Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,229 members, 7,849,827 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:19 AM

I'm Really Running Out Of Ideas! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Really Running Out Of Ideas! (804 Views)

Wife Captured On Camera Running Out Of Home As She Refuses "To Do" More (video) / I'm Really Frustrated At This Point / I Hate Your Kids And I'm Really Not Sorry. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Really Running Out Of Ideas! by Kreddy: 10:52am On Oct 02, 2022
Good morning elders and happy Sunday

I'm in my penultimate year at a university in the north. It took me many years before I secured admission. Initially I was an apprentice in a hospital but only spent few months because I was given the course that's quite dissimilar to what I was learning so I quited the apprenticeship.
I've been at home few months ago due to ASUU strike, and I do teach in a private school earning 10k.
Recently I was introduced to telegram and duscord where I was fortune enough to raised 300k but with the look of thing,the stuff don cast, the platform is now overcrowded. As at this moment,I still have 400$ in my wallet and 50k in my Bank account.
This is the first time in my life that I have had such a large sum of money. This, I believe, is a divine opportunity from God. Before I was introduced to the platform, I was romancing in debt,I don't want to plunge myself into such again and I don't want to lose the money, I'm running out of ideas for how to invest it.

Initially, I intended to purchase a laptop with the intention of learning online skills (content writing/copywriting, video editing, or graphic design) in order to earn more money. I was told a laptop was required, which means I'd have to buy one (#260k+), so I'm really worried about how to multiply the treasure (money).
Sirs Your suggestions, would be greatly appreciated.

RoyalRoy please can this post get a spot on the frontpage?
Re: I'm Really Running Out Of Ideas! by nigeriancritic1(m): 10:54am On Oct 02, 2022
The future of work is in gig economy. Whichever ways you can earn legitimately over the cyberspace is the best.
Re: I'm Really Running Out Of Ideas! by greenermodels: 11:04am On Oct 02, 2022
Kreddy:

I'm in my penultimate year at a university in the north. It took me many years before I secured admission. Initially I was an apprentice in a hospital but only spent few months because I was given the course that's quite dissimilar to what I was learning so I quited the apprenticeship.
I've been at home few months ago due to ASUU strike, and I do teach in a private school earning 10k.
Recently I was introduced to telegram and duscord where I was fortune enough to raised 300k but with the look of thing,the stuff don cast, the platform is now overcrowded. As at this moment,I still have 400$ in my wallet and 50k in my Bank account.
This is the first time in my life that I have had such a large sum of money. This, I believe, is a divine opportunity from God. Before I was introduced to the platform, I was romancing in debt,I don't want to plunge myself into such again and I don't want to lose the money, I'm running out of ideas for how to invest it.

Initially, I intended to purchase a laptop with the intention of learning online skills (content writing/copywriting, video editing, or graphic design) in order to earn more money. I was told a laptop was required, which means I'd have to buy one (#260k+), so I'm really worried about how to multiply the treasure (money).

I doubt that you need a laptop of 260k+ to learn those things, a laptop of half that amount or less would serve just fine.

1 Like

Re: I'm Really Running Out Of Ideas! by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 02, 2022
Laptop of 260k?

Laptops of lesser wouldn't do?

2 Likes

Re: I'm Really Running Out Of Ideas! by DanieleLorenzo: 8:28pm On Oct 02, 2022
I don't think you need laptop of 250k+ to learn what you listed above?
Well, what do I know?
Waiting for the OGs.

1 Like

Re: I'm Really Running Out Of Ideas! by CyberHustle: 8:37pm On Oct 02, 2022
260k too much for lappy as posted already.

100k-125k.
Re: I'm Really Running Out Of Ideas! by frozen70(f): 3:51am On Oct 03, 2022
Kreddy:

Before that money will disappear, get a good Laptop with it that will be used for subsequent jobs you need to do

At least you will know that you got a Laptop from the proceed
Re: I'm Really Running Out Of Ideas! by Kobojunkie: 4:52am On Oct 03, 2022
Kreddy:

Consider going into farming... undecided

https://www.nairaland.com/7345038/commercial-yam-farming-sacks-growing#116881479
Re: I'm Really Running Out Of Ideas! by Stargurl20(f): 6:46am On Oct 03, 2022
You can get a good UK used laptop. I got mine 49k
Re: I'm Really Running Out Of Ideas! by Nwaotu10(m): 9:21am On Oct 03, 2022
If you're going for Video editing, your budget for a laptop should be 250k and above. I don't know for others.
Re: I'm Really Running Out Of Ideas! by Nwaotu10(m): 9:24am On Oct 03, 2022
Stargurl20:
You can get a good UK used laptop. I got mine 49k
He can't use a laptop of 49k for video editing.
It will take him 4 or 5 days to render an hour video if the laptop doesn't crash during the process grin grin
Re: I'm Really Running Out Of Ideas! by Stargurl20(f): 10:34am On Oct 03, 2022
Nwaotu10:

He can't use a laptop of 49k for video editing.
It will take him 4 or 5 days to render an hour video if the laptop didn't crash during the process grin grin
Well, I got one with good spec.
Core i3, 4gb ram, 300+ storage capacity etc... If that's enough for video editing, I wonder what is.
My point is, he needs to go for lower prices with manageable specs to save money
Re: I'm Really Running Out Of Ideas! by Nwaotu10(m): 11:03am On Oct 03, 2022
Stargurl20:

Well, I got one with good spec.
Core i3, 4gb ram, 300+ storage capacity etc... If that's enough for video editing, I wonder what is.
My point is, he needs to go for lower prices with manageable specs to save money
The lapee specs you highlighted can't run video editing proficiently.
Video editing needs a high-configuration laptop.
These are the basic specs of lapee for editing
corei5
256 SSD storage capacity
2g NVIDIA or Amd graphics
8gb ram card
2.50 GHz speed
6th gen.

Laptop with these above spec is 200k + grin
Re: I'm Really Running Out Of Ideas! by Orire01(m): 11:09am On Oct 03, 2022
Kreddy:
I intended to purchase a laptop with the intention of learning online skills (content writing/copywriting, video editing, or graphic design) in order to earn more money. I was told a laptop was required

I have what you need here for a cheaper price. or you can whatsapp me, number on signature.

https://www.nairaland.com/5613294/cheap-grade1-usa-used-dedicated/12
Re: I'm Really Running Out Of Ideas! by mespusinglez(m): 11:34am On Oct 03, 2022
Nwaotu10:

corei5
256 SSD storage capacity
8gb ram card
2.50 GHz speed
6th gen.

HOW ABOUT 10TH GENERATION CORE13 4GB RAM 1TB SPACE.... WILL IT BE GOOD FOR VIDEO EDITING?
Re: I'm Really Running Out Of Ideas! by Nwaotu10(m): 11:44am On Oct 03, 2022
mespusinglez:
HOW ABOUT 10TH GENERATION CORE13 4GB RAM 1TB SPACE.... WILL IT BE GOOD FOR VIDEO EDITING?
4g ram is a NO NO for editing bro.
Premiere pro Minimum recommended ram is 8gb
Re: I'm Really Running Out Of Ideas! by Nwaotu10(m): 11:49am On Oct 03, 2022
mespusinglez:
These are the three major things to consider before purchasing video editing laptop.
RAM..... should be 8gb +
STORAGE CAPACITY..... should be at least 256 SSD +( N:B...... Don't go for lapee with Hdd storage, it's not ideal for editing. SSD is reliable)
GRAPHICS CARD....... should be at least 2gb.. ( I prefer Nvidia graphics card to AMD)

Other specs are just added advantage
Re: I'm Really Running Out Of Ideas! by mespusinglez(m): 11:49am On Oct 03, 2022
Nwaotu10:

4g ram is a NO NO for editing bro.
Premiere pro Minimum recommended ram is 8gb
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST TO UPGRADE TO THE 8GB
Re: I'm Really Running Out Of Ideas! by mespusinglez(m): 11:51am On Oct 03, 2022
Nwaotu10:

These are the three major things to consider before purchasing video editing laptop.
RAM..... should be 8gb +
STORAGE CAPACITY..... should be at least 256 SSD +( N:B...... Don't go for lapee with Hdd storage, it's not ideal for editing. SSD is reliable)
GRAPHICS CARD....... should be at least 2gb.. ( I prefer Nvidia graphics card to AMD)

Other specs are just added advantage

HMM
Re: I'm Really Running Out Of Ideas! by Nwaotu10(m): 11:51am On Oct 03, 2022
mespusinglez:
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST TO UPGRADE TO THE 8GB
.. No idea bro.

1 Like

Re: I'm Really Running Out Of Ideas! by Stargurl20(f): 11:56am On Oct 03, 2022
Nwaotu10:

corei5
256 SSD storage capacity
8gb ram card
2.50 GHz speed
6th gen.
Ok. Mine is for my project. I no dey do pass my sef smiley

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Find This Particular Thing In Nigeria? (photo) / I Want To Bring Food Stuff From Kano To Lagos , What’s Your Thought ?? / Nigerians And Manners:too Bad.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.