Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,088 members, 7,828,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

5 Die Conveying Corpse Of Cholera Victim From Lagos To Sokoto (Pictures) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 Die Conveying Corpse Of Cholera Victim From Lagos To Sokoto (Pictures) (31926 Views)

Family Protests At Ibadan Hospital Over Mutilated Corpse Of Relative (Graphic) / Corpse Allegedly Hijacks The Ambulance Conveying It In Benin (Video) / Hospital Produces Wrong Corpse Of Nurudeen Alowonle For Burial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Die Conveying Corpse Of Cholera Victim From Lagos To Sokoto (Pictures) by kemika8989(m): 1:12pm On Sep 06, 2021
Re: 5 Die Conveying Corpse Of Cholera Victim From Lagos To Sokoto (Pictures) by PlanktonX: 1:34pm On Sep 06, 2021
This is really strange....five more people died within the journey to Sokoto.

If it is actually caused by Cholera....then those at the Ojota base should all be place on emergency quarantine.

Nigeria with 1,000 ways to die.

May God have mercy upon the deceased. Life is nothing but just a breeze. Be humble
Re: 5 Die Conveying Corpse Of Cholera Victim From Lagos To Sokoto (Pictures) by Maxvasia(m): 1:43pm On Sep 06, 2021
Lol. You call Cholera ordinary? Lol. It kills VERY FAST these days. Before one can even get to a nearby hospital. Where i am, almost half the population of a small town have been wiped out in the last 1 month.

Make we jus dey pray and give thanks for the problems we don't have.
ClitRaider:
Ordinary Cholera?!

Odiegwu!
Re: 5 Die Conveying Corpse Of Cholera Victim From Lagos To Sokoto (Pictures) by spiceadole: 1:46pm On Sep 06, 2021
ClitRaider:
Ordinary Cholera?!

Odiegwu!

You have no knowledge of what cholera is, that's why you call it "ordinary"

1 Like

Re: 5 Die Conveying Corpse Of Cholera Victim From Lagos To Sokoto (Pictures) by JimmyDarmody: 1:57pm On Sep 06, 2021
Alaganature09:
One of the reasons I don't travel long distance for any burial or party....if e no be my area abeg go do your party yourself...
wise. Learnt.
Re: 5 Die Conveying Corpse Of Cholera Victim From Lagos To Sokoto (Pictures) by Maxvasia(m): 1:57pm On Sep 06, 2021
It is caused by a virus called Vibro Cholerae. It is usually spread by air (airborne. Which makes it very contagious) or by contact with infected surfaces or consuming infection food items without proper washing/sanitising. Always avoid coming in contact with infected persons (use of face masks is helpful here), proper and habitual hand washing, especially in regions of outbreak, ensure clean environments and keep your food items safe and clean. Lastly, Cholera vaccination. Get vaccinated.

Abokis do not observe any of the above, they infact do the opposite, this is why they are the ones mostly infected first before they spread it to others. They are the usual forerunners of Cholera.
contigiency:
Can experts in the house educate us on the major cause of this disease and preventive measures. It's getting too bad daily.

1 Like

Re: 5 Die Conveying Corpse Of Cholera Victim From Lagos To Sokoto (Pictures) by ClitRaider: 1:59pm On Sep 06, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
Cholera ordinary?

You must be getting it confused with your every day diarrhea.. angry
My bad.

buh Cholera is a severe diarrhea caused by bacteria.
To me, it's still ordinary, for it to kill 5 healthy men travelling from Lagos to Sokoto is what baffled me.

You can cure that shitt with any of the following..

Origin bitters,
Action Bitters,
Bitter leaf juice,
lemon juice,
Tetracycline,
Cyprofloxaxine,
ORS
Original Honey

etc etc..

Be informed bro, the disease is not as bad as you think.
Re: 5 Die Conveying Corpse Of Cholera Victim From Lagos To Sokoto (Pictures) by lexy2014: 2:10pm On Sep 06, 2021
FlipModeSquade:

Being close to a Cholera infected person,exposes you to the risk of eating food contaminated with the pathogens..

How does "being close to a cholera infected person expose you to the risk of eating food contaminated with the pathogens"? how do d pathogens get into d food?
Re: 5 Die Conveying Corpse Of Cholera Victim From Lagos To Sokoto (Pictures) by laiza(m): 2:19pm On Sep 06, 2021
I hope this serve as lesson to others not to transport a person who died of an infection to anywhere other than the grave or burn their remains. They wanted to do a noble thing but they were ignorant of the grave danger they were in. Besides he was a Muslim and could have been interred anywhere in the world. RIP to the dead.
Re: 5 Die Conveying Corpse Of Cholera Victim From Lagos To Sokoto (Pictures) by FlipModeSquade(m): 2:27pm On Sep 06, 2021
lexy2014:

How does "being close to a cholera infected person expose you to the risk of eating food contaminated with the pathogens"? how do d pathogens get into d food?
How?

Indulge my long ramblings.. shocked

Let's assume that the cholera patient defecate on himself,which is common when you are having uncontrollable urge to shit..

And let's assume that these relatives came around to felicitate and condole with the said patient..

And let's just imagine that this relatives decided to touch and handle the said patient,who might have shit on himself without cleaning up properly..

So let's extend our imaginations a little bit..

That at this stage,the relative has contaminated himself with fecal matter from the patient,by touching or shaking or helping to carrying him..

Let's assume this same relative has very poor personal hygiene level,and doesn't bother washing up after getting his hands contaminated with cholera pathogens..

Finally,picture this same person eating an Apple or Mango with the same soiled hands,contaminated with fecal matter full of cholera pathogens..

FECO-ORAL..

YOU see how the pathogens from the feces of the patient,finally ended up in the relatives mouth? grin

2 Likes

Re: 5 Die Conveying Corpse Of Cholera Victim From Lagos To Sokoto (Pictures) by xeju: 2:28pm On Sep 06, 2021
damilola4162:

https://dailytrust.com/5-die-conveying-corpse-of-cholera-victim-to-sokoto
For those of una buying suya, yam, chicken, potato, etc, from these abokis make una careful cos their level of hygiene is appalling
Re: 5 Die Conveying Corpse Of Cholera Victim From Lagos To Sokoto (Pictures) by Originalsly: 2:30pm On Sep 06, 2021
Hmmm...... cholera is in the city and we are obsessed with COVID-19.

Re: 5 Die Conveying Corpse Of Cholera Victim From Lagos To Sokoto (Pictures) by KosiGee(m): 2:31pm On Sep 06, 2021
They transported the remains of the relatives who died of cholera from Lagos to Sokoto and no mobile police, DSS,Customs, Military stopped them to query what they were conveying to sokoto??
Re: 5 Die Conveying Corpse Of Cholera Victim From Lagos To Sokoto (Pictures) by Traplord09: 2:32pm On Sep 06, 2021
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided lipsrsealed undecided undecided undecided undecided
If government no send there boys who we

Re: 5 Die Conveying Corpse Of Cholera Victim From Lagos To Sokoto (Pictures) by lexy2014: 2:33pm On Sep 06, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
How?

Indulge my long ramblings.. shocked

Let's assume that the cholera patient defecate on himself,which is common when you are having uncontrollable urge to shit..

And let's assume that these relatives came around to felicitate and condole with the said patient..

And let's just imagine that this relatives decided to touch and handle the said patient,who might have shit on himself without cleaning up properly..

So let's extend our imaginations a little bit..

That at this stage,the relative has contaminated himself with fecal matter from the patient,by touching or shaking or helping to carrying him..

Let's assume this same relative has very poor personal hygiene level,and doesn't body washing up after getting his hands contaminated with cholera pathogens..

Finally,picture this same person eating an Apple with the same soiled hands, contaminated with fecal matter full of cholera pathogens..

FECO-ORAL..

YOU see how the pathogens from the feces of the patient,finally ended up in the relatives mouth? grin

So what parts of d body will d cholera patient u are talking about have d faeces on himself that it will be available for his 5 relatives to touch it?
Re: 5 Die Conveying Corpse Of Cholera Victim From Lagos To Sokoto (Pictures) by Decency2020(f): 2:37pm On Sep 06, 2021
Terrence99:

How many Muslims from the North do you see them burying in Lagos? You people just open mouth like dustbin and talk rubbish.

I actually wanted to lure people like you out. The northern muslims detest muslims here in the West but this lunatic leading other mumus in the name of mumuric never know that he is seen as a useful idiot.

Tell me more about it

Re: 5 Die Conveying Corpse Of Cholera Victim From Lagos To Sokoto (Pictures) by FlipModeSquade(m): 2:40pm On Sep 06, 2021
lexy2014:

So what parts of d body will d cholera patient u are talking about have d faeces on himself that it will be available for his 5 relatives to touch it?

Lol..

You do know that even on the best of days..

Many people don't clean up properly,after going to the toilet,talk less of a man shitting his life away?

Pathogens are UBIQUITOUS..

They can be anywhere on the victims body..

The hands he used to try to wipe the watery shit..

The face he might have used the contaminated hands to wipe..

And most especially..

His lower extremities,his legs and feet,which would have received a very good splatter of the unending episodes of shitting..

Touching any of these contaminated body parts is exposing you to the bacteria..

All they have to do,is end up in your mouth and you are another victim..

1 Like

Re: 5 Die Conveying Corpse Of Cholera Victim From Lagos To Sokoto (Pictures) by atilla(m): 2:42pm On Sep 06, 2021
Udodiri01:
Them still carry the corpse.... I tot there is a layed out medical procedures in handling corpse of infectious disease like this.... This set of people sef sad

Billgatee:
And many of these illiterates are still carrying them barehanded without gloves or any form of protection?.
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

As in I dont understand oh. Only two of them had enough sense to even wear mask and I'm sure they knew the people died from being exposed to a dead Body.

Double wahala for deady body
Re: 5 Die Conveying Corpse Of Cholera Victim From Lagos To Sokoto (Pictures) by Oosa4sure: 2:48pm On Sep 06, 2021
Can you imagine, ignorancy ,Why would they have to carry corpse of such to far north, Kai MUNTUNAS
Re: 5 Die Conveying Corpse Of Cholera Victim From Lagos To Sokoto (Pictures) by LivingTribunal: 3:31pm On Sep 06, 2021
Possibly COVID19
Re: 5 Die Conveying Corpse Of Cholera Victim From Lagos To Sokoto (Pictures) by caandi: 3:47pm On Sep 06, 2021
Very dirty people. Bad hygiene led to this! That’s why be careful what you buy from them. Cholera is a very deadly disease and kills
Re: 5 Die Conveying Corpse Of Cholera Victim From Lagos To Sokoto (Pictures) by witworth(m): 3:51pm On Sep 06, 2021
This one pass double wahala for deadibody o, this one na plenty wahala for the owner of deadibody
Re: 5 Die Conveying Corpse Of Cholera Victim From Lagos To Sokoto (Pictures) by lexy2014: 4:19pm On Sep 06, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
Lol..

Many people don't clean up properly,after going to the toilet,talk less of a man shitting his life away?

And most especially..

His lower extremities,his legs and feet,which would have received a very good splatter of the unending episodes of shitting..

In essence, shit was all over d initial cholera victims body to d point that irrespective of whatevet part of his body his 5 kinsmen touched, they came in contact with d pathogens
Re: 5 Die Conveying Corpse Of Cholera Victim From Lagos To Sokoto (Pictures) by FlipModeSquade(m): 4:30pm On Sep 06, 2021
lexy2014:

In essence, shit was all over d initial cholera victims body to d point that irrespective of whatevet part of his body his 5 kinsmen touched, they came in contact with d pathogens

The one thing a Cholera victim has in abundance is shit,plenty shit..

Like I said..

They don't need to eat a full course meal of the man's shit,to become contaminated..

Who knows,the man might have shit himself in their presence and they proceeded to clean him up.. grin
Re: 5 Die Conveying Corpse Of Cholera Victim From Lagos To Sokoto (Pictures) by lexy2014: 4:46pm On Sep 06, 2021
FlipModeSquade:

The one thing a Cholera victim has in abundance is shit,plenty shit..

Like I said..

They don't need to eat a full course meal of the man's shit,to become contaminated..

Who knows,the man might have shit himself in their presence and they proceeded to clean him up.. grin

Same thing we are saying. The initial cholera victim had shit all over his body to d point that irrespective of wwhatever part of his body his 5 kinsmen touched, they came in contact with d pathogens
Re: 5 Die Conveying Corpse Of Cholera Victim From Lagos To Sokoto (Pictures) by Jolomenas: 5:52pm On Sep 06, 2021
lexy2014:

I don't remember cholera being infectious except those who were "infected" ate or drank food or water contaminated by the feces (poop) of an infected person. Someone should pls correct me if am wrong.

If am not, I don't see why d state ministry of health isn't involved in this matter. Oooh....I forgot. This is Nigeria
This news is fake no mind them
Re: 5 Die Conveying Corpse Of Cholera Victim From Lagos To Sokoto (Pictures) by Jolomenas: 5:53pm On Sep 06, 2021
lexy2014:

I doubt if cholera is d cause of death because it isn't infectious
Oga lexy cholera is an infectious disease
Re: 5 Die Conveying Corpse Of Cholera Victim From Lagos To Sokoto (Pictures) by Jolomenas: 5:57pm On Sep 06, 2021
WesternOligarch:

Lol.... I'd rather be a yahoo boy than be a dumpster pirate/scavenger that dies of cholera, or some polio amputee that lives his life begging and either dies by being hit by a truck or being used for money ritual, or some bororo fulani cattle rapist that generally lives his life in the forest reservation kidnapping and committing all crimes known to man. Plus scamming at the barest minimum needs a some level of intellect... something that's lacking hugely in arewa north.
No wonder it’s generally believed that an average southerner is very greedy and criminally minded
So you’d rather steal from someone than to live a lowlife? You guys just lack contentment.
A yahoo boy is a thief.
If you are one then I must say this to you, fair god and stop stealing from other people, stupid thief.
Re: 5 Die Conveying Corpse Of Cholera Victim From Lagos To Sokoto (Pictures) by Jolomenas: 6:04pm On Sep 06, 2021
Maxvasia:
It is caused by a virus called Vibro Cholerae. It is usually spread by air (airborne. Which makes it very contagious) or by contact with infected surfaces or consuming infection food items without proper washing/sanitising. Always avoid coming in contact with infected persons (use of face masks is helpful here), proper and habitual hand washing, especially in regions of outbreak, ensure clean environments and keep your food items safe and clean. Lastly, Cholera vaccination. Get vaccinated.

Abokis do not observe any of the above, they infact do the opposite, this is why they are the ones mostly infected first before they spread it to others. They are the usual forerunners of Cholera.
The guy said expert o
But because you want to just comment you just disgraced yourself,
Omo you be mumu I swear.
Vibrio cholerae is a bacteria and its not airbone fool.
Olodo
Re: 5 Die Conveying Corpse Of Cholera Victim From Lagos To Sokoto (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 06, 2021
Jolomenas:

No wonder it’s generally believed that an average southerner is very greedy and criminally minded
So you’d rather steal from someone than to live a lowlife? You guys just lack contentment.
A yahoo boy is a thief.
If you are one then I must say this to you, fair god and stop stealing from other people, stupid thief.

Still better than a bororo fulani that goes around killing and raping women and children.
Re: 5 Die Conveying Corpse Of Cholera Victim From Lagos To Sokoto (Pictures) by Jolomenas: 6:08pm On Sep 06, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
Lol..

And most especially..

Indeed you are a patient person trying to educate him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Reasons Why You Must Suck Or Drink Your Wife Breast Milk / Woman Delivered Of Premature Quadruplets In Kogi State. Photos / COVID-19 Vaccines Arrive Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.