Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,002 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

What Is The Possibility Of Creating This Kind Of App - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Is The Possibility Of Creating This Kind Of App (657 Views)

What Kind Of App Does Nigeria Lack At The Moment? / Im In Dire Need Of App Or Software For Stock Taking / What Type Of App Or Software Can One Use To Learn Java Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Possibility Of Creating This Kind Of App by kannex: 9:55pm On Aug 28, 2021
I have this idea of creating a map app but with social media functions like for instance a map app that will have chatting ability (user can chat), news feed (which involve status update, picture and video upload), ability to follow a user and more which i can state here because of security reasons.
So is this kind of app posible for someone to develop a map+ social media integration, if it is possible please state how you think this can be achieve thanks in advance.
Please i wil be expecting your advise.
Re: What Is The Possibility Of Creating This Kind Of App by FreshBoss007: 10:03pm On Aug 28, 2021
A map shouldn't have chat functions.. that's kind of a distraction

My opinion though

1 Like

Re: What Is The Possibility Of Creating This Kind Of App by kannex: 10:05pm On Aug 28, 2021
FreshBoss007:

My opinion though

That is why i said map plus social media together.
Re: What Is The Possibility Of Creating This Kind Of App by slimjohn2k5: 10:10pm On Aug 28, 2021
FreshBoss007:

My opinion though

It can have
Re: What Is The Possibility Of Creating This Kind Of App by kannex: 10:17pm On Aug 28, 2021
Pleas i need more oppinion.
Re: What Is The Possibility Of Creating This Kind Of App by spartan117(m): 4:16am On Aug 29, 2021
WhatsApp has both features implemented, chat and map integration in the form of location sharing. So it's certainly possible and not conflicting.
Re: What Is The Possibility Of Creating This Kind Of App by kannex: 8:59am On Aug 29, 2021
Sir you are missing what i mean is that for instance google map plus facebook together that is map and social media app together what is the possibility of developing this kind of app.
In real sense it is a map application but will have 65-75% of social media fratures integrated to the map application.

spartan117:
WhatsApp has both features implemented, chat and map integration in the form of location sharing. So it's certainly possible and not conflicting.
Re: What Is The Possibility Of Creating This Kind Of App by kannex: 9:00am On Aug 29, 2021
Pls i need more advise abeg
Re: What Is The Possibility Of Creating This Kind Of App by niel63(m): 12:38pm On Aug 29, 2021
Are you talking about Snapchat? Shey u know say map dey am...?
Re: What Is The Possibility Of Creating This Kind Of App by spartan117(m): 1:45pm On Aug 29, 2021
kannex:
Sir you are missing what i mean is that for instance google map plus facebook together that is map and social media app together what is the possibility of developing this kind of app.
In real sense it is a map application but will have 65-75% of social media fratures integrated to the map application.

It's possible. Just get a good UI/UX designer to design it according to your spec before handing it off to the devs.
Re: What Is The Possibility Of Creating This Kind Of App by kannex: 2:47pm On Aug 29, 2021
Goo ux designer no problem but is there no devoper in this section that can give me a clue about this how this kind of project should be handled pls i need more advise
Re: What Is The Possibility Of Creating This Kind Of App by darkdenizen: 7:06pm On Aug 29, 2021
kannex:
Goo ux designer no problem but is there no devoper in this section that can give me a clue about this how this kind of project should be handled pls i need more advise

Let me start by saying its very possible to integrate chat functions into a map. Its called a mashup. From my understanding you want your users avatar or profile to be displayed on a map showing their addresses and locations.

But the question is this.
1.What is your specific purpose for integrating a chat on a map?
2.Is there any particular importance that you feel the map integration will serve?
3.Lastly, don't you think exposing user addresses and locations will pose a security risk?

These and more are the kind of questions you need to be asking before you go into app design and development because you are supposed to be solving problems not creating them.
If you can give me answers to the above questions, I am willing to at the least tell you how you can get it done.
Re: What Is The Possibility Of Creating This Kind Of App by kannex: 9:20pm On Aug 29, 2021
darkdenizen:

Let me start by saying its very possible to integrate chat functions into a map. Its called a mashup. From my understanding you want your users avatar or profile to be displayed on a map showing their addresses and locations.

But the question is this.
1.What is your specific purpose for integrating a chat on a map?
2.Is there any particular importance that you feel the map integration will serve?
3.Lastly, don't you think exposing user addresses and locations will pose a security risk?

These and more are the kind of questions you need to be asking before you go into app design and development because you are supposed to be solving problems not creating them.
If you can give me answers to the above questions, I am willing to at the least tell you how you can get it done.

First the app is called map media which is a map app plus social media functionality. First of all am happy that you just ask a very valid question, but let me tell you that have put this into consideration. First the user info like address will not be shown on the map, the only thing that will be shown on the map is just the name or username and profile image, the only time the address will be visible is when a friend ask for your address and u decide to send ur address that is when the user will see ur adress, now how will this work, it work like this when a user ask for ur address u just need to click what is called know my address and you tag the person, then the address will be sent to the user which wil include house number, street name , nearest bustop, and opposite building. Also the app will be encrypted in such a way that u can't know a user location except the user send his or her location to another user when user login u can just see people in your area liek example it will just show an avatar with name and state.

One of the problem this app will solve is that it will reduce kidnap or job scam to the lowest minimum, that is where the monitor me features comes in, with this feature, a user can track another user, now how will this work, let assume a user want to go to a job interview and she is nervous or she feel the place look suspicious what the user need to do is to click on the monitor me button and tag the people that she want them to monitor her and type 100 word why she want them to monitor her for instance (abeg i want go interview for lekki abeg monitor me i know trust this company) and then set time and date when the monitor me will start, then she will then send send the monitor me to her friend which she will wait for her friend to accept the monitor. Once it gets to the time she set for the monitor to start all her friends that accept the monitor will be able to know when she get to that particular destination and when she is back home, and after that time the monitor me will expired which her friend can no longer monitor or track her movement note; her friend will be able to track her even if her phone is switch off. can't just go further to explain this features bcus there is a lot of thing about this monitor me feature that i cant just explain.

Another thing that this app will solve is that people will know the condition of a place before they get there for instance people who have an account with the app will able to update the community with traffic update, police checking point, voilence, so with these update driver will know the problem about a particular place before ahead in simple terms latest happening around an enviroment. I just can go on and on to tell you the problems this app will solve. But this is just a little of what the app will be able to solve, but at the same time i cant just spit out all the feature and what problem each of the feature will solve for instance i cant just tell you what the monitor me feature is all about in full details. Anyway thanks for showing concern about this areas .
I will be waiting for your response, with this kind of app am just wondering how will the news feeds and other social media function will be integrated

1 Like

Re: What Is The Possibility Of Creating This Kind Of App by darkdenizen: 11:47pm On Aug 29, 2021
I get it now. Its not just a messaging app with map integrated but a security app.
Its a noble idea.
Do you have any programming skill or you want to hire one
Re: What Is The Possibility Of Creating This Kind Of App by kannex: 6:44am On Aug 30, 2021
I dont have
darkdenizen:
I get it now. Its not just a messaging app with map integrated but a security app.
Its a noble idea.
Do you have any programming skill or you want to hire one

Am not a programmer that is why i came here to ask how this kind of app can be created i have most of the concept design in my head but the only design concept i dont have is the news feed because am just thinking how the news feeds can be integrated i will like to hear your oppinion on this thanks in advance.
Re: What Is The Possibility Of Creating This Kind Of App by darkdenizen: 7:54am On Aug 30, 2021
kannex:
I dont have

Am not a programmer that is why i came here to ask how this kind of app can be created i have most of the concept design in my head but the only design concept i dont have is the news feed because am just thinking how the news feeds can be integrated i will like to hear your oppinion on this thanks in advance.

Okay. So first thing don't just have the design concept in your head. You have to document it by preparing what is called an app functional requirements which is basically a list of features and specifications on what you want your app to do and what not to do.

Secondly,create a mockup or wireframe document or have a ui/ux designer create one for you. These steps are essential and I am telling you from experience cos things might get really confusing if you skip these steps.

You mentioned you are not a programmer and that makes me wonder why you are really interested in knowing how to create such an app. You should leave the 'hows' to professionals cos even if I explain to you it will not make any reasonable impact.

Concerning the news feed which you seemed worried about. There are ways to go about it.
You can simply tweak an already written chat script to suit your needs or build your app on already existing and widely used chat and messaging apps like Twitter and Facebook etc
Re: What Is The Possibility Of Creating This Kind Of App by stanliwise(m): 7:56am On Aug 30, 2021
kannex:
I have this idea of creating a map app but with social media functions like for instance a map app that will have chatting ability (user can chat), news feed (which involve status update, picture and video upload), ability to follow a user and more which i can state here because of security reasons.
So is this kind of app posible for someone to develop a map+ social media integration, if it is possible please state how you think this can be achieve thanks in advance.
Please i wil be expecting your advise.
Well the money and right plan can produce almost anything
Re: What Is The Possibility Of Creating This Kind Of App by kannex: 8:03am On Aug 30, 2021
stanliwise:

Well the money and right plan can produce almost anything
Yeah you are right

(1) (Reply)

Chatgpt Understands Pidgin English / Plz Help me @ All Nairaland Programmers [desktop, mobile or web developers] / Win32 Doctor:get Help Developing Windows Applications Using C/C++ And Win32

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.