme was initiated after the civil war, to encourage national integration, !!

Isn't this Guy a GOAT,

Just see what he does next,
And thie is the Same FOOL who wanted to swindle N70 billion from GTB and Intercontinental bank, We are really in trouble!
Cbn Gov. Blocks Mark, Bankole's N70 Billion Loan Request From Two Banks
Re: 3 NYSC Corpers Attacked In Jigawa State; Unprovoked Aggression! by chamber2(m): 9:12am On May 22, 2011
@poster you were attacked by a mental disable person and not bcoz of your nysc status
it is a common case all over nigeria, when you yell ole ole or thief thief, what you expect is an army of people with clubs, petrol and tyre. if for any reason. corp nembers are target in jigawa, explain to us how you guys have manage to stay alive.
i relate wit a lot of corp members here in jigawa of which many have shown thier desire to stay behind if employed by the state government. your co -corp fello one gearad from anambra state just got employed wit the state government and the bobo is excited to stay back. the truth here is that, corp members are never seen as a target in the north save for the unfortunate incident in post election violence. yet even after the violence corp members are still respected and offered jobs all over the north. a lot of corp members posted to the north and subsequently employed uses such job as a startup job before going for better jobs. others stayed behind use thier skills start a private business before moving on. @ poster you serve in the north thier are risk associated with serving in the north, just like thier are risk associated with serving in the south. for example a friend of mine also from jigawa state and coincidentlly from gumel serving in imo state just called me and told me how he cheated death by some seconds when some dare armed robbers invaded nwele police station olu imo state this morning shooting as if no body live within 30km radius of the police station.

Maybe you are insane or something more.Corps members were almost killed and you are here giving gospel.Who do you think is interested in this your crap?The violence in the north is becoming unbearable and something drastic needs to be done to control this or this country will be thrown into another civil war
Re: 3 NYSC Corpers Attacked In Jigawa State; Unprovoked Aggression! by 13volts(m): 10:18am On May 22, 2011
the fact still remains that they were attacked not becoz they were corp members.
Re: 3 NYSC Corpers Attacked In Jigawa State; Unprovoked Aggression! by LoveKing(m): 11:29am On May 22, 2011
13volts:

the fact still remains that they were attacked not becoz they were corp members.
what is the fact? Can you prove your statement? You cant dumbo. So it holds no weight. The point here is CORPERS were about to get killed.
Re: 3 NYSC Corpers Attacked In Jigawa State; Unprovoked Aggression! by Seun(m): 7:51am On May 23, 2011
What if they didn't have the NYSC official to bail them out? That's where they would still be by now.
Re: 3 NYSC Corpers Attacked In Jigawa State; Unprovoked Aggression! by shagaman: 7:54am On May 23, 2011
The rate of violence is alarming,FG should scrap NYSC in d north or use only northerners there,atleast they can kill there one of there own nobody cares,
useless motherfuckers,
Re: 3 NYSC Corpers Attacked In Jigawa State; Unprovoked Aggression! by Skii(m): 8:08am On May 23, 2011
@poster

Sorry, but,

They barely left gumel boundary before the driver went off the road, yet when they ran back to the highway, some indigenes from garki saw them and came to their rescue

either they must really have run far, because gumel to garki at 100km/hr is roughly 30 minutes, or you meant to say as they were approaching garki

all the same i sympathise with you, was originally posted to garki but by the grace of God reposted to dutse after about a month
Re: 3 NYSC Corpers Attacked In Jigawa State; Unprovoked Aggression! by Obi88(m): 8:13am On May 23, 2011
for God's sake, why are these northeners devil hearted? They are meant to be wild animals not human beings
Re: 3 NYSC Corpers Attacked In Jigawa State; Unprovoked Aggression! by 702: 8:14am On May 23, 2011
Skii:

@poster

Sorry, but,

They barely left gumel boundary before the driver went off the road, yet when they ran back to the highway, some indigenes from garki saw them and came to their rescue

either they must really have run far, because gumel to garki at 100km/hr is roughly 30 minutes, or you meant to say as they were approaching garki

all the same i sympathise with you, was originally posted to garki but by the grace of God reposted to dutse after about a month

Reposted to dutse?? instead of them 2b redeployed back to their hmelands. cuz i knw there are nearby villages like shuwarin & b/kudu that gt sum bloody thugs!
Re: 3 NYSC Corpers Attacked In Jigawa State; Unprovoked Aggression! by Obi88(m): 8:26am On May 23, 2011
for God's sake, why are these northeners devil hearted? They are meant to be wild animals not human beings, pls nass should either scrap this nysc or corpers should serve in their geopolitical zones, just imagine how these animals killed future hopes of nigeria calling it post election
violence, GOD will never forgive u animals
Re: 3 NYSC Corpers Attacked In Jigawa State; Unprovoked Aggression! by larryshow4(m): 8:27am On May 23, 2011
Let them just scrape this useless and life wasting NYSC of a thing if they can't improve students security on it. Can you imagine after parent has successfully sent there children to school and now expecting the fruit of there labour, some illiterate useless batch of senseless hausa (am sorry) would just send them to there early grave. Its Rubbish. Instead of the govt attending to this crisis on time. Am sure they'll be fighting over there allowance at the assembly.

Rubbish!!!!

Hissssing!!!
Re: 3 NYSC Corpers Attacked In Jigawa State; Unprovoked Aggression! by texazzpete(m): 8:30am On May 23, 2011
There is no credible proof that this was a premeditated attack on CORPS MEMBERS and not on 3 strangers who the villagers took to be thieves.
Let us learn to separate our emotions from our ability to employ logical reasoning. In many other cities in the South, you will be lynched to death if someone identifies you as a thief. It happens in Lagos, Benin, Onitsha, Abia etc.

Nigerians really need to understand that it isn't only the person chewing grass and eating garbage that has mental problems. When you see outwardly normal people in the western world suddenly snap and start shooting people, what do you think is happening? For all we know the guy really could be mentally unstable.

I feel for your friends though. were they wearing their NYSC uniforms?
Re: 3 NYSC Corpers Attacked In Jigawa State; Unprovoked Aggression! by ufumes(m): 8:32am On May 23, 2011
A mentally unstable driver, hmmm, how true?
Re: 3 NYSC Corpers Attacked In Jigawa State; Unprovoked Aggression! by md4real(m): 8:47am On May 23, 2011
just2nice:

also grab some drinks at a local bar.On their way back,around 5 p.m, they flagged down a vechicle
three drunk or alcohol smelling corp members  who by character and possibly dressing looks like those engaged in such illicit affair accused em of?

just2nice:

the driver veered off sharply into a rustic village and stopped in the village square.He alighted  and started shouting in Hausa that the 3 corpers were thieves and that they wanted to steal his vechicle.

this is a simple case, did the driver say hey fellas, here are corp member, come let make a meat out of them?

just2nice:

i am just wondering how an individual in Lagos responses to a cry of OLE in Lagos. the corps should be glad they escape. in Lagos, they would have been burnt alive.

just2nice:

Inspite of the efforts of these helpers,one of the corpers had his head cracked open by a big stone that was thrown from the back of the vechicle while another narrowly escaped being amputated by a flying axe that luckily for him,the sharp head broke off in flight and only the handle of the axe struck him hard in the back.

now you are painting a picture like you are there. stop wasting your precious description talent on fuming issue which is already causing too much problem else.

just2nice:

The police later came and took them to the police station in Gumel,but not after the three boys had been beaten with sticks and planks.
There, in the police station, they were initially handcuffed and stripped to their shorts before NYSC officials in Gumel now came and rescued them.

stop acting like you don't know the Nigeria police.
Re: 3 NYSC Corpers Attacked In Jigawa State; Unprovoked Aggression! by pereze: 8:51am On May 23, 2011
fineboy200:

WETIN UNA DEY DO THERE, UNA NO DEY HEAR. WETIN UNA DEY SERVE? ABI YOU WAN CONTINUE SERVICE FOR HELL OR HEAVEN.
I still don't understand some Nigerian youths. What on earth are corp members still doing there in north?Can they not be left alone since they have made it clear that they don't want 'foreigners' in their domain!
So graduates serving in northern states cannot organise themselves well and carry out a revolution by boycotting service until a favourable terms of service is drafted?
You guys should keep on typing from your mobile Ok, we will continue to read, RUBBISH!
Re: 3 NYSC Corpers Attacked In Jigawa State; Unprovoked Aggression! by 1soul(m): 8:55am On May 23, 2011
NYSC is an unnecessary waist of time, we are even more divided now than before the 1914 colonial amalgamation. the program should be scraped, after all we are said to have the shortest life span in the world and yet our educational process takes almost 60% chunk off it, Still at that the standard is nothing to write home about (garbage in garbage out from the lecturer to the students and back to sender). Poor allowance, why won't the girls seek a less worthy alternative like hybrid prostitution while the guys become terror at night, since there is no guarantee they're getting a befitting employment.
Re: 3 NYSC Corpers Attacked In Jigawa State; Unprovoked Aggression! by chuksme(m): 8:58am On May 23, 2011
Who is this 13volts are you an Aboki man? i know people like you are the type of people that shed innocent blood for no reason.Look at the example you presented on a corper that was attacked by Armed robber Imo state. what connects that with the posters post. anybody could be a victim  of  an Arm robber.
Re: 3 NYSC Corpers Attacked In Jigawa State; Unprovoked Aggression! by Abimbola29(m): 8:59am On May 23, 2011
Pls can any 1 tell me how to post a new topic on nairaland.plss

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Corpers and Ex-Copers Can Get 3-10million Loan Grant-sterling Bank / Osun State Batch A15. Let's Me Here. / N19,000 Wont Be Enough So Get More Pay As A Corper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.