Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Requesting For Redeployment From HR - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Requesting For Redeployment From HR (8155 Views)

Requesting For Intership Training In An Architecture Firm / Journalist Vivian Ottih Suspended Indefinitely For Requesting Salary On Facebook / Nigeria’s Top 50 HR Professionals To Be Unveiled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Requesting For Redeployment From HR by jurgenkloppp: 10:05am On Sep 08, 2021
I have worked in a private engineering company for 6 years. I got in through their Graduate Trainee Program in 2015. On completion of my 1 year training, I was deployed to their Audit department despite being an Engineering graduate. I was shocked, dismayed and depressed as I didn't know how my career will pan out working in Audit department as an Engineering graduate.

Fortunately, I started my Masters in Engineering, few months after my deployment to Audit. This gave me some glimpse of hope and direction in my career as an engineer. I have completed my Masters in Engineering program, registered with the Nigerian Society of Engineers (MNSE), Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) and the Nigerian Institute of Power Engineers (MNIPE). Despite my professional qualifications in Engineering, I do not have hands-on experience in engineering despite being in an engineering environment.

I have spent 5 years in Audit department, of which largely I have not been fulfilled. I want to practise my profession and I also believe I will add more value to the company if redeployed to a Technical department.

Do you guys think approaching the HR to request for redeployment on the grounds that I believe I can add more value to the company is a good idea? If it is, How can I go about it? I will appreciate your suggestions and advice.

4 Likes

Re: Requesting For Redeployment From HR by Brunicekid(m): 10:15am On Sep 08, 2021
Of course, you can always approach the HR... Who told you that you can't? Please, try to communicate what you posted here on Nairaland to the HR, through the right channel to them WITH WISDOM... If not, you fit go tey for that audit department ooo!!!

3 Likes

Re: Requesting For Redeployment From HR by MrrGary: 5:02pm On Sep 20, 2021
undecided
Re: Requesting For Redeployment From HR by SecretReporter(f): 5:02pm On Sep 20, 2021
Third to comment but since I love showing gratitude, I want to use this opportunity to remind Buhari that he should wake up from the Dead and start working

3 Likes

Re: Requesting For Redeployment From HR by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 20, 2021
I'm here to learn ni o. If care is not taken, I may find myself in OP's shoes in few years.
Re: Requesting For Redeployment From HR by tradepunter: 5:03pm On Sep 20, 2021
Ok
Re: Requesting For Redeployment From HR by DoctorDree(m): 5:04pm On Sep 20, 2021
Many people just won book space
Re: Requesting For Redeployment From HR by Ewizard(m): 5:04pm On Sep 20, 2021
Re: Requesting For Redeployment From HR by PrinceOfLagos: 5:04pm On Sep 20, 2021
Inside life no be 5ive alive
Re: Requesting For Redeployment From HR by 900warriorz: 5:04pm On Sep 20, 2021
Hmmm....with all these degree, you should be a consultant by now shocked

1 Like

Re: Requesting For Redeployment From HR by complexBoss12: 5:05pm On Sep 20, 2021
undecided

The mind of an oyibo man is telling me to advise you thus:
"If they don't know how to use you, and if you're not happy resign or ask for a reassignment to your preferred field"

But the mind of Nigerian that has seen it all, said I should advise you thus:
"My brother, job hard to get for Naija o.
I would advise you take many things into consideration, the personality of the HR (less he/she takes ur complaint as insult, and fires you). More or less consider how dispensable you're, check if the company needs people in the department you want to move into, before you turn attention to yourself that you're not really qualified for the small position you're managing.
Think and pray hard before making the move, because half bread is better than pof pof"

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Requesting For Redeployment From HR by dondave61(m): 5:06pm On Sep 20, 2021
Imagine! Abeg what are you doing in audit department Biko??
Re: Requesting For Redeployment From HR by Hungarriman: 5:07pm On Sep 20, 2021
Re: Requesting For Redeployment From HR by Yankiss(m): 5:08pm On Sep 20, 2021
It will depend on the kind of company. You have to tread with caution. You said it's a private company. Before you go official with your request, approach a knowledgeable and dependable source - if possible, discuss with HR informally and only tender official letter at his advice. Do not sound bored with your current Audit job. Let HR understand you are cool with the job and have always put in your best. But you are curious to know if, with your Engineering degree, you would not prove even better in the department related to your education. Good luck.

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Requesting For Redeployment From HR by Freestainworld(m): 5:10pm On Sep 20, 2021
It is very possible and wise that you do that but in a very professional manner, don't try to force it on them, if finally they accept your request, congratulations, if they refuse, don't panic, just stay put to your current position and source for other opportunities outside, you have a bright future, you will make it.

2 Likes

Re: Requesting For Redeployment From HR by lekush(m): 5:16pm On Sep 20, 2021
When you wrote that you've worked in Audit department for 5 years, do you mean QA/QC department, because that's like the audit department for engineering environment? If it's QA/QC, it's actually a good career path too, but for someone who likes technical stuffs, you might find it very boring

5 Likes

Re: Requesting For Redeployment From HR by Sharon6(f): 5:17pm On Sep 20, 2021
Know that you'll be starting from the scratch and before you go formal with your application please make friends with your managers and stylishly ask them what can be done in such situation. All the best
Re: Requesting For Redeployment From HR by KillIgbohoN0W: 5:19pm On Sep 20, 2021
[s]
jurgenkloppp:
I have worked in a private engineering company for 6 years. I got in through their Graduate Trainee Program in 2015. On completion of my 1 year training, I was deployed to their Audit department despite being an Engineering graduate. I was shocked, dismayed and depressed as I didn't know how my career will pan out working in Audit department as an Engineering graduate.

Fortunately, I started my Masters in Engineering, few months after my deployment to Audit. This gave me some glimpse of hope and direction in my career as an engineer. I have completed my Masters in Engineering program, registered with the Nigerian Society of Engineers (MNSE), Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) and the Nigerian Institute of Power Engineers (MNIPE). Despite my professional qualifications in Engineering, I do not have hands-on experience in engineering despite being in an engineering environment.

I have spent 5 years in Audit department, of which largely I have not been fulfilled. I want to practise my profession and I also believe I will add more value to the company if redeployed to a Technical department.

Do you guys think approaching the HR to request for redeployment on the grounds that I believe I can add more value to the company is a good idea? If it is, How can I go about it? I will appreciate your suggestions and advice.
[/s]

You failed to adapt.

Instead of you to change career to the audit you are active in & get all the relevant certifications to it, you stubbornly continued to force yourself into Engineering despite the handwriting on the wall.

You cannot get a senior engineering role (with your firm or another firm) after 6 years working experience & I'm sure pride won't let you accept a graduate engineering role.

You don goof big time.

12 Likes

Re: Requesting For Redeployment From HR by lereinter(m): 5:19pm On Sep 20, 2021
SecretReporter:
Third to comment but since I love showing gratitude, I want to use this opportunity to remind Buhari that he should wake up from the Dead and start working

What kind of work do you expect?
Re: Requesting For Redeployment From HR by samguru(m): 5:21pm On Sep 20, 2021
Please what are you doing in the AUDIT department?

if it has something to do with any of these; project cost management, technical audit or quality control, OP continue and develop your career towards that path, if not just quietly leave the company to pursue your engineering career.

Besides, you working in Engineering firm is a plus to you as you are being exposed to engineering stuff everyday.

I am a graduate of physics, during my graduate training days,I was attached to HR/Admin department. I was very bitter because I have already started my Master in Info Tech.
Two years down the line, I just fell in love with HR/Admin works and today I am a Chartered Member of CIPM and also the HR/Admin Manager in the company I am working now.

In a nutshell, develop passion for what you are doing now and you will be happy with yourself later in life.

11 Likes

Re: Requesting For Redeployment From HR by Yankee101: 5:25pm On Sep 20, 2021
You'll be starting from scratch

If you don't mind that, approach a manager in engineering, tell him your dilemma and ask if he can request for you

Let an understanding manager within Audit know and agree to this, if not once one party says no, it won't fly.

Get both sides on the table and HR Will be a mere formality

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Requesting For Redeployment From HR by chloride6: 5:36pm On Sep 20, 2021
Lol...

You need to be intentional...

Maybe you didn't impress during the Graduate program hence you were posted to Audit instead of a core function..

It's not just about applying.

Na person you dey apply to...

Get a feel of the Managers you want to go to their department.

Start being their friends, scratch that, be their boy..

Close work early and enter their side...

Know the people well ..

Handle all their Audit issues well.

Let them know you are sound and capable if it not in engineering..

So interest in their work. Pick up spare task and do it diligently....

Start filling in for people who are going on leave ..

When an opening comes, you will naturally come to mind or maybe you'll get your dose of fulfillment and even become bored...

Above all, know that this may fail totally and you'll probably be stuck in Audit.

Bye .

4 Likes

Re: Requesting For Redeployment From HR by wunmi590(m): 5:50pm On Sep 20, 2021

Sure you can approach them and let them know, that's the reason they have the HR department to cater for such issue...

Wish you success
Re: Requesting For Redeployment From HR by kolakolex: 5:50pm On Sep 20, 2021
dondave61:
Imagine! Abeg what are you doing in audit department Biko??

What's is his job description in the audit department?

I just think they prefer to put d Engineer where calculations are involved; my thought
Re: Requesting For Redeployment From HR by AKWATGOLD1(m): 5:52pm On Sep 20, 2021
You can approach your HR but have a kind of paddy paddy talk with HR before you formalize in application.
Re: Requesting For Redeployment From HR by BIGNAME2020: 6:00pm On Sep 20, 2021
akseun:
Bro, all the best........
Foreign used Fujitsu AH40/G
Corei3
4GB Ram
320GB hard drive
DVD rom
Webcam
58k only
0:8:0:6:0:9:1:3:2:4:9

Location, pls.

I am interested.
Re: Requesting For Redeployment From HR by CrystalMax: 6:02pm On Sep 20, 2021
jurgenkloppp:

I made this move years back and I regret it now.
Don't force things bro, dance to the rythmn life is playing for you.
There is nothing wrong in developing yourself in this 'new' field you have found yourself. Sometimes God strategically position us for a future we have no clue about.
I regret leaving HR all in the name of I want to practise engineering 5years after. Build yourself in this new found path, it might be your escape route for a better life in years to come.
Your COREN et al are added advantage....they are not a waste.

3 Likes

Re: Requesting For Redeployment From HR by CrystalMax: 6:10pm On Sep 20, 2021
Moreso, you'd shine in audit department because you have an engineering background. You will outshine your peers in that department in a matter of time. You will be an outstanding technical auditor soon enough.

Audit department are usually filled with people with finance and accounting background, they hardly do technical audit well. Their judgement only gets better by long years of experience in an engineering firm.

You will be an outstanding auditor in no time.

Yes! Engineers can be auditors and HR professionals too. Dance to the rythmn bro. Don't put yourself in the box.
I hope you read this and make the best decision for yourself.

4 Likes

Re: Requesting For Redeployment From HR by professore(m): 6:11pm On Sep 20, 2021
jurgenkloppp:

you don't know if God is the one protecting you. Technical units are more risky sometimes.

1 Like

Re: Requesting For Redeployment From HR by Bngf: 6:29pm On Sep 20, 2021
Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Don’t Release Our Pay To LG Bosses; They’ll Spend It On Girlfriends – Ebonyi NUT / How Was The First Day Of Your Job? / What Does A Mechanical Engineer Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.