Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,809 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Beggars And The Way They Beg - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Beggars And The Way They Beg (748 Views)

Man On His Kneels To Beg Rich Man In Car For Money In Lagos / Our Network Providers And The Annoying Way They Treat Subscribers / Have You Ever Encountered "Professional" Beggars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beggars And The Way They Beg by afrobaby(f): 11:33am On May 25, 2011
Recently, I noticed that miost beggars in Lagos have this annoying attitude when you don't give them money.
Beggars on alaka estate bridge, barracks bridge and even some other areas, when they see you approaching, they will start begging, sister, give me money now, sebi am begging you, haba, give me something now,
And when they notice you are not showing any sign of giving them anything, they will change their tone, haa, sister, why now, give me now, I take God beg you now, give me now,God will bless you if you give me etc
If you finally walk pass them, they will start uttering some words, I guess they are abusive words!!! what a world we live in
Can't something be done to rehabilitate the beggars, look for a place to keep them compulsorily insead of begging.
The most annoying part is that, at times you look at the person begging and you won't be able to identify what is actually wrong with the person that made him/her start begging
What do u think
Re: Beggars And The Way They Beg by Abbycrown(f): 12:06pm On May 25, 2011
I think the Lagos State government has made a provision for a rehabilitation center for this purpose and even made a law about the issue that anyone caught giving alms to beggars by the road side shall be jailed for two years, although the law is yet to be apparent.
Re: Beggars And The Way They Beg by afrobaby(f): 3:30pm On May 25, 2011
Are yu serious, my fiance told me something like that but I thot he was joking o

(1) (Reply)

The Most Beautiful Lady On Nairaland. / Who Will Save 'nigeria' From The Boko Haram's? / The Armedmilitia Marched Unstoppedthrough Nigeria's Largest City,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.