Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,237 members, 7,846,121 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Landlord Threatening Me:pls Help Me Lagos State Governor &well Meaning Nigerians - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Landlord Threatening Me:pls Help Me Lagos State Governor &well Meaning Nigerians (450 Views)

Landlord Threatening Me:pls Help Me Lagos State Governor &well Meaning Nigerians / Landlord Threatening Me: Help me Lagos State Governor &Well Meaning Nigerians / Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Landlord Threatening Me:pls Help Me Lagos State Governor &well Meaning Nigerians by PlsHelp762(f): 8:44am On Sep 13, 2021
Pls help me all Nigerians, I'm tired of the wickedness of Lagos landlords. Pls help me because a so called professor Popoola of University of Ibadan who claims to be a professor in Ibadan is threatening my life with all his family members. I wonder whether this man is a real professor in the university or a fake professor. 

Pls help me the Lagos State governor His excellency Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu. Are Nigerian universities now having professors who don't know the law and who are hooligans or what??

I have nobody to help me. I'm just a poor widow with my little son. My husband is dead. And I'm just managing myself with my little kid boy in a one room apartment here in Lagos at Alagbado but the professor and his wife and other relatives have vowed to throw my things out on the streets by October this year. They want to eject me by themselves and they keep threatening me everyday despite my one year rent which I paid has not even expired. 

When I got the house, I paid the landlady, their mother for one year rent. Apart from the one year rent I paid and agency and agreement, she also collected N10,000 for NEPA money deposit, N15,000 for damages/caution fee, and then she collected N500 for security fee per month and asked me to pay for one year which I paid which is N6000. But after she died, the community people came and said she never remitted any money to them and they were right because she deceived us and collected huge money from all the tenants for security but refused to give the community people. 

We also discovered that the security money per month for the whole house is N1000 which is supposed to be N12,000 per year for the whole house but she collected over N50,000 from all the tenants but never remitted to the community. 

Now after she died, the children, the wife of the so called professor and the professor and his wife and their other brothers and sisters have been threatening my life seriously. They said that nothing concerns them with what transpired between me and their late mother. How can you say nothing concerns you about all the money I paid to you people, which they know about. 

So despite my rent has not yet expired and I'm a yearly tenant, they came and gave me 2 months quit notice in August 2021 which will coincide with the month of October 2021 when my rent will expire. Despite I'm a yearly tenant. Only 2 months quit notice, with threat to my life. 
Not only that, they came yesterday Sunday to cut off my light just to force me out of the house. They are threatening my life seriously and my life is in serious danger. Pls help me Nigerians. I'm begging you people. Pls help. 

Pls all Nigerians should help me. Lagos State governor pls help me. I'm just a poor widow with a little nine year old boy to take care of without any helper. My husband died since about 5 years ago. I'm just staying in the one room with my son. I don't want her to throw my things out on the streets because I know they are capable to do it. I also want them to reconnect my light for me because I see no reason why they should disconnect my light when they are not NEPA officials. Just out of malice. 

Pls help me all Nigerians. Pls I don't have money to pay for lawyer. I'm still looking for feeding money. If you want to help me, pls don't ask for money, I don't have. 

Thank you sirs/mas. 

CC Seun

CC Lalasticlala

CC OAM4J

CC Mynd44

CC All mods.

1 Like

Re: Landlord Threatening Me:pls Help Me Lagos State Governor &well Meaning Nigerians by seedgreen(m): 8:49am On Sep 13, 2021
This is a very serious matter.
These landlords re inhuman.
Re: Landlord Threatening Me:pls Help Me Lagos State Governor &well Meaning Nigerians by mbasharon(m): 8:51am On Sep 13, 2021
Mods do the needful
Someone is in danger and needs help
Re: Landlord Threatening Me:pls Help Me Lagos State Governor &well Meaning Nigerians by ivolt: 8:56am On Sep 13, 2021

they came and gave me 2 months quit notice in August 2021 which will coincide with the month of October 2021 when my rent will expire. Despite I'm a yearly tenant.

Since your rent and quit notice expires in October, what exactly do you want?
Do you want to stay in the house beyond your rent expiry against the owners' wish?

If what you have described above is the correct state of things, then the house is not
safe for you. You should already be out there looking for another apartment.

If they are still threatening you despite quit notice, you should assure them that you are
not staying beyond your rent expiry and also report the case at the nearest police station.

BTW, you should have included the professor's full name and his place of employment
since he can't be the only professor whose name is popoola..

2 Likes

Re: Landlord Threatening Me:pls Help Me Lagos State Governor &well Meaning Nigerians by MuchAdo: 9:01am On Sep 13, 2021
ivolt:

Do you want to stay in the house beyond your rent expiry against the owners' wish?

If what you have described above is the correct state of things, then the house is not

Notice for a yearly tenant is 6 months!

When it should start from is what I am not sure of embarassed

1 Like

Re: Landlord Threatening Me:pls Help Me Lagos State Governor &well Meaning Nigerians by Nobody: 9:03am On Sep 13, 2021
MuchAdo:

it starts from rent expiry date, and not before expiry
Re: Landlord Threatening Me:pls Help Me Lagos State Governor &well Meaning Nigerians by MuchAdo: 9:03am On Sep 13, 2021
Vickyvice:

Ok thanks.

1 Like

Re: Landlord Threatening Me:pls Help Me Lagos State Governor &well Meaning Nigerians by ivolt: 9:08am On Sep 13, 2021
MuchAdo:

Is that the position of Lagos state law?

If that is the case, then the OP's issue is not really about threats.
Perhaps she expected to enjoy 4 months free post rental quit notice.

I believe she would have paid her yearly rent if the Landlady did not die.
A person with no financial muscle trying to enforce their rights against
desperate landlord is taking a huge risk.

Assuming she gets free legal service and all and got a favorable judgment, she will
still be eventually evicted after a few months.
Re: Landlord Threatening Me:pls Help Me Lagos State Governor &well Meaning Nigerians by MuchAdo: 9:11am On Sep 13, 2021
ivolt:

Is that the position of Lagos state law?

If that is the case, then the OP's issue is not really about threats.
Perhaps she expected to enjoy 4 months free post rental quit notice.

I believe she would have paid her yearly rent if the Landlady did not die.
A person with no financial muscle trying to enforce their rights against
desperate landlord is taking a huge risk.

Assuming she gets free legal service and all and got a favorable judgment, she will
still be eventually evicted after a few months.

Yes! Nationwide!!

She should have gotten another apartment by then @bolded

Also, only the court can evict a tenant!!!
Re: Landlord Threatening Me:pls Help Me Lagos State Governor &well Meaning Nigerians by ivolt: 9:14am On Sep 13, 2021
MuchAdo:

Yes! Nationwide!!

She should have gotten another apartment by then @bolded

Also, only the court can evict a tenant!!!
Only the court can legally evict a tenant.
I have seen situations where tenants fled even after getting favorable judgment.
Desperate landlords can go to any length to evict tenants.
Re: Landlord Threatening Me:pls Help Me Lagos State Governor &well Meaning Nigerians by Ayoleeboy007: 9:18am On Sep 13, 2021
we're you not collecting receipts? this your story self get k leg, no complete truth
Re: Landlord Threatening Me:pls Help Me Lagos State Governor &well Meaning Nigerians by MuchAdo: 9:22am On Sep 13, 2021
ivolt:

Only the court can legally evict a tenant.
I have seen situations where tenants fled even after getting favorable judgment.
Desperate landlords can go to any length to evict tenants.

Anything can happen illegally.

We should not reason based on illegalities.
Re: Landlord Threatening Me:pls Help Me Lagos State Governor &well Meaning Nigerians by SensetionalGoal(m): 9:27am On Sep 13, 2021
Did you collect receipt while playing for your rent if yes take it to any human rights organization close to you. Explain everything to them let's start from there.
Re: Landlord Threatening Me:pls Help Me Lagos State Governor &well Meaning Nigerians by OssyMalik: 9:47am On Sep 13, 2021
Is it feeding money you are looking for or to save you from your landlord?

You are not the only tenant in the house. Why is the attack pointed at you?

The story sounds fake though
Re: Landlord Threatening Me:pls Help Me Lagos State Governor &well Meaning Nigerians by PlsHelp762(f): 2:50pm On Sep 13, 2021
OssyMalik:
Is it feeding money you are looking for or to save you from your landlord?

You are not the only tenant in the house. Why is the attack pointed at you?

The story sounds fake though

How can you be this callous??

You call my story fake, what am passing through i shared it for people to help and you are calling it fake. So if am not the only one in the house does that mean they must attack everybody in the house before my story can be real? How do you even think? This is very callous of you.
Re: Landlord Threatening Me:pls Help Me Lagos State Governor &well Meaning Nigerians by PlsHelp762(f): 6:30pm On Sep 13, 2021
ivolt:

If they are still threatening you despite quit notice, you should assure them that you are
not staying beyond your rent expiry and also report the case at the nearest police station.

BTW, you should have included the professor's full name and his place of employment
since he can't be the only professor whose name is popoola..

Everything i said is the true situation.

He is professor Popoola at university of Ibadan. But the house is in Lagos.
Re: Landlord Threatening Me:pls Help Me Lagos State Governor &well Meaning Nigerians by PlsHelp762(f): 6:33pm On Sep 13, 2021
Ayoleeboy007:
we're you not collecting receipts? this your story self get k leg, no complete truth

They did not deny my payments. Evidence of payment is available. Everything has been stated in my story.
Re: Landlord Threatening Me:pls Help Me Lagos State Governor &well Meaning Nigerians by donsimon2(m): 2:01pm On Sep 15, 2021
This is not true for Lagos State at least. Please don't mislead people.
Vickyvice:
Re: Landlord Threatening Me:pls Help Me Lagos State Governor &well Meaning Nigerians by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 15, 2021
donsimon2:
This is not true for Lagos State at least. Please don't mislead people.
. L live in Delta... It's d law here

(1) (Reply)

Sales And Lease Update Arround Yaba Axis / 3 Bedroom Bungalow At Metro Apartments Ibadan And Spread Payment For 24 Months / Female Roommate Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.