Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,074 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Court Sentences Man To 6 Months Imprisonment For Stealing Tubers Of Yam In Kwara - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Sentences Man To 6 Months Imprisonment For Stealing Tubers Of Yam In Kwara (13320 Views)

SIP Contract Fraud: Court Sentences Man To 125 Years In Prison / Port Harcourt Yahoo Boy Sentenced To 6 Months Imprisonment (Photo) / Man Discovers Drugs Inside Tubers Of Yam Set To Be Delivered Abroad.Photos/Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Sentences Man To 6 Months Imprisonment For Stealing Tubers Of Yam In Kwara by Drizzy5001(m): 11:39pm On Aug 30, 2021
Since he is a Fulani boy, pls do with him whatever you wish, I don't care
Re: Court Sentences Man To 6 Months Imprisonment For Stealing Tubers Of Yam In Kwara by Natebobo2010: 11:39pm On Aug 30, 2021
The man was sentenced because no bribe is in Tubers of yam.
If it's Millions or Billions the man steal wouldn't have go to jail would.
Re: Court Sentences Man To 6 Months Imprisonment For Stealing Tubers Of Yam In Kwara by kalu61(m): 11:39pm On Aug 30, 2021
Nukilia:
The guy should enter into a plea bargain just like our politicians do grin grin grin

#YamEaters
The law is for the poor bro

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Man To 6 Months Imprisonment For Stealing Tubers Of Yam In Kwara by Habib101: 11:40pm On Aug 30, 2021
HoluGraze:
If he should have farm this yam it won't take 6 months before harvesting.

The time, energy and resources he does not want to waste while waiting for the planted yam are what he will be wasting in prison.

There is no short cut to life
Agreed, but compare it to the bigger thieves I will say, COUNTRY NO BALANCE.
Re: Court Sentences Man To 6 Months Imprisonment For Stealing Tubers Of Yam In Kwara by Habib101: 11:41pm On Aug 30, 2021
Natebobo2010:
The man was sentenced because no bribe is in Tubers of yam.
If it's Millions or Billions the man steal wouldn't have go to jail would.
COUNTRY NO BALANCE
Re: Court Sentences Man To 6 Months Imprisonment For Stealing Tubers Of Yam In Kwara by Habib101: 11:41pm On Aug 30, 2021
kalu61:
COUNTRY NO BALANCE
Re: Court Sentences Man To 6 Months Imprisonment For Stealing Tubers Of Yam In Kwara by Natebobo2010: 11:43pm On Aug 30, 2021
The man was sentenced because no bribe in Tubers of yam.
If it's Millions or Billions the man steal wouldn't have been sentenced.
Re: Court Sentences Man To 6 Months Imprisonment For Stealing Tubers Of Yam In Kwara by Nobody: 11:46pm On Aug 30, 2021
How much is the Yam sef?

I wish I could bail the man, the punishment is not worth it.
Re: Court Sentences Man To 6 Months Imprisonment For Stealing Tubers Of Yam In Kwara by Promiseibritam: 11:55pm On Aug 30, 2021
Instead of providing food 4 the man and u r throwing him into prison Y?
Na hungry dy catch ham na
Re: Court Sentences Man To 6 Months Imprisonment For Stealing Tubers Of Yam In Kwara by EBEk101(m): 11:56pm On Aug 30, 2021
Or11:
Regardless of what was stolen, a crime is a crime.

Crimes like this you don’t send them to prison because hunger made him do it
Just give him hard community service to do
With people knowing him as a thief I’m sure he wouldn’t do it again a free all everybody Dey feel d heat of diz jihadist government
Re: Court Sentences Man To 6 Months Imprisonment For Stealing Tubers Of Yam In Kwara by OLULAW: 12:12am On Aug 31, 2021
The hands of the judge/magistrate isn’t, in all probability, clean. Do they have conscience? If I were the judge, I would volunteer to sponsor the education and training of this child and reform him so he becomes a better person and makes positive contributions to the wider society. Now in prison, he would meet hardened criminals who will teach him the craft of criminality. Who knows, his path might still cross that of the judge at gun point. Then this judge would receive his own judgement - untimely death. Do Nigerian courts consider reasons for crimes (poverty in this case) and aims of punishment (ideally restorative justice and reformation, in this instance)?

Nigerian judges of this ilk are shameless bunch of idiots shamelessly wearing tattered and ragged, oversized relics of colonialism. How does this compare, in the same Kwara state with the roles of Bukola Saraki and his father in the demise of Intercontinental Bank?

I hope this moronic magistrate and his colleagues can learn from this cop's magnanimity, and start thinking of how to bring Saraki to justice and ensure justice is fully and deliciously served.

Re: Court Sentences Man To 6 Months Imprisonment For Stealing Tubers Of Yam In Kwara by mechanics(m): 12:29am On Aug 31, 2021
This is unfair.
Re: Court Sentences Man To 6 Months Imprisonment For Stealing Tubers Of Yam In Kwara by Federalofficia(m): 12:51am On Aug 31, 2021
grin na wa oooo if na so politicians and other Elites matter they quick reach court and court make judgement straight without adjourning from today to 2029 this country for don better ooo haha so fast
NaijaCoverBlog:
Update From . COM

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2021/8/court-sentences-man-to-6-months-imprisonment-for-stealing-tubers-of-yam-in-kwara.html
Re: Court Sentences Man To 6 Months Imprisonment For Stealing Tubers Of Yam In Kwara by Dunamai86(m): 2:10am On Aug 31, 2021
In Nigeria the severity of punishment for crime is inversely proportional to your Social-Economic status provided our legal system is kept constant. Shameful
Re: Court Sentences Man To 6 Months Imprisonment For Stealing Tubers Of Yam In Kwara by grandstar(m): 2:29am On Aug 31, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
grin grin

The thief is Fulani.

Go school, they no gree.

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Man To 6 Months Imprisonment For Stealing Tubers Of Yam In Kwara by gulfer: 3:10am On Aug 31, 2021
Too stiff a penalty, he should've been given a fine in the amount of the yam and also community service making ridges and clearing weeds in the farm he stole from.... angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Man To 6 Months Imprisonment For Stealing Tubers Of Yam In Kwara by Nukilia: 3:11am On Aug 31, 2021
kalu61:

You can say that again ...
Re: Court Sentences Man To 6 Months Imprisonment For Stealing Tubers Of Yam In Kwara by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:48am On Aug 31, 2021
A good percentage of court officials, judges and Lawyers in this country will enter hell fire
Re: Court Sentences Man To 6 Months Imprisonment For Stealing Tubers Of Yam In Kwara by Trustedpronet: 6:48am On Aug 31, 2021
While dem dey forgive their bokoharam for north.
Re: Court Sentences Man To 6 Months Imprisonment For Stealing Tubers Of Yam In Kwara by Saintfrancis82(m): 7:04am On Aug 31, 2021
This is the only way Nigerian court has power to judge small thieves, if na big thieves politicians they will not have power to judge them, this country has finished
Re: Court Sentences Man To 6 Months Imprisonment For Stealing Tubers Of Yam In Kwara by dalass(f): 8:34am On Aug 31, 2021
Omicron007:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

From pre-historic times, Law and Religion are for the poor and wretched in the society.
Politicians have looted billions of dollars from our national treasury, how many of them have been arrested or have served time?

I am not trying to justify the Afonja in question here, but these polithiefcans deserve jail time like big time.

Kudos to , the official Bad News Carrier of the year.
Kudos to that lifeless vegetable and the 36 governors for making life miserable for Nigerians.
Kudos to the gullible Nigerians who voted these ilks into power.
Kudos to the Nigerians who participated actively in different degrees of electoral malpractice ranging from snatching of ballot boxes to multiple thumbprinting and stuffing of boxes. You did these for a fee less than 15 US Dollars. It's not easy to put your lives on the line.

Finally, kudos to all the Zombies and BMC crew who passionately do their masters bidding. Greetings to the head, BMC Nairaland ably led by the Vulture Griller. More wall geckos, lizard, frogs, roaches and cats for you to keep grilling.

If you took time to read the story, you would have seen that it was a 28 year old serial Fulani thief who has been stealing over and over agàin that did it
Re: Court Sentences Man To 6 Months Imprisonment For Stealing Tubers Of Yam In Kwara by dalass(f): 8:36am On Aug 31, 2021
grandstar:

The thief is Fulani.

Go school, they no gree.

I tire oh undecided

They don't read at all
Re: Court Sentences Man To 6 Months Imprisonment For Stealing Tubers Of Yam In Kwara by poiZon: 8:42am On Aug 31, 2021
Don't know when our judicial system will upgrade...
In US there is community service for people who commits lesser crimes. For God sake this is lesser crimes that should be given light sentence like 1month community service. Must they put every criminal in prison just to further congest it and make those incharge keep growing their account?
Nigeria is filthy, these are guys that r supposed to be sent to clean up some places as their punishment.
I tire for this country o...
Re: Court Sentences Man To 6 Months Imprisonment For Stealing Tubers Of Yam In Kwara by HoluGraze: 10:18am On Aug 31, 2021
Habib101:

Agreed, but compare it to the bigger thieves I will say, COUNTRY NO BALANCE.

Ogah thief na thief, sin na sin
What is not good is not good.
It's always in the blood either good or bad
Re: Court Sentences Man To 6 Months Imprisonment For Stealing Tubers Of Yam In Kwara by Babalola0920: 1:16pm On Aug 31, 2021
Or11:
Regardless of what was stolen, a crime is a crime.
Because you have something to eat that's why, poverty will make you become internet influencer if you get money who u dey influence
Re: Court Sentences Man To 6 Months Imprisonment For Stealing Tubers Of Yam In Kwara by Babalola0920: 1:16pm On Aug 31, 2021
NIGERIA LAWYER AND IT'S SYSTEMS ARE ONE OF THE MAJOR SETBACK OF THE COUNTRY
Re: Court Sentences Man To 6 Months Imprisonment For Stealing Tubers Of Yam In Kwara by Tundex911: 1:38pm On Aug 31, 2021
Where's Magu

Awon weyrey gbogbo

Smh
Re: Court Sentences Man To 6 Months Imprisonment For Stealing Tubers Of Yam In Kwara by Habib101: 5:58pm On Aug 31, 2021
HoluGraze:

Ogah thief na thief, sin na sin
What is not good is not good.
It's always in the blood either good or bad
Am not against you comment, I don't encourages stealing at all, infact I support people that are try to make lunch money in the possitive way, and he should bear the consequences for that,am just saying what happened to those that steal billions in this country both past and present, the same judgement that was made to the yam stealer is not applying to the big rat in the gov. SO I SAY COUNTRY NO BALANCE. NOT EVEN OUNCE angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dariye Dafwan: How IRT Operatives Arrested His Suspected Kidnappers / Herbalist & Muslim Cleric Caught With Fresh Human Hearts & Live Tortoise (PICS) / Thai Authorities Arrest 261 Transnational Drug Suspects Mostly From Nigeria(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.