Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,893 members, 7,814,017 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

See The Quantity Of Granulated Sugar I Bought #50. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The Quantity Of Granulated Sugar I Bought #50. (30559 Views)

Look At N100 Sugar I Bought Today / See The N200 Onions I Bought This Evening In Port Harcourt / SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Quantity Of Granulated Sugar I Bought #50. by ahnie: 9:02pm On Dec 05, 2023
I bought this sugar #50 this evening.
My shock is really shocked cheesy cheesy cheesy

Any hope for low come earners like us?

15 Likes

Re: See The Quantity Of Granulated Sugar I Bought #50. by Hezzyluv: 9:07pm On Dec 05, 2023
In my area, no more #50 sugar. I asked the aboki why? He responded thus "oga, I buy am por paint rubber of sugar por sebin thousan naira even one naira i no remove am for me."

179 Likes 13 Shares

Re: See The Quantity Of Granulated Sugar I Bought #50. by Beremx(f): 9:33pm On Dec 05, 2023
Dangote sugar is very expensive. I wonder how much St. Louis sugar is sold now. The last time I bought it was in early 2000s. I have switched to Dangote sugar tey tey. We can't do without sugar that's the problem.
It is well

27 Likes

Re: See The Quantity Of Granulated Sugar I Bought #50. by Nazgul: 9:39pm On Dec 05, 2023
Beremx:
Dangote sugar is very expensive. I wonder how much St. Louis sugar is sold now. The last time I bought it was in early 2000s. I have switched to Dangote sugar tey tey. We can't do without sugar that's the problem.
It is well
A packet of cube sugar (not St. Louis) is N800.

Everything in this shit hole has either doubled or tripled. Yet the youths who are the hardest hit seem not to care.

98 Likes 6 Shares

Re: See The Quantity Of Granulated Sugar I Bought #50. by Beremx(f): 9:42pm On Dec 05, 2023
Nazgul:

Everything in this shit hole has either doubled or tripled. Yet the youths who are the hardest hit seem not to care.
that means St Louis is more than 800 naira. Odi egwu

2 Likes

Re: See The Quantity Of Granulated Sugar I Bought #50. by Nazgul: 9:45pm On Dec 05, 2023
Beremx:
that means St Louis is more than 800 naira. Odi egwu
It's getting really horrible out there. What scares me is that no one seems to care.

If you ask logical questions, they'll immediately mention Peter Obi. Who did this to Nigerians?

104 Likes 10 Shares

Re: See The Quantity Of Granulated Sugar I Bought #50. by Beremx(f): 10:02pm On Dec 05, 2023
Nazgul:

It's getting really horrible out there. What scares me is that no one seems to care.

If you ask logical questions, they'll immediately mention Peter Obi. Who did this to Nigerians?
my sister it is terrible. The rate at which the price of food items is increasing, people are adapting to the situation and waiting for God to come down from heaven and help. Unfortunately God cannot do that. The solution lies on us

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See The Quantity Of Granulated Sugar I Bought #50. by Nazgul: 10:21pm On Dec 05, 2023
Beremx:
my sister it is terrible. The rate at which the price of food items is increasing, people are adapting to the situation and waiting for God to come down from heaven and help. Unfortunately God cannot do that. The solution lies on us
Sister kwa, I'm a guy o. cheesy

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Quantity Of Granulated Sugar I Bought #50. by Beremx(f): 10:56pm On Dec 05, 2023
Nazgul:

Sister kwa, I'm a guy o. cheesy
oh sorry. grin

19 Likes

Re: See The Quantity Of Granulated Sugar I Bought #50. by Ishilove: 11:14pm On Dec 05, 2023
Nazgul:

They are on Nairaland bashing one another along ethnic lines like primitive brutes

58 Likes 7 Shares

Re: See The Quantity Of Granulated Sugar I Bought #50. by descarado: 12:25am On Dec 06, 2023
ahnie:

At least something worth 50 naira still dey na.
Whenever I see prices of foodstuffs here, my mind dey always cut.

But you can retrain your taste buds.
Na here I begin use sugar cos there are some cuisines i make that needs sugar.

Sweet tooth lady..
How you dey?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Quantity Of Granulated Sugar I Bought #50. by Tallesty1(m): 7:10am On Dec 06, 2023
Nazgul:

Ayo, who hasn't eaten, is attacking Chinedu who also hasn't eaten as if Chinedu is responsible for the prices of things in the market.

It will get worse because our leaders have discovered that we have no breaking point.

They stretch, we adjust, then they wait a little and stretch again. It will go on forever because this country is not structured to work

69 Likes 13 Shares

Re: See The Quantity Of Granulated Sugar I Bought #50. by Tallesty1(m): 7:11am On Dec 06, 2023
ahnie:

Can't remember the last time I bought sugar because I hardly take sugar. I take tea, pap, garri without sugar.

8 Likes

Re: See The Quantity Of Granulated Sugar I Bought #50. by We4all: 8:13am On Dec 06, 2023
I don't use sugar. If I were to drink quaker oats or any food that requires sugar, I may opt for milo instead.

2 Likes

Re: See The Quantity Of Granulated Sugar I Bought #50. by Nazgul: 8:30am On Dec 06, 2023
Tallesty1:
Ayo, who hasn't eaten, is attacking Chinedu who also hasn't eaten as if Chinedu is responsible for the prices of things in the market.

It will get worse because our leaders have discovered that we have no breaking point.

They stretch, we adjust, then they wait a little and stretch again. It will go on forever because this country is not structured to work
You're absolutely right...Nigeria wasn't structured to work.

The north that dominated leadership for over 3 decades, what did they do with it, aside enriching a handful of their inner circle cronies, their region still remains a shit hole.

Democracy came for the second time in 1999, and APC told us in 2015 that they can do a much better job than the crap PDP has been doing. They came on board in 2015 and the standard of a average Nigerian began to deteriorate.

Today, we're forced to endure Tinubu's style of leadership that literally doesn't give two shits about anyone. Just looting the country dry, whilst hiring some hungry urchins to defend his actions on social media.

Go to X (formerly Twitter) and see how youths jump at anything Reno says about Igbos. Reno is in the UK, enjoying good leadership there, yet he keeps praising Tinubu's harsh policies, and tell his jobless and hungry followers that Igbos are their problems.

And his hungry and jobless followers would believe that the Igbo man who hasn't ruled this country since 1966 is the reason why Nigeria is a mess. See eh! The best gift any youth in his prime can give to himself is to exit this country for good. Nigeria can never be good.

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: See The Quantity Of Granulated Sugar I Bought #50. by Nicepoker(m): 9:06am On Dec 06, 2023
The raw materials for sugar production include. Cane sugar, beet sugar, high fructose corn syrup. Large percentage of those raw materials are imported. Processed sugar doesn't fall from the sky.
Re: See The Quantity Of Granulated Sugar I Bought #50. by Tallesty1(m): 9:27am On Dec 06, 2023
Nazgul:

You're absolutely right...Nigeria wasn't structured to work.

The north that dominated leadership for over 3 decades, what did they do with it, aside enriching a handful of their inner circle cronies, their region still remains a shit hole.

Democracy came for the second time in 1999, and APC told us in 2015 that they can do a much better job than the crap PDP has been doing. They came on board in 2015 and the standard of a average Nigerian began to deteriorate.

Today, we're forced to endure Tinubu's style of leadership that literally doesn't give two shits about anyone. Just looting the country dry, whilst hiring some hungry urchins to defend his actions on social media.

Go to X (formerly Twitter) and see how youths jump at anything Reno says about Igbos. Reno is in the UK, enjoying good leadership there, yet he keeps praising Tinubu's harsh policies, and tell his jobless and hungry followers that Igbos are their problems.

And his hungry and jobless followers would believe that the Igbo man who hasn't ruled this country since 1966 is the reason why Nigeria is a mess. See eh! The best gift any youth in his prime can give to himself is to exit this country for good. Nigeria can never be good.
It is unfortunate.

The Grill guy was passionately shouting, 'Nigeria will be great again,' so I asked him, 'What exactly is Nigeria's dream? What plans are in place that we hope will change Nigeria's future once achieved?' He disappeared.

The North remained mute when Buhari was dry-humping all of us, and the Igbos who complained were labeled as haters and sons of perdition by some people, same people that sometimes went to bed on an empty stomach. Years later, Tinubu is in charge, and suddenly everyone realizes that Buhari was a disaster.

If a protest were proposed today, Yorubas will back out because their brother is in power, just as Hausa people did when Buhari was there. I would likely do the same if an Igbo person eventually takes the helm.

The Igbos who position themselves as the moral compass of the country annoy me. What's your business? The country is sinking, and its citizens want it to sink, so why are you trying to help?

Leaving the country is not an option for the average Nigerian; that is the problem, unless one plans to move to another African country.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Quantity Of Granulated Sugar I Bought #50. by TANID(m): 10:54am On Dec 06, 2023
Re: See The Quantity Of Granulated Sugar I Bought #50. by UndilutedTruth1: 2:16pm On Dec 06, 2023
Unfortunately, the purchasing power decreases, and our mental health gets worse.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Quantity Of Granulated Sugar I Bought #50. by FalseProphet1(m): 2:16pm On Dec 06, 2023
I see Nigeria becoming great again.

This I have seen.

1 Like

Re: See The Quantity Of Granulated Sugar I Bought #50. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:16pm On Dec 06, 2023
BUA and Dangote should step up to this.
The FG should make things easier for the masses also.
Hopefully, next year we will start moving to the nation of our dreams we have been praying 🙏 for.
A land flowing with milk and honey.
We believe we will get there as a nation.
God save Nigeria 🇳🇬 🙏.
#PositiveVibesOnly

(If you want to be unfortunate fast fast in life,
Quote this post to type rubbish.)

#PositiveVibesOnly

This pic reminds us of another pic...........

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: See The Quantity Of Granulated Sugar I Bought #50. by ClearFlair: 2:16pm On Dec 06, 2023
ahnie:

Hope? Otilo! Hehehehehehehehhe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Quantity Of Granulated Sugar I Bought #50. by ovieigho(m): 2:16pm On Dec 06, 2023
ahnie:

Omo
Re: See The Quantity Of Granulated Sugar I Bought #50. by bonnyhope: 2:16pm On Dec 06, 2023
ahnie:

So you still have N50 sugar in ur area

You may be living in the less expensive state

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Quantity Of Granulated Sugar I Bought #50. by michru: 2:16pm On Dec 06, 2023
I remember when the kidnapping was high on the highway, the Govt said it will diversify transportation.
When fuel subsidy was removed, Govt said it will reduce emissions,
Well, this one will reduce diabetes.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Quantity Of Granulated Sugar I Bought #50. by BigBlackPreek(m): 2:17pm On Dec 06, 2023
Once upon a time, there was a country!

1 Like

Re: See The Quantity Of Granulated Sugar I Bought #50. by BigBlackPreek(m): 2:17pm On Dec 06, 2023
bonnyhope:

So you still have N50 sugar in ur area

You may be living in the less expensive state
here in PH, 4 cubes of sugar is sold for 50naira

1 Like

Re: See The Quantity Of Granulated Sugar I Bought #50. by wonlasewonimi: 2:17pm On Dec 06, 2023
When a mad man is pushed to the wall, he would flash his teeth.

2 Likes

Re: See The Quantity Of Granulated Sugar I Bought #50. by RepoMan007: 2:19pm On Dec 06, 2023
You better buy N50 sweets and dissolve to use. You even get extra flavour like banana, orange, pineapple, or cocoa.

Nicepoker:
The raw materials for sugar production include. Cane sugar, beet sugar, high fructose corn syrup. Large percentage of those raw materials are imported. Processed sugar doesn't fall from the sky.
Oga same sugar is used for sweets. Why hasn't sweets jumped from N10 to N50?
Middlemen are like plaques a times.

7 Likes

Re: See The Quantity Of Granulated Sugar I Bought #50. by Henry22(m): 2:19pm On Dec 06, 2023
Next time they and go to the aboki kiosk with your APC card and show it to them so they can give you one bag for same amount.

4 Likes

Re: See The Quantity Of Granulated Sugar I Bought #50. by IMASTEX: 2:19pm On Dec 06, 2023
Too bad
Re: See The Quantity Of Granulated Sugar I Bought #50. by Built2last: 2:19pm On Dec 06, 2023
I heard Augmentin is now 55k

GlaxoSmithKline has left Nigeria because one big man in the villa wanted to be the largest shareholder. He wanted to buy up shares that will give him absolute control. The board refused. He told them to watch out for him.

They left. They will find another African country to produce from and we will import from there. It's a shame.

So long as dollar keeps rising, You will buy same quantity N100 naira this time next year.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerians And Jollof - Representing Nairaland With My Nigerian Jollof In Canada / Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up / Man Chokes To Death During Eating Contest On Christmas Day In Uganda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.