Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,677 members, 7,823,911 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Emmanuel Eluu, Lagos Airport Driver Returns $20,000, Phone, Jewelry - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Emmanuel Eluu, Lagos Airport Driver Returns $20,000, Phone, Jewelry (31853 Views)

Abdullahi Suleiman: Emir Of Keffi's Driver Returns Missing $800 In Saudi [photo] / Uber Driver Returns A Lady's N25k And Her International Passport, He Gets N500 / Taxi Driver Returns Passenger's Phone And Money, Rejects N10k Gift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emmanuel Eluu, Lagos Airport Driver Returns $20,000, Phone, Jewelry by Jayblaze47(m): 7:09pm On Sep 02, 2021
My friends brother�
Re: Emmanuel Eluu, Lagos Airport Driver Returns $20,000, Phone, Jewelry by szczescie(m): 12:19am On Sep 03, 2021
SmartPolician:

It's always easy to pick out the bad and leave the good. FYI, 90% of the popular names in science, technology, arts, education, finance, commerce, etc. come from the majority. So, calm down because there's no Nigeria without us in the majority. Too bad for you guys.

You are just too dumb to understand ain't you?

I'd rather be Rwanda of 2020 than Nigeria of 2020,

Rwanda has not many known and famous people and no natural resources, Nigeria has all the big names everywhere in every field so? How has that helped improve the lives of average Nigerians? On the other hand Rwanda is the neatest country in Africa and one of the safest they also have 24/7 electricity.

Me and this One girl in Europe where doing just fantastic romantically one day she heard I was Nigerian that was the last I ever heard, saw or spoke to her till today.

I can't tell you how many jobs I've lost when they know I'm from Nigeria.

See Peace of heart is far more valuable than knowing or having famous people or even being famous.

You should be honest enough to admit that 80% of everything wrong with Nigeria, everything bad Nigeria is famous for is caused or done by those so called major ethnic groups, I dare you to show me one Ijaw man who has smuggled drugs to Malaysia but when the airport security in Malaysia see an ijaw or igbira man they don't see an ijaw man, an igbira man etc they see a Nigerian and give that man the treatment that's supposed to be reserved for The Igbos, in South Africa, India etc it's the exact same thing.

Just be honest my guy and stop arguing. We have lost far more personally and collectively (as non troublesome tribes) than we have ever gained from this ungodly union called Nigeria.

Should we talk about the Nepotism and tribalism? Where Igbos fill up everywhere with Igbos and hausa's fill up everywhere with hausa's and Yoruba's fill up everywhere with yoruba's.
I have personally been a victim of this during several job Search throughout Nigeria, the one I will never forget was when one secretary after begging him to find way and just submit my application atleast let oga eyes see it he told me "No how way oga go even mistakenly accept you with this Kain name oga know the kain people him dey find" it was a government office in Abuja the "oga" was an hausa man and my name was not remotely Hausa

And one incident where i was told ah no vex ".. and If to say you be Yoruba now that woman for help you"

I met all the requirements but my application wasn't even going to be opened or read at all based on tribe (applicants state of origin or name).
I don't want to give out too much details of my time job hunting in Abuja but just imagine this dialogue

Me: oboy abeg just help me put eye for my application na my name be this I go add some thing to this small thing when I come next time

Clerk: bros oga done commot your application like 2 times now oh, him no even open am

Me: make I show face see whether I fit do anything,
Hurries down gets InTouch with a few people, settles security, sees secretary explain my predicament to secretary

Secretary: hmmm... Nothing I fit do for you oh... Oga get names of people wey him wan choose...

Me: abeg just if you fit let me just somehow speak to oga or greet him

Secretary: that one no possibile oh

Me: ok just help me put my file one more time

Secretary: tired of the much explanations and is surprised by my pessimism and the fact that security won't kick me out
Asks my qualifications everything in tact, asks how I knew there was even such an opening, I explain truthfully, an Hausa friend of mine alerted me to a big opening in my field which I qualify for, *he Looks at me*, takes the sealed documents, looks at my name, ah no wonder
Long story short he Explains to me that to make oga accept me: 1. I need to be Hausa 2. have a god father who is most likely Hausa or at least have Hausa name
Because with this name I have there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY oga can make mistake to accept me.

Till I die I will never forget that incident, days later I went back to my state, where I started planning my moves to leave the hell hole that is Nigeria
Re: Emmanuel Eluu, Lagos Airport Driver Returns $20,000, Phone, Jewelry by chukxie(m): 1:03am On Sep 03, 2021
Hezzyluv:
Well, he doesn't have option then to return it back, if he choose not to return it, they'll know he's the one once alarm blow. Kudus to him for using wisdom.

Another passenger on board the bus could have easily taken the bag. Let's praise the driver for being an honest Nigerian. $20k is a lot of money for someone to be carrying around. Why isn't the identity of the 'big man' revealed?
Re: Emmanuel Eluu, Lagos Airport Driver Returns $20,000, Phone, Jewelry by Nobody: 2:19am On Sep 03, 2021
Good people are still in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

If Not For The Driver's Experience - Man Who Survived Accident Revealed (Photos) / Obituary Of 2 Siblings Who Died In Accident (Photo) / Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.