Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,300 members, 7,829,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

LPPC Shortlists 130 Lawyers For Award Of SAN Rank - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / LPPC Shortlists 130 Lawyers For Award Of SAN Rank (14549 Views)

LPPC Shortlists Adegboruwa, 13 Professors, Others For SAN Award / LASU VC, 30 Others Elevated To San Rank / Shocking Confession Of Malaysian Prison Executioner Who Has Executed Over 130 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LPPC Shortlists 130 Lawyers For Award Of SAN Rank by Chijeep(m): 7:46pm On Sep 08, 2021
k
Re: LPPC Shortlists 130 Lawyers For Award Of SAN Rank by Traplord09: 7:48pm On Sep 08, 2021
Well done ooooo oooo.. ooo

Re: LPPC Shortlists 130 Lawyers For Award Of SAN Rank by BrendanJo(m): 8:06pm On Sep 08, 2021
That list is not accurate, because my brothers from the far not are not conscripted. Interms of merit they are no where close.
mirinder:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/09/08/lppc-shortlists-130-lawyers-for-award-of-san-rank/

Re: LPPC Shortlists 130 Lawyers For Award Of SAN Rank by FLYFIRE(m): 8:07pm On Sep 08, 2021
Already preparing a team for Mr SAN F.K to steal for & defend APC in 2023.

Re: LPPC Shortlists 130 Lawyers For Award Of SAN Rank by techWriter1: 8:12pm On Sep 08, 2021
I no know Barrister PawPaw surname for dere shey e neva qualification for SAN...
Re: LPPC Shortlists 130 Lawyers For Award Of SAN Rank by ejimatic: 8:26pm On Sep 08, 2021
post=105621275:
Congratulations to them all.

This made us remember one of the greatest Nigerian that have ever lived.
GANI FAWEHINMI.....

For the young ones in the forum that really wanna know about the few good men our darling country has produced in the past,
The man Gani Fawehinmi is among the Top 3.
One of the few good men we have around that fought with their lives for the masses.

All of us @[b][/b] hereby present him to you in words and in pictures.

Should I be faced with a tussle between the rich and the poor, I will dig and dig, till I find the law for the poor!”....... Gani Fawehinmi.

Up until he actually started practising law, all Ganiyu “Gani” Oyesola Fawehinmi wanted was to be a successful lawyer.
But when he started practising in Lagos in 1965, he soon realised that he also wanted to affect the lives of everyday Nigerians and leave a legacy of impact. He did exactly that. 

Often representing those who couldn’t afford his services, Fawehinmi quickly became known as “the people’s lawyer,” taking on a great number of pro bono cases over the course of his career. 

Fawehinmi played the role of human rights campaigner for 40 years, constantly provoking over-mighty military rulers and defending their victims. His brushes with the authorities earned him frequent detentions and beatings.
His passport was confiscated several times, and on one occasion his books were seized and his library set on fire.

He believed in media freedom, contributed avidly to newspapers, and often took on journalists’ cases. Most notable of these was the still unsolved case of Dele Giwa, a magazine editor killed by a parcel bomb in 1986.
Fawehinmi sought to re-open the Dele Giwa case, and called on the present federal attorney general to be removed for his indifference to corruption; all from his sick bed. 

“Since independence, each successive government assumed power either by rigging elections or by military usurpation,'' he once said.
''Each rolled out tonnes of papers or promises only to settle down to the business, not of governance, but of serious looting, brigandage, perversion of values, ethnic politicisation, insensitivity, spurious economic and financial maladjustments, useless task forces.''

He died in 2009 after a long battle with cancer, still resilient as ever. 

Throughout their fighting for the common man, non of these great men below murdered or killed anybody, cos all lives matter to then,
Unlike some political sponsored animals brainwashing some jobless and foolish touts these days, turning them to murderers in broad day light. Brothers killing sisters in cold blood.

A picture speaks more than a thousand words....

If the truth wanna kill some people, let the die.
All of us @[b][/b] will continue to pepper some online hooligans and bandits with our daily TRUTH.
#BeLikeDemMANNA.

WE RISE.
. The bag in Fawehini hand was his detention bag.He was always ready to suffer for masses
Re: LPPC Shortlists 130 Lawyers For Award Of SAN Rank by Confirmedzombie: 8:27pm On Sep 08, 2021
Im so disappointed seeing South East dormante the list.

I reject this list and will file my complaint as required by law with a supporting affidavit against all the prospevtive SANs from the South East.

There is need for federal character to be applied here.

North and South West must dormante the list.

Enough of this marginalization of the North and South West.
Re: LPPC Shortlists 130 Lawyers For Award Of SAN Rank by seyz91(m): 8:37pm On Sep 08, 2021
cheesy
inoki247:
I no see Barrister PawPaw Name for dere shey e neva qualify for SAN...
Re: LPPC Shortlists 130 Lawyers For Award Of SAN Rank by tnerro1(m): 8:43pm On Sep 08, 2021
The same “SAN” that was given to AGF?
Re: LPPC Shortlists 130 Lawyers For Award Of SAN Rank by SATELLITENET: 9:44pm On Sep 08, 2021
Kogi joins the league of oil producing states in Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqQ6vfFWAh8
Re: LPPC Shortlists 130 Lawyers For Award Of SAN Rank by Iliya1520: 9:45pm On Sep 08, 2021
The entire judicial system in Nigeria is scam. All these SAN or whatever they called are not good, just gave them a particular case to see how they will go court and being playing with a grammar without a good result or solution.
Re: LPPC Shortlists 130 Lawyers For Award Of SAN Rank by Iliya1520: 9:48pm On Sep 08, 2021
Is only in Nigeria that its lawyers do not understand the constitution, it only in Nigeria that a one line in constitution has more than 10 interpretation by different lawyers.
Re: LPPC Shortlists 130 Lawyers For Award Of SAN Rank by Nobody: 10:18pm On Sep 08, 2021
post=105621275:
Congratulations to them all.

This made us remember one of the greatest Nigerian that have ever lived.
GANI FAWEHINMI.....

For the young ones in the forum that really wanna know about the few good men our darling country has produced in the past,
The man Gani Fawehinmi is among the Top 3.
One of the few good men we have around that fought with their lives for the masses.

All of us @[b][/b] hereby present him to you in words and in pictures.

Should I be faced with a tussle between the rich and the poor, I will dig and dig, till I find the law for the poor!”....... Gani Fawehinmi.

Up until he actually started practising law, all Ganiyu “Gani” Oyesola Fawehinmi wanted was to be a successful lawyer.
But when he started practising in Lagos in 1965, he soon realised that he also wanted to affect the lives of everyday Nigerians and leave a legacy of impact. He did exactly that. 

Often representing those who couldn’t afford his services, Fawehinmi quickly became known as “the people’s lawyer,” taking on a great number of pro bono cases over the course of his career. 

Fawehinmi played the role of human rights campaigner for 40 years, constantly provoking over-mighty military rulers and defending their victims. His brushes with the authorities earned him frequent detentions and beatings.
His passport was confiscated several times, and on one occasion his books were seized and his library set on fire.

He believed in media freedom, contributed avidly to newspapers, and often took on journalists’ cases. Most notable of these was the still unsolved case of Dele Giwa, a magazine editor killed by a parcel bomb in 1986.
Fawehinmi sought to re-open the Dele Giwa case, and called on the present federal attorney general to be removed for his indifference to corruption; all from his sick bed. 

“Since independence, each successive government assumed power either by rigging elections or by military usurpation,'' he once said.
''Each rolled out tonnes of papers or promises only to settle down to the business, not of governance, but of serious looting, brigandage, perversion of values, ethnic politicisation, insensitivity, spurious economic and financial maladjustments, useless task forces.''

He died in 2009 after a long battle with cancer, still resilient as ever. 

Throughout their fighting for the common man, non of these great men below murdered or killed anybody, cos all lives matter to then,
Unlike some political sponsored animals brainwashing some jobless and foolish touts these days, turning them to murderers in broad day light. Brothers killing sisters in cold blood.

A picture speaks more than a thousand words....

If the truth wanna kill some people, let the die.
All of us @[b][/b] will continue to pepper some online hooligans and bandits with our daily TRUTH.
#BeLikeDemMANNA.

WE RISE.
J

Why eulogize a great activist when you are in love with the daura tyrant.
Re: LPPC Shortlists 130 Lawyers For Award Of SAN Rank by clockwisereport: 2:40am On Sep 09, 2021
This is prince Orji Nwafor-Orizu's 15th time of applying to become a SAN. I hope and pray he gets it this time.

Dr Kathleen Ebelechukwu also applied last year but did not get it. I hope she gets it this time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Business Or Handiwork What Should I Do? / A Nairalander Needs You To Proffer Solutions Regarding Her Career Issues / Which Of This Skills Should I Learn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.