Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,055 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? (45987 Views)

Dangote Farms Faces Liquidation For ‘Defaulting’ On Arbitral Award / What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? / Failed E-transactions: Report Defaulting Banks To Us- CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by November24(f): 6:46am On Sep 14, 2021
AntiWailer:

Madam Lapo na structured MFB.

Most of this app no even get lending license they are just hiding under digital app.

Have u interacted with some of their recovery people and see how terrible and unprofessional they communicate ?

I do know.
But it makes it worse,because they don't even have cbn backing.

Physical contact is a long way bro.
Nor try am.
Me I know what I'm saying,if they beat by mistake,that money don go except the person na ode.

Even ifeayi una dey owe.
Talk with them.

Even dem.dey fear.

Sokoloan wasn't fined by CBN ,but NITTDA. Yes they were fined

1 Like

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by correctyourself(m): 6:47am On Sep 14, 2021
Anuoluwagbemiga:
Hello nairalanders,I borrowed 15000 from a app loan and I failed to return the money on the date I suppose to .Now they keep sending messages to some people on my WhatsApp contact that I'm dubious bla bla bla and im planning to pay it back but they are not ready to listen and they even said they will publish my name may be on news papers.please what else can they do to me.pleaee don't mind my typo error

Good day, please be informed that **** ****
is indebted to a loan company and has refused to pay, is acting dubious kindly notify he to avoid being publish as a criminal.to pay today to avoid embarrassment.[/img]Hello nairalanders,I borrowed 15000 from a app loan and I failed to return the money on the date I suppose to .Now they keep sending messages to some people on my WhatsApp contact that I'm dubious bla bla bla and im planning to pay it back but they are not ready to listen and they even said they will publish my name may be on news papers.please what else can they do to me.pleaee don't mind my typo error

Good day, please be informed that (my name)
is indebted to a loan company and has refused to pay, is acting dubious kindly notify he to avoid being publish as a criminal.to pay today to avoid embarrassment.

Try to get the amount you're owing and even if it takes you the next one month to get it so far you pay the exact amount and don't listen to those increase when you pay, after all their interest rate is too high with shorter period to repay, they their selves are crook.
Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by AntiWailer: 6:50am On Sep 14, 2021
November24:

I do know.
But it makes it worse,because they don't even have cbn backing.

Physical contact is a long way bro.
Nor try am.
Me I know what I'm saying,if they beat by mistake,that money don go except the person na ode.

Even ifeayi una dey owe.
Talk with them.

Even dem.dey fear.

Sokoloan wasn't fined by CBN ,but NITTDA. Yes they were fined

Don't dare them. I know the inner workings.

Nobody will come and attack u and tell u who sent them..

They av moles in Telco, with Ur mobile number to know where u sleep is as easy as ABC

As for the kidnap and beating , u will attribute it to bandits.

Like I said , borrow and pay back or stay away from them.

If you are unable to pay, just manage them
Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by Mvena(f): 6:52am On Sep 14, 2021
All na gra gra, they will be sending messages nothing will happen. No fear

1 Like

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by samguru(m): 6:53am On Sep 14, 2021
Well,it's expected of you to pay back any loan you took if not for anything at least for helping those in that loan to keep their jobs.

On the other hand,the country is very hard to live in now,the purchasing power is fast declining and people must eat and meet up with their daily obligations.
The interest rates on these loans are killing,how can a company gives a loan for 7 days and charge 25%?

My advice,If you don't have money now,just go and look for the money and if you can't get it now,be picking their calls and keep reassuring them you will pay back as soon as you have the money.
They cannot arrest you,it is an unsecured loan , the worst they can do is to keep insulting and sending damaging messages to your contacts and these may affect your credit rating.
Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by November24(f): 6:53am On Sep 14, 2021
AntiWailer:

They av moles in Telco, with Ur mobile number to know where u sleep is as easy as ABC

Story. Story.
No wonder,u work with them,you guys put fear in people at the end na mouth.

So they will pay Telco for 15k loan.
They have ur contact cos u permit them,five months I dey my house,I warned them to dare message my contacts.
See you.

My brother pls pay back,

3 Likes

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by deebrownneymar: 6:55am On Sep 14, 2021
In sane climes they would be sued for defamation. Their action is unacceptable. I would take some sought of action against them if I were you.
Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by AntiWailer: 6:57am On Sep 14, 2021
November24:

Story. Story.
No wonder,u work with them,you guys put fear in people at the end na mouth.

So they will pay Telco for 15k loan.
They have ur contact cos u permit them,five months I dey my house,I warned them to dare message my contacts.
See you.

My brother pls pay back,

I know inner workings does not translate to I work with them but if that is how far u can comprehend no problem.

Keep Ur integrity intact. If u borrow money, pay back. It should be that simple.

Like I said u av been relating with people who are reasonable with u that is why u dey dare them to message Ur contact.

The ones I know will not ask for ur permission to engage Ur contact. They even sent message for one of my old class mates claiming she is owing them but now dead and she used me as guarantor.

Is that the humiliation u will rather suffer for 15k ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by November24(f): 7:00am On Sep 14, 2021
AntiWailer:

I know inner workings does not translate to I work with them but if that is how far u can comprehend no problem.

Keep Ur integrity intact. If u borrow money, pay back. It should be that simple.

Like I said u av been relating with people who are reasonable with u that is why u dey dare them to message Ur contact.

The ones I know will not ask for ur permission to engage Ur contact. They even sent message for one of my old class mate person claiming she is owing them but now dead and she used me as guarantor.

Is that the humiliation u will rather suffer for 15k ?

Relax man.
Humiliation is normal in this world.
Even Buhari.

Don't drive the guy to nuts.
Sorry Abt ur classmate.

You were not a guarantor.
Except you were contacted before she took the loan. U were just a random contact .
Truth is if any message is sent to my contacts,I won't pay a dime.

1 Like

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by Preciousbrave: 7:01am On Sep 14, 2021
Just block them from accessing your phone through the app settings and they won't be able to access your contacts....those loan shark guys are crazy

1 Like

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by stevechib: 7:02am On Sep 14, 2021
Kingcalls:
They can't arrest u... its even illegal to arrest anyone that has a bad loan... thats y these companies should put documents in place like getting a collateral....they can only use corrupt police to intimidate u... as long as u dint drop a post dated cheque , no one can charge u to court for failing to pay a loan... unless if its stated in the contract and u accept it but they don't put such in contracts cos its illegal... no one can go to jail for failing to pay a loan, unless they can prove beyond reasonable doubt that u diverted the funds for some other personal use ..then they can turn it to a fraud case

thats not true.. when applying for the loan i am sure you filled out and agreed to some contracts that gives the loan company legal right to prosecute you.
Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by Ovis1302(m): 7:03am On Sep 14, 2021
OP, you said you are planning to pay back your loan.
I understand that the economy is somehow ,but do all you can to pay back.

1 Like

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by AntiWailer: 7:04am On Sep 14, 2021
November24:

Relax man.
Humiliation is normal in this world.
Even Buhari.

Don't drive the guy to nuts.
Sorry Abt ur classmate.

You were not a guarantor.
Except you were contacted before she took the loan. U were just a random contact .
Truth is if any message is sent to my contacts,I won't pay a dime.

Of course I am aware I was just a random contact on the phone.

But u need to be in the classmates shoe to understand why engaging those sharks is not worth it.

She is alive but they are broadcasting that she is dead.

Imagine that kind of message sent to people u av not spoken to for over 10 years.

In my world, humiliation is not normal. There will never be a reason to borrow money from any app.

Also you can lose your job, if such message gets to your organization mistakenly.

So the message is simple

IT IS NOT WORTH IT.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by samguru(m): 7:04am On Sep 14, 2021
AntiWailer:

If you are unable to pay, just manage them

Oga am sorry ooo there is no sense in this your post.

A company will send someone to beat up her debtor because he/she has not paid back his/her loan.what if the person dies in the hands of these people,how will they recover their loan?

Like I said,the worst they can do is to continue to disgrace the debtor,.
publishing debtor's name in newspaper is expensive oooo and charging debtor to court is expensive too.

Though I am not in support of borrowing money and not willing to payback.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by vickydevoka(m): 7:04am On Sep 14, 2021
Preciousbrave:
Just block them from accessing your phone through the app settings and they won't be able to access your contacts....those loan shark guys are crazy
How
Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by AntiWailer: 7:05am On Sep 14, 2021
Preciousbrave:

They downloaded your contacts before giving u the loan bro.

It is on their server already
Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by vickydevoka(m): 7:05am On Sep 14, 2021
Preciousbrave:
They are already with the contacts
Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by chariiks(m): 7:06am On Sep 14, 2021
Please explain more on crowd funding

1 Like

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by Nobody: 7:06am On Sep 14, 2021
Failure to pay a loan does not make one a criminal.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by AntiWailer: 7:06am On Sep 14, 2021
samguru:

Oga am sorry ooo there is no sense in this your post.

A company will send someone to beat up her debtor because he/she has not paid back his/her loan.what if the person dies in the hands of these people,how will they recover their loan?

Like I said,the worst they can do is to continue to disgrace the debtor,.
publishing your name in newspaper is expensive oooo and charging you to court is expensive too.

When u read details I posted later , u will look for sense in it.

U call them company ? Laughable

U think a normal company will send message to Ur contacts that u are dead and owing them but u used a random contact u av not spoken to in 10 years as guarantor ?

I pity u
Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by November24(f): 7:09am On Sep 14, 2021
AntiWailer:

Of course I am aware I was just a random contact on the phone.

But I need to be in the classmates shoe to understand why engaging those sharks is not worth it.

She is alive but they are broadcasting that she is dead.

Imagine that kind of message sent to people u av not spoken to for over 10 years.

In my world, humiliation is not normal. There will never be a reason to borrow money from any app.

Also you can lose your job, if such message gets to your organization mistakenly.

So the message is simple

IT IS NOT WORTH IT.

I get you bro.
I get.

Me I will just start a new life men.
And Nigeria of Today,no one send u.
It's all personal hustle.

But if the guy don't have,he won't steal na.

1 Like

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:10am On Sep 14, 2021
AntiWailer:

I repeat , if they locate u, they will beat u.

Borrow and interact with recovery team. They will harrass hell out of you.

Like I said, just stay away from them. Forget that right u dnt understand that u are claiming.

Then, he can sue their ass.

Already, by sending nasty messages to his associates, they have made themselves guilty, and have turned him to the victim.

No lender has the right to harass a debtor. Highest is to report him to a regulating body. And because these lenders don't even mostly operate within the ambit of the law, they prefer to use harassment and threats to get their money back.

1 Like

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by November24(f): 7:12am On Sep 14, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

Already, by sending nasty messages to his associates, they have made themselves guilty, and have turned him to the victim.

No lender has the right to harass a debtor. Highest is to report him to a regulating body. And because these lenders don't even largely operate within the ambit of the law, they prefer to use harassment and threats to get their money back.

You say the Truth bro.i once owed five months ,they begged me to pay,I told them if my contacts are messaged it's the end.
I dared them inshort.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by AntiWailer: 7:12am On Sep 14, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

No lender has the right to harass a debtor. Highest is to report him to a regulating body. And because these lenders don't even mostly operate within the ambit of the law, they prefer to use harassment and threats to get their money back.

You already summarized the problem in the last paragraph..

Most of them don't even have licenses to lend.

You won't even know the name of the company that lend u money.

Anybody can put a name on an app in app store.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by armadeo(m): 7:13am On Sep 14, 2021
Una for quote all this laws before borrowing.

After e enter hand men don turn lawyer dey claim harassment and high interest rates.

Didn't you see those things before borrowing?

Nigerians sef!!!

4 Likes

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by Acidosis(m): 7:14am On Sep 14, 2021
You will pay that money whether you like it or not.

And note, you're not only going to pay them in cash, you will also lose your reputation and credit worthiness.

Don't because of 15k lose your ability to get a 500 million loan for your big business tomorrow. Some of you want to lose your future because of recharge card money.

4 Likes

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by frowland(m): 7:14am On Sep 14, 2021
Kingcalls:
They can't arrest u... its even illegal to arrest anyone that has a bad loan... thats y these companies should put documents in place like getting a collateral....they can only use corrupt police to intimidate u... as long as u dint drop a post dated cheque , no one can charge u to court for failing to pay a loan... unless if its stated in the contract and u accept it but they don't put such in contracts cos its illegal... no one can go to jail for failing to pay a loan, unless they can prove beyond reasonable doubt that u diverted the funds for some other personal use ..then they can turn it to a fraud case

This is a joke right?
Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:19am On Sep 14, 2021
Borrowing money is no crime talkless of them arresting u.
Nobody will arrest u.

Am presently paying back my overdue carbon and fairmoney debt simply because I engaged dem on how to diligently pay back gradually.

So try reach out to dem to help u resolve d impasse.
And as sombody advised above, "DON'T DARE BORROW 4RM A LOAN APP TO REPAY ANODA"!

go hustle money 4rm kpon-kpon or laybuké work to repay ur debt, u go dey alright las las.
gd day!
cool
Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by adetayoonas(m): 7:22am On Sep 14, 2021
Adam09:
Oga, you have integrity issue. It is better to borrow from someone you know than these loan sharks.
But you can also make money from them if you sue them for privacy violation.

U are only wasting your time if u sue them for privacy violation cos it wasn't by force they gave u d loan. U asked for it. So pay ASAP.
Your attitude to default on loan is not good at all. Go and pay your loan.
Haba. Why are we like this in this country?

It is quite sad to see people even encouraging this bad act. Loan is why Europe, America and Canada grows but people in Nigeria are great defaulters even some of our politicians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by Acidosis(m): 7:24am On Sep 14, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:
Lawlessness is in this nation. I do not understand the kind of law these loan apps operate with. I don't know about these apps until one boys started disturbing me to assist him pay back. First, he asked for N50,000 for repairing his car which I gave him, and he refunded me. And then, this loan thing came in. I told him I will not borrow him to pay back any loan because I realised he actually needed over N700k to pay all (i think up to 15 apps or so). And he used the first N50,000 fast refund as a way to show he would haved paid back if I had given him. I understood the game. I just hissed off, but I encouraged him what to do. I showed him how to get out of it, but he was not ready to listen, but was bent on collecting money from me (my money oooo). Maybe he was using juju, I dont know what gave him the boldness. When he realised I was not going to give him, he blocked me on the social media platform he used to communicate me. As soon as I realised it, I removed him from all my lists everywhere. Today, he is looking depsrately for me again, and never will I allow such in my space again. I dont want much with him again. If I say bye bye to you and you dont take it as bye bye, na you will regret it. My bye bye is bye bye. Shikena.

15 loan apps? shocked

Count yourself lucky grin

You are on your own if you give your money to a chronic debtor.
Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by Odewaleadesoye(m): 7:24am On Sep 14, 2021
Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by einsteine(m): 7:25am On Sep 14, 2021
mu2sa2:
Many people take these loans thinking they can get away without repaying - awoof, they call it. But how wrong they are! With Bvn and Nin, you can run but certainly can't ever hide. Op just pay back the paltry 15k - there's no escape route for you to dodge repaying your loan. At worst, you may try your luck with crowdfunding to free yourself.

Their licenses are not from the CBN so they actually can't deduct the money the way all of you are saying. That's why they resort to those threats. They are money lenders and not banks.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buy Instagram Followers In Nigeria - Bugva.com / Igede Lady Removes Shoes To Enter ATM Cubicle (Photo) / How I Got Inspired To Start My Own Cereal Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.