Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,216 members, 7,811,595 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

Update On My Flooded Car ❗❗ - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Update On My Flooded Car ❗❗ (1929 Views)

This Is How To Spot A Flooded Car (video) / Still Considering Importing A Flooded Car From The USA? / How To Restore A Flooded Car's Engine. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Update On My Flooded Car ❗❗ by RadioMOUTH(m): 11:52am On Sep 04, 2021

Greetings to everyone, I made a post 2 days ago about my car which was flooded..

https://www.nairaland.com/6732253/car-flooding-please

I was able to gather some boys in the area to help me pull it out to my compound.

With the situation of the car now, I'm just confused

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update On My Flooded Car ❗❗ by ItsGoodToBeGood: 12:02pm On Sep 04, 2021
Adam adaala na gutter!!!!

The Lord is your strength

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update On My Flooded Car ❗❗ by Cokahot: 12:02pm On Sep 04, 2021
Make mechanic open the useless fancy engine cover and check if eater entered the plugs. Just dey pray,ut use Bluetooth scanner first,u fit get luck . Yuck imagine disgusting water filled of frames,piss,and other yucky dirty stuffs Nigerians throw on the road. Inyama
RadioMOUTH:

Greetings to everyone, I made a post 2 days ago about my car which was flooded..

https://www.nairaland.com/6732253/car-flooding-please

I was able to gather some boys in the area to help me pull it out to my compound.

With the situation of the car now, I'm just confused

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update On My Flooded Car ❗❗ by Asquare84(m): 12:02pm On Sep 04, 2021
Allow the car to dry very well under the sun, car will be fine.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On My Flooded Car ❗❗ by RadioMOUTH(m): 12:06pm On Sep 04, 2021
Asquare84:

Thank you
Re: Update On My Flooded Car ❗❗ by RadioMOUTH(m): 12:07pm On Sep 04, 2021
Cokahot:
Make mechanic open the useless fancy engine cover and check if eater entered the plugs. Just dey pray,ut use Bluetooth scanner first,u fit get luck . Yuck imagine disgusting water filled of frames,piss,and other yucky dirty stuffs Nigerians throw on the road. Inyama

The boys that pushed it, one was a mechanic.. he said my car is okay when he opened the Burnet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update On My Flooded Car ❗❗ by RadioMOUTH(m): 12:09pm On Sep 04, 2021
ItsGoodToBeGood:
Adam adaala na gutter!!!!

The Lord is your strength

Thank you very much..

1 Like

Re: Update On My Flooded Car ❗❗ by aieromon(m): 12:25pm On Sep 04, 2021
RadioMOUTH:

The boys that pushed it, one was a mechanic.. he said my car is okay when he opened the Burnet

Good news. Allow to dry. The interior will need first class dry cleaning and you need to invest money in powerful air fresheners for the next 6 months to remove any trace of foul odour.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On My Flooded Car ❗❗ by RadioMOUTH(m): 12:36pm On Sep 04, 2021
aieromon:

Good news. Allow to dry. The interior will need first class dry cleaning and you need to invest money in powerful air fresheners for the next 6 months to remove any trace of foul odour.

Okay sir, thank you
Re: Update On My Flooded Car ❗❗ by gat2so(m): 2:39pm On Sep 04, 2021
Check if your engine and transmission oil isn't mixed with water ... if there is traces of water drain all then refill with new oils ...

Remove your brainbox open the panel box sun dry it

Remove the burn the engine plugs

Remove and clean the MAP and MAF sensor ...

About your interior 2 weeks of open air dry will bring the interior to order..

Secure your engine and transmission plus brainbox before you ever try to start the car ...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On My Flooded Car ❗❗ by RadioMOUTH(m): 3:41pm On Sep 04, 2021
gat2so:
Check if your engine and transmission oil isn't mixed with water ... if there is traces of water drain all then refill with new oils ...

Remove your brainbox open the panel box sun dry it

Remove the burn the engine plugs

Remove and clean the MAP and MAF sensor ...

About your interior 2 weeks of open air dry will bring the interior to order..

Secure your engine and transmission plus brainbox before you ever try to start the car ...

There was no water on the transmission oil sir
Re: Update On My Flooded Car ❗❗ by PAQ(m): 6:00pm On Sep 04, 2021
If your car just dries up and starts running without any problems, it will strengthen my trust for Lexus/Toyota
Re: Update On My Flooded Car ❗❗ by homeboy205: 6:09pm On Sep 04, 2021
I’m still praying for you brother, the best will come out no worries
Re: Update On My Flooded Car ❗❗ by okoroemeka(m): 6:27pm On Sep 04, 2021
Asquare84:
drying the interior under the sun will not be enough,I think the best option will be to get mechanic or panel beater to lose the seats and remove the rug for a real wash and thorough drying, while the ECU will also be drying

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On My Flooded Car ❗❗ by Conner44: 8:03pm On Sep 04, 2021
^^^ i advice you to follow the above recommendation to remove all traces of water, sand, odor and mud from the interior furnishings of your vehicle. Also you’d minimize the risk of rusting on your inner panels too

5 Likes

Re: Update On My Flooded Car ❗❗ by Terrence99: 9:48pm On Sep 04, 2021
RadioMOUTH:

There was no water on the transmission oil sir

Guy, whether there's water in it or not, change all fluids in that car. Brake, engine, transmission, coolant, every damn fluid.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On My Flooded Car ❗❗ by Terrence99: 9:50pm On Sep 04, 2021
okoroemeka:
drying the interior under the sun will not be enough,I think the best option will be to get mechanic or panel beater to lose the seats and remove the rug for a real wash and thorough drying, while the ECU will also be drying

OP, follow this advice.
There are people who do interior detailing for tokunbo cars brought into Naija. They will remove all seats and rug, clean and vaccum before reinstalling.
Don't be in a hurry to restart the car. Just take things easy and gently and you'll be fine.

6 Likes

Re: Update On My Flooded Car ❗❗ by RadioMOUTH(m): 1:47am On Sep 05, 2021
Terrence99:

OP, follow this advice.
There are people who do interior detailing for tokunbo cars brought into Naija. They will remove all seats and rug, clean and vaccum before reinstalling.
Don't be in a hurry to restart the car. Just take things easy and gently and you'll be fine.

Where in port Harcourt can I see them
Re: Update On My Flooded Car ❗❗ by RZArecta(m): 1:53pm On Sep 05, 2021
RadioMOUTH:

they used to be at Ikoku as if you're going towards Olu Obasanjo from Ikwerre road, don't know about now. I'll also suggest you get a very good mechanic to check for water and to drain and replace all fluids with original specified (not ABRO for any reason at all). He should also check the electricals

Cc weyreypey
Re: Update On My Flooded Car ❗❗ by ksmart027(m): 2:49pm On Sep 05, 2021
RadioMOUTH:

Were did these happen in Port Harcourt, you see then in aggrey road.
Re: Update On My Flooded Car ❗❗ by RadioMOUTH(m): 3:00pm On Sep 05, 2021
ksmart027:

Were did these happen in Port Harcourt, you see then in aggrey road.

Ada George
Re: Update On My Flooded Car ❗❗ by seanfer(m): 9:39am On Sep 10, 2021
RadioMOUTH:

Ada George

Any update on your car cleaning?
Re: Update On My Flooded Car ❗❗ by aumusa: 9:55am On Sep 10, 2021
Op i dont know what to say other than say the lord is your strength, please apply due diligence get very good technicians to do the job and pls no rushing and i blv u will be fine,
Re: Update On My Flooded Car ❗❗ by 2special(m): 10:43pm On Oct 11, 2021
RadioMOUTH:

Ada George
any updates
Re: Update On My Flooded Car ❗❗ by Timblogga: 11:54pm On Oct 11, 2021
Port harcourt flood really dealt with you guys.
Re: Update On My Flooded Car ❗❗ by Timblogga: 12:01am On Oct 12, 2021
RZArecta:
they used to be at Ikoku as if you're going towards Olu Obasanjo from Ikwerre road, don't know about now. I'll also suggest you get a very good mechanic to check for water and to drain and replace all fluids with original specified (not ABRO for any reason at all). He should also check the electricals

Cc weyreypey
what’s wrong with ABRO pls?

(1) (Reply)

. / Car Scratch Repair / All New Kia Stinger GT Bi-turbo Will Hit 100 Km/h In 4.9 Seconds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.