Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,124 members, 7,821,850 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Dear Tailors: A Frustrated Customer - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Dear Tailors: A Frustrated Customer (23293 Views)

Different Types Of Nigerian Tailors - (meme Collection) / Whatsapp Group Created Only For Fashion Designers And Upcoming Tailors / Tailors Strike Swiftly As They Re-create Knockoff Version Of Ebuka's Agbada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Tailors: A Frustrated Customer by Dayotheeone(m): 1:48pm On Sep 11, 2021
Dear Tailors,

No time for pleasantries, I am perplexed.... Omo I dey vex!
One quick question, during the time of your internship or training, did your master/oga also include in the curriculum "How craft the perfect lie to make your client wait longer" or "How to collect materials and abandon them till the dying minutes". Because I don't understand how you guys will collect cloth and advance money when you still have other pending jobs to do and then proceed to abandon the new job somewhere in man's land where you can never it untill you are packing out of the shop.

My beautiful material I bought and the design I painstakingly choose just to wear and impress my girlfriend's family has all gone to waste.

Your fellow colleague, the upcoming Lai Mohammed has been posting me since forever, now the D-Day for the occasion I am going to wear Ankara of 2001 that has faded more than Buhari's memory.

How do you people sleep at night? Do you have an "anti-curse" protection device? What gives you people the boldness to lie just like that as if it is breathing to you.

Well let me stop here for now, but before I go, E NO GO BETTER FOR UNA!
Frustrated Customer

Nairalanders if you have any funny experience with tailors or how to tackle these set of monsters, please kindly share so I can learn.

93 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dear Tailors: A Frustrated Customer by money121(m): 9:01pm On Sep 11, 2021
Ok

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Dear Tailors: A Frustrated Customer by Patrioticman007(m): 9:01pm On Sep 11, 2021
African people and keeping to time is like loyalty of Judas Iscariot to Jesus son of Mary.

Hence the saying of African time is when you fail to keep up to the appointed time, because Tailors like most Africans enjoying posting their customers at the detriment of serious minded folks out there.

18 Likes

Re: Dear Tailors: A Frustrated Customer by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 11, 2021
It would take forever to fit into one agbada wey one sew for me after months of waiting grin.

My current tailor is good & he doesn't disappoint because I always give him a lengthy time to do his work. I no dey rush coz I don't buy aso ebi.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Tailors: A Frustrated Customer by punisha: 9:01pm On Sep 11, 2021
Professions that already have places in hell...

1) Lawyers.

2) tailors.

Took me 4 years to cultivate d relationship I have with my tailor now. The back and forth, scattering shop, cursing, seizing clothes before we became friends felt like it won't end.
Luckily now I don't have to see him. Send him money for any number of shirt or trousers needed and he does it in a week max and waybills.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Tailors: A Frustrated Customer by McAausim: 9:01pm On Sep 11, 2021
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear Tailors: A Frustrated Customer by inoki247: 9:01pm On Sep 11, 2021
he b lik say na to dey carry Gun go any tailor shop wey person wan giv cloth now....

u first flash him Gun say if e no meet up the day wey he giv u den u ar shooting him...

I know say Nigeria Tailor no fit work for US cos na small thing dey vex people for US small thing laik diz dem don go bring Gun...

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Tailors: A Frustrated Customer by slawormiir: 9:01pm On Sep 11, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright....

Tailors ....I dey avoid those people

Matheusmartin:
"He that get his clothes from his tailor at the appointed time must have lied about the date he wants to use it"
-Pete Edochie, 1945
Them go still disapoint you join

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dear Tailors: A Frustrated Customer by Matheusmartin: 9:02pm On Sep 11, 2021
"He that get his clothes from his tailor at the appointed time must have lied about the date he wants to use it"
-Pete Edochie, 1945

134 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Dear Tailors: A Frustrated Customer by billynoni(m): 9:02pm On Sep 11, 2021
Okay
Re: Dear Tailors: A Frustrated Customer by jaeyking(m): 9:02pm On Sep 11, 2021
People with handwork.
It's part of the curriculum.

We accept more jobs hoping we can meet the deadline.
At the end we love customer
Na Nigeria situation cause am

At

4 Likes

Re: Dear Tailors: A Frustrated Customer by Isokoboy(m): 9:02pm On Sep 11, 2021
Most atimes..it's greed...they can't tell u .. they have alot of work at hand... They need d paper

8 Likes

Re: Dear Tailors: A Frustrated Customer by NobleAngell(f): 9:02pm On Sep 11, 2021
My tailor did same to me just today. After telling me my clothes will be ready on 11th, it finally came. I excitedly went to her shop. Out of 5 materials I gave her, I could only get 4. She wasn't done with one, She said the material isn't cooperating (whatever that means). On reaching home, I discovered that out of the 4, only one fitted perfectly. Unfortunately her shop was too crowded for me to test the clothes. So now, it's either I go all the way back or just keep the clothes and force myself to gain more weight. It costs #450 from my house to her shop. I don't have #900 to throw around. I'll just gain weight.

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dear Tailors: A Frustrated Customer by saphiere(f): 9:03pm On Sep 11, 2021
Dayotheeone:
Dear Tailors,

No time for pleasantries, I am perplexed.... Omo I dey vex!
One quick question, during the time of your internship or training, did your master/oga also include in the curriculum "How craft the perfect lie to make your client wait longer" or "How to collect materials and abandon them till the dying minutes". Because I don't understand how you guys will collect cloth and advance money when you still have other pending jobs to do and then proceed to abandon the new job somewhere in man's land where you can never it untill you are packing out of the shop.

My beautiful material I bought and the design I painstakingly choose just to wear and impress my girlfriend's family has all gone to waste.

Your fellow colleague, the upcoming Lai Mohammed has been posting me since forever, now the D-Day for the occasion I am going to wear Ankara of 2001 that has faded more than Buhari's memory.

How do you people sleep at night? Do you have an "anti-curse" protection device? What gives you people the boldness to lie just like that as if it is breathing to you.

Well let me stop here for now, but before I go, E NO GO BETTER FOR UNA!
Frustrated Customer

Nairalanders if you have any funny experience with tailors or how to tackle these set of monsters, please kindly share so I can learn.
Re: Dear Tailors: A Frustrated Customer by Vickym1(f): 9:03pm On Sep 11, 2021
grin
Is like that with anything handiwork

5 Likes

Re: Dear Tailors: A Frustrated Customer by Roseey0(f): 9:03pm On Sep 11, 2021
There are Tailors with integrity sha. But they are usually very expensive because their business is well structured with many hands to handle whatever level of work.

Na obioma tailor dey disappoint

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dear Tailors: A Frustrated Customer by Gosj001: 9:03pm On Sep 11, 2021
Omo, Nigeria tailor and disappointment nah 5 & 6

I still sell affordable laptops with free delivery and pay on delivery.
Details on my signature

1 Like

Re: Dear Tailors: A Frustrated Customer by ibrutex(m): 9:04pm On Sep 11, 2021
Come to Ib and see for yourself
Re: Dear Tailors: A Frustrated Customer by SunOfZeus: 9:04pm On Sep 11, 2021
High Time the FG sets a committee to investigate Tailors.. We have seen their handy work upto the Nunu Sipping Kwaraption fighter. End Time Tailors everywhere.

4 Likes

Re: Dear Tailors: A Frustrated Customer by habss: 9:04pm On Sep 11, 2021
Not all tailors disappointed Mr man
Re: Dear Tailors: A Frustrated Customer by Thanos5555: 9:04pm On Sep 11, 2021
Left to me , I will say that Tailors will never make heaven.
I stopped sewing clothes a long time ago, Na English I dey wear.

See the problem is that you can never find a good and honest tailor, when you find that one, the work will be too much in his hand and he will give his apprentice boys without your consent and they will make one hand/ trouser leg fatter than the other.

I don't really know whether they Cursed that profession, it is too bad and terrible.

If any of my children becomes tailor tomorrow, I go fit disown them ooo, cos I can't live in the roof with A Demon

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Tailors: A Frustrated Customer by Sonnobax15(m): 9:04pm On Sep 11, 2021
grin
I had an experience with one recently...The baba na yoruba man.... Imagine him constantly deceiving me that he was almost through with my work, only for me to later discover say baba never even cut my material let alone to sew am....I no just talk....I just call like two of my niggas follow body match go meet am for him shop...Baba no know when he begin confess,dey beg.....las las cha,he gats bottle us...Less than 3 days,baba was through...

Sometimes these tailors need iron hands..

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Tailors: A Frustrated Customer by BruncleZuma: 9:05pm On Sep 11, 2021
Dear customer,

Stop patronizing road side tailors without address.

Zuma
Re: Dear Tailors: A Frustrated Customer by Hateandthunder: 9:05pm On Sep 11, 2021
Re: Dear Tailors: A Frustrated Customer by TeamLeader(m): 9:05pm On Sep 11, 2021
Some tailors need serious marking like...

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Tailors: A Frustrated Customer by ojun50(m): 9:06pm On Sep 11, 2021
Na now you wake up

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet The Contestants Of Miss Ambassador For Peace As Davido,others To Be Awarded / Uti Nwachukwu In A Jalabia At Kinabuti Fashion Show (Picture) / Oyindamilola Ajomole Wins Face Of Nigeria World 2017, Gets Toyota Avalon (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.