Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,089 members, 7,811,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? (19808 Views)

What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher / My Encounter With A Teacher Turned Bricklayer / My Life As A Teacher. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 4:05am On Sep 09, 2021
I'm surprised that teachers re earning below 40k in this economy. Especially in lagos

There are two secondary schools I work with that drivers earn 35k-40k monthly. The teachers mostly teach one subject and you cannot earn less than 45k if you are experienced.
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Judolisco(m): 4:40am On Sep 09, 2021
Almost took a 15k teaching job after nysc... D week wey I suppose resume na him I get better offer... If u spend like 1yr for huz u go take any offer... I was doing some other stuffs at home oh... But was still depressed for dat period
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by deltateam: 4:57am On Sep 09, 2021
JABAIDO:
I teach 11 subjects and I earn 15k monthly

[Breakdown of the subjects]
I teach Primary 3 and 4 students Mathematics and I teach JSS 1 to JSS 3 Maths, ICT and BST.

The relief for a while now is that after the JSS 3 students concluded their state exams, they haven't been coming to school.

As a teacher, what's your workload and pay range?

PS: I took advantage of a situation to request for an increase last month and 2k was added.....
If not for that, it's not deemed fit to be reviewed....

My only concern is how do you survive? Now you earn #17 000, is it your only source of income?

Where do you see yourself 5 years from now if you continue with same job? Your salary doesn't reflect current situation.
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by DeltaBachelor(m): 5:38am On Sep 09, 2021
Nikkganc08:
I once taught some kids during d Corona holiday.

The pay was 5k per month and I just needed it (at least to purchase toothpaste, bathing soap and other small stuffs like barbing hair).

Luckily, d place was like a 20 minutes trek from my house. So, I trekked everyday to save cost.

Once paid, the first thing I do is to remove 500naira from d money (for taking myself out and spoiling myself).

I usually buy a bottle of malt + 300naira goat meat.

Then start managing d rest .

All thanks to d day I stumbled on a nairaland thread by @Venzal.

A lot changed.

Although I'm not active with d copywriting he taught (for free) , i managed to figure other stuffs out.

Nowadays , its a taboo for a day to pass without me seeing at least 3k (without leaving my room).

It can be 3k, 5 or up to 10.

Yeah...

On lucky days, 15 - 50k at once.

But a day or two doesn't just pass without me seeing some cash.

I regret ever working as a lesson teacher.

Can't even do it for 40k monthly pay.

Its not worth my time
bro. Abeg , I am interested in that stuff that gives you daily income without leaving the house. Thank you
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Bobbyjay001(m): 5:44am On Sep 09, 2021
CalvinGaye:
Work as an online Teacher.
Earns BTW $3000 to $7000 monthly.
info and how?
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by nijanigga: 5:52am On Sep 09, 2021
Every jack and Harry is now teaching mathematics,,even to primary school pupils.,mathematics is more than ,additiona,subtraction,multiplication and division ,which is basically what primary school upto jss3 pupils and students are taught. .
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Bobbyjay001(m): 5:54am On Sep 09, 2021
@nikkganc08, please, send me the link to the venzal thread that changed your life.....help a friend.?save a life
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by nijanigga: 5:54am On Sep 09, 2021
DeltaBachelor:
bro. Abeg , I am interested in that stuff that gives you daily income without leaving the house. Thank you
Yahoo pluzzzz
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by mathefaro(m): 5:56am On Sep 09, 2021
The best advice is to take your business teaching online. That's one of the gift Covid-19 had given to teachers especially when you know your onions. All it requires is one big client, then the clientele will begin to grow based on referrals and recommendations. There was a time especially during the lockdown that I earned at much as 1k per hour for some online classes, classes where I don't even need to step out of bed. But the important thing is to be well grounded in whatever you teach.

It's neither pride nor arrogance, but I can confidently tell you that if I teach mathematics at any level, whether physical or online, they'll always want to come for more and won't have problems paying well.

2 Likes

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by placeofallure(f): 5:57am On Sep 09, 2021
JABAIDO:

I teach Primary 3 and 4 students Mathematics and I teach JSS 1 to JSS 3 Maths, ICT and BST.

The relief for a while now is that after the JSS 3 students concluded their state exams, they haven't been coming to school.

PS: I took advantage of a situation to request for an increase last month and 2k was added.....

What!
I am a subject teacher, not a class teacher.
I teach grades 4, 5, and 6 English Studies.
It's a private school with not more than 20 or thereabout in a class.
I earn 6 figures.
I engage in private practice too.
If your bargaining power is strong, you could charge 30 or 40k per child per month. Then the number of your side hustle depends on how much clients you can accommodate.
Personally, I don't do more than 3 side hustles for efficiency sake. If I coach your child privately, you must get value for your money.

God bless our every hustle.
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Dashlish12: 6:04am On Sep 09, 2021
Once paid, the first thing I do is to remove 500naira from d money (for taking myself out and spoiling myself).

A lot changed.

Although I'm not active with d copywriting he taught (for free) , i managed to figure other stuffs out.

Nowadays , its a taboo for a day to pass without me seeing at least 3k (without leaving my room).

Yeah...

I regret ever working as a lesson teacher. Bro please whats the scope u and at venza Work together? Wanna learn as well
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by gfon(m): 6:32am On Sep 09, 2021
[quote author=Nikkganc08 post=105623973]I once taught some kids during d Corona holiday.

The pay was 5k per month and I just needed it (at least to purchase toothpaste, bathing soap and other small stuffs like barbing hair).

Luckily, d place was like a 20 minutes trek from my house. So, I trekked everyday to save cost.

A lot changed.

Yeah...

Please can i send you a pm?
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by placeofallure(f): 6:37am On Sep 09, 2021
tobeymichael16:
I'm a corper posted to a Secretariat. But as work no dey Secretariat, I teach mathematics from jss1- ss2. I earn 10k.

A whole 5 classes?

This reminds me of when I was a corp member like you. I was to teach English from JSS 1 to 3, so I was doing that.
Later, the principal wan take style add Religion 1-3 to my workload, I no gree. E don tey wey I don get skushi for head. We fight am like crazy, I no gree o. Even the English, how many times I report for duty? Abegi!
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by jieta: 6:38am On Sep 09, 2021
halogate:
undecided undecided..God no go shame us!!
That year..

JS 1 - SS3 .. Computer Science
Js1- Js3.. Basic Tech
Ss1-3 .. Technical Drawing
Exam Officer
Salary 25k..( 7 good years )

We only receive salary first 2 months of every term..the remaining na carry over.
You've been in one place for seven years yet! No improvement.

You don't need any body to tell you to move before you move. It's common sense.
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Peppysco: 6:44am On Sep 09, 2021
Paxxcarl:
obviously a typo…
Now add that to ur bank account

My bank account is cool, I wonder if you can also say that about yours. Not everyone understands sarcasm, so, you need to work more on your humor
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by newdawn2017(f): 6:44am On Sep 09, 2021
Mohamizy:
I teach English online with cambly I earn 300-400 dollars per week, I decide my own schedule, I speak to students from South Korea, China, Brazil, turkey, Iraq, India etc. Fun job
ols help ur save gurl my lord!
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Nobody: 6:44am On Sep 09, 2021
I don tell am make him no let the proprietor know by default.
Life na sense him gat used him head na or els the 2k way them add join him salary them go remove am back.
77star:

Ah shocked
The proprietor go tender him matter for the whole community nah!
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by newdawn2017(f): 6:48am On Sep 09, 2021
Ashirioluwa:

Nairalanders
What a wicked man u re hahahahaha nor kih me with laugh abeg
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by ozonechrome: 6:50am On Sep 09, 2021
Olasigun01:

that's manageable. I beg which school and in which state?

55k is nothing.

Any job that pays less than at least 200k is not worth your time.

You could have used the time to learn a skill or trade. How do you you support yourself and family on these salaries with the inflation in Nigeria?
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by ozonechrome: 6:54am On Sep 09, 2021
tobeymichael16:
I'm a corper posted to a Secretariat. But as work no dey Secretariat, I teach mathematics from jss1- ss2. I earn 10k.

When i served i was paid same or less can't remember for sure plus accommodation. I didn't mind because i was a corper.

But i know teachers in that school where receiving 10k per month as salary.

I couldn't understand how they managed that money. Break time they'll be eating biscuits smh.

There's poverty in Nigeria.
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by bilaal29: 7:07am On Sep 09, 2021
Nikkganc08:

A lot changed.

Yeah...

Its not worth my time
A link to the thread please
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by laytoshtwo: 7:12am On Sep 09, 2021
Adekaka12345:

Teachers are truly suffering.

Teachers should be confident and learn about sales,If need be please relocate especially if you are good.l don't charge less than 10k per hour.lf you don't believe it,it is part of the problem,you can't get what your mind cant comprehend.You need God to favour you and connect you to the right people,it is important.lf you work in a school where the school fees is expensive and you are not paid well,don't collect trash from parent again as home lesson,if possible charge them more than your salary.

1 Like

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by OmoEpe(m): 7:13am On Sep 09, 2021
Rexymania:
grin double wahala for dead body grin angry

And the owner of dead body
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by fortune1968: 7:27am On Sep 09, 2021
notmyrealmonika:
It's not the number of subject that matters but the number of periods. You may be teaching 2 subjectsb but 34 periods in a week and 7 subjects with 15 periods a week.. Many private schools are modern slavery.. Excepth some missionary schools.. I think Catholic mission has the best reputation among them.....
lm not sure that you have any experience in teaching saying it is not number of subjects that matters but number of periods. May I say that both matters .Infact ,it is a bit better to have high number of periods than teaching many subjects . Do you know you have to read and prepare for class in every subjects if you go that way .? It is more mentally tasking teaching many subjects which is not even normal in any school .
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by mrksquare: 7:29am On Sep 09, 2021
Olasigun01:

That's manageable. I beg which school and from which state?

Rivers state
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Emmatik(m): 7:46am On Sep 09, 2021
JABAIDO:

Salary 90k. Home lessons 120k. I charge 30k per child. I tutor 4 kids. Total 210k. I still hope to earn higher tho.

Location. Surulere, Lagos.
School is a medium populated school.

Keep grinding, bro. I wish you the very best.

1 Like

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Coldie(m): 8:11am On Sep 09, 2021
I once went for an interview they told me as a bsc holder that they will pay me 25k as teacher I just look them
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by seglabsy(m): 8:40am On Sep 09, 2021
CalvinGaye:
Work as an online Teacher.
Earns BTW $3000 to $7000 monthly.
how? whatsapp me on 08032432089
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by boroskyuyo: 9:07am On Sep 09, 2021
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by johnikwoyi: 9:11am On Sep 09, 2021
[quote author=Kaka77 post=105624635][/quote]
I emailed you,please can u reply
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Anwons(m): 9:12am On Sep 09, 2021
Nikkganc08:

A lot changed.

Yeah...

Its not worth my time

Could you throw more info on this pls? Interested!
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Nikkganc08(m): 9:13am On Sep 09, 2021
bilaal29:

A link to the thread please

I'm not here to advertise or promote anything.

From my post, figuring things out should be easy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerian Graduates Dread (or Is It Hate) Marketing/sales Jobs? / Can A 35 Year Old Still Get Appointment Into Federal Civil Service / 20 Ways To Be Indispensable At Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.