Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,033 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? (19972 Views)

What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher / My Encounter With A Teacher Turned Bricklayer / My Life As A Teacher. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by jackpot(f): 9:22am On Sep 09, 2021
Triplerg:
You spoil yourself with N500? Hmm I don't want to laugh
Some people are suffering in this country, without knowing it
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Ritateach: 9:46am On Sep 09, 2021
placeofallure:

What!
I am a subject teacher, not a class teacher.
I teach grades 4, 5, and 6 English Studies.
It's a private school with not more than 20 or thereabout in a class.
I earn 6 figures.
I engage in private practice too.
If your bargaining power is strong, you could charge 30 or 40k per child per month. Then the number of your side hustle depends on how much clients you can accommodate.
Personally, I don't do more than 3 side hustles for efficiency sake. If I coach your child privately, you must get value for your money.

God bless our every hustle.
please what state are you?
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 09, 2021
Peppysco:

My bank account is cool, I wonder if you can also say that about yours. Not everyone understands sarcasm, so, you need to work more on your humor
teasing random people on misspelt words..you call that sarcasm?
It was a humor only to you.
you’re sick in the head.

1 Like

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by placeofallure(f): 10:39am On Sep 09, 2021
Ritateach:
please what state are you?

Centre of Excellence
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by RosyIsBlessed: 10:46am On Sep 09, 2021
mrksquare:
The workload isn't much. Teach Just two classes : SS3 and SS2 Financial Accounting and earn above 100k. By next year I should be on level 12 if the insensitive Wike-led Government will elect to promote workers. I've been stagnant for 9years on same level.

Above 100k for which grade level?
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Issues40(m): 10:51am On Sep 09, 2021
Olasigun01:

that's manageable. I beg which school and in which state?
Main Grace group of schools. Lagos state
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Peppysco: 11:12am On Sep 09, 2021
Paxxcarl:
teasing random people on misspelt words..you call that sarcasm?
It was a humor only to you.
you’re sick in the head.

You have a problem ooo, serious one. The guy involved understood the sarcasm and you idiot is coming here to drink Panadol on another man's headache, you need to be checked ASAP.
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 09, 2021
Peppysco:

You have a problem ooo, serious one. The guy involved understood the sarcasm and you idiot is coming here to drink Panadol on another man's headache, you need to be checked ASAP.
the guy involved?
Check back who you quoted
Now I know you’re a deluded fool

1 Like

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by ebullient19(f): 11:33am On Sep 09, 2021
My mum has been a class room teacher for 20 years now and her salary has never reached #25k.
When I finished serving, mum adviced me to join her in her profession and I refused. Even in my next life I can't be a teacher

2 Likes

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Peppysco: 11:33am On Sep 09, 2021
Paxxcarl:
the guy involved?
Check back who you quoted
Now I know you’re a deluded fool

Take your L and leave, ain't got time for you no more. Have a good day
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 09, 2021
Peppysco:

Take your L and leave, ain't got time for you no more. Have a good day
pathetic

1 Like

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by crislyn(f): 12:29pm On Sep 09, 2021
Orente21:
All these certificates and experience u mentioned requires lot of money and we that dnt have anyone to support us except the 20k salary we r earning are hopeless.
Hahaha I was wondering how too o

2 Likes

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by ultimateprof: 12:59pm On Sep 09, 2021
15k for 11 subject, that is around 1300 per-subject. This is what the Bible called long suffering. To be sincere, you're not doing well!
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by preciousMI1(f): 1:46pm On Sep 09, 2021
JABAIDO:
I teach 11 subjects and I earn 15k monthly

[Breakdown of the subjects]
I teach Primary 3 and 4 students Mathematics and I teach JSS 1 to JSS 3 Maths, ICT and BST.

The relief for a while now is that after the JSS 3 students concluded their state exams, they haven't been coming to school.

As a teacher, what's your workload and pay range?

PS: I took advantage of a situation to request for an increase last month and 2k was added.....
If not for that, it's not deemed fit to be reviewed....

Tragic, guy you're a maths guru you deserve better. Have you tried tutorials in and out of school? I feel for you. What's your location?

1 Like

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by olamoses75(m): 3:42pm On Sep 09, 2021
OmovuduTheBeast:
How can you teach 11 subjects for 15k? Are you normal?
like seriously. It's either he's lying or have low self esteem. Even my younger sister teaches pry 5 two subjects and earn 18k per month, despite using OLEVEL to get the job. Many job seekers has low self esteem and that's why employers normally takes advantage of them. I would rather follow bricklayers to work than accept such embarrassing offer. 15k for 11subjects? Dey should kuku no pay na!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by GreaterFuture(m): 5:09pm On Sep 09, 2021
Mohamizy:
none for this job, well one of my student said she like the way I talk, I sound like Lucifer Morningstar. Your ACCENT HAS TO BE TIGHT
Pls, Let me DM you
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by JABAIDO(m): 7:44pm On Sep 09, 2021
olamoses75:
like seriously. It's either he's lying or have low self esteem. Even my younger sister teaches pry 5 two subjects and earn 18k per month, despite using OLEVEL to get the job. Many job seekers has low self esteem and that's why employers normally takes advantage of them. I would rather follow bricklayers to work than accept such embarrassing offer. 15k for 11subjects? Dey should kuku no pay na!
Lol. For what childish gratification would I be lying?
In fact I'm the one paid the most. The person teaching Nursery's 1 and 2 is receiving 9k!!
What's your sister's location?
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by JABAIDO(m): 7:48pm On Sep 09, 2021
preciousMI1:

Tragic, guy you're a maths guru you deserve better. Have you tried tutorials in and out of school? I feel for you. What's your location?
Thanks for your reply
I've not been able to get tutorials out of school
The one in school is a no-no. I can't kill myself
I stay in Osun State
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by JABAIDO(m): 7:55pm On Sep 09, 2021
Emmatik:

Salary 90k. Home lessons 120k. I charge 30k per child. I tutor 4 kids. Total 210k. I still hope to earn higher tho.

Location. Surulere, Lagos.
School is a medium populated school.

Keep grinding, bro. I wish you the very best.
Thanks for your words, boss.
Amen at bolded...
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 8:28pm On Sep 09, 2021
olamoses75:

My brother the thing surprise me o
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by pholu88(f): 8:57pm On Sep 09, 2021
Bro I dey here I need this job work tired tof private school work
mansoor093:

Bro teach me too
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by eniorisha(m): 9:39pm On Sep 09, 2021
I dislike many people who only come on a post like this to flaunt their earnings & rub it on d face of those earning much less. Yet they won't do anything to help d op nor other in salary slavery.

Well Osun state private schools are most slave pasture. I'm in Osun too. Here's my workload & earning.

PPA: Mon-Fri, average of 12 periods per week(12k)
2nd SCH: 3 days , a total of 5⅓ hours per week (7k)
3rd SCH: 2 days, a total of 4 hours per week (5k).

A total of 24k per month but these three schools only pay for two months:3rd-10th week. The rest two months' wages is in HEAVEN.

I hold a B.ED(English) from UNILAG.

I am open to any help dt may come my way. But accommodation first. If u can't help nor improve our situation, then don't worsen our cases pls
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by azizsystem(m): 9:44pm On Sep 09, 2021
preciousMI1 ost=105645671:

Hello dear. Apart from mathematics, I can also teach chemistry physics and biology very well. I just have this special talent for teaching and I always surely find a way to simplify complex scientific concepts into simpler and more understable pieces for the average student even though am just a bsc holder. I reside in Kano state but am open for better opportunities
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Dumte(m): 9:53pm On Sep 09, 2021
Here in the north private schools pay better than their southern states counterparts. I remember when I even begged for an 8k per month teaching job after my nysc year. And those people refused to give me the job because I'm not a member of their church.

But I had to summon courage and return to the north and a 42k maths teaching welcome me.

Not easy to be a man
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by olamoses75(m): 10:25pm On Sep 09, 2021
JABAIDO:

Lol. For what childish gratification would I be lying?
In fact I'm the one paid the most. The person teaching Nursery's 1 and 2 is receiving 9k!!
What's your sister's location?
u mean human being collecting 9k per month? I give up! My sister is in Abeokuta anyways
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by greatuzo(m): 12:40am On Sep 10, 2021
CalvinGaye:
Work as an online Teacher.

Earns BTW $3000 to $7000 monthly.
What does it take to an online teacher plz
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Kaka77(m): 7:08pm On Sep 11, 2021
It's the one organized by British Coucil for Cambridge curriculum.
quote author=MsBella post=105626875]
Hello Sir. I read through your comment and I would like to ask if the Cambridge certification you have is - TKT, CELTA or DELTA. I want to take the first 3 modules for TKT. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by MsBella: 9:05pm On Sep 11, 2021
Kaka77:
It's the one organized by British Coucil for Cambridge curriculum.
quote author=MsBella post=105626875]
Hello Sir. I read through your comment and I would like to ask if the Cambridge certification you have is - TKT, CELTA or DELTA. I want to take the first 3 modules for TKT.

Okay. Thanks for the reply.
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by tobeymichael16(m): 9:59pm On Sep 11, 2021
ozonechrome:

When i served i was paid same or less indeed. The poverty is unimaginable.can't remember for sure plus accommodation. I didn't mind because i was a corper.

But i know teachers in that school where receiving 10k per month as salary.

I couldn't understand how they managed that money. Break time they'll be eating biscuits smh.

There's poverty in Nigeria.
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Spherical77(m): 6:49pm On Sep 12, 2021
Emmatik:

Salary 90k. Home lessons 120k. I charge 30k per child. I tutor 4 kids. Total 210k. I still hope to earn higher tho.

Location. Surulere, Lagos.
School is a medium populated school.

Keep grinding, bro. I wish you the very best.
Bro please can you help me with a job in the school you tutor?
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by notmyrealmonika: 8:39pm On Sep 12, 2021
fortune1968:
lm not sure that you have any experience in teaching saying it is not number of subjects that matters but number of periods. May I say that both matters .Infact ,it is a bit better to have high number of periods than teaching many subjects . Do you know you have to read and prepare for class in every subjects if you go that way .? It is more mentally tasking teaching many subjects which is not even normal in any school .

I won't argue with you....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Tales And Woes Of A Typical Access Bank Teller / NIMC: Wrong Disengagement From Service / A Week In The Life Of An Anonymous Superstar Social Media Influencer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.