Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,024 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked (54599 Views)

See The Food I Bought For 2.5k In Maiduguri / I Cooked This Strange Food I Found On Jumia / See The Plate Of Rice I Cooked With Just 200 Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by gammarays(m): 10:03am On Aug 29, 2021
Intro:
I'm just a normal guy that can cook what I can eat. I just picked interest in cooking when I saw fellow guys preparing sumptuous delicacies.

Guys can cook nowadays o. Well I'll rate myself 20% when it comes to cooking because I don't have the required experience. I've eaten more food that I didn't cook than the one I cooked.

I bumped into the image below on Facebook and decided to try an improvised version since I can't get access to the main ingredients. I'll be brief as possible but I've written the full story on my lil blog below

https://wildwolf.xyz/the-food-i-saw-versus-the-food-i-cooked/

I'm just a JJC in cooking, make Una no laugh me o �
@lalasticlala, help move this to the promised land or I add snake. grin

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by gammarays(m): 10:31am On Aug 29, 2021
So my improvised version consists of the following
Beans
Plantain (very costly now)
Red oil
Pepper
Onion
Crayfish
Scent leaf, called nchuanwu
Oil bean seed called ugba or ukpaka
Salt and 1 cube of maggi

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by gammarays(m): 11:14am On Aug 29, 2021
Cooking the beans,added salt,pepper, onion, crayfish

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by gammarays(m): 11:14am On Aug 29, 2021
Beans don soft
Added plantain and cooked
Added Palm oil

8 Likes 3 Shares

Plantain and beans now soft
Added ukpaka and scent leaf

13 Likes

Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by gammarays(m): 11:22am On Aug 29, 2021
Food don ready o
Tried to design a little grin

136 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by gasparpisciotta: 11:50am On Aug 29, 2021
Three gbosa for you....culinary skills no be rocket science

253 Likes 9 Shares

Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by MufasaLion: 11:55am On Aug 29, 2021
Cool

I still don't know how to cook shit!

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by Pierced(f): 12:08pm On Aug 29, 2021
Achicha........I love this food.

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by Pierced(f): 12:09pm On Aug 29, 2021

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by gammarays(m): 1:16pm On Aug 29, 2021
gasparpisciotta:
grin na small small nah

3 Likes

Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by gammarays(m): 1:17pm On Aug 29, 2021
MufasaLion:
Cool

I still don't know how to cook shit!
You start from somewhere

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by MufasaLion: 1:21pm On Aug 29, 2021
gammarays:

You start from somewhere

Lol

I'm just never interested.

4 Likes

Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by sharpwriter(m): 1:38pm On Aug 29, 2021
gasparpisciotta:
Na true but e hard Dan further maths for some gals o cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by gammarays(m): 1:41pm On Aug 29, 2021
MufasaLion:

Lol

I'm just never interested.
Ok bro
You never can tell
Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by gammarays(m): 1:42pm On Aug 29, 2021
Pierced:
It's native to Nsukka axis of Enugu

Any difference between otipi and achicha?

8 Likes

Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by Pierced(f): 2:42pm On Aug 29, 2021
gammarays:

It's native to Nsukka axis of Enugu

Any difference between otipi and achicha?

Yeah.....otipuri is cooked with par boiled grounded maize....beans and leaf (preferably bitter leaf).

I wonder why u added plantain to your achicha.

Normal achicha there's no added.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by gammarays(m): 3:51pm On Aug 29, 2021
Pierced:

Yeah.....otipuri is cooked with par boiled grounded maize....beans and leaf (preferably bitter leaf).

I wonder why u added plantain to your achicha.

Normal achicha there's no added.
That's my improvised version

It's difficult for me to eat only beans without adding something

Boarding school days made me hate eating beans only

15 Likes

Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by sammuell(m): 6:46pm On Aug 29, 2021
Omo this yr beans mad

I don't joke with beans

19 Likes

Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by gammarays(m): 8:40pm On Aug 29, 2021
sammuell:
Omo this yr beans mad

I don't joke with beans

Hahaha, I would eat beans with something. Aside that, no beans for me.
Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by pozehnani(f): 10:27am On Aug 30, 2021
Lol

I see, I saw
I see the beans, agwa
I take the pot ite
I cook, me siwe ya

I cook the bean agwa ya mewe ihun owuon
Owuon
Owuon
It ite gi o di kwa nko?
Owuon, owuon...

Hahahahaaaa

After all the effort put into making what you saw, ended up like normal porridge beans...

On a more serious note.
I think your mistake was from the kind of beans you used and the ingredients. In the original one, it looks like they used black beans the Edo people call oyile or ukpele.

If it's not any of those beans, then they used kporokporo stem to achieve that color.

15 Likes

Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by gammarays(m): 7:30pm On Aug 30, 2021
pozehnani:
Lol

I see, I saw
I see the beans, agwa
I take the pot ite
I cook, me siwe ya

I cook the bean agwa ya mewe ihun owuon
Owuon
Owuon
It ite gi o di kwa nko?
Owuon, owuon...

Hahahahaaaa

After all the effort put into making what you saw, ended up like normal porridge beans...

On a more serious note.
I think your mistake was from the kind of beans you used and the ingredients. In the original one, it looks like they used black beans the Edo people call oyile or ukpele.

If it's not any of those beans, then they used kporokporo stem to achieve that color.
I knew I couldn't get the exact ingredients especially the small beans so that's my improvised version grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by pozehnani(f): 2:53pm On Aug 31, 2021
gammarays:

I knew I couldn't get the exact ingredients especially the small beans so that's my improvised version grin

Oh.. I see.
Cool though.

It's a Ghanaian delicacy I guess.

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

3 Likes

Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by debbydams(f): 4:05pm On Aug 31, 2021
I'm not fan of beans

1 Like

Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by fadal(m): 6:22pm On Aug 31, 2021
Fried Chicken Wings with Fried Rice |

4 Likes

Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by sammysmiles(m): 6:32pm On Aug 31, 2021
shocked
Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by Mindlog: 6:32pm On Aug 31, 2021
Ugba and plantain in the same dish? shocked cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by wiseone28: 6:33pm On Aug 31, 2021
Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by Skillsnigeria: 6:33pm On Aug 31, 2021
grin
Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:33pm On Aug 31, 2021
Looks very good just like this tongue tongue tongue

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by Legalcriminal: 6:33pm On Aug 31, 2021
You don do good work cook better beans but you con put ewedu leaf on top cooked beans.

Like down for you .

1 Like

Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by RPirez: 6:33pm On Aug 31, 2021
Baba, na nonsense you still cook, abeg! angry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What's The Price Of A 50kg Bag Of Rice In Your Area In Nigeria / Naija Man Makes The Best Okra Soup In Brazil! (pix) / Peanut Burger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.