Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,278 members, 7,836,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Nigerians And Jollof - Representing Nairaland With My Nigerian Jollof In Canada - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerians And Jollof - Representing Nairaland With My Nigerian Jollof In Canada (30635 Views)

The Best Food - American Man Tastes Nigerian Jollof Rice, Egusi & Fufu / Oyinbo People Queue To Buy Nigerian Jollof Rice From "Mama Put" In London. / Nigerian Jollof Rice Tops Poll On As Roma's Official Twitter Handle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians And Jollof - Representing Nairaland With My Nigerian Jollof In Canada by McStoic(m): 9:02am On Sep 11, 2021
kafeii123:

Why do you prefer the US

US is light years ahead of every other nation on earth in terms of human development, opportunities, diversity of human race, in short over all achievements and it's the melting pot of the world. US citizens are more liberal than Canadians. Even Nigerians who live in US are more generous than those in Canada. Canada is still under Britain (Queen Elizabeth owns a lot of Canadian lands) to an extent, USA is a totally sovereign country. The list goes on..

USA is a country you can stay in and still get almost exact feel of almost every country in the world. Every country of the world have their people in the USA as immigrants. Go to Louisiana and Maine for instance, you will feel like you are in France and parts of Canada especially Quebec... California, New Mexico, Arizona, Texas, Colorado etc will give you the same Spanish feel as you would find in Spanish speaking countries.

Come to New England such as New Hampshire, Vermont, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts etc, you will feel English presence. Hawaii gives you Japanese presence. New York and the likes will give the Italian feel, there are even places called Little Italy in Manhattan, New York, Chicago Illinois, Boston, San Francisco, St Louis etc.. There are also over 40 something Chinatowns scattered all over US cities for Chinese feel..Holland, Germany, Russia, Canada and much more countries have their annexes in US...

From my own side, Houston Texas is the city with highest population of Igbos in the United States. Aside that, blacks are so much in Texas as a whole.. I am sure no one feels bored in the US like they would feel in some parts of Canada. Once you set your foot into the US, you can hardly be deported unless you have committed a crime etc. US citizens are more real. They don't pretend as Canadians. US citizens are more friendly, more informed and more exposed. They are even wealthier than Canadians et al

Continuing, USA are the friends of Israel and uphold the freedom of the modern world. Without them, terrorists and enemies of freedom will run over the world. The world under US can never be enjoyable and full of liberty as when pretenders like Russia and China maybe succeed in having the same status as world police, God forbid though! US has seen wars and is still united. US population is over 300 million people; still not saturated and is taking more. She is still able to care for her citizens food, shelter, health etc and give out to the less privileged nations.. Canada is the second largest country in the world by landmass but her populations is only 30 something million people. Canadian still has a long catch up to do before she can be seen in equal light as US. She still has challenges USA has surpassed eons ago to navigate.

From the religion angle, US is a Christian state. Yet is also welcoming to all religions and even those who seek to destroy her. In short, Southern US states of Mississippi, Arkansas, Tennessee, Missouri, Louisiana, Kentucky, Georgia, Alabama etc are called the Bible Belt if America. These places have over 50 to 70 percent of strong and high Christian views and church attendance. Nashville Tennessee is home to gospel music of the world. Racism exists everywhere, but US is most tolerant of other races. What you cannot achieve in the US, you may have a hard time achieving elsewhere. She is a land of unlimited opportunities. USA is damn exciting!!

Last but not the least, cos I cannot exhaust them here, the US dollar is more valuable than Canadian dollar. Any progressive and informed person will choose the US over others. Let me stop here for now..

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Jollof - Representing Nairaland With My Nigerian Jollof In Canada by McStoic(m): 9:06am On Sep 11, 2021
pacespot:
Omoh Canada, I must reach that country. luv that country much. Canada, only country without any internal crisis. Even Americans see Canada as a safe haven for them should things burst out of control in the United States
You are ignorant bro..
Re: Nigerians And Jollof - Representing Nairaland With My Nigerian Jollof In Canada by McStoic(m): 9:09am On Sep 11, 2021
koyyess:
Enjoy your white m@sters' land and always obey their laws.

Secondly, organise a gym class for your wives. I know it's not easy being forced to stay indoor as Canada lacks social activities.

My guy thank you. I keep on telling people that Canada is more boring compared to the US..
Re: Nigerians And Jollof - Representing Nairaland With My Nigerian Jollof In Canada by pacespot(m): 9:46am On Sep 11, 2021
McStoic:

You are ignorant bro..

Tell me something i don't know you that are "experienced"
Re: Nigerians And Jollof - Representing Nairaland With My Nigerian Jollof In Canada by kafeii123: 7:01pm On Oct 24, 2021
McStoic:

US is light years ahead of every other nation on earth in terms of human development, opportunities, diversity of human race, in short over all achievements and it's the melting pot of the world. US citizens are more liberal than Canadians. Even Nigerians who live in US are more generous than those in Canada. Canada is still under Britain (Queen Elizabeth owns a lot of Canadian lands) to an extent, USA is a totally sovereign country. The list goes on..

USA is a country you can stay in and still get almost exact feel of almost every country in the world. Every country of the world have their people in the USA as immigrants. Go to Louisiana and Maine for instance, you will feel like you are in France and parts of Canada especially Quebec... California, New Mexico, Arizona, Texas, Colorado etc will give you the same Spanish feel as you would find in Spanish speaking countries.

Come to New England such as New Hampshire, Vermont, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts etc, you will feel English presence. Hawaii gives you Japanese presence. New York and the likes will give the Italian feel, there are even places called Little Italy in Manhattan, New York, Chicago Illinois, Boston, San Francisco, St Louis etc.. There are also over 40 something Chinatowns scattered all over US cities for Chinese feel..Holland, Germany, Russia, Canada and much more countries have their annexes in US...

From my own side, Houston Texas is the city with highest population of Igbos in the United States. Aside that, blacks are so much in Texas as a whole.. I am sure no one feels bored in the US like they would feel in some parts of Canada. Once you set your foot into the US, you can hardly be deported unless you have committed a crime etc. US citizens are more real. They don't pretend as Canadians. US citizens are more friendly, more informed and more exposed. They are even wealthier than Canadians et al

Continuing, USA are the friends of Israel and uphold the freedom of the modern world. Without them, terrorists and enemies of freedom will run over the world. The world under US can never be enjoyable and full of liberty as when pretenders like Russia and China maybe succeed in having the same status as world police, God forbid though! US has seen wars and is still united. US population is over 300 million people; still not saturated and is taking more. She is still able to care for her citizens food, shelter, health etc and give out to the less privileged nations.. Canada is the second largest country in the world by landmass but her populations is only 30 something million people. Canadian still has a long catch up to do before she can be seen in equal light as US. She still has challenges USA has surpassed eons ago to navigate.

From the religion angle, US is a Christian state. Yet is also welcoming to all religions and even those who seek to destroy her. In short, Southern US states of Mississippi, Arkansas, Tennessee, Missouri, Louisiana, Kentucky, Georgia, Alabama etc are called the Bible Belt if America. These places have over 50 to 70 percent of strong and high Christian views and church attendance. Nashville Tennessee is home to gospel music of the world. Racism exists everywhere, but US is most tolerant of other races. What you cannot achieve in the US, you may have a hard time achieving elsewhere. She is a land of unlimited opportunities. USA is damn exciting!!

Last but not the least, cos I cannot exhaust them here, the US dollar is more valuable than Canadian dollar. Any progressive and informed person will choose the US over others. Let me stop here for now..

Oh...I assure you that with these few ..yet plenty points of yours...you have been able to convince and not confuse me...that the US of A...is the best country in the world....applause

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Jollof - Representing Nairaland With My Nigerian Jollof In Canada by McStoic(m): 10:46pm On Oct 24, 2021
kafeii123:

Oh...I assure you that with these few ..yet plenty points of yours...you have been able to convince and not confuse me...that the US of A...is the best country in the world....applause
Welcome bro
Re: Nigerians And Jollof - Representing Nairaland With My Nigerian Jollof In Canada by Swiftgrp: 5:45pm On Nov 15, 2023
myike2:
So my friends and I decided to utilize the nice weather (summer), before winter comes. We didn’t fail to put our Nigerian jollof on the map, and some white folks came over to our boat to have a taste. Nigerian jollof is second to none grin
That's an awesome view... I like the way y'all were robustly repping the Nigerian Jollof without regrets. Nice thread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Chokes To Death During Eating Contest On Christmas Day In Uganda / See The Quantity Of Granulated Sugar I Bought #50. / Pictures Of The World’s Most Dangerous Foods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.