Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,766 members, 7,831,458 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

The Shiloh Shepherd Breed - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / The Shiloh Shepherd Breed (884 Views)

Any Alabai (central Asian Shepherd) Breed Available / Fascinating Dog Breeds That Resembles The German Shepherd Breed / Female German Shepherd Breed For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Shiloh Shepherd Breed by RYEOFARMS(m): 4:36pm On Sep 15, 2021
Hi everyone, it’s another “Ryeo exclusive”

Let’s talk about the SHILOH SHEPHERD, shall we?!
To be honest I’ve come to grow so attracted to this dog breed naturally I like wolves probably the main reason I’m attracted to wolf like dogs plus the length of their coat is something that catches my attention (I love hairy dogs). So when you add WOLF + LONG HAIR = MY FAVORITE KIND OF DOG smiley and that is what a SHILOH SHEPHERD is

Re: The Shiloh Shepherd Breed by RYEOFARMS(m): 4:40pm On Sep 15, 2021
What does a SHILOH SHEPHERD looks like then?!

The Shiloh Shepherd looks a lot like the GSD, except that the Shiloh is much larger and it has a straighter back. Its chest is deep and full, and it has a long, slightly curvy, and plush tail.
These dogs have a domed, broad head with a tapered muzzle and black lips. The Shiloh Shepherd’s ears are triangular and erect when alert, while its eyes can come in shades of dark to light brown.
The Shiloh Shepherd can have either a smooth coat or a plush coat. The smooth coat features a shorter undercoat and a top coat of coarse, dense fur.
On the other hand, the Shiloh’s plush coat will have a longer, softer undercoat, thicker fur around the neck, and feathering on the legs and ears.
(To be continued)

Re: The Shiloh Shepherd Breed by RYEOFARMS(m): 5:03pm On Sep 15, 2021
SIZE OF A SHILOH

These are huge dogs, and their size can make them a little tricky to handle. A male Shiloh Shepherd weighs around 100 to 130 pounds (45 to 59 kg) and stands at 28 to 30 inches (71 to 76 cm ) tall.

Female Shilohs are a little lighter, with an average weight of 80 to 100 pounds (36 to 45 kg).

Re: The Shiloh Shepherd Breed by RYEOFARMS(m): 7:44pm On Sep 15, 2021
The Shiloh Shepherd was developed by a breeder named Tina Barber during the late 1960s to early 1970s in New York, USA.

She wanted to create a breed similar to the German Shepherd (GSD) but bigger, gentler, and calmer.

To create the Shiloh, Barber used large dogs such as the German Shepherd and Alaskan Malamute as foundation stock.

The Malamute added its sociable nature and adaptability to the mix, while the Gsd contributed its intelligence to the resulting crossbreed. it was originally bred as a companion, its drive and trainability make the Shiloh Shepherd an efficient working dog. Since 2004, the crossbreed has been recognized by the American Herding Breed Association.

Many of these intelligent hybrids have also been trained for search and rescue and therapy work. Shilohs have frequently been awarded Canine Good Citizen by the American Kennel Club and have received Companion Dog and Utility Dog titles as well.

Re: The Shiloh Shepherd Breed by RYEOFARMS(m): 5:23pm On Sep 17, 2021
Still on the Shiloh shepherd topic

Meet BLAIR,the Shiloh shepherd

Cc:SHILOH.SHEPHERDS @ instagram

Re: The Shiloh Shepherd Breed by RYEOFARMS(m): 5:26pm On Sep 17, 2021
Another cutie
Millie, the Shiloh shepherd

Cc: SHILOH.SHEPHERD @instagram

Re: The Shiloh Shepherd Breed by RYEOFARMS(m): 5:32pm On Sep 17, 2021
When you talk about the Shiloh shepherd’s similarity with the German shepherd, they’re two identical breeds that one could hardly tell the difference (check the images below)
1st Pic German shepherd
2nd pic Shiloh shepherds

(1) (Reply)

German Sheperd Puppy For Sale For 20000 / You Will Not Believe Your When You See This Monster / Giving Out This 10months Female Alsatian @ 40k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.