Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,168 members, 7,838,994 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record (16220 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks 11-year-old's Wrist With Nasty Free Kick / Cristiano Ronaldo's Free-Kick Breaks Boy's Wrist In Friendly Match / La Liga - Ronaldo Breaks Opponent's Nose - Reuters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by crusufixo(m): 10:14am On May 23, 2011
The debate on who is better between messi and ronaldo to me makes no sense. These are two great players of our time and their feat should be applauded. Ronaldo has just achieved a feat, rather than analyzing how the goals came, he should be given a standing ovation ( mind you, i am not particularly a fan of either players, i just enjoy watching them play ). I must say, its not easy wat these two players have done so far,
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by mrofficial(m): 10:25am On May 23, 2011
M M M:

dat guy is a good player,
just dat he run like a gay in d field.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by snowdrops(m): 10:33am On May 23, 2011
donobi:

@skii tell messi to go to other leagues and perform, ronaldo has proven itself. To me he's better than messi.
and does champions league count as "the other league" in your dictionary? Ronaldo moved to Spain because of money. he is a mercenary full stop. messi could have moved ages ago but he loves football genuinely and would not just play for any tom dick or harry.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by baslone: 10:41am On May 23, 2011
snowdrops:

his team mates contributed a lot in achieving this feat. they wanted him to break that record and made sure he had the ball in scoring positions.

medjai:

Of the 40 goals, 10 were penalties, 11 were scored in dead rubber matches, i.e, when Barca had already won the league. . . freaking overrated player
Skii:

Make the guy complete im tour

make e go italy, make we see how far, !

Quit hating!

Give props to whom it's due too!

Cr deserves it!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by snowdrops(m): 10:43am On May 23, 2011
ok then. he deserves it. can we move on. 40 goals is definitely flattering and even cr knows it. messi scored more quality goals and had more assists.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by johnjoel(m): 10:47am On May 23, 2011
meeeeeeeeen this guy is a phenomenal tongue
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by snowdrops(m): 10:49am On May 23, 2011
Quote from Messi on http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/05/22/2498352/barcelonas-lionel-messi-winning-champions-league-final

“Goals are only important if they win you games,” he told the Mirror.

“If I don’t score and Barcelona win the Champions League it’s unimportant whether I find the net or not.

“My interest is in the collective success of the team, not individual glory. I’ve not given any great deal of thought about not scoring in England.

“And I’m not driven by the desire to score more goals in a Champions League campaign than any other player.

“If it’s meant to happen, it will happen.”
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by snowdrops(m): 10:51am On May 23, 2011
these words should be inscribed in gold. cannot be truer. what is 40 goals in a season if it wins you nothing. football is a team and not an individual sport.
cr you dey hear
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by Showab1: 11:14am On May 23, 2011
I also join all the true football lovers to take a bow for CR7. for achieving this feat.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by mikuz(m): 11:33am On May 23, 2011
snowdrops:

Quote from Messi on http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/05/22/2498352/barcelonas-lionel-messi-winning-champions-league-final

“If I don’t score and Barcelona win the Champions League it’s unimportant whether I find the net or not.

“My interest is in the collective success of the team, not individual glory. I’ve not given any great deal of thought about not scoring in England.

“And I’m not driven by the desire to score more goals in a Champions League campaign than any other player.

oboy! See excuse o!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by Xfactoria: 11:46am On May 23, 2011
snowdrops:

His PR guy did a good job on him for him to have been able to appreciate the worthlessness of goals without tangible team results. If he had said otherwise, his haters would catch in on that to label him arrogant and "glory seeker".

For long, the guy has not been getting the credit he deserves. He works pretty hard, more than an average player will do and he is very determined. I am not surprised at his achievement. We miss him at United. CR7 is a legend!

But Kudos to him,
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by Nobody: 12:07pm On May 23, 2011
I am huge CR7 fan, he is a complete footballer. He is an excellent shooter, header, dribbler, passer, runner, thrower, free-kick taker, goal scorer. This is another product of his hardwork, and he surely deserves an award for this. I believe he would be a strong contender for the world best player award next year. CR7 rules!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by duchessemi(f): 12:28pm On May 23, 2011
@Snowdrops

Quit hating!
You are just beefing d guy 4 nuffin,
And 4 ur information, out of dat 40goals he scored,came d winning goal in d finals of kings cup, Olori baba ronaldo is da bomb!!!

COURT! : tongue tongue tongue
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by medjai(m): 12:33pm On May 23, 2011
Ronaldo scored 11 goals in the last 4 league games of the season, that was after Barca had won the league. If he had showed such good form when there was alot to play for, perhaps, Madrid would have won something more tangible than the Copa del Rey.
Messi's goals led Barca to the league title, Champions league final and Copa del Rey final. Ronaldo's ?
Moreso, Ronaldo played more league games and had more minutes than Messi in the league.
Before Barca won the league, the top scorer chart in la liga was:
Messi 31
Ronaldo 29.
Ronaldo only surpassed Messi when Messi had already won the league and had nothing to play for anymore. . . Perhaps, Ronaldo doesn't know when to score goals
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by montelik(m): 12:58pm On May 23, 2011
crusufixo:

The debate on who is better between messi and ronaldo to me makes no sense. These are two great players of our time and their feat should be applauded. Ronaldo has just achieved a feat, rather than analyzing how the goals came, he should be given a standing ovation ( mind you, i am not particularly a fan of either players, i just enjoy watching them play ). I must say, its not easy wat these two players have done so far,

The whole thing is so annoying, particularly with d media and other sports personalities constantly playing both guys against one another. It is almost like wrestling where some body must be d good and d other bad. One must be d exact opposite of d other. Just appreciate both with out constantly trying to diminish them. If you prefer one fine, but stop trying to knock either of them out of beef.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by coogar: 1:00pm On May 23, 2011
medjai:

Ronaldo scored 11 goals in the last 4 league games of the season, that was after Barca had won the league. If he had showed such good form when there was alot to play for, perhaps, Madrid would have won something more tangible than the Copa del Rey.
Messi's goals led Barca to the league title, Champions league final and Copa del Rey final. Ronaldo's ?
Moreso, Ronaldo played more league games and had more minutes than Messi in the league.

stop lying, ronaldo had already surpassed messi's goal haul in the league before the time he played one extra game than messi. ronaldo played just a game more than messi and scored 9 goals more than messi. your claim has no weight at all

Messi 31
Ronaldo 29.

so the league should stop because barcelona had won the league or what kind of nonsense are you spewing here?

Ronaldo only surpassed Messi when Messi had already won the league and had nothing to play for anymore. . . Perhaps, Ronaldo doesn't know when to score goals

of course, messi has something to play for. he had the pichichi to play for and he also had the la liga record(which ronaldo just broke) to play for.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by Texther(m): 1:21pm On May 23, 2011
CR7 is the best, take it or leave it. If Messi wanna b better, let him leave spain 4 any other place.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by snowdrops(m): 1:51pm On May 23, 2011
Texther:

CR7 is the best, take it or leave it. If Messi wanna b better, let him leave spain 4 any other place.
hahahahaha

and who is the world footballer of the year

and who is going to win it this year?

[size=15pt]ALL HAIL KING MESSI. [/size]
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by usbcable(m): 1:58pm On May 23, 2011
medjai:

Messi 31
Ronaldo 29.

open the link below and tell me where your own 10/11 penalties came from,
Just dont understand your hatred for the guy. Abi nahim talk say make messi no score again or make Josep no play am for games again?

http://www.goal.com/en/match/49216/real-madrid-vs-almeria/player-ratings

coogar:

stop lying, ronaldo had already surpassed messi's goal haul in the league before the time he played one extra game than messi. ronaldo played just a game more than messi and scored 9 goals more than messi. your claim has no weight at all

so the league should stop because barcelona had won the league or what kind of nonsense are you spewing here?

of course, messi has something to play for. he had the pichichi to play for and he also had the la liga record(which ronaldo just broke) to play for.

welcome to the realisation of his newest trait, LYING all in the name of defamation.

I really dont like saying this, but for the sake us this medjai that keeps comparing his record with that of messi, I ask:

IF MESSI HAD SCORED 9 MORE GOALS IN THE LAST THREE GAMES OF BARCELONA AND CR DIDN'T SCORE MORE THAN 3, THUS MAKING MESSI THE NEW HIGHEST GOAL SCORER. WOULD THOSE GOALS NOT COUNT AS PART OF THE RECORD MAKING GOALS EVEN THOUGH THE MATCHES WERE WORTHLESS, SINCE BARCA HAD ALREADY WON THE LEAGUE?

even @ that are his haters saying Sevilla(4 goals), Villareal (2 goals), Getafe (3 goals) worthless teams?

haba, na record the guys break with unconditional love and help from his team mates, just learn to appreciate it or bleep off.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by vaLasce(m): 2:08pm On May 23, 2011
player!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by karpenter: 2:15pm On May 23, 2011
[tr]
Messi 31
Ronaldo 29.
[/tr]

Totally in agreement.[/b]A player who may perhaps be judged the best has to accomplish when it most mattered. In no doubt, both Messi and Ronaldo drives their respective clubs. However, at the time it mattered during the CL Messi measured up to standard and single handily took his team to the finals. Ronaldo failed woefully. But instead of accepting his inferiority to Messi, he rather joined his envious coach to link the apparent failure to biased officiating. This was a clever strategy adopted by both to avoid the imminent condemnation and fury of fans and club directors who has spent a lot on the club but with just a [b]third rated Copa del Rey to show for all it.

Both players are good goal scorers, but Messi scores beautiful goals whereas Ronaldo just score goals.

Messi and Ronaldo constantly put down their individual marks on the field, but Messi entertain fans and torment the opposing fans and even would be opposing fans like ManU. Hence all the Messi hating!

Ronaldo is a player any coach, owner or fan would like to have on their team but Messi is the one they would love to have.

Ronaldo is a footballer.  Messi is a footballer's footballer and will once again win the World’s best player of the year.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by HARDDON: 2:21pm On May 23, 2011
break on thou living legend
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by usbcable(m): 2:28pm On May 23, 2011
@karpenter or cart pusher
english
no body is asking for all this analysis
last season messi scored the highest number of goals in europe but was able to win only one trophy(la liga)
no body said all the goals scored were worthless because he didn't win the treble.
sneijder won a treble without many goals,  we know the rest of the story.

now CR40/CR7 scores 40 Goals and wins the CDR and now the goasl are meaning less.

na wa for una sef simple english.

topic reads he breaks a 21 year old record in his second attempt, and you all barge in here just to discredit him and credit messi as if the record was messi's.
did the articles in any media even talk about messi.
yet you all want to kill yourself over something totally not connected with his feat.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by scantee(m): 2:36pm On May 23, 2011
Medicine after death if he likes let him score 100 goals who cares.
Messi Still rule
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by sley4life(m): 2:56pm On May 23, 2011
he is from Mars
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by Effiko(m): 2:58pm On May 23, 2011
ronaldo has cleared messi doubts in la liga dis season ,
de guy jst has haters buh unfortunately he has dem FANS more
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by HARDDON: 3:08pm On May 23, 2011
Break on da living legend
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by usbcable(m): 3:18pm On May 23, 2011
scantee:

Medicine after death if he likes let him score 100 goals who cares.
Messi Still rule

is the pichichi record about messi or about hugo and zara?
if no,(which is the answer)
then stop hating around like a widow that just lost her precious hen.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by PurestBoy(m): 3:20pm On May 23, 2011
MESSI HAS 52 GOALS, 26 ASSISTS, 4 PENALTIES
CR7 HAS 54 GOALS, 12 ASSISTS, 10 PENALTIES AND SCORED 10 GOALS AFTER COMPETITIVE SEASON.

MESSI PLAYED LESS MINUTES AND HAS MORE PASSES THAN CR7. MESSI WILL WIN THE NEXT WORLD BEST PLAYER EVEN IF BARCA LOSE THE CL FINAL AND CR7 40 GOALS WILL BE FORGOTTEN QUICKLY. HAHAHA
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by Kx: 3:23pm On May 23, 2011
PurestBoy:

MESSI WILL WIN THE NEXT WORLD BEST PLAYER EVEN IF BARCA LOSE THE CL FINAL AND CR7 40 GOALS WILL BE FORGOTTEN QUICKLY. HAHAHA[/b][/size]

Really?
Was Pichichi's 35yrs or so record 4gotten in a hurry?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by emmatok(m): 3:37pm On May 23, 2011
Maka all of una shut up.

So because CR7 abi wetin una call am score 40goal we no go hear word again.

When Messi has the highest scores last seeson noebody is making all the noise.

Over-all Messi is a better player and has scored more goals not only in the league.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by baslone: 3:42pm On May 23, 2011
Came to England, broke the records.

Left for spain, y'all know the rest!!! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Russia Vs Wales : Euro 2016 (0 - 3) On 20th June 2016 / UCL: AC Milan Vs Arsenal (4 - 0) On 15th February 2012 / Champions League Final Delayed By 15 Minutes For "Security Reasons"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.