Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Stephen Ugboo Goes Blind, Begs In Enugu Street To Feed [VIDEO] - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Stephen Ugboo Goes Blind, Begs In Enugu Street To Feed [VIDEO] (63011 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Speaks On Rape Allegation, Says He’s Not Going To Feed Media / Stephen Keshi And Deji Tinubu (Throwback Photo, Video) / Stephen Appiah Flaunts His Massive Mansion (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stephen Ugboo Goes Blind, Begs In Enugu Street To Feed [VIDEO] by molas02: 10:08pm On Aug 31, 2021
Is obi kubana here..... It time to show U really care
Re: Stephen Ugboo Goes Blind, Begs In Enugu Street To Feed [VIDEO] by poiZon: 10:15pm On Aug 31, 2021
x123xlolls:
One politian will steal billions of dollars but can't help this dude with 100k.

Those type of politians, we have more than 995,475 of them in naija.
The wahala with u is u no sabi count.

1 Like

Re: Stephen Ugboo Goes Blind, Begs In Enugu Street To Feed [VIDEO] by Jacku: 10:15pm On Aug 31, 2021
I feel for this man. Too bad he treated this way.

Let's stop treating ourselves poorly too by downloading the IKEDC app to enjoy better electric service. Check out the link here
https://www.ikejaelectric.com/mobile-app/?utm_source=Nairaland&utm_medium=Banner&utm_campaign=Power_In_Your_Hands
Re: Stephen Ugboo Goes Blind, Begs In Enugu Street To Feed [VIDEO] by blazebaba(m): 10:19pm On Aug 31, 2021
Mtcheew....olympic gold koh...3crown nii...when a whole person wey design the flag wey una dey use till now no see any better thing gain from the country na hin you con dey complain...no let me change am for you oohh OP....
Re: Stephen Ugboo Goes Blind, Begs In Enugu Street To Feed [VIDEO] by ufotty2001: 10:20pm On Aug 31, 2021
Even steven keshi self... No body remember him again
Re: Stephen Ugboo Goes Blind, Begs In Enugu Street To Feed [VIDEO] by Kayharry(m): 10:20pm On Aug 31, 2021
michlins:
Why is it that these people think Nigerians owe them?

For goodness sake, Nigeria owes all of us. We're struggling. While you're making money and fame, kindly invest heavily in your future. Sports is one of the jobs with shortest employment span

Snail sense .
Re: Stephen Ugboo Goes Blind, Begs In Enugu Street To Feed [VIDEO] by Aganju849: 10:22pm On Aug 31, 2021
See as Mercy spread Nyansh like three-course meal

Dinner is served...Ambode coming with his fùck and knife
Re: Stephen Ugboo Goes Blind, Begs In Enugu Street To Feed [VIDEO] by Blackdisciple(m): 10:22pm On Aug 31, 2021
MarveworldG:
National treasure.
He would have been our Mayweather but

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

May God help us all....

This is Nigeria.
Re: Stephen Ugboo Goes Blind, Begs In Enugu Street To Feed [VIDEO] by Tareq1105: 10:24pm On Aug 31, 2021
Thank God we have a good Sport Minister who cares for the retired sportsmen and women. Sunday Dare will surely do something.
Re: Stephen Ugboo Goes Blind, Begs In Enugu Street To Feed [VIDEO] by rosinkkit: 10:25pm On Aug 31, 2021
OhGeeBee:
Can't blame the government on this undecided

Exactly. I'm still wondering how this is the fault of 'Nigeria' and the 'Nigerian govt'.

Does winning an Olympic medal mean you don't have to find work like others again or what?

How do we even know this man went to any 'government' to ask for help?

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Ugboo Goes Blind, Begs In Enugu Street To Feed [VIDEO] by kliffo(m): 10:47pm On Aug 31, 2021
Metrix147:

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/2021/08/nigerian-1974-gold-medalist-turns-blind-begs-in-enugu-street-to-feed-video/
There is no record of Stephen Ugboo winning a boxing medal for Nigeria in the 1974 commonwealth games. Perhaps in another edition.
Re: Stephen Ugboo Goes Blind, Begs In Enugu Street To Feed [VIDEO] by Adrian98(m): 11:00pm On Aug 31, 2021
Simple thing. Sell the gold and use the money.
Use what you have to get what you want.
Re: Stephen Ugboo Goes Blind, Begs In Enugu Street To Feed [VIDEO] by emilo2bad: 11:02pm On Aug 31, 2021
Guyman02:
He won a gold medal for Nigeria, if only Biafra had materialised and he won it for Biafra he would have been a celebrated hero.
I hope his people comes to his aid but he should stop reminding them that he won the medals under Gowon whose people in Plateau state are being slaughtered daily by Fulanis
This man did not win gold for Nigeria in 1974 commonwealth games boxing. He won gold at national sports festival for South Eastern state. Despite I have a pity for him,he should have say the truth. HE DID NOT WIN GOLD FOR NIGERIA

5 Likes

Re: Stephen Ugboo Goes Blind, Begs In Enugu Street To Feed [VIDEO] by Gkored: 11:17pm On Aug 31, 2021
His name did not surface on Wikipedia. I didn't even see any record of his appearance in the 1974 commonwealth games. To be sure, I followed the link to the name of the one who won gold for Nigeria that year thinking that he might have probably changed his name. Unfortunately, that still didn't seem to be.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Commonwealth_Games_medallists_in_boxing
Re: Stephen Ugboo Goes Blind, Begs In Enugu Street To Feed [VIDEO] by moneyissweet(m): 11:21pm On Aug 31, 2021
I don't have any pity for poor people, some of them when they are young they will be playing ludo draft gossiping up and down while their mates are hustling here and there to meet up.

If you eventually make it they will be the first to call you ritualist.

Adjovi:
Nigeria sha! nawa o. At least as his news don finally come out now, I'm sure blessing go locate am soonest. I wish I was wealthy tho. I don't know ,I hate seeing people suffer, it dey do me one kine. Seeing old people hawking on the street or doing menial jobs breaks my heart and some people will be embezzling money meant for old pensioners and no conscience or concern. Our leaders are heartless, very very.

3 Likes

Re: Stephen Ugboo Goes Blind, Begs In Enugu Street To Feed [VIDEO] by toxtimmy: 11:29pm On Aug 31, 2021
Na today you realise say you dey Nigeria..lol...BB naija participants are given positions in goverment, houses, cars and millions of naira by state governors for appearing in BB naija.

By the way only southern governors Sha... So now we know why only southerners like this man dey suffer like this...if na aboki or Fulani he will have been a senator or minister of sports.

Untill southerners accept say aboki and fulanise wise pass us, the suffering will continue...remember if you dey sick and no acknowledge the truth or cause of the sickness then the sickness can never be cured.

Kingosytex:

This is very pathetic.
It's a pity that the country doesn't value it's treasures, they would rather spend billions in uplifting those that cause untold pains, sorrows, and tears on the masses (Boko Haram and killer herdsmen) than help and uplift it's treasures.
It's just a pity!!
Re: Stephen Ugboo Goes Blind, Begs In Enugu Street To Feed [VIDEO] by Nobody: 11:51pm On Aug 31, 2021
Metrix147:

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/2021/08/nigerian-1974-gold-medalist-turns-blind-begs-in-enugu-street-to-feed-video/

They won’t feed this one but will be throwing money for dead people to floss on social media.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stephen Ugboo Goes Blind, Begs In Enugu Street To Feed [VIDEO] by Nobody: 12:22am On Sep 01, 2021
Same fate awaits wicked police officers who doesn't understand that bravado and wickedness to the unarmed civilian is not service to the tax payers.
Re: Stephen Ugboo Goes Blind, Begs In Enugu Street To Feed [VIDEO] by Lightorder: 12:29am On Sep 01, 2021
My heart is broken this night! I couldn’t hold back tears, sincerely . Gold medalist ?
Re: Stephen Ugboo Goes Blind, Begs In Enugu Street To Feed [VIDEO] by Adjovi: 12:32am On Sep 01, 2021
moneyissweet:
I don't have any pity for poor people, some of them when they are young they will be playing ludo draft gossiping up and down while their mates are hustling here and there to meet up.

If you eventually make it they will be the first to call you ritualist.

I don't know o. I can't do that. At times I hate myself, I'm so emotional. I just can't stand seeing the aged suffering. You also know our country is really not favourable you know.

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Ugboo Goes Blind, Begs In Enugu Street To Feed [VIDEO] by Lightorder: 12:38am On Sep 01, 2021
I
x123xlolls:
One politian will steal billions of dollars but can't help this dude with 100k.

Those type of politians, we have more than 995,475 of them in naija.
last night my wife after listening to the state of the nation, started sounding totally strange. According to her , as long as she is still alive, anyone who comes to seek for her daughters hands in marriage must be thoroughly investigated. Furthermore, NO politicians’ sons should ever come close to talk about marriage in her family. She said that their unborn generations are already CURSED and she wouldn’t let any of her daughters suffer or partake of such irrevocable curse by means of marriage. They should take their inherited cursed lives elsewhere. I have never seen her this serious
Re: Stephen Ugboo Goes Blind, Begs In Enugu Street To Feed [VIDEO] by hansomb: 12:40am On Sep 01, 2021
He also decried inhuman treatment meted to him in his community where he has allegedly been banished from. They see him as an OSU
Re: Stephen Ugboo Goes Blind, Begs In Enugu Street To Feed [VIDEO] by Habib101: 1:27am On Sep 01, 2021
The lifes of Nigerian sport legends have turned from Grace to grass
Re: Stephen Ugboo Goes Blind, Begs In Enugu Street To Feed [VIDEO] by Rhea(f): 1:44am On Sep 01, 2021
Metrix147:

The story does not add up.
The 1974 commonwealth games was hosted by New Zealand and not Australia. Nigeria won 3 gold medals in that tournament,
none of which was won by any Stephen Ogboh. His true identity and his accomplishments should be verified so that he can be rightfully acknowledged for his accomplishments. But there is a need to set the records straight.

Re: Stephen Ugboo Goes Blind, Begs In Enugu Street To Feed [VIDEO] by edgecution(m): 2:05am On Sep 01, 2021
Shopwiiser:
Go to other foreign countries and see how they treat their gold medalist even from decades ago....Nigeria is a disgrace.. the guy that even created the flag is suffering self... And they will jus seat at the upper and lower chambers with their fat absurd stomachs creating laws that only favour them...... undecided

That one is not true. Even if you be Okocha in America , the moment you lose your million is the end for you not to talk of GOLD MEDALISTS. I dont know about other countries but America is brutal for this. Come here and see past sports men who are broke now.
Re: Stephen Ugboo Goes Blind, Begs In Enugu Street To Feed [VIDEO] by wink2015(m): 3:00am On Sep 01, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Choi

And you want to blame some Nigerians born in foreign lands for not representing Nigeria

You can imagine!!! Some Nigerians representing at the Olympics said they only had one jersey.. after use you wash..

What will now happen to those kind of athletes after retirement?? A country that can't provide mere jersey will have a retirement plan for you??

Bleep the system!!!

Sometimes, the sportsmen and sportswomen themselves should be blamed for their current misfortune and social economic travails.

They mismanaged their opportunity in their glory days.

They never saved money for their future or planned any alternative business for themselves that will sustain them after their active days.

But this my position does not mean the federal, state, local government or public spirited individual should not support them financially whenever the need arises.

A good example was the late super eagle striker, Rashidi Yekini.

He came from USA 94 world cup a poor man.

He was spotted on Akara joint and mama put joint in Ibadan carrying paper bag and trekking on the streets of Ibadan, Oyo state capital.

He was seen most times talking to himself in pain and frustration with life while being unconscious of people around him.

Rashidi Yekini case went further worse in the subsequent months even when help came to his rescue.

He subsequently died.

There was also the case of Wilson Oruma, a prominent footballer from Delta state who played alongside with Kanu Nwankwo and won the Atlanta Olympics gold for football in 1996.

This was Nigeria's 2nd gold medal after Chioma Ajunwa won Nigeria 's 1st gold medal in an Olympics in the same Atlanta, USA.

To cut long story short, Wilson Oruma came back from the Atlanta Olympics much productive and a goal getter.

He got a place in a European club in France where he built an international footballing career for himself.

Along the line he ventured into business as his football playing days gradually subside.

He was duped by a so called Pastor in a business ventures that he sunked huge amount of his fortune.

The fraudulent business man and Pastor sold a juicy business deal to Wilson Oruma which the latter was convinced and he transferred a huge bulk of his saving in the deal which he never recovered from financially.

That event of being financially ripped off set the tide for months long emotional and health problem or trauma which he had to contend with.

And the pains and reality of loosing money further had a big toll on the health of Wilson Oruma.

Picture of pathetically looking Wilson Oruma surfaced online.

He was seen talking to himself unconsciously while trekking on the streets of Warri.

Wilson Oruma then looked emaciated from the pains of his financial travails.

Wilson Oruma pathetic story started to change when public spirited individual came to his rescue to render him financial help.

Prominent person who came on board to assist Wilson Oruma was Amaju Pinnic who is now with the fifa council.

Take the case of Christian Chukwu it was Femi Otedola that came to render him financial assistance when he had health challenges.

There is also the case of Late Majek Fashek a reaggae musician who had the popular hit song "send down the rain"

Majek Fashek who became seriously sick was assisted by a Bini businessman Late Mr Hosa Okunbor and Lagos oil magnate, Mr Femi Otedola.

I support the views of Mr Segun Odegbami ( the mathematical) that sportsmen and women should be assisted financially during their retirement stage having burnt their energy for their country while they were youthful.

My advice to sportsmen and sportswomen is to have a planned B arrangements.

The same advice equally goes to other career persons or professional to always set aside a good plan B arrangements during the course of their career.

I will conclude here by using this medium to call on the Enugu state government, federal government and other public spirited individual to come to the aid of this boxer who gave his young age to participate in International boxer notably in Australia where he won medals during the Yakubu Gowon government in 1974.
Re: Stephen Ugboo Goes Blind, Begs In Enugu Street To Feed [VIDEO] by Gaddafih001(m): 3:36am On Sep 01, 2021
Metrix147:

I wept the day I sat with this man and talked.
The wife ran away with the kids and left this man all to himself.
Some guys bought a GP tank for him to be selling and getting and earning money to keep body and soul together. I wanted to help too but I suddenly lost my job in 2018.
Anyone with interest or wish to speak or see him can reach to me.
It’s better to see this man one on one and you will weep for this country.
You see people running away and you are wondering what is going on.
You see Nigerians playing for other countries and you wonder what’s going on.
This is what is going on.
Re: Stephen Ugboo Goes Blind, Begs In Enugu Street To Feed [VIDEO] by ikllbrokehoes(m): 4:58am On Sep 01, 2021
This is why I don't blame those athletes that refuse to support Nigeria, that country is messed up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The New Adamasingba Stadium In Ibadan (Photo) / Reactions As 'Rubber' Man Shows His Flexibility (Photos) / When Ronaldo Ended Ashley Cole Arsenal Career (Throwback)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.