Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,788 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification (9955 Views)

Chukwuma Nwaoha Is Sick, Has Liver Disease, On The Verge Of Dying (pics) / Lobi Stars Vs Mamelodi Sundown: CAF Champions League - 2 - 1 (Full Time) / Nigerian Players To Have Won CAF Champions League Title With Non-nigerian Clubs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by DoggoneDogg: 8:19pm On Sep 12, 2021
By Adeboye Amosu
Friday Ubong scored a late winner as Akwa United secured a slim 1-0 win against Algerian side CR Belouizdad in the first leg of the CAF Champions League preliminary round clash at the Godswill Akpabio International Stadium, Uyo on Sunday.

The hosts dominated play but wasted a number of goal scoring opportunities in the game.

Ubong unleashed a powerful shot four minutes from time to hand the Promise Keepers a crucial advantage going into the second leg next week.

In another CAF Champions League game, Rivers United beat Tanzania’s Young Africans 1-0 away at the Benjamin Mkapa National Stadium, Dar es Salaam.

Samuel Omodumuke scored the winning goal for the visitors in the 52nd minute.

The return leg will take place next week Sunday at the Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium, Port Harcourt.

Source: Complete Sports

3 Likes

Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by chatinent: 8:20pm On Sep 12, 2021
I'm in love with the orange uniform. BTW fam, I'm available to write your academic research works.

21 Likes

Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by DoggoneDogg: 8:21pm On Sep 12, 2021
Make we support our own too. Not Man Utd, Chelsea all the time

15 Likes

Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by egeanma(m): 8:31pm On Sep 12, 2021
Congratulations to Akwa and River United.

3 Likes

Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by Angelfrost(m): 8:32pm On Sep 12, 2021
I wish them well... Rohr should be attending some of these games for serious scouting purposes.

No be every time we go dey beg or drag big men from Europe.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by Akpabioemi: 8:32pm On Sep 12, 2021
How many times have you supported buhari over Biden?
Zanngool:
V
Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by psalmz(m): 8:32pm On Sep 12, 2021
It will be difficult beating them in the return leg

7 Likes

Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by omoteacher(m): 8:32pm On Sep 12, 2021
shocked

I hope they make it to the group stage.

A step up to our league.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by Norwichsailor(m): 8:32pm On Sep 12, 2021
South South to the world

6 Likes

Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by DukeJoe17: 8:32pm On Sep 12, 2021
The only remarkable development at the moment.

3 Likes

Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by Hamzatgodfirst(m): 8:32pm On Sep 12, 2021
Okay.. This is good

2 Likes

Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 12, 2021
chatinent:
I'm in love with the orange uniform.
Beautiful.. I wish I could get my hands on them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by culf: 8:33pm On Sep 12, 2021
Up Naija. This Rivers Utd win sweet me well

4 Likes

Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by Yellowtree: 8:33pm On Sep 12, 2021
E dey hott
Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by pimetac29: 8:34pm On Sep 12, 2021
sad

Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by opuambe(m): 8:35pm On Sep 12, 2021
Proudly Rivers United

2 Likes

Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by obawinner(m): 8:35pm On Sep 12, 2021
Margin home wins, they will perform woefully in their away matches.
Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by Guyman111: 8:35pm On Sep 12, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
By Adeboye Amosu

Source: Complete Sports
It's better to watch from afar cause when you expect them to surprise you is actually when they failed.

1 Like

Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by atheistandproud(m): 8:35pm On Sep 12, 2021
Those North Africans dey celebrate already.

Them go thrash us 5-0 zero with wayo, fan intimidation, rough play and referee.

Na normal level.

The only team them dey fear na 2002-04 Enyimba when go beard them in their den back to back.

7 Likes

Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 12, 2021
Angelfrost:
I wish them well... Rohr should be attending some of these games for serious scouting purposes.

No be every time we go dey beg or drag big men from Europe.

He won't, he prefers those in Europe even if it's Malta or Luxemburg league!

1 Like

Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by Authoreety: 8:36pm On Sep 12, 2021
Good for the winners.. Losers should put more efforts next time

1 Like

Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by DoggoneDogg: 8:36pm On Sep 12, 2021
Akpabioemi:
How many times have you supported buhari over Biden?

Everytime he has displayed common sense which is ZERO
Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by BigDolph(m): 8:36pm On Sep 12, 2021
Up Rivers United

2 Likes

Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by abdulyaro66(m): 8:37pm On Sep 12, 2021
njj
Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by rave412: 8:38pm On Sep 12, 2021
Not a good one!
Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by jieta: 8:38pm On Sep 12, 2021
Just look how lush the pitch is.

Instead of our national team to be taken here for world cup qualifier there were taken to that potato pitch in Lagos.

6 Likes

Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by cenaman(m): 8:39pm On Sep 12, 2021
Farmers league (NPFL). las las na round of 16 them go end.
Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by Angelfrost(m): 8:39pm On Sep 12, 2021
Alejandrah:

He won't, he prefers those in Europe even if it's Malta or Luxemburg league!

That's why he will remain an average coach in his old age... SMH!!!!
Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by kenzysmith: 8:43pm On Sep 12, 2021
Rivers sure as for akwa u see Algeria they concede 3 goals make them thank God
Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 12, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
Make we support our own too. Not Man Utd, Chelsea all the time

Can you really watch a Nigerian team play for 90mins? Have you tried it before?

Those guys don't keep the ball on the ground. They don't complete up to 15 passes at a go. Their play is always extreme, either too narrow or too wide.

I've watched them before, won't be doing it anytime soon until there's a massive improvement in play style.

There are some quality players in the league though but the coaches are just too afraid to play an expansive, entertaining style because of the fear of failure/losing!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players / Neymar Rape Case Dropped Over Lack Of Evidence / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.