Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,398 members, 7,812,171 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:26 AM

Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) (59059 Views)

Throwback Video Of Ruger Singing Without His Eye Patch (video) / Throwback Video Of A Young Wizkid Freestyling In The Studio / Teenage Wizkid Freestyling On Jimmy Jump Off (Throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by EBMedia: 1:19pm On Aug 29, 2021
Late Legendary highlife musician, Sir Victor Uwaifo recounted his experience with a mermaid he met at a Lagos beach in 1966.

He said he it was during the encounter with the mermaid that he heard the voice which formed the lyrics of his popular hit song - Guitar Boy.

See video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UdVphVxl_4

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by Ginagedy: 1:33pm On Aug 29, 2021
If you see Mami water ehhee, never never run away.
Back in the days

120 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by FalseProphet1(m): 9:34pm On Aug 29, 2021
He has finally gone to meet the mammy water that appeared to him. She really tried to wait all these years for him to be reunited with her for all eternity.

This I have seen.

93 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by Abaman001(m): 9:34pm On Aug 29, 2021
No be only Mami water, na both papi water...oloshi

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by adebenson155: 9:34pm On Aug 29, 2021
Fable

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by Independentgbol: 9:35pm On Aug 29, 2021
Until we have this depictions of mammy water on camera, it's hard to believe

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by heykims(m): 9:35pm On Aug 29, 2021
So people of old too dey lie

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by SEGLIZ: 9:35pm On Aug 29, 2021
Legend gone.
Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by tino22(m): 9:36pm On Aug 29, 2021
This vintage music. Rip Legend

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by Sonnobax15(m): 9:36pm On Aug 29, 2021
cheesy
I've heard of different stories about people encountering mermaids..Even my own maternal grandmother was one of them....So I kinda believe this shiit...

People who live close to riverine areas can easily attest to that..

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by omoadeleye(m): 9:36pm On Aug 29, 2021
Nice
Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by Vlibray: 9:36pm On Aug 29, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
cruise
Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by saintfaculty(m): 9:36pm On Aug 29, 2021
cheesy
Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by Toks2008(m): 9:37pm On Aug 29, 2021
Mysteries of life.

3 Likes

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by DropsMic(m): 9:37pm On Aug 29, 2021
Hmm
Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by michaelbills(m): 9:37pm On Aug 29, 2021
I remember singing this song in the dream when I woke up I continued singing. I sang this song till my mum got frustrated in the evening.
Lol the song sweet die.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by mrsage(m): 9:37pm On Aug 29, 2021
Make believe
Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by Oppy2k2: 9:38pm On Aug 29, 2021
Spiritual forces exist. Only God that protects his children.

36 Likes

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by Thesaint141(m): 9:38pm On Aug 29, 2021
FalseProphet1:
He has finally gone to meet the mammy water. She really tried to wait all these years for him to be reunited with her for all eternity.

This I have seen.

U False Prophet, just see all ur Rubbish and getat of my way.

6 Likes

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by Toks2008(m): 9:38pm On Aug 29, 2021
bIRODE:
Mermaid are not real

They are.

Everything that lives outside the sea are all in the sea... We live in a parallel universe with that in the sea.

Sea horse, sea turtle, sea dog, sea human...

It is a mystery but they are very very real.

Modified...

Let me post the video here so that you all will stop mentioning me.

Naive people everywhere thinking this earth is just about what they sea above the sea.

Real mermaid sighted 3000feet below sea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuXPdQqMYW0

52 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by Pimine: 9:38pm On Aug 29, 2021
Aswearugaaad

Legend! I happened to come across this song some years back and loved it. Because of this, I started listening to some of his other songs too.

3 Likes

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by 1billi(m): 9:39pm On Aug 29, 2021
heykims:
So people of old too dey grin grin lie
Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by Kingpele(m): 9:39pm On Aug 29, 2021
Damn scary ..Well the man is gone but we must learn from his encounter with the mermaid that the spiritual realm is more real than the physical ,God want you to know the truth about it but the deceiver the devil doesn't want you to know the truth so that you will die in your sins and learn it the hard way in eternity..to live right and holy is to submit to the word of God through obedience to the true God our Lord Jesus Christ.. knowledge is power but knowledge and power without good judgement or character is destructive

36 Likes

Re: Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) by Karemarealty288(m): 9:39pm On Aug 29, 2021
The man was a bundle of talent....both in music , academics and fine and applied arts.....

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD Splash-church-agbasa (phyno Girl) / DOWNLOAD FULL ALBUM: Burna Boy – Outside / DOWNLOAD: Future – Mask Off (remix) Ft. Kendrick Lamar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.