Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,246 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians (22752 Views)

Nigerians Without National ID Card Won’t Get Travel Passports, Says NIMC / National Identity Number Registration Is Free – NIMC Official / Woman From Switzerland Blasts Nigeria Immigration "They Tried To Scam Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by Poleski: 10:09pm On Sep 14, 2021
LORDKing001:

Which year u take apply?

2018 ending.
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by frankmoney(m): 10:39pm On Sep 14, 2021
Lokojatoofar:
When has Nigerian leadership ever made anything easy for its citizens? To think that Nigerians gave and can take the power back yet choose to remain helplessly docile is what baffles me
it's fellow citizens like you that are being corrupt and collecting bribe .. Nigerians are reflection of a their government
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by frankmoney(m): 10:40pm On Sep 14, 2021
latitidejavu:
All of you paying are the real corrupt individuals.

You are all impatient and seeking for who to blame for your corrupt tendencies.

My wife and I paid for the passport online and I went to the office. I was asked who is 'pushing' it for me, I replied that I didn't pay anyone anything.

They kept me there for 6 hours. I took out my laptop and was working while sitting down. After a while I got up and walked to the office of the OIC and told him that I am aware of all the people who paid 50k, 60k etc and who has been issued passports. That why are they keeping us here.

One junior office made to talk , I promptly shut him up otherwise I will write him up. Within 45 minutes I was ushered in for my capture and my booklet issued.

You are all the ones corrupting the officers. if you all show up there prepared to do the right thing then they will sit up. What happens is that everyone tried to jump the queue and outsmart the other person. Nigerians ACTIVELY look for who to bribe to subvert the process.

Nigerians will walk into an office and start looking for who will do it express and fast then come online to point fingers.
you are actually right

2 Likes

Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by Orlu15(m): 7:58am On Sep 15, 2021
We all live in a shit hole, in shit holes anybody thats not you want to extort you of ya coins.
Same news different topic!!

1 Like

Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by Lokojatoofar: 9:55am On Sep 15, 2021
frankmoney:
it's fellow citizens like you that are being corrupt and collecting bribe
.. Nigerians are reflection of a their government
Those are not like me. Those are like the people y'all vote into govt and allow to ruin your country. If citizens like me are in leadership those like you will murder us with the excuse of.... They are blocking us from seeing money.
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by LORDKing001: 10:07am On Sep 15, 2021
Poleski:

2018 ending.
Policy don change
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by frankmoney(m): 10:09am On Sep 15, 2021
Lokojatoofar:
[b]
Those are not like me. Those are like the people y'all vote into govt and allow to ruin your country. If citizens like me are in leadership those like you will murder us with the excuse of.... They are blocking us from seeing money.
I didn't vote the officer in Immigration into office ... My point is we keep blaming government when we the citizens are equally worse off

1 Like

Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by Lokojatoofar: 10:12am On Sep 15, 2021
frankmoney:
I didn't vote the officer in Immigration into office ... My point is we keep blaming government when we the citizens are equally worse off

Well, I am not worse off. So I blame those in power and those who vote them in and allow them to continue doing evil. If any office holder doesn't perform, drag him/her out, roast and feed their fucking hearts to dogs in the street. No time for time.

1 Like

Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by busayo27: 2:11pm On Sep 15, 2021
latitidejavu:
All of you paying are the real corrupt individuals.

You are all impatient and seeking for who to blame for your corrupt tendencies.

My wife and I paid for the passport online and I went to the office. I was asked who is 'pushing' it for me, I replied that I didn't pay anyone anything.

They kept me there for 6 hours. I took out my laptop and was working while sitting down. After a while I got up and walked to the office of the OIC and told him that I am aware of all the people who paid 50k, 60k etc and who has been issued passports. That why are they keeping us here.

One junior office made to talk , I promptly shut him up otherwise I will write him up. Within 45 minutes I was ushered in for my capture and my booklet issued.

You are all the ones corrupting the officers. if you all show up there prepared to do the right thing then they will sit up. What happens is that everyone tried to jump the queue and outsmart the other person. Nigerians ACTIVELY look for who to bribe to subvert the process.

Nigerians will walk into an office and start looking for who will do it express and fast then come online to point fingers.

Hello latitidejavu,

I really appreciate your courage and ready to tow your path. I have done my online registration and ready to pay online too. Please, what are the documents I need to take along to the immigration office? I don't want them to start telling me that I don't have a particular document so I should pay to bypass it. I am ready to spend the whole day in their office at Alausa, Ikeja without going the way of bribery.

I await your response. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by latitidejavu: 2:56pm On Sep 15, 2021
Very good.

Take 4 passport pictures, guarantor form stamped at the court or notary public, birth certificate, drivers licence or any other ID...I'm trying to remember everything.

However you can see the complete required documents on their website.

Go early. Be patient. Be steadfast. Dress well and speak confidently.

When you see people jumping the process don't get angry that you are doing the right thing.

Do not let anybody in uniform intimidate you. Be ready to dragggggggggggg them through ICPC, DSS, SFU if need be.

Test the system. You will succeed.

busayo27:

Hello latitidejavu,

I really appreciate your courage and ready to tow your path. I have done my online registration and ready to pay online too. Please, what are the documents I need to take along to the immigration office? I don't want them to start telling me that I don't have a particular document so I should pay to bypass it. I am ready to spend the whole day in their office at Alausa, Ikeja without going the way of bribery.

I await your response. Thanks
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by Kinggandry: 8:33pm On Sep 15, 2021
BREYZ:

I applied for my passport since 2nd July and till this moment the passport isn't ready. One immigration officer is requesting I pay extra 20k for it to be ready in a week. This country is messed up.
At what location do you apply from??... Dm me
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by Taduma1(f): 9:28pm On Sep 16, 2021
Wow, thank God this is coming to limelight, imagine to correct your date of birth on your passport you have to pay 150k,naija which level
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by ugodson(m): 7:32am On Sep 17, 2021
Taduma1:
Wow, thank God this is coming to limelight, imagine to correct your date of birth on your passport you have to pay 150k,naija which level

Longest time,misplaced ur number, kindly send me ur num to my email ugodson24@gmail.com
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by Poleski: 6:52am On Sep 18, 2021
LORDKing001:

Policy don change

Ok. It seems they change policy for the worse.
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by LORDKing001: 11:52am On Sep 19, 2021
Poleski:

Ok. It seems they change policy for the worse.
I d tell you I applied since 5th September for 32pages e never show till now
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by ndidibabe(f): 4:34pm On Sep 19, 2021
LORDKing001:

32 pages isn't available till next year..
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by LORDKing001: 6:44pm On Sep 19, 2021
ndidibabe:
32 pages isn't available till next year..
Which one com day and location
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by Poleski: 10:54am On Sep 21, 2021
LORDKing001:

It's very unfortunate. Nigeria is not progressing at all. Sorry for your predicament.
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by ndidibabe(f): 11:06am On Sep 21, 2021
LORDKing001:

What is the way out now? I also applied for my kids and they are suppose to travel for a function in October.
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by mamakakou: 6:14pm On Dec 27, 2021
They are still collecting money for data modification. After paying through remita and presenting the necessary documents since 2020, nothing was done until I payed extra this December . post=105808818]https://aljazirahnews.com/passport-immigration-nimc-extort-nigerians/[/quote]
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by Uuii: 7:44pm On Dec 27, 2021
It is better you let the officer do it for you to avoid headache no one wishing to pay exorbitant fee but the frustration is annoying

I paid 95k for 64pages 10 years . People that paid 70k plus were having issues the day I went for capturing they were all complaining that their files didn’t drop and couldn’t capture all because they did it themselves. The officers will always find a way to make sure things didn’t work well for those who try to do it themselves despite the fact that government said everyone should pay online . These officers will device other means of setting you back.
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by Thanos5555: 11:07am On Sep 20, 2022
macrodata:
After paying N17,800 online, I'm still asked to pay N25,000 at their office for express. It's been 2 weeks and I'm yet to receive my booklet.

God will punish that comptroller in a special way!

please have you received, your passport yet. am curious to know
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by Thanos5555: 11:10am On Sep 20, 2022
LORDKing001:

bros me too, lets keep in touch. abeg for information's
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by macrodata(m): 11:42am On Sep 20, 2022
Thanos5555:

please have you received, your passport yet. am curious to know
Yes. I did receive mine in 3 weeks.
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by LORDKing001: 7:53am On Sep 21, 2022
Thanos5555:

bros me too, lets keep in touch. abeg for information's
. I've gotten another passport in two days
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by Thanos5555: 8:37am On Sep 24, 2022
LORDKing001:
. I've gotten another passport in two days

guy are you serious.

wait first.

you waited for 6 months to elapse before going for another capturing ? or how did you do it and which date did you do the new one
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by LORDKing001: 1:36pm On Oct 07, 2022
Thanos5555:

guy are you serious.

wait first.

you waited for 6 months to elapse before going for another capturing ? or how did you do it and which date did you do the new one
Yes
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by Thanos5555: 2:24pm On Oct 07, 2022
LORDKing001:

Yes

please sir when did you do the new one
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by LORDKing001: 7:35pm On Oct 07, 2022
Thanos5555:

please sir when did you do the new one
13th Oct 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Country Can I Relocate To With 5 Million Naira? / 5 Signs Your Visa Application Will Be Rejected / NUR Raises Concerns Over Lagos-Ibadan Railway Fares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.