Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,849 members, 7,813,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

Why Do Muslims Always Bear Mohammed - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Do Muslims Always Bear Mohammed (6605 Views)

Do Muslims See Visions And Fall In Trance? / Why Do Muslims Ask Their Women To Stay Behind During Prayer? / What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Muslims Always Bear Mohammed by TheDevilIsALai: 4:07pm On Sep 13, 2021
You don't see Hindus naming their children Krishna or Budhists doing same by name their kids Budhha. Neither do you see we Christians naming our Kids Jesus or the likes of Jews naming their kids after Satan.

So why the big deal on naming your kids Mohammed?
Re: Why Do Muslims Always Bear Mohammed by Aboks(m): 4:21pm On Sep 13, 2021
OK
Re: Why Do Muslims Always Bear Mohammed by haekymbahdx: 9:08am On Sep 14, 2021
TheDevilIsALai:
You don't see Hindus naming their children Krishna or Budhists doing same by name their kids Budhha. Neither do you see we Christians naming our Kids Jesus or the likes of Jews naming their kids after Satan.

So why the big deal on naming your kids Mohammed?
There is only one God and Muhammad was only a messenger.

The other names you mentioned their followers take them as God that is why they don't name their kids such name for Muslims since Muhammad is not God then they can name their children Muhammad.

You will never see Muslims name their kid Allah.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Always Bear Mohammed by haekymbahdx: 2:27pm On Sep 14, 2021
advocatejare:

What is the meaning of Muhammad? It means “the praised one”

Only God is the one that deserves to be praised. But Abu Qasim equated himself to god by answering Muhammad which means “the praised one “

Now answer us, who is the praised one? Muhammad or Allah?

Only God is the one that deserves to be praised. But Abu Qasim equated himself to god by answering Muhammad which means “the praised one “

Now answer us, who is the praised one? Muhammad or Allah?
When the name of God is written you will see the definite article the or a sign that only God bears this. e.g Al Azeez, Al mulik e.t.c

Muhammad means Praised one and not the Praised one

Same way Jesus is Lord while the only supreme God is the Lord.

Psalm 110

1 THE LORD (God) says to my Lord (the Messiah), Sit at My right hand, until I make Your adversaries Your footstool.(A)

Now answer us who is The Lord Jesus or Yahwe.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Always Bear Mohammed by haekymbahdx: 5:32pm On Sep 14, 2021
advocatejare:

So where is the Al before Allah?
in case you don't know

Illah means god while Allah (Al-illah) means The God

John 1:1

En arkhêi ên ho lógos, kaì ho lógos ên pròs tòn theón, kaì theòs ên ho lógos.

In the beginning existed the Word, and the Word existed with the God, and a god was the Word.

ton theon - The God (with definite article the) Noun used to identify a something

theos- a god (without definite article the) Adjective used to describe something

So in essence "the word(Jesus) was not the God)

In short Jesus is Illah (god) while God is Allah.

Hence we say There is no other god (illah) except GOD (Allah) and prophet Muhammad (Praised one) is his Messenger

advocatejare:

So Muhammad is praised one to you? That means Muhammad is your god. Because only God is worthy of praise
He is praised one and not the Praised one

advocatejare:

The Bible verse you quoted does not support your analogy. The words translated as Lord are of different meaning in Hebrew.

None of them have “the” prefix.

The first word translated as word is Yahweh while the second one is Adonai. If the translators had retained the two names without making attempt to translate both as Lord , you won’t be confused like this.

in the bible God is expressed as either The Lord or LORD (all in block letter) it is different from lord (Teacher, prophet)

The same David also called Saul his Lord I guess your God is more than 3 (triune)

1 Samuel 24:8
8 David also arose afterward and went out of the cave and called after Saul, saying, My lord the king! And when Saul looked behind him, David bowed with his face to the earth and did obeisance.

Who is now confused?

Only God the creator of heavens and earth is The Lord.

Jesus is Lord(Teacher, prophet) and not The Lord (God)

Isaiah 61

1 THE SPIRIT of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed and qualified me to preach the Gospel of good tidings to the meek, the poor, and afflicted; He has sent me to bind up and heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the [physical and spiritual] captives and the opening of the prison and of the eyes to those who are bound,(A)

Mathew 7
21 Not everyone who says to Me, Lord, Lord, will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father Who is in heaven.

Jesus said

"Indeed, Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him. That is the straight path."
(QS. Aal-i-Imraan 3: Verse 51)

Lord (Teacher) while The Lord (God)

* Via Qur'an English http://quran-en.com

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Always Bear Mohammed by haekymbahdx: 7:13pm On Sep 14, 2021
advocatejare:

I’ll take you serious the day you recite your shahada as “There is no God except The God”
English and Arabic don't always enjoy a one on one relationship.

In English the could differentiate between God and god by changing the case of the letter but Arabic language doesn't work like this.

In Arabic it is not ideal to differentiate illah with Illah just by changing the case. That is Arabic for you.

Rather you will say

There is no god but God (if you are to write in English)

Not

There is no God but God

advocatejare:

If the Arabic word for Praised one is Muhammad, what’s the Arabic word for “the praised one” is it “Al-Muhammad “?

So one of the names of Allah is “Al-Muhammad “?

Muhammad was derived from the word hamad.

One of the names of Allah is Al- Hamid
Re: Why Do Muslims Always Bear Mohammed by haekymbahdx: 12:36am On Sep 15, 2021
advocatejare:

So it’s no longer about “the”?

Guy, you’re just confused
English and Arabic are 2 different language with different rules. You can compare Arabic with the language the bible was originally written [Greek] if you are to write in English then you should follow it's laws

There is no god but God

Same reason muslims prefer saying Allah than God because English does not really do justice to the name when pronounced because it has the same sound. It can only be diffrentiated in English when it is written down.

Hence we say

There is no god except Allah or There is no god except God

advocatejare:

It doesn’t work that way, you said Muhammad is praise one, so Allah should be Al-Muhammad according to your logic of “The”

If you can’t prove it that means in Islam Muhammad is equal to Allah as both of them are praised.

Your Fatiha says alhamdulilah, meaning praises to ilah which is God, not The God, you also called Muhammad “praised one “

Allah and Muhammad are sharing praises.

How can a human being be called praised one, all praises belong to God.

So when you name your children Muhammad or when you refer to Abu Qasim as “praised one”, you’re committing shirk attributing praise to humans
Al Hamid or Ya Hamidu = The All Paise Worthy

Ahmad = Praised One

Both the name don't have same meaning. Allah have beautiful 99 names.

The name Ahmed is for human because the meaning of Ahmad don't contain “all praise” and if the name don't contain “all praise” it don't suit to be the name of Allah. Allah is the all praise worthy. All praise is only for Allah.

David called Saul "my lord" are you implying Saul is also Yahwe or Jesus

1 Samuel 24:8
8 David also arose afterward and went out of the cave and called after Saul, saying, My lord the king! And when Saul looked behind him, David bowed with his face to the earth and did obeisance.
Re: Why Do Muslims Always Bear Mohammed by haekymbahd(m): 10:40am On Sep 15, 2021
advocatejare:

You lied again. The Old Testament was written in Hebrew not Greek, the New Testament was the one written in Greek
What difference does it make.

Mark 12
29 Jesus answered, The first and principal one of all commands is: Hear, O Israel, The Lord our God is one Lord;

Christians say Jesus is lord

So who is The Lord our God?

Is lord (Jesus) the same as The Lord our God?

Different language has different rules governing them. The is used to identify something in Greek

The equivalent of The god (Al- Illah) in English is God or GOD (all in block letters) based on the context.

advocatejare:

You said god is Ilah and Allah is Al-Ilah which means The God. Don’t change your words
I am not changing my word we were talking about Arabic if you decide to go the English way you must follow their rule.

English and Arabic don't necessarily have a one on one relationship.

advocatejare:

What does your creed on nairaland say? At least you’re not saying that one, it’s written so their can’t be confusion there.

Why does it read "I believe that there is no god/God but Allah and Muhammad is His Prophet." And not

"I believe that there is no god/God but The God and Muhammad is His Prophet."
Since it is English

You can say There is no God except GOD (all in block letters). or

There is no god except God

Or

There is no god/God except GOD/Allah

In English changing the case of a letter can change the meaning also this rule does not work with Arabic language.

advocatejare:

In short, both Muhammad and Allah deserve your praise?
Humans praise each other, I am sure you have been praised by your colleague for being an anti Islam personell on this forum. Yet you are not God whereas only God deserves all the the praise.

When they thank you, you would say don't thank me but thank God because God won't come down himself (like christian belief) rather he will use someone to help another.

When one praise Muhammad you have to know there was a being who was behind it and Muhammad couldn't have done it alone. He alone deserves all the praise

advocatejare:

Initially you said “The” was the difference, now u want to change your mind?
I don't know if I have changed my stance but certainly I am not a scholar but I am here to prove my claim that mahammad is not bearing the same name with Allah. You claim they bear the same name.

Al- Hamid is different from Hamad.

advocatejare:

Allah and Muhammad both share praises. Shirk. Allah is Muhammad and Muhammad is Allah
Humans praise each other that doesn't mean They are the all praise worthy

This 2 names have different meanings entirely humans can't bear Al- Hamid...

advocatejare:

People use the word Lord as respect, it means master. Sarah referred to Abraham as her Lord.

But no one ever used the word “Elohim” or “Yahweh” for human being as a form of respect

Anywhere “Lord your God” appears in the Bible the word translated as Lord in that context is Yahweh which is the name of the only true God of the universe.

I can also show you in the Quran where the word Lord was used for someone other than God, so your analogy doesn’t have substance

Is Jesus the Lord our God

Or

Is Jesus lord

Mark 12
29 Jesus answered, The first and principal one of all commands is: Hear, O Israel, The Lord our God is one Lord;

Who is the Lord our God (Jesus or Yahwe)
Re: Why Do Muslims Always Bear Mohammed by AntiChristian: 12:44pm On Sep 15, 2021
advocatejare:

Muhammad means praised one as you said, Quran says all praises belong to Allah, so why is Muhammad a praised one if all praises belong to Allah. If all praises belong to Allah, that means Muhammad shouldn’t be “praised one” except of course if you’re saying Muhammad and Allah are the same.

Chai! See reasoning!

Premise 1. Muhammad= Praiseworthy

Premise 2. Allah is the one who deserves all praise and thanks.

Conclusion. Muhammad = Allah!

There is no deity worthy of Worship except Allah and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah! (You should be able to see the difference clearly)
You just like spacious argument upon nothing!
Re: Why Do Muslims Always Bear Mohammed by haekymbahd(m): 2:24pm On Sep 15, 2021
advocatejare:

The difference it makes is that you’re a liar and you don’t have your facts straight. Greek and Hebrew are not the same
I said the bible was originally written in Greek did I specify whether old or new testament.

New testament is also the bible and it was written in Greek so I didn't lie?

John 1:1

En arkhêi ên ho lógos, kaì ho lógos ên pròs tòn theón, kaì theòs ên ho lógos.

In the beginning existed the Word, and the Word existed with the God, and a god was the Word.

ton theon - The God (with definite article the) Noun used to identify a something

theos- a god (without definite article the) Adjective used to describe something

So in essence "the word(Jesus) was not tthe God..

advocatejare:

Jesus quoted Deuteronomy 6:4 which reads: Hear, O Israel: The LORD (Yahweh) our God (Elohim), the LORD (Yahweh) is one.

When Christians say Jesus is Lord, the Lord in that context is not Yahweh but Master/Leader.

Christians never claim Jesus is Yahweh.

[b]Yahweh is the only true God,
Jesus (Yeshua - Yahweh saves) is the Son of Yahweh that He sent to the world to save humanity from their sins
[/b]

You are a trinitarian so define trinity 3 in 1 God in respect to your definition above that only Yahwe is the true and only God.

advocatejare:

Like I said, the Quran, Allah is referred to as Rabbi/Robbi which means Lord but humans are also referred to Rabbi/Robbi in the Quran which means Lord as in master
Are you saying Jesus is not co equal with God?

John 20
17 Jesus said to her, Do not cling to Me [do not hold Me], for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to My brethren and tell them, I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.

I only want you to define Trinity?

advocatejare:

I’ve lectured you on this already, I won’t waste my time on it again, you can scroll up and re read my previous submission to get a better understanding
Likewise have I done the same.

advocatejare:

Muhammad means praised one as you said, Quran says all praises belong to Allah, so why is Muhammad a praised one if all praises belong to Allah. If all praises belong to Allah, that means Muhammad shouldn’t be “praised one” except of course if you’re saying Muhammad and Allah are the same.
Al Hamid or Ya Hamidu = The All Paise Worthy

Ahmad = Praised One

Both the name don't have same meaning. Allah have beautiful 99 names.

The name Ahmed is for human because the meaning of Ahmad don't contain “all praise” and if the name don't contain “all praise” it don't suit to be the name of Allah. Allah is the all praise worthy. All praise is only for Allah.
Re: Why Do Muslims Always Bear Mohammed by AntiChristian: 2:49pm On Sep 15, 2021
advocatejare:

Only God is praise worthy. Stop committing shirk, if Allah is truly God, Allah and Muhammad can’t be sharing praise

grin Ignorance and arrogance no go kuku kill you! So which Muhammad is now "Praiseworthy" as Allah? Is it Muhammad the Rasul of Allah or all of the millions that bear Muhammad on earth?

No one is comparable onto Allah

And for your information Aliy means lofty! Allah is Lofty and people bear the name Aliy too!

We bear names on a human level. Allah has His lofty names on His Majestic level.

Allah called the Prophet Rauuf (full of pity & Kind) and Raheem (merciful) which are part of his names as Allah is Al-Rauuf and Al-Raheem.

English is hard for you, the meaning of worthy is “to deserve something or someone “

So saying Muhammad is praiseworthy and that Allah deserves praise means the same thing. Muhammad had equated himself to Allah by claiming that he was praiseworthy, and he wanted people to call him by that name rather than his other popular name, Abu Qasim. Abu Bakr didn’t have issue with his name even though it means father of young camel (foal) but Muhammad wanted to share praise with Allah

So you have also agreed ? grin

But both Allah and Muhammad are worthy of or praise worthy? grin

Which Muhammad or is it all Muhammad? lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Muslims Always Bear Mohammed by AntiChristian: 3:11pm On Sep 15, 2021
advocatejare:

When Muslims name their children Muhammad, which Muhammad do they have in mind?
Same way we name Aliy too while we have Aliy as a companion and Allah is Al-Aliyyu!

Which Muhammad is Abu Qasim but preferred to be called the praised one?
It is Abu al-Qasim (father of Qasim) and this is a kunya not a real name. His real name is Muhammad or Ahmad.

Which Muhammad do Muslims believe , as written in the ahadith that he and Allah know best and that the earth belongs to him and Allah thereby claiming partnership with Allah in praise, wisdom and ownership of the earth!
The one who shares praise with Allah, knows best like Allah and whose the earth belongs to as Allah is comparable onto Allah
Abeg make I go drink water as you don dey regurgitate same jargons again! Continue wallowing in your ignorance and arrogance!

Alhamdulillahi!
Re: Why Do Muslims Always Bear Mohammed by haekymbahd(m): 3:34pm On Sep 15, 2021
advocatejare:

It’s typical of you people, I won’t waste my time on this

You’re just doing copy and paste. What is the relevance of this to what we are talking about? Did I say Jesus was God?

I told you that Jesus being Lord means Master/Leader and not God. You’re obviously very confused

Where did I say that I am trinitarian? Please quote me.

It’s obvious you’re a drowning man who is looking for what to cling to!

What I have written is still there, go and read it again

You’re the one bringing trinity into the discussion. So I expect you to tell us what it means and tell us if that word exists in the Bible.

Stop doing copy and paste and learn how to engage in cerebral discussion because you’re mixing things up already

But I understand that I’ve battered you so much that you don’t know what you’re doing again grin
The same way you are saying Yahwe is the Lord our God while Jesus is lord (Master, Teacher)

The same Logic applies to

Al- Hameed (The All praise worthy) and Muhammad (Praised one)
Re: Why Do Muslims Always Bear Mohammed by haekymbahd(m): 3:54am On Sep 16, 2021
advocatejare:

I’ve seen it. Both Allah and Muhammad take your praises!

Point taken

Next time, don’t be copying preformed answers. Always be practical when debating with people. Imagine you lying that I wrote what I never wrote. Chai

So who said this below

advocatejare:

When Christians say Jesus is Lord, the Lord in that context is not Yahweh but Master/Leader.

Christians never claim Jesus is Yahweh.

[b]Yahweh is the only true God,
Jesus (Yeshua - Yahweh saves) is the Son of Yahweh that He sent to the world to save humanity from their sins

Wheareas your brother in the Lord had said this

jantm/an:

We are not worshiping Jehovah. We christian worship the one and only true God- Jesus Himself.

Trinitarians are only confusing themselves. I had earlier told you to define your own version of trinity because I know if we get 10 christian and ask them to define their version of trinity then we will get Atleast 5 different religions...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Always Bear Mohammed by AntiChristian: 8:18am On Sep 16, 2021
haekymbahd:

So who said this below

Wheareas your brother in the Lord had said this

Trinitarians are only confusing themselves. I had earlier told you to define your own version of trinity because I know if we get 10 christian and ask them to define their version of trinity then we will get Atleast 5 different religions...

No mind them. Some call Jesus same as Yahweh. Some differentiate them calling Jesus son of God. Alhamdulillah, matters of Lordship shouldn't be so muddled up like this. And some Christians believe God is only one.

This your conclusion get power o!
Re: Why Do Muslims Always Bear Mohammed by ANTIlSLAM(m): 10:55am On Sep 16, 2021
advocatejare:

You were having discussion with me here and not with him so you should have faced only me.

Most of the things you wrote here about Muhammad and Allah are things your brother in Islam Babaheekmat wouldn’t agree with.

Are you Ahlu Sunnah?

Do you eat with spoons or with your fingers?

Do you go to the graveyards to pray in the middle of the night like Muhammad did?

Are you a Mumayiun like Antichristian?

Are Shia Muslims ?

Are Ahmaddiya Muslims?

If they are tell us the reason, if they are not, then tell us who a Muslim is

What version of Islam do you practice? Are you sunni or shia, Ahmmadiya etc. if you’re Sunni, are you salaf or sufi etc? Tell me so that I can know what you are

I didn’t mention trinity in my discussion but because you didn’t have anything meaningful to contribute to the debate again, you swerved into the bush, but I won’t allow you do that. If you want to talk about other things, open thread for it and mention me and I’ll answer you if it’s what is in the scriptures.

Let me call Babaheekmat for you so that he can hand over your certificate of Kafir to you too.

cheesy Babaheekmat please come oo haekymbah and AntiChristian needs Certificate of Kafir here abeg
Re: Why Do Muslims Always Bear Mohammed by ANTIlSLAM(m): 12:16pm On Sep 16, 2021
AntiChristian:

No mind them. Some call Jesus same as Yahweh. Some differentiate them calling Jesus son of God. Alhamdulillah, matters of Lordship shouldn't be so muddled up like this. And some Christians believe God is only one.

This your conclusion get power o!

Ngbo Alfa Rashidi, your brother Babaheekmat has not returned from the graveyards where he went to pray like your ojise nla as we await him to hand over to you and your second haekymbahd the certificate of kafir
Re: Why Do Muslims Always Bear Mohammed by Babaheekmat: 12:34pm On Sep 16, 2021
I intentionally not answer to the mentions of the ediots..

Muslims know the answer the question the dumbass asked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are You A Traveler? Learn How And When To Shorten Solat! / 60 Ways to Show Love to Your Wife from an Islamic Perspective / Important Reminder In Our Daily Life And Deen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.