Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,600 members, 7,816,492 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Prospa Raises $3.8 Million In Pre-Seed Round - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Prospa Raises $3.8 Million In Pre-Seed Round (14485 Views)

Payhippo Raises $3 Million In Seed Funding To Extend Quick Loans To SMEs / Nigerian API Startup, Onepipe Secures $950,000 Pre-seed Funding / One Of China’s Richest Families Just Gave Their 24yr Old Son A $3.8 Billion Gift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prospa Raises $3.8 Million In Pre-Seed Round by yorubakid: 8:58am On Sep 09, 2021
Nigerian fintech startup, Prospa has closed a $3.8 million pre-seed round.

The investors in the round include VCs like Global Founders Capital and Liquid 2 Ventures. Founders of global fintech like Mercury’s Immad Akhund, Karim Atiyeh of Ramp, and executives from Teachable, Square, Facebook, and Nubank also participated in the round.

Launched in 2019 by Frederik Obasi, Chioma Ugo, and Rodney Jackson-Cole, Prospa is a technology company building the operating system for African entrepreneurs and businesses.

Alongside providing banking services, Prospa offers invoicing tools, inventory management, employee and vendor management, an e-commerce store, and payroll features.

“Banking is just a little part of what we do. We know we’re put into the neobank category, but we see our product as 10% banking and 90% software. So, the experience is very much different from what you’d get from a neobank and the use case for Prospa users is quite different,” Frederik Obasi told Techcrunch.

https://nairametrics.com/2021/09/08/deal-nigerian-fintech-startup-prospa-raises-3-8-million-pre-seed-round/

27 Likes

Re: Prospa Raises $3.8 Million In Pre-Seed Round by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 09, 2021
Never heard of them

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prospa Raises $3.8 Million In Pre-Seed Round by iscom(m): 9:06am On Sep 09, 2021
The person above me.. Two of us will share the money equal. Na the same time we comment ooo. Up Prospa

21 Likes

Re: Prospa Raises $3.8 Million In Pre-Seed Round by youngscholar(m): 9:06am On Sep 09, 2021
Nice.

It will be better if Edtech startup gets similar funding because I also have one that needs funding.

Nice anyways.

6 Likes

Re: Prospa Raises $3.8 Million In Pre-Seed Round by OBTMOS(m): 9:07am On Sep 09, 2021
Good
Re: Prospa Raises $3.8 Million In Pre-Seed Round by sofeo(m): 9:07am On Sep 09, 2021
Ok.

1 Like

Re: Prospa Raises $3.8 Million In Pre-Seed Round by sam564: 9:07am On Sep 09, 2021
the pressing need of mine couldn't let me focus... na who get food chop go reason way forward....

by the way, gudmorning nairalanders, I realy need ur financial help to solve urgent want of man as a await the resumption of my school which I applied for... anything atall will sustain me... God bless u all

4 Likes

Re: Prospa Raises $3.8 Million In Pre-Seed Round by money121(m): 9:07am On Sep 09, 2021
Ok
Re: Prospa Raises $3.8 Million In Pre-Seed Round by Womanizer(m): 9:07am On Sep 09, 2021
Good
Re: Prospa Raises $3.8 Million In Pre-Seed Round by PresidentAtiku(m): 9:08am On Sep 09, 2021
Smart youths using their God given brain for legit stuff.

Not people like Slawomir and every other Nigerian youth wasting their lives doing yahoo. Wicked demons

Legit money is bae abeg

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Prospa Raises $3.8 Million In Pre-Seed Round by Sunnybay7: 9:08am On Sep 09, 2021
Commendable, really nice.
Re: Prospa Raises $3.8 Million In Pre-Seed Round by angelfallz(m): 9:08am On Sep 09, 2021
how many Fintechs would nigeria have biko nu?

We need more agricultural technology (Agritech)

And it is mostly Southerners that are rushing into this fintech of a thing and ignoring agriculture. Yet we the same southerners start frothing at the mouth when the north decide to ban the sale of food items to the south.

Fintech companies in Nigeria by Nigerians
Paystack
Flutterwave
Piggyvest
eTransact
Interswitch
Remita
Paga
Kuda bank
Cellulant
Abeg
And many more

Agritech companies in Nigeria by Nigerians

Farmcrowdy
Groupfarma
Farmkart
Thrive Agric
Ezfarming
Payfarmer

It is good there are some agritech in Nigeria by Nigerians. But it obvious with the agricultural products we import that we need more agritech to boost our agricultural sector and achieve food sufficiency and security in our country.
If people are hungry no development can take place.

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Prospa Raises $3.8 Million In Pre-Seed Round by Kobicove(m): 9:08am On Sep 09, 2021
Na corner eye I take dey look dem for now undecided

1 Like

Re: Prospa Raises $3.8 Million In Pre-Seed Round by 111GlassCup: 9:08am On Sep 09, 2021
Impressive.. especially the e-commerce sector

1 Like

Re: Prospa Raises $3.8 Million In Pre-Seed Round by Komu1048(m): 9:10am On Sep 09, 2021
Ok, congratulations
Re: Prospa Raises $3.8 Million In Pre-Seed Round by Teewhy2: 9:10am On Sep 09, 2021
Nigerians are really blessed, it's the situation of the country that doesn't allow many to think well.

Do you need to do a roof parapet?
Are you building on a water logged land?
Try to reduce your building load with the use of polystyrene material.
Get to know more by clicking below.

https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene/21

4 Likes

Re: Prospa Raises $3.8 Million In Pre-Seed Round by Klchnjoku: 9:10am On Sep 09, 2021
I hope the fintech will last for long in Nigeria, cos it seems the only innovation now for Nigerian's in the tech sector is fintech.

It's gradually getting saturated, diversification would make sense.. almost everybody who has interest in tech business has interest majorly in fintech.

11 Likes

Re: Prospa Raises $3.8 Million In Pre-Seed Round by Saskay44: 9:11am On Sep 09, 2021
Ok
Re: Prospa Raises $3.8 Million In Pre-Seed Round by MadeinAso: 9:11am On Sep 09, 2021
I will start my Own Fintech company too

3 Likes

Re: Prospa Raises $3.8 Million In Pre-Seed Round by Franzinni: 9:11am On Sep 09, 2021
How do they get this investors biko ... I have tech ideas but don't know how to get the ears of those that can invest ... I am very ignorant when it comes to things like that but I know who ask question no dey loss

Abeg anybody
Re: Prospa Raises $3.8 Million In Pre-Seed Round by jaxxy(m): 9:12am On Sep 09, 2021
The government and cbn won’t be happy with this news. Always out to frustrate startups especially Fintech.

Klchnjoku:
I hope the fintech will last for long in Nigeria, cos it seems the only innovation now for Nigerian's in the tech sector is fintech.

It's gradually getting saturated, diversification would make sense.. almost everybody who has interest in tech business has interest majorly in fintech.

If they are not replicating or offering thesame services there shouldn’t be any problems bt even if they are it then comes down to healthy competition which might benefit customers more.

4 Likes

Re: Prospa Raises $3.8 Million In Pre-Seed Round by humilitypays(m): 9:13am On Sep 09, 2021
cool
Re: Prospa Raises $3.8 Million In Pre-Seed Round by Raph82(m): 9:13am On Sep 09, 2021
The niche will soon cast. Nigerians only know how to do one business. Once they see this news now, u'll see everyone flying Fintech companies here and there, it will then become mess. We abuse virtually anything in Nigeria

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prospa Raises $3.8 Million In Pre-Seed Round by humilitypays(m): 9:13am On Sep 09, 2021
Franzinni:
How do they get this investors biko ... I have tech ideas but don't know how to get the ears of those that can invest ... I am very ignorant when it comes to things like that but I know who ask question no dey loss

Abeg anybody
having an idea is not enough, you need to Kickstart it, form a group of fellow startup entrepreneurs, enter market, and then use the figures to canvass for investors.

Profile of the startup team also matters. Where have they worked previously, what solution is the startup offering that others aren't. How has it been accepted by the target market, etc

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prospa Raises $3.8 Million In Pre-Seed Round by donestk(m): 9:15am On Sep 09, 2021
How do i get investors for my tech startup errands.ng?

---
errands.ng® - Nigeria’s largest online marketplace to get things done quickly. Post errands, receive offers from people and award the task to someone. Learn more: https://errands.ng

4 Likes

Re: Prospa Raises $3.8 Million In Pre-Seed Round by SchoolGate: 9:15am On Sep 09, 2021
Good for them.

As the best web developer in Nigeria I started my company on zero budget and now I'm counting 7 figures cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prospa Raises $3.8 Million In Pre-Seed Round by iampeterben(m): 9:16am On Sep 09, 2021
You wanna prosper join prospa.
Re: Prospa Raises $3.8 Million In Pre-Seed Round by BennyDGreat: 9:19am On Sep 09, 2021
angelfallz:
how many Fintechs would nigeria have biko nu?

We need more agricultural technogoly (Agritech)

I agree. There's need for diversification.
Bandwagon too much for Naija

4 Likes

Re: Prospa Raises $3.8 Million In Pre-Seed Round by thatsleepboy1: 9:21am On Sep 09, 2021
Okay.
Re: Prospa Raises $3.8 Million In Pre-Seed Round by DoggoneDogg: 9:21am On Sep 09, 2021
Once a Nigerian blows in any sector, other Nigerians will join in & bastardize it till its worthless.

...............................................................................................
Agbani won Miss World & every Naija girl became a model
Tuface blew up and every Nigerian family had an upcoming artiste
Linda Ikeji blew up her blog & every Nigerian became a blogger
Mikel blew up and every Nigerian boy became a footballer
Kingblackhoc became a IndecentStar now every olosho & yahoo boy don turn IndecentStar
Paystack blew and every Nigerian developer became a startup CEO

Na wa!!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Business Can I Start With 1 Million Naira? / How I Intend To Make Side Money In 2019 / OctaFX's Report Sheds Light On The State Of The FOREX Industry In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.