Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,607 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Ashraf Ghani Apologises To Afghans Says "I Could Not Make It End Differently" - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ashraf Ghani Apologises To Afghans Says "I Could Not Make It End Differently" (27292 Views)

Afghan President Ghani Arrives UAE With Family Members, Multimillion-dollar Loot / President Ghani Fled Afghanistan With 4 Vehicles, Helicopter Full Of U.S. Dollar / Afghan President Ghani Flees The Country Following Taliban Take-Over (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ashraf Ghani Apologises To Afghans Says "I Could Not Make It End Differently" by Mynd44: 5:20pm On Sep 08, 2021
I owe the Afghan people an explanation for leaving Kabul abruptly on August 15th after Taliban unexpectedly entered the city. I left at the urging of the palace security who advised me that to remain risked setting off the same horrific street-to-street fighting the city had suffered during the Civil War of the 1990s. Leaving Kabul was the most difficult decision of my life, but I believed it was the only way to keep the guns silent and save Kabul and her 6 million citizens.

Now is not the moment for a long assessment of the events leading up to my departure — I will address them in detail in the near future. But I must now address baseless allegations that as I left Kabul I took with my millions of dollars belonging to the Afghan people. These charges are completely and categorically false. Corruption is a plague that has crippled our country for decades and fighting corruption has been a central focus of my efforts as president. I inherited a monster that could not easily or quickly be defeated.

My wife and I have been scrupulous with our personal finances. I have publicly declared all my assets. My wife’s family inheritance has also been disclosed and remains listed in her home country of Lebanon. I welcome an official audit or financial investigation under UN auspices or any other appropriate independent body to prove the veracity of my statements here. My close aides are ready to submit their finances to public audit, and I would encourage and urge other former senior officials and political figures to do the same.

Throughout my life, I have firmly believed that the formula of a democratic republic was the only way forward for a sovereign, peaceful, prosperous Afghanistan. Throughout my service to my country, the boundaries of my actions have always been defined and guided by the 2004 Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. It provides the platforms for dialogue where our differences can be managed through give and take and persuasion, and where the acceptance of a common vision for the future can be deflned and embraced. Our Afghan tradition of Jirga and Shura is deeply egalitarian and participatory and can provide a platform for peaceful outcomes for the country moving forward.

I offer my profound appreciation and respect for the sacrifice of all Afghans, especially our Afghan soldiers and their families, through the last forty years. It is with deep and profound regret that my own chapter ended in similar tragedy to my predecessors — without ensuring stability and prosperity. I apologize to the Afghan people that I could not make it end differently. My commitment to the Afghan people has never wavered and will guide me for the rest of my life
https://twitter.com/ashrafghani/status/1435587942228140039

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ashraf Ghani Apologises To Afghans Says "I Could Not Make It End Differently" by platido(m): 5:25pm On Sep 08, 2021
After he has cash out his own...left the people to face the merciless lord (Taliban's)...fear human.

Same thing will happen in Nigeria with all these traveling of medical check up... after syphoning the money...carry their family members japa Uk and leave Una to Wail with Bandits and kidnapping
angry angry angry angry angry

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ashraf Ghani Apologises To Afghans Says "I Could Not Make It End Differently" by Risingblue008(m): 5:25pm On Sep 08, 2021
What's this buhari descendant saying?
Well
I don't blame him
After all
He who fights and runaway
Lives to fight ..... FIRE

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ashraf Ghani Apologises To Afghans Says "I Could Not Make It End Differently" by mytime24(f): 5:25pm On Sep 08, 2021
Mumu man

Coward
Re: Ashraf Ghani Apologises To Afghans Says "I Could Not Make It End Differently" by Campus4u(m): 5:26pm On Sep 08, 2021
Liar
You looted your country dry and that was why the people became in love with the Talibans without knowing the implications....
Re: Ashraf Ghani Apologises To Afghans Says "I Could Not Make It End Differently" by Winters23: 5:26pm On Sep 08, 2021
The useful idiot finally played his puppet master grin

Money and military might can never defeat the will of the people, don't let western propaganda of Taliban brutality fool you...

Afghanistan will be great without USA & UK

15 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ashraf Ghani Apologises To Afghans Says "I Could Not Make It End Differently" by Thinktwicemybro: 5:26pm On Sep 08, 2021
Coward. Afghanistan would have been together if they had not voted an old ailing man as president.

LESSON: NEVER ALLOW SICK OLD PEOPLE RULE OVER YOU

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ashraf Ghani Apologises To Afghans Says "I Could Not Make It End Differently" by JackWolfskin: 5:26pm On Sep 08, 2021
Ashraf the runaway.
First of his name.
The Chicken of Kabul.
Dollarised than Ganduje.
...but better than Tega and Boma.
Re: Ashraf Ghani Apologises To Afghans Says "I Could Not Make It End Differently" by Leerys54: 5:26pm On Sep 08, 2021

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ashraf Ghani Apologises To Afghans Says "I Could Not Make It End Differently" by 989900: 5:26pm On Sep 08, 2021
Corrupt coward.

2 Likes

Re: Ashraf Ghani Apologises To Afghans Says "I Could Not Make It End Differently" by lalajnr(m): 5:26pm On Sep 08, 2021
No need to apologize because all Islam are one even you apologizing(are happy about what's going on the maltreating because that's what their religion is teaching)Islam AKA religion of peace their missions is to make the world REST IN PIECE

I know say this asshole dey happy for where e dey wetin concern me we self for naija self they pass through many things for here because of their brothers here

I dey pray for coming of JESUS to quick so that all this rubbish go end soon

Say no to Religion Of Peace And Embrace Love the world need LOVE

3 Likes

Re: Ashraf Ghani Apologises To Afghans Says "I Could Not Make It End Differently" by InHeaven(m): 5:26pm On Sep 08, 2021
Boy, Don't bring Islam into this. Eat from your mama pot and sleep gently
Leerys54:
Islam is Bad

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ashraf Ghani Apologises To Afghans Says "I Could Not Make It End Differently" by mokoh(m): 5:26pm On Sep 08, 2021
Good
Re: Ashraf Ghani Apologises To Afghans Says "I Could Not Make It End Differently" by zedegit: 5:27pm On Sep 08, 2021
grin

You left to save your skin.
Re: Ashraf Ghani Apologises To Afghans Says "I Could Not Make It End Differently" by Rices39: 5:27pm On Sep 08, 2021
You tried

USA betrayed you

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ashraf Ghani Apologises To Afghans Says "I Could Not Make It End Differently" by drtee247(m): 5:27pm On Sep 08, 2021
sad
Re: Ashraf Ghani Apologises To Afghans Says "I Could Not Make It End Differently" by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 08, 2021
I came
I saw
I couldn't make it end differently.
Re: Ashraf Ghani Apologises To Afghans Says "I Could Not Make It End Differently" by Trailblazer1(m): 5:27pm On Sep 08, 2021
Save your apologies for Buhari cheesy

You still took advantage of the situation to stash 4 cars and a chopper with Dollars.

Thieving failure

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ashraf Ghani Apologises To Afghans Says "I Could Not Make It End Differently" by SenatePresdo(m): 5:27pm On Sep 08, 2021
He's Right Sha.
Re: Ashraf Ghani Apologises To Afghans Says "I Could Not Make It End Differently" by tundey4all(m): 5:27pm On Sep 08, 2021
after packing their money away with you
Re: Ashraf Ghani Apologises To Afghans Says "I Could Not Make It End Differently" by Rancherss50: 5:27pm On Sep 08, 2021
O lagbara o
Re: Ashraf Ghani Apologises To Afghans Says "I Could Not Make It End Differently" by pansophist(m): 5:27pm On Sep 08, 2021
The fear of taliban is the beginning of wisdom grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ashraf Ghani Apologises To Afghans Says "I Could Not Make It End Differently" by WibusJaga: 5:27pm On Sep 08, 2021

Respect! Reminds me of this...
My political ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian.

4 Likes

Re: Ashraf Ghani Apologises To Afghans Says "I Could Not Make It End Differently" by hybridblood07(m): 5:28pm On Sep 08, 2021
What exactly do the talibans want sef
Re: Ashraf Ghani Apologises To Afghans Says "I Could Not Make It End Differently" by ahnie: 5:28pm On Sep 08, 2021
Islamic Snoop Dogg.

You tried your best!
Re: Ashraf Ghani Apologises To Afghans Says "I Could Not Make It End Differently" by Jerryherd: 5:28pm On Sep 08, 2021
Shut up coward

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader / U.S. Companies Protest Trump’s Travel Ban / The World Is At Pivotal Moment - Antonio Guterres (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.