Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,615 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:21 AM

What Exactly Is BABYLON THE GREAT? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Exactly Is BABYLON THE GREAT? (243 Views)

Jehovah's Witnesses And Babylon The Great / Babylon The Great Is Jerusalem,not America / Bishop Nathanyel Speaks On The Modern Church, Slavery & Babylon The Great (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Exactly Is BABYLON THE GREAT? by obonujoker(m): 8:06am On Sep 05, 2021
Babylon the great? Where does this name come from?

Babylon the Great, commonly known as the LovePeddler of Babylon, refers to both a symbolic female figure and place of evil mentioned in the Book of Revelation in the Bible. Her full title is stated in Revelation 17 (verse 5) as Mystery, Babylon the Great, the Mother of Prostitutes and Abominations of the Earth.

Over the years, people and scholars alike have attributed this name to various empires, countries, people etc, however let's see what the Bible describes it to be in Revelations 17

1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great LovePeddler that sitteth upon many waters:
2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.
9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he comes, he must continue a short space.
11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goes into perdition.
12 And the ten horns which thou saw are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
15 And he said unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the LovePeddler sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.
18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigns over the kings of the earth.

From these verses, it can be clearly seen that Great Babylon is clearly and enemy of God as seen that it corrupted all the kings of the earth, and killed almost all the saints of Jesus Christ.

Great Babylon will be carried by the Beast (Devil incarnate)... This means Babylon is a device of the Devil used to deceive the world... It will later be seen that this device (Babylon the great) will be destroyed by the Antichrist (the beast) and his 10 kings, because all their will and strength will be given unto the Beast, when he would proclaim himself as the "ONLY ONE TO BE WORSHIPPED"

We can therefore deduce that GREAT BABYLON is actually a deceitful mechanism employed by the Devil from time immemorial to deceive the world and persecute the saints of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Although all human empires will be destroyed (including America), but they do not mean they are GREAT BABYLON.

What do you think?

(1) (Reply)

God Why Do You Treat Me More Than Job In The Bible ? / The Problem Of Evil Vs The Love Of God / We Don’t Need A Dating App! – Leke Adeboye Laments As RCCG Launches Online Chris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.