Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,271 members, 7,839,362 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record (16223 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks 11-year-old's Wrist With Nasty Free Kick / Cristiano Ronaldo's Free-Kick Breaks Boy's Wrist In Friendly Match / La Liga - Ronaldo Breaks Opponent's Nose - Reuters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by Skii(m): 3:47pm On May 23, 2011
Put it like this:

Both of them are first class players

But do you know that 4.99 is not the same as 4.51

grin grin grin grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by snowdrops(m): 3:48pm On May 23, 2011
baslone:

Came to England, broke the records.

Left for spain, y'all know the rest!!! grin
o yes, he won an oscar for best drama queen/diver.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by AjanleKoko: 3:59pm On May 23, 2011
Congrats to CR7. Great achievement. At least he achieves something, and doesn't suffer for the sins of Madrid grin. He even protested his coach's defensive attitude, and went on to score a drumful of goals.

On a lighter note, this is why he achieved that feat. He went to plead with the god of soccer grin to allow him win something at least, after all the big money paid for him tongue

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by karpenter: 4:01pm On May 23, 2011
[tr]
last season messi scored the highest number of goals in europe but was able to win only one trophy(la liga)
[/tr]

Your argument is flawed. In the particular competition in which Messi scored the highest goals, his club won the trophy after amassing 99 points and his individual accomplishment was an add-on. You have to concur with me that the Madrid fans would cherish the coveted league trophy more than personal exploit of "highest goal scorer".  I presume that, in the absence of nothing it’s manageable. If that’s your view point, then I agree and no further comments.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by usbcable(m): 4:40pm On May 23, 2011
PurestBoy:

MESSI HAS 52 GOALS, 26 ASSISTS, 4 PENALTIES
CR7 HAS 54 GOALS, 12 ASSISTS, 10 PENALTIES AND SCORED 10 GOALS AFTER COMPETITIVE SEASON.

MESSI PLAYED LESS MINUTES AND HAS MORE PASSES THAN CR7. MESSI WILL WIN THE NEXT WORLD BEST PLAYER EVEN IF BARCA LOSE THE CL FINAL AND CR7 40 GOALS WILL BE FORGOTTEN QUICKLY. HAHAHA

seems you must have gotten your own records from NFF.

lemme help you out, go check wikipedia/google and comback to correct your cooked up imaginations.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by usbcable(m): 4:53pm On May 23, 2011
AjanleKoko:

On a lighter note, this is why he achieved that feat. He went to plead with the god of soccer grin to allow him win something at least, after all the big money paid for him tongue

bottomline he deserves credit for the achievement even if it was the love-vendor to the god of soccer that did the job on his behalf. tongue

record is record and no need pulling a man down just because you are not an admirer.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by AjanleKoko: 5:09pm On May 23, 2011
^^
I'm sure you saw my comment 'on a lighter note'. Na wa o. Por Que?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by RiffRaff: 5:37pm On May 23, 2011
Abeg, make we hear word.

Messi was so Jealous of CR9 goal Scoring Record that he couldnt even celebrate the Cup He won With The Team. read the new (link Below)

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2011/05/19/2493543/a-very-messi-problem-leos-sulking-gives-barcelona-coach-pep

as it stands messi has won La Liga, Cr9 Has Won Copa Delrey. they have both played Equal No of Games But Ronaldo is Ahead on Goal standing. Deal with That Haters.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by vislabraye(m): 8:20pm On May 23, 2011
CR has achieved a lot. Thanks to his good set pieces skills which is superb. Being very good at set pieces (free kicks and penalties ) can boost a player's figures.

All in all, I still think Ronaldo Da Lima is the best
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by sdot4(m): 9:08pm On May 23, 2011
40 GOALS beat it if u can, cr7 u too much.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by taosola(m): 11:00pm On May 23, 2011
Messi is a great footballer but the fact remains that Ronaldo is greater. Ronaldo played in England and he excelled, moved down to the La li ga and still well recognized by his performance. When Messi leaves his old friends in Barca to another team in another championship such as England, or Seria A, or even Germany, then I can equate him with Ronaldo if he performs beyond expectation. GREAT RONALDO
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by medjai(m): 11:26pm On May 23, 2011
coogar:

stop lying, ronaldo had already surpassed messi's goal haul in the league before the time he played one extra game than messi. ronaldo played just a game more than messi and scored 9 goals more than messi. your claim has no weight at all

What lie? Ronaldo played a league match more than Messi.
so the league should stop because barcelona had won the league or what kind of nonsense are you spewing here?

At that point, it was mission accomplished for Messi.
of course, messi has something to play for. he had the pichichi to play for and he also had the la liga record(which ronaldo just broke) to play for.
Ronaldo played to win the Pichichi, Messi played to win the league.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by Skii(m): 11:30pm On May 23, 2011
Barcelona are the best football squad in the world now (in the best League too)

Messi's inclusion in that team adds to their being the best

Leaving Barca for elsewhere to make a point will not do him any good

With all due respect, Man U (a club which i am a fan of and also where ronaldo made his name) as well as the EPL, come behind Barca and La Liga in rankings and in the quality of the game

The results of the past few seasons put real madrid further down the pecking order behind the others (chelsea, inter and co)
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by medjai(m): 11:44pm On May 23, 2011
usbcable:

open the link below and tell me where your own 10/11 penalties came from,
Just dont understand your hatred for the guy. Abi nahim talk say make messi no score again or make Josep no play am for games again?

http://www.goal.com/en/match/49216/real-madrid-vs-almeria/player-ratings

welcome to the realisation of his newest trait, LYING all in the name of defamation.

I really dont like saying this, but for the sake us this medjai that keeps comparing his record with that of messi, I ask:

IF MESSI HAD SCORED 9 MORE GOALS IN THE LAST THREE GAMES OF BARCELONA AND CR DIDN'T SCORE MORE THAN 3, THUS MAKING MESSI THE NEW HIGHEST GOAL SCORER. WOULD THOSE GOALS NOT COUNT AS PART OF THE RECORD MAKING GOALS EVEN THOUGH THE MATCHES WERE WORTHLESS, SINCE BARCA HAD ALREADY WON THE LEAGUE?

even @ that are his haters saying Sevilla(4 goals), Villareal (2 goals), Getafe (3 goals) worthless teams?

haba, na record the guys break with unconditional love and help from his team mates, just learn to appreciate it or bleep off.
@ statement in caps: That would have been the icing on the cake grin Messi won the league and is in the CL final, scored some spectacular goals and overall, was a better all round performer. He was the best player in Europe and by some pretty long distance too. He owned Ronaldo in pretty much all of the el-classicos this season.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by Effiko(m): 2:39am On May 24, 2011
Goals are only important if they win you games,” he told the Mirror.

“If I don’t score and Barcelona win the Champions League it’s unimportant whether I find the net or not.

“My interest is in the collective success of the team, not individual glory. I’ve not given any great deal of thought about not scoring in England.

“And I’m not driven by the desire to score more goals in a Champions League campaign than any other player.

“If it’s meant to happen, it will happen.

if all dese stories lyk dis 1 above are anyting 2 cum by , why would MESSI b angry nd refuse 2 celebrate 4 d league de won 2geda , its simple d guy wanted 2 score more goals buh because d coach didnt play him in a match dat wasnt important he was angry nd wanted 2 cry
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by henchmark: 3:12am On May 24, 2011
you guys are freaking funny, whether its 40 penalties, or 40 handball, its a goal, am no CR fan but he simply did what hundreds of players havent done in ages and he deserves the kudos.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by switch47(m): 6:54am On May 24, 2011
40 goals!! C Ronaldo is just too great.!!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by ddippset(m): 7:45am On May 24, 2011
let me predict; messi wins the champions league, messi wins the copa america, messi ends up with >53 goals, > 25 assists. someone tell me what would happen at the ballon dro awards.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by ddippset(m): 8:01am On May 24, 2011
how could someone say messi cannot perform in the epl. a league that has fabregas, nasri, van persi, david siva, chicharito, anelka, rooney all performing. a league that has berbatov as top scorer. plus, the common denominator to all leagues is the champions league where all players are measured and u hav a certain messi top scorer 3 times in a row? very dumb dumb arguement!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by ddippset(m): 8:16am On May 24, 2011
10 REASONS WHY MESSI BEATS ronaldo ANYTIME ANYDAY!
1.MESSI IS 2 YEARS YOUNGER.
2.MESSI IS TWICE WORLD PLAYER OF THE YEAR.
3.ONLY MESSI HAS BEEN COMPARED TO PELE AND MARADONA.
4.ONLY MESSI HAS BEEN CALLEED THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME(even if it mite not be true)
5.ONLY MESSI HAS MEDALS FOR HIS HOME COUNTRY IN INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL.
6.MESSI HAS WON MORE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE TROPHYS(since that is the only common denominator to all leagues) IN CLUB FOOTBALL.
7.MESSI HAS BEEN AHEAD IN CASTRO RANKINGS FOR OVER 2 YEARS AND RECORDED THE WIDEST MARGIN IN HISTORY OVER RONALDO IN FIFA AWARD IN 2009.
8.MESSI HAS BEEN VICTORIOUS IN 95% OF HEAD TO HEAD MEETINGS.
9.MESSI HAS THE DISADVANTAGE IN SIZE AND STRENGTH BUT STILL COMPETES.
10.ONLY MESSI EXCELLED IN YOUTH FOOTBALL AND THAT MEANS RAW AND NATURAL TALENT( no one knew ronaldo until he was an old man)
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by montelik(m): 8:32am On May 24, 2011
^^^ Why didn't you post that in d Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better thread. In case you missed it, this thread is about a guy breaking a long standing pichichi record. Your arguments are better suited for there.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by ddippset(m): 8:43am On May 24, 2011
montelik:

^^^ Why didn't you post that in d Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better thread. In case you missed it, this thread is about a guy breaking a long standing pichichi record. Your arguments are better suited for there.
thank you. correction well noted. but iam only reacting to so many comments ive read here from pple who posted b4 me.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by usbcable(m): 9:40am On May 24, 2011
medjai:

@ statement in caps: That would have been the icing on the cake grin Messi won the league and is in the CL final, scored some spectacular goals and overall, was a better all round performer. He was the best player in Europe and by some pretty long distance too. He owned Ronaldo in pretty much all of the el-classicos this season.

one big problem you have which is quite incureable is your disdain for Ronaldo.

he made a history, and the point you and firedrops refuse to see is that the pichichi is not messi's property nor was the record previously owned by him.

Ronaldo's feat was to beat telmo zara's and hugo snachez's 38 goal record which he achieved.

what is your problem with that. the record is not about winning the la liga nor about any other present player in any way. cant you read the heading of the topic. its not about comparing CR7 vs messi, its about history in the making.

na wa o.

the guy no kuku steal your GF to make you hate am this much.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by baslone: 9:59am On May 24, 2011
Skii:

Barcelona are the best football squad in the world now (in the best League too)

Messi's inclusion in that team adds to their being the best

Leaving Barca for elsewhere to make a point will not do him any good

With all due respect, Man U (a club which i am a fan of and also where ronaldo made his name) as well as the EPL, come behind Barca and La Liga in rankings and in the quality of the game

The results of the past few seasons put real madrid further down the pecking order behind the others (chelsea, inter and co)

. . . . and what has all these rantings have to do with the Pichichi??

You are completely off point!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by usbcable(m): 10:09am On May 24, 2011
^^^
thank you as if they all are blinded by their jealousy for another man's success in something.

mention mourinho's success and achievments as a coach they start talking about guardiola being the true ''special one''
mention real madrid success as a club they will shout its still way behind barsa style of play
mention ronaldo's success as a footballer they cease to have rest again and start telling you of messi's acomplishments.

they always tend to think everything and anything has a reference to them.
angry angry angry angry
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by Skii(m): 10:25am On May 24, 2011
@baslone

of which your name wants to make you sound like a barca fan- "basi-l-ona" lol

i was only responding to the emerging trend (derailment from the topic) of the thread about messi's capability in playing elsewhere

as regards ronaldo scoring 40 plus goal, congrats to him
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by baslone: 10:31am On May 24, 2011
Now you are talking!!! grin wink
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by usbcable(m): 10:59am On May 24, 2011
Skii:

@baslone

of which your name wants to make you sound like a barca fan- "basi-l-ona" lol

i was only responding to the emerging trend (derailment from the topic) of the thread about messi's capability in playing elsewhere

as regards ronaldo scoring 40 plus goal, congrats to him
wink wink wink
finally someone got the point,
hopefully others will follow suit
medjai/snowdrops read and learn grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by duchessemi(f): 1:05pm On May 24, 2011
@EMMATOK

How daft can u be??
ok let me go on pidgin english
Olori ronaldo don score GOALS wey nobody don score 4 spain!, Wey messi neva eva dream say him go score, ASAP tongue tongue
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by mamagee3(f): 8:34pm On May 24, 2011
usbcable:

^^^
thank you as if they all are blinded by their jealousy for another man's success in something.

mention mourinho's success and achievments as a coach they start talking about guardiola being the true ''special one''
mention real madrid success as a club they will shout its still way behind barsa style of play
mention ronaldo's success as a footballer they cease to have rest again and start telling you of messi's acomplishments.

they always tend to think everything and anything has a reference to them.
angry angry angry angry
Those are the people you call "Confused football-watchers"

They are simply not confident on the players they claim they are a fan of. grin grin

That's why if an opposing player gets the spotlight, they shiver and start singing their favourite footballer's past achievements like a national anthem.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by yesboss20(m): 5:52pm On May 26, 2011
Enough with all da 'who is better' talk! CR7 has broken another record. It's that simple.
Messi has an equally impressive goal tally. Good for him. I wonder y Nigerians hv to take these issues so personally like not doin so is a sin!
Both players r enjoyin their lives and makin truckloads of money!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Pichichi Record by ceah(m): 7:40pm On May 26, 2011
Are you guys from Uzbekistan ? shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Russia Vs Wales : Euro 2016 (0 - 3) On 20th June 2016 / UCL: AC Milan Vs Arsenal (4 - 0) On 15th February 2012 / Champions League Final Delayed By 15 Minutes For "Security Reasons"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.