Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,569 members, 7,820,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Please Help, I Need Go Back To Nigeria. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please Help, I Need Go Back To Nigeria. (2560 Views)

Help!!!! I Got My Usa Visa / Help, I Need Two Nigerian Passport! / Please Help! I Need A Us Visa Appointment Date Asap! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help, I Need Go Back To Nigeria. by idoekiti: 12:02pm On May 24, 2011
Dear All,
I am here on visiting. I lost my passpot, alongside a few personal belongings, on the tube. I immediately reported to the police and got a police report. Gradually my return date is getting nearer. And I do not want to miss the ticket as I, nor my inlaws have the money to buy fresh ticket.
I was advised to visit the Nigerian Embassy, where I was told that apart from the police report I need to bring proof of address, my immigration status in the UK etc. How do I get a proof of address ina country I am visiting? They insisted it has to be in my name. Moreover, I have no copy of my visiting visa on me. I have requested my birth certificate from Nigeria.
I am appealing to you good people to advise on how to go about this. I have just a few days to the expiration of my return ticket.
Thanks
Re: Please Help, I Need Go Back To Nigeria. by r231(m): 12:07pm On May 24, 2011
try to extend your ticket for starters if you only have few days left
Re: Please Help, I Need Go Back To Nigeria. by idoekiti: 12:12pm On May 24, 2011
OK. Thanks I will try that first. However, I am limited by the days I can stay out of Nigeria, due to business and family commitments.
Re: Please Help, I Need Go Back To Nigeria. by anfanio: 1:21pm On May 24, 2011
Try and get a copy of your travel itinerary - that shows your arrival date and sworn affidavit from your host for address. If you have a copy of your visa, let somebody send it to you by email.
Re: Please Help, I Need Go Back To Nigeria. by emmabuge: 3:17pm On May 24, 2011
@Idoekiti

All i can wish you is that you should try to extend your ticket trust me i was once in your shoe. and mine was worse than your. just got back from Dubai last week after Six month but it was terrible. Well all the best
Re: Please Help, I Need Go Back To Nigeria. by reindeer: 10:36pm On May 24, 2011
Contact the UK border agency and give them the date you arrived, the airport and the airline, they can give you a copy of your travel document and make a letter to the Nigerian embassy for you. Not that difficult.
Re: Please Help, I Need Go Back To Nigeria. by idoekiti: 1:08pm On May 25, 2011
@reindeer, seems not as easy as you suggested here. The person who picked the call @ UKBA said I should contact my country embassy.
Re: Please Help, I Need Go Back To Nigeria. by fireline: 6:03pm On May 26, 2011
Are you going to pay your own return air fare.
Or do you expect UK tax payers to pay for you!
Just go to UKBA and ask for return home to nija.
You may get 2yr ban
but then you will be legal again.
Re: Please Help, I Need Go Back To Nigeria. by justwise(m): 7:51pm On May 26, 2011
fireline:

[b]Are you going to pay your own return air fare.
Or do you expect UK tax payers to pay for you![/b]Just go to UKBA and ask for return home to nija.
You may get 2yr ban
but then you will be legal again.

Come on!! don't be silly, did he ask ur bloody tax payers to pay for his return ticket? What a silly cow.
Re: Please Help, I Need Go Back To Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 26, 2011
Heyaaa, but why did you go out with your passport now??
Its better you contact them again like they suggested because i watched some scenarios on Uk border programme on where some visitors were making excuses of losing their passport , and they were STILL considered as overstayers.
I feel for you !. undecided
Re: Please Help, I Need Go Back To Nigeria. by OmoTier1(m): 4:35pm On May 27, 2011
this ought not to be an issue,
you have taken the first step by reporting to the police. Next, contact the airline you booked your return ticket with to possibily extend it.

Then contact the UKBA and they will give you directions to follow. As for your passport, you need to get the Nigeria House in London to sort that out for you.

Please be aware that the UKBA are very much aware that many cheats (some from nigeria unfortunately) use this same story line to try to prolong thier stay in the UK and obviously the UKBA will use the 'big ban' hammer if you fail to pursue the matter with all sincerity.
Re: Please Help, I Need Go Back To Nigeria. by Vicjustice: 10:38am On Jun 01, 2011
idoekiti:

Dear All,
I am here on visiting. I lost my passpot, alongside a few personal belongings, on the tube. I immediately reported to the police and got a police report. Gradually my return date is getting nearer. And I do not want to miss the ticket as I, nor my inlaws have the money to buy fresh ticket.
I was advised to visit the Nigerian Embassy, where I was told that apart from the police report I need to bring proof of address, my immigration status in the UK etc. How do I get a proof of address ina country I am visiting? They insisted it has to be in my name. Moreover, I have no copy of my visiting visa on me. I have requested my birth certificate from Nigeria.
I am appealing to you good people to advise on how to go about this. I have just a few days to the expiration of my return ticket.
Thanks
   I understand that you're a "visitor in the UK", but that doesn't make you a person without an address. I expect that you reside somewhere that is not in the street, therefore, the owner or the main tenant of the property should write an undertaking letter declaring that you reside in the property with him/her supporting the letter with utility bills (as a proof that s/he owns or rents the property). And if you are staying in a lodging accommodation, the management of the property should take the obligation to declare so in an official undertaking letter.
   There shouldn't be any issues with proof of address as long as you indeed have a place of stay.
   Also, the fact that you don't have a copy of your visiting visa should not be a problem at all, the information is in the immigration computer. Therefore, if you'd be able to answer their security questions to confirm your identidy, hey'd provide documentation for you
Re: Please Help, I Need Go Back To Nigeria. by shawonlese: 4:43pm On Jun 01, 2011
Leaving the UK is not a problem, entering is the problem.
Re: Please Help, I Need Go Back To Nigeria. by dinggle: 7:49pm On Jun 02, 2011
I hope others will read and learn.
Re: Please Help, I Need Go Back To Nigeria. by ayomission(m): 10:27pm On Jun 04, 2011
@poster,you are cracy,you mean there are no nigerians in london that cn tel u rite tin to do? afta sm time u wil strt postin dat u can do UK visa för people cos u just came back.ask justwise since the cunt ass is in London
Re: Please Help, I Need Go Back To Nigeria. by ycoxyng: 11:16pm On Jun 04, 2011
ayomission:

@poster,you are cracy,you mean there are no nigerians in london that cn tel u rite tin to do? afta sm time u wil strt postin dat u can do UK visa för people cos u just came back.ask justwise since the womanliness backside is in London

Ayomission, are u okay at all? wetin d poster do u and why utter dat useless word from u dirty mouth? u are a frustrated becos no customer for u abi? shame on u
Re: Please Help, I Need Go Back To Nigeria. by Razyme(m): 9:06pm On Jun 08, 2011
Just extend your flight infor
Re: Please Help, I Need Go Back To Nigeria. by batuphil(m): 3:53am On Jun 09, 2011
I will think Nigerian embassy should give you an emergency travel authorization (ETA) or whatever its called, its a one piece of paper for you to show when you arrive in Nigeria. Last time I checked you dont have to see UK immigration on your way out of the country but am not sure if thats still the same, so I will think you need to clear yourself out at the Nigerian Embassy / House pretty much.
Re: Please Help, I Need Go Back To Nigeria. by DisGuy: 8:07am On Jun 12, 2011
any luck?
Re: Please Help, I Need Go Back To Nigeria. by idoekiti: 11:00am On Jul 04, 2011
@Dis Guy and others.
Thanks for your advise at the time that mattered most. Sorry I couldn't feed back on my post on time. I eventually got a TC at the Naija House early June but it was through a third party. (U know what that means) I got back home, and got a new passport. I am hoping to sort the visa issue out this week.
However, I must confess, the advise on this forum pointed me in the right direction. Once again thanks to y'all
Re: Please Help, I Need Go Back To Nigeria. by beeman80: 12:34pm On Jul 05, 2011
idoekiti:

@Dis Guy and others.
Thanks for your advise at the time that mattered most. Sorry I couldn't feed back on my post on time. I eventually got a TC at the Naija House early June but it was through a third party. (U know what that means) I got back home, and got a new passport. I am hoping to sort the visa issue out this week.
However, I must confess, the advise on this forum pointed me in the right direction. Once again thanks to y'all
Yippy! happy for u men! Welcome back to Naija.No place like home. grin
Re: Please Help, I Need Go Back To Nigeria. by dinggle: 5:28pm On Jul 05, 2011
Are shocked you planning to sort the visa and return?
Re: Please Help, I Need Go Back To Nigeria. by idoekiti: 11:42am On Jul 08, 2011
I am on a Multiple Visitor's Visa, which has not expired. Thats what I mean I would sort out. To get it on my new passport. I am not planning to come back and settle in UK. I like the Visiting. In and Out. Its better. I experienced the stress my countrymen do go through everyday to survive in the Queen's land. Nigeria is stressful enough, but I saw Nigerians in UK practically STRESSED OUT to the point of death - bills, rents, council taxes, TV licence, baby sitter, nanny issues, etc.
For me, the cool and serene life of Ekiti is OK for me. Anytime I have the need I visit the UK.
I salute all you that live in the UK. It is HARD! No wonder you all come back home and say IT IS NOT EASY.
Re: Please Help, I Need Go Back To Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 08, 2011
Idoekiti, glad you got things sorted out in the end. Hopefully, your unexpired visa will be put into your replacement passport. Best of luck.

(1) (Reply)

How Is It Like To Live,work And Study In Norway As A Nigerian? / Seven New Wonders Of The World!! / Info About Amsterdam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.