Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,110 members, 7,849,463 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:03 PM

Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post (33935 Views)

ATTENTION: Teachers, Nurses, Others Can Now Get Australian Visa In Just 3 Days / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 14, 2021
HarryDuce:
This is treading into hogwash territory. You should click on the link in the screenshot and do some reading for yourself. Na you no know wetin you go screenshot.

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Gamesmart: 11:39am On Sep 14, 2021
They need someone like Trump in Australia to Thump these lunatic liberals and left-wing baasstards!
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Gamesmart: 11:41am On Sep 14, 2021
daddytime:
Serves her right.

Since she's homophobic, what is she going to find in a country that respects and accommodates homos?

Hypocrites as usual.

Foolishness.

So it is everyone in the country that respects or accommodates homosexuals?

Or she is going there to attack homosexuals?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by EgunMogaji2: 12:01pm On Sep 14, 2021
TripleOh7:

Wrong.

Immigration is not a privilege.

It is a right actually.

People emigrate for various reasons ranging from survival to education.

It is your right to apply for visa anywhere in the world and it is the right of that country to deny you entrance into their country WITH SUFFICIENT REASONS.

The fact that you hold a contrary opinion on a subject matter isn't sufficient enough reason.

Do you suppose an American, Canadian or Brit who holds the same opinion as that lady would be denied entry into Australia too?

Puhleeezze...

Siiggghhhh
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 14, 2021
He who is down fears no fall. If I were in her shoes, I would give that VO a label too before I leave that office, which is that while I'm proudly homophobic, he/she is a delusional mothafucka who should give in to his/her fetish and eat shit after I leave.

These DULL ppl cant understand that there is freedom of association and also DISSOCIATION. You cannot be friends with everyone. You cannot possibly interact with everyone and every personality. You shd have a choice in who you want to interact with, at least on a personal level. If it is on a professional level wetin concern me with person wey decide to bleep tree No one brings that to work, no one gets to rub shit in my face at work, heck it probably won't even be something apparent, except you are told or something. But no, they want me to forcefully love and cheer on a set of ppl. I say they can all go to hell! Unrepentant racists, handing out homophobia labels. They shd cure their own illness first
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by EgunMogaji2: 12:03pm On Sep 14, 2021
Newton85:
Exactly. Awon hypocritical werey!

One is even claiming that immigration is a right and not a privilege grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Gamesmart: 12:05pm On Sep 14, 2021
Morningblues:
She has the right to be homophobic, same way the country also have the right to deny her entry. If you hate LGBT people what are you doing in a country that respect and protect them.

Homophobic Nigerians want to leave this country to Canada and other countries where LGBTQ people have rights? You don't like your countries & want to protect your culture again?

Let be mindful of the things we type here please. It might be used against us tomorrow.

Let her try Iran, Iraq and Afghanistan or Kenya, those are homophobic countries. They would accommodate her

Foolishness.

And the same Westerners don't try to go and work in the Middle East?

What has one's objection to (or acceptance of) homosexuality got to do with their right to live, study or work in another country if there is no evidence you are going to come and use it to cause trouble?

Why are you people so dumb with what you see oyinbo do?
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by JoeOdion(m): 12:06pm On Sep 14, 2021
Nathan2016:

Yo are a Moooroon

Thank you and God bless you. Someday God will expose himself to you and save you.
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 14, 2021
Gamesmart:

Foolishness.

And the same Westerners don't try to go and work in the Middle East?

What has one's objection to (or acceptance of) homosexuality got to do with their right to live, study or work in another country if there is no evidence you are going to come and use it to cause trouble?

Why are you people so dumb with what you see oyinbo do?
they are very very dumb. Racist bunch handing out homophobia labels. I'ma tell emm to go bleep themselves with the widest grin on my face.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Newton85: 12:30pm On Sep 14, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

One is even claiming that immigration is a right and not a privilege grin
Lol.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by WoundedLamb: 1:43pm On Sep 14, 2021
They said she's homophobic. Lol. Please, is she not homophobic? You think gay people should be killed or jailed and you're doing everything possible to migrate to a society where they're treated as the humans that they are. Please, let's move on to the next topic.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by WoundedLamb: 1:47pm On Sep 14, 2021
Akwamkpuruamu:
Evil world. So we should support homosexuality...

Tufiakwa
Nobody ever said she should support it. She's only asked to stay where it's not supported. You can't deny some people right in your country and run to another country where everyone has rights to live life.
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Flamemignon1(m): 1:58pm On Sep 14, 2021
slimghost:

As a health worker, she only highlighted the health dangers of gay males. That’s not homophobia.
The world has really gone nuts!
This is an old post and sadly her ignorance shot her in the leg.
First and foremost, she could have highlighted the dangers of anal sex, not gay sex because both queer and straight couples practice anal sex.
Moreover, sex naturally has it's dangers so her just choosing to speak on anal sex alone in homosexual men stems from pure ignorance and homophobia, not all gay men have anal sex.
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by cescky(m): 2:08pm On Sep 14, 2021
daddytime:

Dingbat

It's easy to see how you wake the people who brought you to the world to be a curse upon them up from the bed every morning.

If your poverty ravaged father could afford a condom this uselessness could havebeen avoided.. And all the money gotten from begging under bridge to send you to a so called school would have been saved
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by crafteck(m): 2:14pm On Sep 14, 2021
People talking rubbish here, they dont allow her in doesn't mean she will die, if she is homophobic but has the cure to covid, dem go talk shit?
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by donhils: 2:14pm On Sep 14, 2021
UTILITYMAY:

What is this?
Lol

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Gamesmart: 2:46pm On Sep 14, 2021
winterfell007:
Serves her right, religious dingbat!! . Nigeria must learn to be open minded and all embracing. You all better believe that there are homosexuals and atheists in this country. and they've got as much as right as you are.

And is Australia open-minded and all embracing?

Continue talking from your ass!
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Gamesmart: 2:48pm On Sep 14, 2021
Gilbertase:
they are very very dumb. Racist bunch handing out homophobia labels. I'ma tell emm to go bleep themselves with the widest grin on my face.

Dumb people!

They don't recognise the dangers of totalitarianism and see that that is what some are attempting in Australia.

They just have very low IQ.
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Gamesmart: 2:50pm On Sep 14, 2021
TripleOh7:
Crap

First, don't believe all Twitter stories. Most of them are for clout chasing.

Second if it's true, then you should understand that Australia is a deeply racist country and any opportunity they have to deny you a visa, they will.

Third, homosexuality is evil. EVIL

There's nothing like "live and let live" here.

Don't mind them.

And one foool was talking nonsense about "open-minded" and "all embracing".

Same Australia?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by HarryDuce(m): 3:21pm On Sep 14, 2021
TripleOh7:
There are no absolutes as I said. And Since we're using Wikipedia.

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 14, 2021
MajorOvakporaye:

Keep kwayet there!!!

You should shut up if you don't have anything reasonable to say! If you like ban me, na you sabi. I speak my mind no matter who you think you are

Typical Nigerian.! loud, abrasive and full of emotions devoid of any logic. Next you will want to fight and throw punches.

Mynd has made very reasonable points and you have no answer or any logical response in rebuttal. You have now retorted to screaming, name-calling and insults.
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Poleski: 4:05pm On Sep 14, 2021
Majority of Nigerians are homophobic and misogynist
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Eviana(f): 8:19pm On Sep 14, 2021
It's interesting how society has deemed it acceptable to call someone "homophobic" even when he/she is not. If the woman didn't call for death, prison or any form of physical or pyschological harm, then why label her or deny her entry? Even in developed countries, not all support the LGBT+ lifestyle.
Stating facts about the dangers of same-sex relations is not "homophobia". It's purely facts.

I find it hypocritical that Nigerians here on Nairaland can call one segment of the society homophobic when the general culture of Nigeria--and these percentages may have risen-- (50 percent Muslim, 40 percent Christian and 10 percent indigenous religion) all claim to be against homosexuality.

To the poster(s) saying Nigerians are basically hypocrites.
That may be very true...
The other side of the coin though is:
Perhaps a lot of Nigerians are suffering from Stockholm syndrome (research for those who don't know)....which would make them want to go to a country that is Islamic yet has wealth and beauty that surpasses most. Forgetting that leaving one abuser to go to another...is lost in the desire for something better.
Maybe Nigerians want to relocate to a country (regardless of its LGBTQ+ friendly laws--and their disagreement with it) simply because they want to live in a free, civilized, non- tribal discriminatory, religiously tolerant country....one that has opportunities for all.
Escaping an oppresser--in whichever form/way it comes-- will cause many to do unimaginable things when they're the minority.

P.S. Australia has been known to be a very racist country....towards blacks that is...be you African, Islander, or American. One's more liable to be denied entry based on "race" more than anything else.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by cooooooks(m): 2:44pm On Sep 15, 2021
I've been warning people about this for many years.
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by MiamiePizza(m): 11:37am On Sep 16, 2021
Kaysnow:

What if you don’t have an fb account?
They may not believe you or ask for other SM accounts. Reason they may ask for your SM handle is if they doubt your statements or documents...
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 16, 2021
MiamiePizza:

They may not believe you or ask for other SM accounts. Reason they may ask for your SM handle is if they doubt your statements or documents...
Okay cos I only do IG and Twitter I don’t have an fb
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Onyxnaija: 11:44pm On Sep 17, 2021
TripleOh7:
[s][/s]

I understand where you're coming from.

A homosexual probably thinks everyone is also homosexual and it's a matter of time before all of us come out of the closet.

Whether you think I'm homosexual or not is your personal problem.

The basis of my conclusion is not based on religion or my sexual orientation which you seem to know all about.

Just jumping like kangaroo into conclusions.

Did I mention religion in my first post? Or did I tell you I'm Christian? I'm struggling here not to use any insulting words on you but you make it hard.

You think because of the fear of being labeled as one of you we'd stop condemning what's wrong?

Sexual or romantic attraction to someone of the same gender is a particular kind of psychological disorder.

Glorifying it won't change that medical fact.

Denying it means that you don't think of getting professional help. The earlier you acknowledge your problem, the faster you'll realize you need help.

Australia is a largely racist country. The fact that they tolerate you and give you crumbs doesn't change that fact either.

You think highly of them because the average African falls over himself to get a smile from a white person. So I understand your position on that.

Again you’ve shown your ignorance with your misconceptions. You obviously have not set foot on any land outside of Nigeria or Africa, and it shows in your unrefined, antiquated views on life and your rush to condemn an entire nation. Furthermore, your reply has confirmed that you know nothing about Australia or it’s people, hence you are a complete waste of my time. Cheers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abuja-Kaduna Road Accident Claims 22 Lives As Bus Goes Up In Flames (Photo) / Can I Travel To Trinidad And Tobago Visa Free / Rehabilitation Work Commences At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport In Abuja. See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.