Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Uk Visa Extension: Urgent! Need Help! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa Extension: Urgent! Need Help! (2013 Views)

Should Nigerians Pay £3000 For UK Visa Bond?? / E-passport Renewal/extension / Requirements To Renew Uk Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uk Visa Extension: Urgent! Need Help! by megeness: 6:12am On May 22, 2011
Hey Guys, I am currently doing my post graduate in business administration and I intend to continue with my masters of business administration in the same university. My issues are as follows:

1. I put the required 1200 pounds for my maintenance in my bank account and the 28th day will be on the 29th of June 2011.

2. My current visa will expire on the 20th of July, 2011.

3. the balance of my school fees is 1250 pounds which i will pay before i apply for an extension.

I need to know if the time gap between when i apply and when my visa expires is appropriate, that is, i wont get penalized for applying too late and also, if i am legal 2 remain in the UK while my application is being processed, I really need ur help guys, cheers
Re: Uk Visa Extension: Urgent! Need Help! by Nobody: 9:19am On May 22, 2011
Most visa extensions require the applicant to leave the UK, and re-apply from their home country. I'm not 100% sure if this will apply in your own case though, you haven't violated the terms of your visa.

No doubt those with more knowledge on visa issues will chime in with their advice.
Re: Uk Visa Extension: Urgent! Need Help! by Again2(m): 2:14pm On May 22, 2011
megeness:

Hey Guys, I am currently doing my post graduate in business administration and I intend to continue with my masters of business administration in the same university. My issues are as follows:

1. I put the required 1200 pounds for my maintenance in my bank account and the 28th day will be on the 29th of June 2011.

3. the balance of my school fees is 1250 pounds which i will pay before i apply for an extension.

I need to know if the time gap between when i apply and when my visa expires is appropriate, that is, i wont get penalized for applying too late and also, if i am legal 2 remain in the UK while my application is being processed, I really need your help guys, cheers
Your maintenance fees is £5400 if ur school is outside london, its not £1200 as u stated.

For the answer about the time-gap. . read it up here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/Tier4migrantguidance1.pdf

Though u can stay in the country while ur application is being processed
Re: Uk Visa Extension: Urgent! Need Help! by muami(m): 2:45pm On May 22, 2011
86. If a student is already in the UK and his/her existing permission to stay runs out more than one month before the start-date of his/her proposed next course of study, he/she will be expected to return overseas and apply from outside the UK. If the applicant applies from inside the UK, his/her application will be refused. A month will be considered a calendar month (for example, if an applicant’s leave expires on 14 January his/her new course must start no later than 13 February).
Source: Tier 4 Policy Guidance

BTW, how come the 28th day of your funds already in the bank would be 29th June 2011 when today's date is 22th May 2011?
Re: Uk Visa Extension: Urgent! Need Help! by Again2(m): 3:01pm On May 22, 2011
muami:

86. If a student is already in the UK and his/her existing permission to stay runs out more than one month before the start-date of his/her proposed next course of study, he/she will be expected to return overseas and apply from outside the UK. If the applicant applies from inside the UK, his/her application will be refused. A month will be considered a calendar month (for example, if an applicant’s leave expires on 14 January his/her new course must start no later than 13 February).
Source: Tier 4 Policy Guidance

BTW, how come the 28th day of your funds already in the bank would be [b]29th June 2011 when today's date is 22th May 2011?
[/b]

Good point, the maintenance fees should be in his account from June 02 so that by end of June u request for the statement from ur bank.
Re: Uk Visa Extension: Urgent! Need Help! by megeness: 3:13pm On May 22, 2011
Hey guys, its 28 working or banking days not calendar days, i had d money put in my account on the 16th of May 2011 but over dis weekend i mistakenly moved 20pounds from my savings account (where d 1200 is) to my main account, but i returned it immediately, so i think i am gonna have 2 start all over again!
Re: Uk Visa Extension: Urgent! Need Help! by Again2(m): 3:32pm On May 22, 2011
megeness:

Hey guys, its 28 working or banking days not calendar days, i had d money put in my account on the 16th of May 2011 but over dis weekend i mistakenly moved 20pounds from my savings account (where d 1200 is) to my main account, but i returned it immediately, so i think i am gonna have 2 start all over again!

Thats not true, 28days including Saturdays and Sundays.
Re: Uk Visa Extension: Urgent! Need Help! by tjadeba(m): 4:35pm On May 23, 2011
megeness:

I need to know if the time gap between when i apply and when my visa expires is appropriate, that is, i wont get penalized for applying too late and also, if i am legal 2 remain in the UK while my application is being processed, I really need your help guys, cheers

Most important consideration is the start date of your next course(if its more than one month after the expiration of your current visa,then you'd better go home to apply), secondly,if the school is outside London and you have already paid in full by application date,then you are ok with the £1200 in your account for 28 days (inclusive weekends and bank holidays)
Re: Uk Visa Extension: Urgent! Need Help! by Again2(m): 4:45pm On May 23, 2011
tjadeba:

Most important consideration is the start date of your next course(if its more than one month after the expiration of your current visa,then you'd better go home to apply), secondly[b],if the school is outside London and you have already paid in full by application date,then you are ok with the £1200 in your account for 28 da[/b]ys (inclusive weekends and bank holidays)

How much is maintenance fees for schools outside london?
Re: Uk Visa Extension: Urgent! Need Help! by tjadeba(m): 6:43pm On May 23, 2011
Again2:

How much is maintenance fees for schools outside london?

Note: The Home Office recognises students who have spent at least six months in a course of study in the UK prior to applying for a new student visa extension,hence the concession of only having to show £1200 in you account for 28 days,being maintenance fee for two months (outside London) and i think £1600 for students inside London.
Re: Uk Visa Extension: Urgent! Need Help! by Again2(m): 8:07pm On May 23, 2011
megeness:

Are u talking about pre-masters program when u said post-graduate? Its confusing then u said u are doing postgraudate and want to continue masters.
Re: Uk Visa Extension: Urgent! Need Help! by Again2(m): 8:09pm On May 23, 2011
tjadeba:

Note: The Home Office recognises students who have spent at least six months in a course of study in the UK prior to applying for a new student visa extension,hence the concession of only having to show £1200 in you account for 28 days,being maintenance fee for two months (outside London) and i think £1600 for students inside London.
I see where u coming from.
Re: Uk Visa Extension: Urgent! Need Help! by JeSoul(f): 9:18pm On May 23, 2011
^JW, why were you banned?
Re: Uk Visa Extension: Urgent! Need Help! by Again2(m): 9:26pm On May 23, 2011
JeSoul:

^JW, why were you banned?

I think i quoted a banned ID, since then they sys has refused to unban me grin grin
Re: Uk Visa Extension: Urgent! Need Help! by JeSoul(f): 9:29pm On May 23, 2011
Again2:

I think i quoted a banned ID, since then they sys has refused to unban me grin grin
Lol. The spambot at work, that thing can be so annoying. I'll send a req to the admin. Unless you're happy being called 'Again and Again2 and Again 3 and . . .  cheesy
Re: Uk Visa Extension: Urgent! Need Help! by JeSoul(f): 9:30pm On May 23, 2011
And oh, if you wait for a few hrs it automatically unbans your ID. Check it, it may be back.
Re: Uk Visa Extension: Urgent! Need Help! by Again2(m): 9:32pm On May 23, 2011
JeSoul:

Lol. The spambot at work, that thing can be so annoying. I'll send a req to the admin. Unless you're happy being called 'Again and Again2 and Again 3 and . . .  cheesy

Hahahaha. . .no no no, pls help, i need my og ID back, i don't want again3 grin grin grin
Re: Uk Visa Extension: Urgent! Need Help! by Again2(m): 9:35pm On May 23, 2011
JeSoul:

And oh, if you wait for a few hrs it automatically unbans your ID. Check it, it may be back.
. . .still showing red, this happened since Sat and i have sent more than 3emails. . .
Re: Uk Visa Extension: Urgent! Need Help! by JeSoul(f): 9:53pm On May 23, 2011
Again2:

Hahahaha. . .no no no, pls help, i need my og ID back, i don't want again3 grin grin grin
Lol. Okay sir grin. The email thing is not the most efficient jare as so many ppl get banned by the bot. I've pm'd Mukina, she'll take very good care of you smiley.
Re: Uk Visa Extension: Urgent! Need Help! by Again2(m): 10:02pm On May 23, 2011
JeSoul:

Lol. Okay sir grin. The email thing is not the most efficient jare as so many ppl get banned by the bot. I've pm'd Mukina, she'll take very good care of you smiley.
Done that already but still no show grin grin grin,if the bot ban dis ID. . .i move to again3 grin grin

(1) (Reply)

My Port Of Entry Experience Firs Timer / Accident At Onne, Rivers State Claims Four Lives / TRENDING!!! Another Nigerian Man Flies Helicopter To Work To Beat Traffic (video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.