Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Bible Study - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Study (2386 Views)

[Thread Updated daily] Bible Study/devotionals? Click Here / Anglican Bible Study Outline 2021 / In Dire Need Of A Bible Study Church - Suggestions Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bible Study by NATUREOFPOETRY: 3:24am On Sep 07, 2021
The Holy Spirit hasn't stopped inspiring people just like he did with the men of old that wrote the Bible.
Let's come together and share the inspiration of the Holy Spirit on the word of God, hence, growing together.

Drop your number and name and let me add us to a just created whatsapp group for Biblical study.
Re: Bible Study by Kobojunkie: 4:22am On Sep 07, 2021
NATUREOFPOETRY:
The Holy Spirit hasn't stopped inspiring people just like he did with the men of old that wrote the Bible.
Let's come together and share the inspiration of the Holy Spirit on the word of God, hence, growing together.

Drop your number and name and let me add us to a just created whatsapp group for Biblical study.
How exactly do you intend for the Holy Spirit to inspire you in this endeavor when Jesus Christ said all you need do is use the understanding you have in order to obtain more? undecided
10 The followers came to Jesus and asked, “Why do you use these stories to teach the people?”

11 Jesus answered, “Only you can know the secret truths about God’s kingdom. Those other people cannot know these secret truths.
12 The people who have some understanding will be given more. And they will have even more than they need. But those who do not have much understanding will lose even the little understanding that they have.
13 This is why I use these stories to teach the people: They see, but they don’t really see. They hear, but they don’t really hear or understand.
14 So they show that what Isaiah said about them is true: - Matthew 13 vs 10 - 14
undecided

This is the same lesson from the parable of the 10 talents which teaches that those who use what they have will be given more but those who don't will have even that which they previously had taken from them. - Matthew 25 vs 14 - 30 undecided

You will not learn the Truth of God through your Bible studies... no, you can only learn His Truth by putting to use the understanding you have through continual submission to and obedience of His very teachings and commandments. undecided
Re: Bible Study by ponziponzi(m): 4:31am On Sep 07, 2021
NATUREOFPOETRY:

I don’t think the Holy Spirit inspired anybody. Those people just wrote down stories they thought were true and some intended propaganda
Re: Bible Study by NATUREOFPOETRY: 5:29am On Sep 07, 2021
ponziponzi:

I don’t think the Holy Spirit inspired anybody. Those people just wrote down stories they thought were true and some intended propaganda

2Pet.1.20 - Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation.
2Pet.1.21 - For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.
Re: Bible Study by NATUREOFPOETRY: 5:33am On Sep 07, 2021
Kobojunkie:
How exactly do you intend for the Holy Spirit to inspire you in this endeavor when Jesus Christ said all you need do is use the understanding you have in order to obtain more? undecided
undecided

This is the same lesson from the parable of the 10 talents which teaches that those who use what they have will be given more but those who don't will have even that which they previously had taken from them. - Matthew 25 vs 14 - 30 undecided

You will not learn the Truth of God through your Bible studies... no, you can only learn His Truth by putting to use the understanding you have through continual submission to and obedience of His very teachings and commandments. undecided

So, how do one intend to get the understanding if he hasn't meditate on the word. The apostles thought the early church based on what they know about Christ, and the Holy Spirit didnt stop helping them dissect the word of Truth
Re: Bible Study by NATUREOFPOETRY: 5:37am On Sep 07, 2021
Kobojunkie:
undecided

Don't also forget Jesus also used parables, considering the type of people He was dealing with
Re: Bible Study by Kobojunkie: 5:42am On Sep 07, 2021
NATUREOFPOETRY:

So, how do one intend to get the understanding if he hasn't meditate on the word. The apostles thought the early church based on what they know about Christ, and the Holy Spirit didnt stop helping them dissect the word of Truth
Understanding you have refers to even that you have through application of basic language comprehension skills. Trying to meditate on what someone else .e.g. your pastors, told you of what is written amounts to using another's understanding and I don't think that is what Jesus Christ meant. undecided

Instead, Jesus Christ is telling you to put even that simple Understanding gained from simply comprehending the message as is written , and only then will more understanding be given you. undecided

If you refuse to use even the little you comprehend, you will not gain more understanding. In fact, any understanding you previously had of the Truth will be taken away from you and what you will have then are lies and not the Truth of God. undecided
Re: Bible Study by NATUREOFPOETRY: 5:47am On Sep 07, 2021
Now I grab. The group isn't meant for one person to be doing the study. It's a study to be done by everyone and there will be sharing of what each person got to understand from the scripture. It isn't a one man thing

Kobojunkie:
Understanding you have refers to even that you have through application of basic language comprehension skills. Trying to meditate on what someone else .e.g. your pastors, told you of what is written amounts to using another's understanding and I don't think that is what Jesus Christ meant. undecided

Instead, Jesus Christ is telling you to put even that simple Understanding gained from simply comprehending the message as is written , and only then will more understanding be given you. undecided

If you refuse to use even the little you comprehend, you will not gain more understanding. In fact, any understanding you previously had of the Truth will be taken away from you and what you will have then are lies and not the Truth of God. undecided
Re: Bible Study by Kobojunkie: 5:50am On Sep 07, 2021
NATUREOFPOETRY:
Don't also forget Jesus also used parables, considering the type of people He was dealing with
What type of people do you think he was dealing with then? The very same time of people who today call themselves Christians but do not not obey the teachings and commandments of God as given them by Jesus Christ, the one who is God's Law in the Kingdom of God. undecided

Jesus Christ spoke in parables so those who refuse to obey Him can remain in darkness about the Truth of the Kingdom of God, even today. undecided
10 The followers came to Jesus and asked, “Why do you use these stories to teach the people?”
11 Jesus answered, “Only you can know the secret truths about God’s kingdom. Those other people cannot know these secret truths. - Matthew 13 vs 10 -11
Re: Bible Study by NATUREOFPOETRY: 5:52am On Sep 07, 2021
NATUREOFPOETRY:
Now I grab. The group isn't meant for one person to be doing the study. It's a study to be done by everyone and there will be sharing of what each person got to understand from the scripture. It isn't a one man thing

The Berea Christians were considered honorable cause they srarched the scriptures themselves after Paul would have taught them. I don't intend teaching. I am still a baby sucking milk from Christ. Just wanted to bring together a group of like-minded believers, and study as a team. Then getting to share one another revelations on the scriptures
Re: Bible Study by Kobojunkie: 5:54am On Sep 07, 2021
NATUREOFPOETRY:
Again, following what Jesus Christ taught to us in Matthew 13 vs 12 and again in Matthew 25 vs 14 - 30, your group study is in vain if the only way to gain understanding is by using(not studying) the understanding you yourself have of His Truth. undecided

How can the Holy Spirit be involved in that which is deemed vain by Jesus Christ? undecided
Re: Bible Study by NATUREOFPOETRY: 5:55am On Sep 07, 2021

Can we chat on that?
Re: Bible Study by NATUREOFPOETRY: 5:59am On Sep 07, 2021
If I'm not mistaken, you are talking about living the scripture as the weightier than studying... Right?

Kobojunkie:
Again, following what Jesus Christ taught to us in Matthew 13 vs 12 and again in Matthew 25 vs 14 - 30, your group study is in vain if the only way to gain understanding is by using(not studying) the understanding you yourself have of His Truth. undecided

How can the Holy Spirit be involved in that which is deemed vain by Jesus Christ? undecided
Re: Bible Study by Kobojunkie: 6:09am On Sep 07, 2021
NATUREOFPOETRY:
If I'm not mistaken, you are talking about living the scripture as the weightier than studying... Right?
Living the scriptures? I am afraid I don't particularly know what that means since we are instead called to Live by the Word out of God's Mouth .I.e. Jesus Christ, the one who is Law in the Kingdom of God, hence God over all who belong in His Kingdom. undecided

It is to His teachings and commandments we are to live in continual submission and obedience to. undecided
Re: Bible Study by NATUREOFPOETRY: 6:10am On Sep 07, 2021
NATUREOFPOETRY:

Christ was never against studying.

2Tim.2.15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (KJV)

The most important is just to live what you study

Jas.1.22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. (NIV)
Re: Bible Study by NATUREOFPOETRY: 6:13am On Sep 07, 2021
Your first paragraph was kinda confusing. Jesus is the Word in accordance to John 1:1-4, how do we hereby live in submission to what we don't know
Kobojunkie:
Living the scriptures? I am afraid I don't particularly know what that means since we are instead called to Live by the Word out of God's Mouth .I.e. Jesus Christ, the one who is Law in the Kingdom of God, hence God over all who belong in His Kingdom. undecided

It is to His teachings and commandments we are to live in continual submission and obedience to. undecided
Re: Bible Study by NATUREOFPOETRY: 6:16am On Sep 07, 2021
Okay, let me know where you stand

Do you believe studying the word of God (the Bible) is in vain. And what we just need to do is live by the teaching of Christ?
Re: Bible Study by Kobojunkie: 1:34pm On Sep 07, 2021
NATUREOFPOETRY:
Your first paragraph was kinda confusing. Jesus is the Word in accordance to John 1:1-4, how do we hereby live in submission to what we don't know
Why do you not know what you are supposed to live in continual submission and obedience to? undecided
Re: Bible Study by MightySparrow: 1:52pm On Sep 07, 2021
NATUREOFPOETRY:

Kobojunkie is a confusionist. Try and go through her formal posts, you will discover.
Re: Bible Study by NATUREOFPOETRY: 5:07pm On Sep 07, 2021
Then you've forgotten about Joshua 1:8

Josh.1.8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. (NIV)

Did Joshua not have the basic knowledge of God before God told him to study?
Or will you say meditation and study differs

Kobojunkie:
Why do you not know what you are supposed to live in continual submission and obedience to? undecided
Re: Bible Study by NATUREOFPOETRY: 5:08pm On Sep 07, 2021
Kobo, I'm waiting for your reply on that
NATUREOFPOETRY:
Okay, let me know where you stand

Do you believe studying the word of God (the Bible) is in vain. And what we just need to do is live by the teaching of Christ?
Re: Bible Study by NATUREOFPOETRY: 5:12pm On Sep 07, 2021
And... I'm very sure you will agree that not everything about Christ was revealed when he was on Earth. Some were revealed to the disciples and that's why they could boldly confirm that Jesus is the Son of God

Kobojunkie:
Re: Bible Study by NATUREOFPOETRY: 5:13pm On Sep 07, 2021
How would you know that if you didnt study and meditate?
And by the way, the understading you claim one has, how's the understanding gotten?

NATUREOFPOETRY:
And... I'm very sure you will agree that not everything about Christ was revealed when he was on Earth. Some were revealed to the disciples and that's why they could boldly confirm that Jesus is the Son of God

Re: Bible Study by Kobojunkie: 5:13pm On Sep 07, 2021
NATUREOFPOETRY:
Then you've forgotten about Joshua 1:8
Josh.1.8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. (NIV)

Did Joshua not have the basic knowledge of God before God told him to study?
Or will you say meditation and study differs
It is more the case that you forgot to pay attention to learn to whom it was that God gave that book of the Law to - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. The Old Law was give by God Almighty to only those who had the blood of Jacob coursing through their veins. God excluded all those of Gentile birth from that agreement and this by His decree. undecided

So anyone of Gentile birth assuming he follows that law, either believes God is a fool or thinks it OK to follow it in vain. undecided

God may have told that to Joshua as He did everyone of His Old Covenant, but He gave us a different command in His New Covenant where He stated that He would teach us about Himself and write His Law on our hearts - Jeremiah 31 vs 31 - 34 undecided
Re: Bible Study by Kobojunkie: 5:16pm On Sep 07, 2021
NATUREOFPOETRY:
Every thing about the New Covenant Law of the Kingdom of God was revealed by Jesus Christ and ratified while He was stil here on earth with us. undecided

All the laws, blessings, curses, details on the seal(s), promises etcetera were concluded, and ratified before Jesus Christ then declared, "It is finished", on the cross. undecided
Re: Bible Study by NATUREOFPOETRY: 6:46pm On Sep 07, 2021
Never should you forget

2Tim.3.16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, (NIV)

It says All Scriptures... Old Testament or New

Kobojunkie:
It is more the case that you forgot to pay attention to learn to whom it was that God gave that book of the Law to - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. The Old Law was give by God Almighty to only those who had the blood of Jacob coursing through their veins. God excluded all those of Gentile birth from that agreement and this by His decree. undecided

So anyone of Gentile birth assuming he follows that law, either believes God is a fool or thinks it OK to follow it in vain. undecided

God may have told that to Joshua as He did everyone of His Old Covenant, but He gave us a different command in His New Covenant where He stated that He would teach us about Himself and write His Law on our hearts - Jeremiah 31 vs 31 - 34 undecided
Re: Bible Study by Kobojunkie: 6:57pm On Sep 07, 2021
NATUREOFPOETRY:
Never should you forget

2Tim.3.16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, (NIV)

It says All Scriptures... Old Testament or New
Are you trying to suggest that since All Scripture is inspired, we should ignore what God declared there in Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20, so we can continue to live in arrogance - believing God was somehow a fool for leaving Gentiles out of the Old Covenant Agreement - and in feigned ignorance of God's Truth? undecided
Re: Bible Study by NATUREOFPOETRY: 8:12pm On Sep 07, 2021
It is finished never meant all revelations were over. The apostles were still having revelations that confirmed everything Christ told them.

Heb.1.3 - The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.
Heb.1.4 - So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.
Heb.1.5 - For to which of the angels did God ever say, "You are my Son; today I have become your Father "? Or again, "I will be his Father, and he will be my Son"?

Kobojunkie:
Every thing about the New Covenant Law of the Kingdom of God was revealed by Jesus Christ and ratified while He was stil here on earth with us. undecided

All the laws, blessings, curses, details on the seal(s), promises etcetera were concluded, and ratified before Jesus Christ then declared, "It is finished", on the cross. undecided
Re: Bible Study by NATUREOFPOETRY: 8:14pm On Sep 07, 2021
To your own interpretation, how does 2Tim 3:16 paint God at that?
Kobojunkie:
Are you trying to suggest that since All Scripture is inspired, we should ignore what God declared there in Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20, so we can continue to live in arrogance - believing God was somehow a fool for leaving Gentiles out of the Old Covenant Agreement - and in feigned ignorance of God's Truth? undecided
Re: Bible Study by NATUREOFPOETRY: 8:17pm On Sep 07, 2021
Deut.30.20 and that you may love the LORD your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the LORD is your life, and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. (NIV)

So, how do we listen to God?

Kobojunkie:
Re: Bible Study by NATUREOFPOETRY: 8:19pm On Sep 07, 2021
For the Jews, God had a promise to fulfil to them. While that was on, God also had a plan for the world.

John.3.16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (NIV)
NATUREOFPOETRY:
To your own interpretation, how does 2Tim 3:16 paint God at that?
Re: Bible Study by Kobojunkie: 8:21pm On Sep 07, 2021
NATUREOFPOETRY:
It is finished never meant all revelations were over. The apostles were still having revelations that confirmed everything Christ told them.

Heb.1.3 - The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.
Heb.1.4 - So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.
Heb.1.5 - For to which of the angels did God ever say, "You are my Son; today I have become your Father "? Or again, "I will be his Father, and he will be my Son"?

"It is finished" meant the conclusion of the New Covenant agreement which God promised to bring to the World - Jeremiah 31 vs 31 - 34 , God's Law which you and I are called to live by - in continual submission and obedience to. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I was arrested few days after declaring myself an 'atheist' / Your Most Grievous Sin! Strictly For Honest Christians / Beyonce Portraying Herself As Mother Mary & Blue IV As Jesus [PHOTO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.