Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,105 members, 7,814,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car (43128 Views)

Abuja To Delta: I Didn’t Steal Car, Only Test-Driving – Suspect / Man Laments As Hoodlums Destroy His Car, Steal Car Parts (Video) / Robber Who Tried To Steal Car Near Diamond Bank In Awka Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by HenryThegreat1(m): 5:39am On Sep 09, 2021
A medical doctor, Morenikeji Oluwaniyi, has been reportedly strangled by a four-man gang in the Abule Egba area of Lagos State.

The 27-year-old was said to have converted his Toyota Corolla to a Uber ride to raise money for his sustenance.

PUNCH Metro gathered that one of the hoodlums, identified only as Ahmed, requested to be conveyed to Ikeja around 10pm on Sunday.

The suspect was said to have been joined by three other members of the gang.

As the vehicle got to the Underbridge area in Abule Egba, the hoodlums reportedly pounced on him and strangled him.

After perpetrating the crime, Ahmed and his accomplices were said to have dumped the victim’s corpse on the ground and fled with the car.

Oluwaniyi’s girlfriend, Adeola Adesanwo, who was with him when he confirmed Ahmed’s request for the ride, said she became worried when his number was not reachable, adding that she tracked his car to a mechanic’s workshop on Oyadeyi Close, Abule Egba.

She said, “After tracking the car to that location, I noticed that the number plate of the car and the tyres had been removed. I went to report at the Meiran Police Station. Some policemen followed me to the scene and we picked up the mechanic and one of the culprits.

“At the station, they told us that the trip was a set-up, as they had planned to rob any Uber driver and it was unfortunate that it had to be him. They did not even give him an option; they strangled him from the back seat, pushed him out of the car and drove to the Afrika Shrine to celebrate.

“They took us to where the crime was committed at the Underbridge in Abule Egba and that was where we found his corpse. They could have asked for the car and he would have dropped it because he was a medical doctor who cherished life.”

Adesanwo explained that the victim was supposed to resume a new job a day after he was killed, adding that his family members had been contacted.

She said, “Oluwaniyi just got a medical job and was supposed to resume at 8am on Monday; he accepted to do the trip so he could have extra cash at hand when he resumes.

“He left the house around 10.20pm and by 12 midnight, his phone was switched off and he didn’t return home. When he was still not reachable, I called the company he got the car from and they had already implanted a tracker in the car. The company assisted in tracking the car to the address where it was found.”

The state Police Public Relations Officer, CSP Adekunle Ajisebutu, in a statement on Wednesday, said detectives attached to the Meiran Police Division arrested three suspects in connection with the crime.

He said, “The suspects, Rilwan Nasiru, 27; Sodiq Taiwo, 23 and Oladimeji, 20, booked a Uber service online, lured the driver to the Meiran area and strangled him. The suspects, after the dastardly act, dumped his body on the Abule Egba Bridge, along the Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway and made away with his Toyota Corolla saloon car.

“Following a report by the victim’s fiancée at the police station on September 6, detectives immediately put in motion investigation mechanisms which led to the arrest of the suspects in their criminal hideouts, and recovery of the stolen car.”
https://punchng.com/passengers-strangle-lagos-doctor-turned-uber-driver-steal-car/

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by Nobody: 5:42am On Sep 09, 2021
Hmm
Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by aycapri(m): 5:45am On Sep 09, 2021
This is bad

84 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by mushystuff: 5:46am On Sep 09, 2021
How unfortunate! I hope they never know peace nor experience any freedom till they draw their last breaths! What wickedness!
Imagine a medical doctor having to turn his vehicle to uber even for one day! If Nigeria didn't happen to him he might never have had such a gruesome, fatal experience.

God rest his soul and comfort those left behind

362 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by xpressionx(m): 5:51am On Sep 09, 2021
Uber and Bolt drivers have turned to endangered species all because of that 2003 to 2007 toyota corolla model.
Police dey pursue you
VIO dey pursue you
Lastma dey pursue you
Roadsafety dey pursue you
Agbero dey pursue you
Thief/armed robber dey pursue you.
All these ontop one person head.
The street ain't funny man

267 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by benuejosh: 5:51am On Sep 09, 2021
May God continue to protect us daily.

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by Bornsinner7: 5:52am On Sep 09, 2021
Things are happening.. Damn!!

Squeeze the life out of the young man and then go to celebrate like it was a successful multimillion business trip..

Those boys deserve a painful death one after the other.. slowly let them watch each other die..

Wickedness

209 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by EmperorTolson: 5:52am On Sep 09, 2021
What baffles me most is the age of those suspect, 27, 23 and 20.
What'd have push those young lad into this.
Heart of many people are evil.

108 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by Xhuntra: 5:52am On Sep 09, 2021
Only if Buhari agreed to the terms of the resident doctors, the young doctor won't be outside hustling to make ends meet as a driver. So I blame it wholly on him

116 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by McOluOmo: 5:53am On Sep 09, 2021
Baaahhhdddd creation

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by GlorifiedTunde(m): 5:53am On Sep 09, 2021
OMG! embarassedl

Even criminals should set rules and have some dignity.

Ever heard of "Thieves with honour"?

You can't just be dispossessing hardworking people of their hard earned possessions and still kill them on top.

If crime will reduce in this country, the government will pass a quick death penalty on people like this and those stealing in government!

94 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by ecomalchemist(m): 5:53am On Sep 09, 2021
Going out and coming back alive is very underrated in this part of the world where everything is against you.

Omo boy say make he put mob for road to gather funds for survival, stupid bastards from the pit of hell cut short his life.

Rest easy brother, you played your part.

Nothing grows in Nigeria, not even facial hair

Nigeria will kill you, Nigeria will frustrate you.

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by gambia(m): 5:53am On Sep 09, 2021
Wickedness has become order of the day. May his soul rest in peace

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by weyreypey: 5:53am On Sep 09, 2021
So sad. May God heal the family and girlfriend. one of the reasons why you shouldn't undertake a task less than your status in life. And if you must.... ensure it's not extraneous.

Why kill because you want to rob?

2 Likes

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by justdogitto: 5:54am On Sep 09, 2021
shocked
Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by OBALOLA55(m): 5:54am On Sep 09, 2021
SO MANY EVIL IN THIS BINHARI’S MILITARY REGIME angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by Ogbuu101: 5:54am On Sep 09, 2021
Yoruba muslims.
Instead of hawking's gala,they prefer sharp sharp like omo onile, owo mi da,SKULLarship etc

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by Nobody: 5:55am On Sep 09, 2021
Wickedness at its peak.

What shall it profit a man to kill a fellow man because of a Toyota Corolla and spend the rest of your life in jail.
3 friends ganged up to kill a breadwinner
I weep for the Nigerian Govt and her youth.

Recently i was coming from that law school axis, where i went to fix my wife's computer at saka Tinubu with a friend. I decided to slow down when i saw a bunch of people standing at the busstop hoping to get home but nothing to convey them.

I decided to break one of my rules. i slowed down, hoping to give maybe two lucky chap a lift to my destination. Omo, as i turn back my see people weh i want help, na 3 hefty black built guys.
Muscles every where, i shock!!

I innocently asked if they are heading towards my destination and alighting same place . Behold in one voice, they answered "we are together". Yeeeàayyyy!

Together bawo!!

I just politely ask them to come down and gently drove off, before those men go strangle me from the back.
Nowadays helping or doing business with anyone in naija, one got to be extremely careful.

141 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by psychologist(m): 5:55am On Sep 09, 2021
Medical doctor, still doing Uber

This country hard abeg

Rip Doc. Your only sin is to be born a Nigerian

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by ishowdotgmail(m): 5:55am On Sep 09, 2021
This country isn’t safe for any soul. We’re living in hell

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by Dozie32(m): 5:55am On Sep 09, 2021
Chai some kind people dey mean oooo! Why should you do such a thing to someone that is looking for ends meet? You people shall never go unpunished.

25 Likes

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by overdrive(m): 5:56am On Sep 09, 2021
Medical doctor doing uber Only in Nigeria.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by Awesomeking: 5:56am On Sep 09, 2021
This is sad, its good the criminals were caught
.. I know in my heart that if the company hadn't implanted a tracker in the car and if the girlfriend wasnt so caring, those guys would have gotten away with it.. By the time nigerian police open his file.. It will be 3 weeks from now

26 Likes

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by drkay(m): 5:58am On Sep 09, 2021
Oh my God!
Nigeria has become very unsafe at this time. May God continue to protect us.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by timefarm(m): 5:58am On Sep 09, 2021
This is really bad.
How on earth can these young wicked men do this?

After years of study, to enjoy just a little, you didnot allow.

I am not a fan of death penalty but in this case, I have no problem with it for them.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by TooMuchStuff: 5:59am On Sep 09, 2021
Fulani n Yoruba Moslems.....again

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by Belcon(m): 5:59am On Sep 09, 2021
Please kill this MF instantly no jail terms

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by LongDD80(m): 6:00am On Sep 09, 2021
Ah undecided I don't know how people feel to kill their fellow being I swear I see such people as mental disorderly fellow.

Meanwhile!!
DO YOU KNOW THAT UNTREATED AND MISTREATED INFECTION CAN LEAD TO INFERTILITY IN MEN AND WOMEN? HAVE YOU BEEN SUFFERING FROM ANY KIND OF INFECTIONS OR GROWTH INSIDE YOUR BODY SUCH AS:

Uterine Fibroid (Intramural Fibroid, Submucosal Fibroid or Subserosal Fibroid).

Staphylococcus (STAPH)
Gonorrhea
vaginal Yeast Infection
Trichomoniasis
Vaginitis:
Gardnerella
Norovirus
Streptococcus (e.t.c)

AND ALL KINDS OF TOILET INFECTIONS? Get rid of the infection using our number 1 herbal product.

Stop managing infections, crush that Chronic and STUBBORN infection and Growth that refused to go and enjoy GOOD health within 2weeks. You are just a PHONE Call away to your permanent Solution.
Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by Eteka1(m): 6:00am On Sep 09, 2021
Sad!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Cable Thief Electrocuted While Trying To Steal From A Transformer In Lagos (Pics / Cultists Gang-rape Rivers Pastor’s Wife To Death / Sokoto Police Rescue 12-Year-Old Girl Caged And Starved For 8 Months (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.