Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,283 members, 7,826,119 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Awka As State Capital Of Anambra: 30 Years After (Video, Photos) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Awka As State Capital Of Anambra: 30 Years After (Video, Photos) (41194 Views)

Adamawa Gets First Flyover 30 Years After Creation / Fire Incident Averted In Awka As Fuel Tanker Fails Break. / Pictures Of Awka Anambra State Capital That You Haven't Seen (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awka As State Capital Of Anambra: 30 Years After (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 4:42pm On Aug 30, 2021
Ladies and gentlemen if you're having a bad day, just remember people in Ogun state still pay rent

3 Likes

Re: Awka As State Capital Of Anambra: 30 Years After (Video, Photos) by ANSMEDIA: 4:42pm On Aug 30, 2021
Nzubeolisa:

it's so obvious that you're not living here in awka. Paved road ko... Flyover ni

Pictures here proved you wrong. It is so so obvious you are not even in SE. I live at Udoka so I know everything I am saying

1 Like

Re: Awka As State Capital Of Anambra: 30 Years After (Video, Photos) by chatinent: 4:43pm On Aug 30, 2021
00FFT00:

You belong in a prison facility.
People like you are the reason Nigeria produce unemployable graduates, and you come on here and brazenly advertise your criminality.

You are not wrong.
Could you secure me a job so I will stop trying to secure one online to feed me and fam advertising my criminality?
Re: Awka As State Capital Of Anambra: 30 Years After (Video, Photos) by ANSMEDIA: 4:46pm On Aug 30, 2021
post=105326716:

What do you expect from opposition parties we are in election year,

Hahahaha..he is one of the online urchins that are paid by the illiterate ifeanyi uba. They have failed in their propaganda.

2 Likes

Re: Awka As State Capital Of Anambra: 30 Years After (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 30, 2021
These buildings in Yoruba land can never be renovated. how do renovate things like this, where do you start from, your labourers will fall and break everything on their body

Re: Awka As State Capital Of Anambra: 30 Years After (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 30, 2021
When you visit yoruba land pls stay away from the buildings, those things can fall at anytime.
Yoruba ppl abeg if you still have data explain these buildings cus I don't understand, do you even use plans

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awka As State Capital Of Anambra: 30 Years After (Video, Photos) by Ghostman29(m): 4:55pm On Aug 30, 2021
You did not show us the horrible roads at around Amikwo and works road area.. you did not also show the bad roads around tempsite and Abakiliki street junction coming from Regina side..
Re: Awka As State Capital Of Anambra: 30 Years After (Video, Photos) by Komu1048(m): 4:59pm On Aug 30, 2021
proeast:
Awka mates like Oshogbo, Ado Ekiti, Birnin Kebbi, Dutse etc are still backward, with some of them having just rusted roofs and plastered mud houses to boast of.

Igboland is doing well in developing multiple cities at the same time.

Which Awka, last time I went to Awka on my way to mbaukwu. Along ekuka, flood nearly carry me go. Erosion don wash everything commot. U guys can only deceive those that don’t travel. Beside Awka was created before Ado but Oshogbo no b Awka mate. All roads in Osun r top notch, brown roof is a sign of ancient even Onitsha has brown roofs, n dilapidated buildings
Re: Awka As State Capital Of Anambra: 30 Years After (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 30, 2021
I have roads to show you.
This is sango ota in Ogun state
Ghostman29:
You did not show us the horrible roads at around Amikwo and works road area.. you did not also show the bad roads around tempsite and Abakiliki street junction coming from Regina side..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awka As State Capital Of Anambra: 30 Years After (Video, Photos) by Murrayish(f): 5:02pm On Aug 30, 2021
I've not seen a state capital as dirty as Awka. Refuse heaps here and there. You no fit see fresh air breathe for here. The roads leading to ifite school gate nko? Bone rattling
Re: Awka As State Capital Of Anambra: 30 Years After (Video, Photos) by ayenale1(m): 5:02pm On Aug 30, 2021
Decent than brown roof ancient city

1 Like

Re: Awka As State Capital Of Anambra: 30 Years After (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 5:02pm On Aug 30, 2021
grin Osun is top notch grin
The same Osun
Komu1048:

Which Awka, last time I went to Awka on my way to mbaukwu. Along ekuka, flood nearly carry me go. Erosion don wash everything commot. U guys can only deceive those that don’t travel. Beside Awka was created before Ado but Oshogbo no b Awka mate. All roads in Osun r top notch, brown roof is a sign of ancient even Onitsha has brown roofs, n dilapidated buildings

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Awka As State Capital Of Anambra: 30 Years After (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 30, 2021
This is Osun state capital by the way
Furious1:

grin Osun is top notch grin
The same Osun

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awka As State Capital Of Anambra: 30 Years After (Video, Photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:05pm On Aug 30, 2021
Ghostman29:
We are raining season mention one state in Nigeria with zero pothole

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awka As State Capital Of Anambra: 30 Years After (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 30, 2021
You should be worried about yoruba land.
Una no go fit kill me
Murrayish:
I've not seen a state capital as dirty as Awka. Refuse heaps here and there. You no fit see fresh air breathe for here. The roads leading to ifite school gate nko? Bone rattling

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awka As State Capital Of Anambra: 30 Years After (Video, Photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:08pm On Aug 30, 2021
Murrayish:
Ndi tanker show us the dirty Awka, Ifeanyi Ubah should go and settle Amcon.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Awka As State Capital Of Anambra: 30 Years After (Video, Photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:09pm On Aug 30, 2021
Furious1:
You should be worried about yoruba land.
Una no go fit kill me
grin grin
Re: Awka As State Capital Of Anambra: 30 Years After (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 30, 2021
Even north that is basement complex still has serious potholes but one loud mouth wants to discuss Awka
post=105327351:

We are raining season mention one state in Nigeria with zero pothole

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awka As State Capital Of Anambra: 30 Years After (Video, Photos) by alshalz(m): 5:15pm On Aug 30, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
They are gearing up brother, in few minutes they will arrive in their numbers.
I don show .wee the brown roofs mud houses the other sides are known for ,udo ga _adi ooo
Re: Awka As State Capital Of Anambra: 30 Years After (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 30, 2021
This is kaduna even with their Rocky terrains

Re: Awka As State Capital Of Anambra: 30 Years After (Video, Photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:19pm On Aug 30, 2021
Furious1:
Even north that is basement complex still has serious potholes but one loud mouth wants to discuss Awka
Even in US there are potholes in some of their roads grin grin, Anambra boasts of best road network in Nigeria, the few ones with potholes will be fix after raining season, no state is free from potholes.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Awka As State Capital Of Anambra: 30 Years After (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 30, 2021
Pic1: Imo
Pic2: Imo
Pic3:Ogun
Pic4: Ogun

4 Likes

Re: Awka As State Capital Of Anambra: 30 Years After (Video, Photos) by Fidelarinze9(m): 5:21pm On Aug 30, 2021
TarOrfeeek:
Awka is a residential town.

Not City.

There are only a few Cities in Nigeria.

Lagos and Portharcourt.

Even Abuja is not a city.
Abuja is more as city than Lagos, very planned
Re: Awka As State Capital Of Anambra: 30 Years After (Video, Photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:21pm On Aug 30, 2021
Furious1:
This is kaduna even with their Rocky terrains
Roads in US

Re: Awka As State Capital Of Anambra: 30 Years After (Video, Photos) by Orangebasket: 5:22pm On Aug 30, 2021
post=105303466:

Anambra @ 30: Awka was declared capital on 21 August 1991, after the creation of Anambra and Enugu state, which moved the capital from Enugu to Awka, also remember Anambra have other major cities like Onitsha, Obosi, Nkpor, Nkwelle, Ekwulobia, Anambra industrial cities are Ogbaru, Ogbaru host the highest numbers of industries, then Nnewi and Ogbunike, these are major industrial clusters are located, Anambra west host moreof Agro industries, Anambra evolving into a city state where style, hospitality define culture, UNTIL recently, the sight of a brightly lit bridge or descending aircraft making its landing in a well built airport in the state had not been part of Anambra’s history. Interestingly, in her 30th year anniversary, she has all these amongst other collections of monumental developments, thus, turning into an all city state.

My focus today is Awka which was declared state capital of Anambra 30 years ago.

Watch interesting areas in Awka.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKPlVXe5JbI
pls i am also from Anambra.. and i stay in Awka too... But this lies you are peddling wants to make me throw up... Why not snap Eke Awka roads .. Dike street..ifite road.. The whole of Arthur Eze streets are fucking messed up.. I dont even want to go further.. Agulu road is a total mess... A lot of roads peter obi left clean and smooth are living in their past glory...stop giving that drunkard Obiano undue credit!! ... He practically brought nothing in Anambra asides his three substandard flyovers... And Airport that chinese are funding to turn to their private business soon!... What exactly did obiano do with the Eight years pls.??... I need to know?? You are here showing us roads that are already pre-existing and people's houses and hotels and then the mediocre express way he managed to expand??..

1 Like

Re: Awka As State Capital Of Anambra: 30 Years After (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 30, 2021
Pic1: Imo
Pic2:Imo
pic3:Ogun(Igr=70biion grin )
Pic4: you already know

1 Like

Re: Awka As State Capital Of Anambra: 30 Years After (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 30, 2021
Anambra

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awka As State Capital Of Anambra: 30 Years After (Video, Photos) by sweetjohn(m): 5:26pm On Aug 30, 2021
adelaja70:

This one dey compare tiny Awka with one of the largest cities in Africa... You well so?
Largest in dirty. Shit... Its not about landmass but development inside. Else, hope you know lagos is the tiniest state in Nigeria
Re: Awka As State Capital Of Anambra: 30 Years After (Video, Photos) by Orangebasket: 5:27pm On Aug 30, 2021
Murrayish:
Honestly speaking..for a state capital.. Awka is fvcking dirty..refuse heaps everywhere... Back of Eke-awka...towards CPS police station is always a mess.. This Op is just not well upstairs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Awka As State Capital Of Anambra: 30 Years After (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 30, 2021
Awka is getting cleaned up, be calming down y'all, no time

2 Likes

Re: Awka As State Capital Of Anambra: 30 Years After (Video, Photos) by Latakia(f): 5:28pm On Aug 30, 2021
Theevilone:

This is just Awka
Awka is the capital but still can't be compare to just Bode Thomas/Adeniran Ogunsanya for Lagos.
Re: Awka As State Capital Of Anambra: 30 Years After (Video, Photos) by ANSMEDIA: 5:31pm On Aug 30, 2021
Orangebasket:
Honestly speaking..for a state capital.. Awka is fvcking dirty..refuse heaps everywhere... Back of Eke-awka...towards CPS police station is always a mess.. This Op is just not well upstairs

Propaganda and lies won't save you envious bitter people. This is the same beautiful city of Awka. Awka is the fastest growing city in Nigeria with exception of Abuja. Continue crying.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Most Beautiful Cities In Africa / Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures / 4 Airplane Facts That Can Cure Any Fear Of Flying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.