Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,702 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? (15629 Views)

Urgently Needed: Academic Writer With M.sc. Or MA / Finally! Resumption Of Duty By Officers Of Fg On Grade Level 12 And Below / 12 Job Openings In Nigeria You Might Be Interested In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by Iamjobless: 8:13pm On Sep 15, 2021
Will be very brief and I pray this reaches the front page.
I graduated in the year 2019 from one of the foremost Universities in Nigeria, did my NYSC but after that I have been applying for job all to no avail.

During my job search, I applied for a job in a private University in February, after much delay, we did Examination in June and interview in July, I was picked as I have seen my name on the list of successful canadidate. The job is very OK and working environment superb and with a moderate salary and virtually no stress
But the thing, I have strong passion for my course, I have even applied for M. SC(1 year) in another University just to gain more knowledge, already have thesis topic and everything that I will need all through, I have already initiated how to japa through study abroad once I finish my course, now I am scared, like really scared because if the plan doesn't work out, then I will be losing a very good opportunity.

Note : I can't study my M. SC in that university because they do not have the department and equipments

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by Olunmercy56(f): 8:15pm On Sep 15, 2021
Continue with your job please

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by Romanoff(f): 8:21pm On Sep 15, 2021
Take the job o.

Many have masters but no work.

126 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by aanuoluwami14(f): 8:24pm On Sep 15, 2021
Please job

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by chatinent: 8:24pm On Sep 15, 2021
Many who have Masters are now students of UniHome.

I, myself, I use my Masters to hawk gala in the busy Lagos traffic speaking Queens English to angry drivers who think I am good for nothing but obstructing their journey.

A word is enough for the wise.

170 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by yomi007k(m): 8:26pm On Sep 15, 2021
Baba. Take that job. No talk say I nor tell u.

A bird in the hand worth pass bush fowl or how dem dey take talk am.

You can still do masters with the job. Your moniker will change from iamjobless to iamaboss.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by obumsway(m): 8:48pm On Sep 15, 2021
You need beating aswear .... You better take the job oo

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by sulaimon22: 9:12pm On Sep 15, 2021
Oga take the job and do Msc part time.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by Excessnation: 9:18pm On Sep 15, 2021
Take the job first, apply for part-time msc. This will give you the opportunity to have an actionable savings plan towards leaving the country.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by arthurwillia(m): 12:09am On Sep 16, 2021
Why do you want to msc no be to get better job ni

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by uthlaw: 6:19am On Sep 16, 2021
I don't actually know the problem of you guys with I too know mentality....watin u wan use the Masters do?

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by Timagex(m): 7:43am On Sep 16, 2021
Education in this country ehn...
Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by femi4: 8:18am On Sep 16, 2021
Iamjobless:
I graduated in the year 2019 from one of the foremost Universities in Nigeria, did my NYSC but after that I have been applying for job all to no avail.
During my job search, I applied for a job in a private University in February, after much delay, we did Examination in June and interview in July, I was picked as I have seen my name on the list of successful canadidate. The job is very OK and working environment superb and with a moderate salary and virtually no stress
But the thing, I have strong passion for my course, I have even applied for M. SC(1 year) in another University just to gain more knowledge, already have thesis topic and everything that I will need all through, I have already initiated how to japa through study abroad once I finish my course, now I am scared, like really scared because if the plan doesn't work out, then I will be losing a very good opportunity.

Note : I can't study my M. SC in that university because they do not have the department and equipments

@lalasticlala
Apply for study leave

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 16, 2021
Iamjobless:

@lalasticlala
what did u study in the university?

i use to think that fresh graduate are normally employed at level 8?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by BigDawsNet: 9:03am On Sep 16, 2021
Secure the job

But remember if you need promotion soon... Masters will get it for you

So preferably if you don't have much time for you post studies or you can't leave the work environment...

Try run you masters online

4 Likes

Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by oneolajire(m): 9:31am On Sep 16, 2021
If you have all it takes to study and stay abroad after your studies, that's better.

But if not, take the job, else they will advice you to ride okada
Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by AyebaAyiba: 10:03am On Sep 16, 2021
Take the job. You can do your masters as you work. Infact, a good university encourages lecturers to continue learning. They will support you to go for a Ph. D

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by Cordenify(m): 10:06am On Sep 16, 2021
Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by Gadafii: 12:01pm On Sep 16, 2021
my brother, take that job and save enough money, then apply for masters outside this country cool

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by idris646(m): 12:12pm On Sep 16, 2021
Avoid that voice in your head and grab that job ASAP
Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by twosquare(m): 12:36pm On Sep 16, 2021
Listen to this advice op...it will do you well. After you get the job, you can now do part-time masters
Romanoff:
Take the job o.

Many have masters but no work.
Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by Sonnobax15(m): 1:02pm On Sep 16, 2021
chatinent:
Many who have Masters are now students of UniHome.

I, myself, I use my Master to hawk gala in the busy Lagos traffic speaking Queens English to angry drivers who think I am good for nothing but obstructing their journey.

A word is enough for the wise.
lipsrsealed op,a wiseman has said nothing but the truth here....Listen to what this Nigha man has said and you'll definitely look for his moniker to thank him later.....

Well, advice most needed is always less heeded lipsrsealed

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by TalkTalkTwins(m): 1:02pm On Sep 16, 2021
angry
Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by Terrence99: 1:02pm On Sep 16, 2021
Take the job
Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by Sirmuel1(m): 1:03pm On Sep 16, 2021
Go for Msc and give me the job. We will both be happy.

9 Likes

Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by gidado14(m): 1:03pm On Sep 16, 2021
Iamjobless:

i hope you get money for the masters
Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by STEWpid(f): 1:03pm On Sep 16, 2021
Are you not a Nigerian?

Cuz real Nigerians no dey ask such question!

Except you get those wey dey support you all-round.

Get into the job and pursue whatever thing you want after.

Abi you dey whine us ni?

Who paper hep for this current day Nigeria?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by JimmyDarmody: 1:04pm On Sep 16, 2021
Job. Provide for your loved ones who supported you this far. Nothing is promised in life.
Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by 900warriorz: 1:04pm On Sep 16, 2021
What guarantees you you'd get a job after the masters? undecided Baba, hustle oo

E get why

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by tonyashburton: 1:04pm On Sep 16, 2021
Even when God don answer your prayers, village people still wan put bitter leaf for your jollof rice.
Take that job or....

5 Likes

Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by Gwan2(m): 1:05pm On Sep 16, 2021
Bro, take the job…apply for study leave, and go for masters, if you’re that passionate about it. Just 2.5% of my MSc set secured a nice job to sponsor their stay after the program…but to be fair enough, immigration policy was a bit rigid then.
Follow your mind and be responsible for the outcome.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by AxeofGod(m): 1:06pm On Sep 16, 2021
How much is the salary first? You no tell us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Payment Of Npower Beneficiaries / 6 Reasons Why Employers Are Not Calling You Back / How To Move On After Failing To Get The Job You Really Want in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.