Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

Your Most Grievous Sin! Strictly For Honest Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Most Grievous Sin! Strictly For Honest Christians (2385 Views)

Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? / Let Us Be Honest- Life Is Both Meaningless And Purposeless / The Wrath Of God: Discussion About Hell - Strictly Christians Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Most Grievous Sin! Strictly For Honest Christians by shinystar(m): 4:41pm On Oct 04, 2007
This thread is only for honest Christians who feel strongly about putting the devil to shame.
Well, we all stumble in this race. Which do you consider the dirtiest sin you ever committed. Let us feel free please the word says to confess our sins to one another.,

As for me, It was sleeping with a lady who seduced me. Men, it hurts, even now. It took me months to forgive myslef and get on with the race.

What about you?
Re: Your Most Grievous Sin! Strictly For Honest Christians by Nellyf: 5:45pm On Oct 04, 2007
Mine was getting angry to the point of raising a stick to go and hit my dad. Thank God I didnt do it but it was the worst thing I ever did.
Re: Your Most Grievous Sin! Strictly For Honest Christians by toshmann(m): 9:52am On Oct 05, 2007
Doubting God each time the going gets real tough. . . . . undecided. . . . . . perhaps i still do cry
Re: Your Most Grievous Sin! Strictly For Honest Christians by Carlosein(m): 2:12pm On Oct 05, 2007
masturbation and fornication cry cry
Re: Your Most Grievous Sin! Strictly For Honest Christians by twitch(m): 2:46pm On Oct 05, 2007
Really my stumbling moments run thru many days,for God to be just and me justifiable thru grace n mercy. My stumbling moments run thru each day, lusts of the eyes, lust of the flesh,pride of life. Bt the most grieveous was FORNICATION, and i had to cry to the merciful God! Thank God for mercies, i know i ain't perfect,only in Christ am i made whole. I am just a sinner saved by grace,and how thankful i am for the Grace.
Re: Your Most Grievous Sin! Strictly For Honest Christians by twitch(m): 3:02pm On Oct 05, 2007
I av learnt from the leaning of the Holy Spirit,that everytime a Christian(born again) stumbles and falls,the devil does everything to make u condemn urself such that u cant get over the sin,bt the devil is a liar! Romans 8:1 says "there is therefore no condemnation,for we who are in Christ Jesus". He hasn't come to condemn(judge) the world yet,but to save the sinners in the world,that love Him. The time for condemnation will come when He returns.
Remember also what Jesus told the woman who was accused of adultery. When no man could cast a stone and had turned to leave,Jesus told her no man condemns you,neither do I, We need to break out of the mindset that once we stumble we are condemned! Because stumbling is not intentional,there get up when u stumble and get back in line,as a true soldier.We have been given all the power!(luke 10:19). We are overcomers in Christ (john 16:33)
Re: Your Most Grievous Sin! Strictly For Honest Christians by uf4oma(f): 10:09am On Oct 08, 2007
Rebellion. I knew I shouldn't have married him, but I did. And it ended in divorce.
Re: Your Most Grievous Sin! Strictly For Honest Christians by cgift(m): 10:08am On Oct 09, 2007
uf4oma:

Rebellion. I knew I shouldn't have married him, but I did. And it ended in divorce.

Oops! Sorry o.

The truth of the matter is; no one knows what sins are grievous and which are not. You will be surrised that bearing fals witness or just lying carries mor weight compared to fornication.
Re: Your Most Grievous Sin! Strictly For Honest Christians by lafile(m): 11:19am On Oct 09, 2007
@ Cgift.
Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

All sins carry the same penalty: Death. Sin, no matter how trivial it looks in our eyes, leads to eternal damnation. There is no big sin or small sin.
Re: Your Most Grievous Sin! Strictly For Honest Christians by cgift(m): 1:05pm On Oct 09, 2007
To my guy from festac,

Well, we might leave that to the theologians to prove. But also consider these categories :

[list]
[li]Sin against the Holy Spirit which the bibl says cannot be forgiven[/li]
[li]Other sins that do not fall into class A[/li]
[/list]

So there are classes of sin though the general submission is the scripture you quoted above.
Re: Your Most Grievous Sin! Strictly For Honest Christians by lafile(m): 9:49am On Oct 10, 2007
OK. but false witness and fornication all fall into one category. just wanted to make that clear. groove on.
Re: Your Most Grievous Sin! Strictly For Honest Christians by crazyT(m): 10:46pm On Oct 10, 2007
I am new to this thread but the dirtiest sin I ever committed is fornication, I am trying but the flesh is so weak and Eve's daughters are not making life easy for me. cry
Re: Your Most Grievous Sin! Strictly For Honest Christians by shinystar(m): 9:41am On Oct 11, 2007
Notice most sins bother on sexuality. Think there is something the devil is up to with this weapon.

I am getting blessed and want to say for every confessed sin, there is forgiveness. For every casting down, there is a lifting up. The essence is to put the devil to shame and say to his face, "I once failed but God rescued me. Now I am free from your yoke, heading to heaven and there is nothing you can do about it".

I am also shocked not many people have signed up. Could it be we are covering our sins or so pure they have no iniquities in them?

Let's just fire on!
Re: Your Most Grievous Sin! Strictly For Honest Christians by Udyro(f): 3:27pm On Sep 12, 2008
Na waoo, sha
the only sin i can see has been grievious is sinning against the Holy Spirit'. that is the most grievious sin ever.

others follows like 'sining against ur body, against ur neighbor, etc.

we all sins in every seconds. and cant remeber which is the MOST. but trying to analyse our mistakes and turning away from them is the best way. (abstinance of all sort)

Lets all use the only God's given words of life to resist these sins, which is God's Word, the Bible, by digging into it, searching out its principles as in Prov.2:1-9; Isa.48:17-18.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Pentecostal Pastors Prefer Expensive things / Water Crystals, Words, Thoughts And Music - Any Reflections For The Atheist? / Is Tithing A Spiritual Ponzi Scheme And Proof God Doesnt Exist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.