Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,430 members, 7,846,787 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Poverty Is A Bastard - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Poverty Is A Bastard (804 Views)

My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) / How Guys Use Marriage To Plunge Themselves Into Perpetual Poverty. / I Got Pregnant 9 Years Ago, We Have 3 Three Kids:the Law Of Karma Is A Bastard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poverty Is A Bastard by oshorstan(f): 6:51am On Aug 31, 2021
Hmmmm Life! This picture struck a cord in my heart. It sent waves of reminiscing down my memory lane. Only my Siblings understand that Picture. Stephen Omigie & myself , together with our BELOVED PARENTS , Use to experience this ugly feeling.

Our Skin became used to the unfriendly & fiendish nature of the scorching Powerline road Sun shining at our Farm road at Okhokhugbo environs. Gosh , we done suffer oh!

My BELOVED MOTHER will carry the biggest Cassava bag, while Steve & myself will carry the lesser one. My BELOVED FATHER will remain in the Bush , clearing and "Brushing" for the next cassava stick planting.

My BELOVED MOTHER would follow us to Ogida motor park, put us in a bus, describe our exit point (Osarentin street Junction, Along Textile mill road, Benin city) to the driver , while she treks back into the deep of Okhokhugbo forest in serious tears.

Now to the picture; There were often times when the "Ukoki" will bend from our neck. We will have to endure the pain, because if the bag of cassava falls, who go help you carry am? We were just two young boys between 10 and 11 years of age, meandering inside the forest laden with Wild animals. When the neck almost break, we go just throw way the bag of cassava, and relax our neck on it. Indeed Suffer head nor be our portion in Jesus name. After like 30 minutes, Steve will help me carry mine, while I will use one hand to assist him to carry his. Before u know, see our two for ground. Nobody to help , naso we go use tree method take run am. Put am top tree branch and carry an for head. Thats how we go use like 3 hours take trek to Ogida park.

Those years are gone , and it is still fresh in my head. I cannot forget those ugly moments when we have to stay hungry even on Christmas day. No new clothes, nothing. My BELOVED MOTHER will have to go out, cry to family friends who will support us with 6 cups of rice. The moment we see Rice, you need to see the joy emanating from our hungry faces.We go day happy

Omijie Oshor

3 Likes

Re: Poverty Is A Bastard by donbachi(m): 6:54am On Aug 31, 2021
Future billionaire...he must end well.

1 Like

Re: Poverty Is A Bastard by EndNigeriaNoow: 7:59am On Aug 31, 2021
the worst and most regrettable fact in all these ur suffering is that, after painfully harvesting from the farm and using all your strength to take it home, at night Fulani terrorist and boko haram would come, kill their parents including the children who took the produce. Meaning the dreams of their parents and future of their children has been cut shut.

No governor in Nigeria must give lands to Fulani terrorist. Yesterday I read where it was stated the Tulane ruga leader was killed in Kwara by his fellow Fulani terrorist but wait first, who even gave the Fulani a ruga settlement in kwara, this is terrible.

OP I understand you very well, that is why we are fighting all day to put an end to the existence of Nigeria because even after this kids eventually succeeds and graduate after all the suffering, no job for them as a graduate and they will experience even more suffering because of the bad corrupt leaders.

Referendum is the solution, independence from neocolonialism, is the solution.

ReferendumNow

3 Likes

Re: Poverty Is A Bastard by wunmi590(m): 4:16pm On Aug 31, 2021
Re: Poverty Is A Bastard by socialmediaman: 10:09pm On Aug 31, 2021
Wow! Life happened to us in different ways. Some of us worked hard and broke the jinx while some others are still caught up in the destitution of the previous generation

2 Likes

Re: Poverty Is A Bastard by silibaba: 7:50am On Sep 01, 2021
oshorstan:
Hmmmm Life! This picture struck a cord in my heart. It sent waves of reminiscing down my memory lane. Only my Siblings understand that Picture. Stephen Omigie & myself , together with our BELOVED PARENTS , Use to experience this ugly feeling.

Our Skin became used to the unfriendly & fiendish nature of the scorching Powerline road Sun shining at our Farm road at Okhokhugbo environs. Gosh , we done suffer oh!

My BELOVED MOTHER will carry the biggest Cassava bag, while Steve & myself will carry the lesser one. My BELOVED FATHER will remain in the Bush , clearing and "Brushing" for the next cassava stick planting.

My BELOVED MOTHER would follow us to Ogida motor park, put us in a bus, describe our exit point (Osarentin street Junction, Along Textile mill road, Benin city) to the driver , while she treks back into the deep of Okhokhugbo forest in serious tears.

Now to the picture; There were often times when the "Ukoki" will bend from our neck. We will have to endure the pain, because if the bag of cassava falls, who go help you carry am? We were just two young boys between 10 and 11 years of age, meandering inside the forest laden with Wild animals. When the neck almost break, we go just throw way the bag of cassava, and relax our neck on it. Indeed Suffer head nor be our portion in Jesus name. After like 30 minutes, Steve will help me carry mine, while I will use one hand to assist him to carry his. Before u know, see our two for ground. Nobody to help , naso we go use tree method take run am. Put am top tree branch and carry an for head. Thats how we go use like 3 hours take trek to Ogida park.

Those years are gone , and it is still fresh in my head. I cannot forget those ugly moments when we have to stay hungry even on Christmas day. No new clothes, nothing. My BELOVED MOTHER will have to go out, cry to family friends who will support us with 6 cups of rice. The moment we see Rice, you need to see the joy emanating from our hungry faces.We go day happy

Omijie Oshor

Only your mother be BELOVED abi?

Your father that will stay behind to prepare the cassava stem for next planting is not your BE LOVED.

the way we over-hype our mothers against our fathers in this part of the world is something we need to look into.
Re: Poverty Is A Bastard by Nonexisting1: 8:01am On Sep 01, 2021
A good percentage of great men in this our generation passed through this stage or a similar one. In this life I've learnt some things. Go school when your mates dey go school, hustle when your mates dey hustle, suffer and enjoy when your mates dey do am. Once that time passes, chances of succeeding in this life again are very thin. Forget our weyrey parents oo, nothing like uwa mgbede ka mma. That phrase is for the lazy and people with entitlement mentality.

1 Like

Re: Poverty Is A Bastard by oshorstan(f): 2:04pm On Sep 01, 2021
silibaba:

Only your mother be BELOVED abi?

Your father that will stay behind to prepare the cassava stem for next planting is not your BE LOVED.

the way we over-hype our mothers against our fathers in this part of the world is something we need to look into.

Funny thing is that my Father is my Hero.
We speak almost daily , his pix is my dP on social media. You think I hate him, sorry I don't. Someone insulted him in the pitch in July, I stopped playing, went to him and gave him a punch and got sent off. I don't mess with my parents bro
Re: Poverty Is A Bastard by oshorstan(f): 2:05pm On Sep 01, 2021
donbachi:
Future billionaire...he must end well.

AMEN. ALL OF US GO TESTIFY
Re: Poverty Is A Bastard by oshorstan(f): 2:06pm On Sep 01, 2021
Nonexisting1:
A good percentage of great men in this our generation passed through this stage or a similar one. In this life I've learnt some things. Go school when your mates dey go school, hustle when your mates dey hustle, suffer and enjoy when your mates dey do am. Once that time passes, chances of succeeding in this life again are very thin. Forget our weyrey parents oo, nothing like uwa mgbede ka mma. That phrase is for the lazy and people with entitlement
mentality.

God go see us through
Re: Poverty Is A Bastard by oshorstan(f): 2:07pm On Sep 01, 2021
socialmediaman:
Wow! Life happened to us in different ways. Some of us worked hard and broke the jinx while some others are still caught up in the destitution of the previous generation

God go bless us ooooooo
Re: Poverty Is A Bastard by oshorstan(f): 2:09pm On Sep 01, 2021
EndNigeriaNoow:
the worst and most regrettable fact in all these ur suffering is that, after painfully harvesting from the farm and using all your strength to take it home, at night Fulani terrorist and boko haram would come, kill their parents including the children who took the produce. Meaning the dreams of their parents and future of their children has been cut shut.

No governor in Nigeria must give lands to Fulani terrorist. Yesterday I read where it was stated the Tulane ruga leader was killed in Kwara by his fellow Fulani terrorist but wait first, who even gave the Fulani a ruga settlement in kwara, this is terrible.

OP I understand you very well, that is why we are fighting all day to put an end to the existence of Nigeria because even after this kids eventually succeeds and graduate after all the suffering, no job for them as a graduate and they will experience even more suffering because of the bad corrupt leaders.

Referendum is the solution, independence from neocolonialism, is the solution.

ReferendumNow

Only God knows the next direction of Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ladies You Are Pregnant And Not Sick / I'm Really Running Out Of Ideas! / A Prostitute With Only 1 Customer : Tribute To Aisha Yesufu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.