Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm (21277 Views)

Nigerian Immigration Service Deports Dan Foster, Top Radio Presenter / 96.9 Cool FM Or Rhythm 93.7 FM: Which Is The Best? / Abuja Radio Stations: 98.3 Hot FM vs. 96.9 Cool FM? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by Mustay(m): 8:49am On Sep 19, 2008
Something must be really going on at cool fm, if freeze and Gbemi leave, i no o listen again.

After, Olisa left cool fm some weeks ago, Dan foster has taken the 'bow'.

The early morning drive to work will never be the same again. The Sunday-Sunday rendezvous will never be the same again. The man that has captured our attention for eight years, thrilling us to no end, and bringing an excitingly new dimension to radio journalism on Cool FM has thrown in the towel.

Yes. Dan Foster, the most celebrated OAP on Cool FM has resigned from his plum job at the station, leaving millions of fans and followers stranded and distraught; and leaving his former employers in shock.

Thankfully, while the Mousalli family, his employers at Cool FM, may have a hard time finding a replacement for him, radio listeners have no cause to fret. Dan is not returning to his native country, America. He's not taking away all we've taught- and given- him in Nigeria. The hilarious talker is allegedly pitching his tent with another radio station in Nigeria.

A very reliable source told E-Punch that Foster, a broadcasting and drama graduate of the Morgan State University in Baltimore, has accepted an offer to be Head of Programmes at Inspiration FM, a new Lagos-based radio station reportedly owned by Intercontinental Bank's Erastus Akingbola. The station, managed by Wale Ewedemi, also a former Cool FM staff, is expected to broadcast from Victoria Island, in Lagos.

Foster's resignation, coming on the heels of Olisa Adibua's departure, has caused many to insinuate that Cool FM may be swimming into troubled waters.

But officials at the station are not taking a nap. A new GM, Charles Supo-Orija, has been called in, and one Keith, also an American who had a brief stint with the station in year 2000, has returned to take over Foster?s Good Morning Nigeria show.

A one-liner signature skit run through his show last Tuesday reads: Keith you?re not funny; you?re not gonna last long. It was meant to be a sarcastic drop, but listeners are already wondering if Keith is fit to step into Dan Foster?s large shoes. He was under so much pressure on September 16, that at 9.48 am, he erroneously announced that the time was ?7.48.”

It is uncertain if any member of staff will be following Foster to Inspiration FM. But over the past few months, Cool FM has lost some of its key players, under different circumstances: founding GM, Chris Ubosi, is allegedly planning to float his own station; Nike Coker, Tyeng Gang, Wale Ewedemi and Wale Akinjogbin ? all of the Abuja office, have all also left to pursue different endeavours.

Speaking on phone with Dan on Wednesday, September 17, he refused to accept or deny that he has left Cool FM. He did not pick later calls nor reply an SMS sent to his mobile.

β€˜β€˜He has resigned already. But I can tell you they are giving him a hell of a time,?? a friend close to him told us.

Ironically, all this is happening just when Cool?s 10th anniversary is around the corner. The station commenced broadcast on October 1, 1998.

In 10 years, the owners have been able to establish the company as one of Nigeria?s top FM stations, and the business has expanded to incorporate Cool Caf? and Chocolate royal.

GM Charles Supo-Orika refused to comment when we contacted him on September 17.

Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by vikiviko(m): 9:08am On Sep 19, 2008
Wow! Serious
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by affee(f): 9:11am On Sep 19, 2008
May God help cool fm

No more bell ringing.

I no go go chocolat royale again.
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by kemisuga(f): 9:19am On Sep 19, 2008
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry sad
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by spikedcylinder: 9:27am On Sep 19, 2008
I read this in one of the soft sells on Tuesday. Make Dan go jor, I like Keith! grin grin
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by tollu: 9:28am On Sep 19, 2008
Nothing lasts forever.
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 19, 2008
WHAT! i always listened to Dan Fosters show when i was in nigeria. what a talent they've lost!
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by greatgut(f): 9:35am On Sep 19, 2008
it sad, what would happen if gbemi should decieds to leave. Keith is dry and boring.
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by dammizz(m): 9:36am On Sep 19, 2008
Na wao, A man left and you all are changing faces, The guy was good sha.
Freeze, Keith and others are still there so I'll still stick to the station when I have to.
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by affee(f): 9:45am On Sep 19, 2008
spikedcylinder:

I read this in one of the soft sells on Tuesday. Make Dan go jor, I like Keith! grin grin

u don chop this morning?
dan foster is the reason a lot of us listen to cool fm
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by SOJ(m): 9:51am On Sep 19, 2008
Pple leave and others take over;thats how life goes on,,,
Dan wuld av his reasons and am sure it does him good. Looking at the move, i'd say he did it for professional,personal and spiritual reasons.
Professional cos maybe CoolFM mgt don't want to take him off the "Morning Show" and he probably wants to be head of somtin; Personal cos his new marriage might not mix well with a continued stay as a presenter; Spiritual cos the new station is an 'inspirational' (xtain) one,,,

Just my thots
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by emmydee(m): 9:53am On Sep 19, 2008
thats d style of entertainment. Dan has to move on.
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by Mustay(m): 9:54am On Sep 19, 2008
Dan's teases on Gbemi 'swat I'll miss
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by tollu: 9:56am On Sep 19, 2008
Dan is annoying and rude.
Funny though, just won't like to be on the receiving end of his stylish/sometimes outright yabbing.
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by kemisuga(f): 9:58am On Sep 19, 2008
I tune to COOL FM, only to hear DAN FOSTER VOICE. kiss
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by obitobe: 9:58am On Sep 19, 2008
i knew it something was wrong and fishy somewhere but i couldn't place my fingers but this is it.the Big dog is leaving,well i will really miss his shows especially the Sunday praise jam.Coolfm might not be the same again.please where is he going to?
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by kemisuga(f): 10:00am On Sep 19, 2008
tollu (Dan is rude) - hav u forgotten dan is an Oyinbo man, english has no much respect. grin
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by Mustay(m): 10:00am On Sep 19, 2008
You don't just let your influential presenters leave without adequate replacements

Olisa anchored programs with large followers, same for Dan; bringing new people suddenly will make them lose the 'lead' for a while. remember rhythm?
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by Eagle1(m): 10:03am On Sep 19, 2008
Whao! This is tough. Dan's the man. Bye to 'Cool FM Candid phone' and 'Phone tapping' !
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by Livvvvy(f): 10:04am On Sep 19, 2008
Life is about changes, am sure Dan left for a gud reason.

Life is also about giving other people the room to showcase their talent.

Good for Dan and good for Keith.
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by kemisuga(f): 10:04am On Sep 19, 2008
Dan Foster praise jams is too much, LOVE IT. kiss
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by ajaabi(m): 10:11am On Sep 19, 2008
Interesting what poeple's wants are. Life is about movement. Nothing is stagnant, even stones which police are always "not leaving unturned!"
I am sure that if Dan can read this thread, he would surely feel fulfilled.
Maybe we'll get his side of the story for you guy in our next edition of The lyrics Int'l (www.thelyricsmag.com)
Don't quote me but we shall definitely work on it.
Cool would still be cool. Ok? Somebody would always be there to keep you guys entertained or infotained.
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by obitobe: 10:12am On Sep 19, 2008
the phone tapping is the bomb and the Praise jam so inspiring,that a times i just feel like doing something Crazy for JESUS
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by Gamine(f): 10:14am On Sep 19, 2008
Oh my.

NAWa o!! undecided
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by favcom(m): 10:16am On Sep 19, 2008
I can't believe this shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by obitobe: 10:25am On Sep 19, 2008
Dan foster whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by MrInfo1(m): 10:27am On Sep 19, 2008
Change
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by izeek(m): 10:38am On Sep 19, 2008
dan was good, and one major reason alot of us listened to cool fm.
that said, there is nothing that says no one is irreplaceable,
he only left standard for others to reach or surpass. which in my opinion is very surpassable.
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by showbobo(m): 10:42am On Sep 19, 2008
Maybe COOL FM should increase this salary or so.I'm sure he got a better offer thats why he left.
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by ud4u: 10:45am On Sep 19, 2008
Waah I will really miss him, but all the same trying to cup with Keith
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by ade2kay(m): 11:04am On Sep 19, 2008
d keith guy is just plain boring, i believe he'll be good too with time, cos even Dan started from somewhere.
I will miss listening to Dan Foster so much.
Even my dad wey be old school attests to the fact that he is funny.
My mama wey no dey hear oyinbo rapping sef just know say d guy is funny.
Dan Foster has this love for Nigeria, and a special way of spicing conversations up.

Make Kemi Olateru-Olagbegi and Freeze no go too abeg o!, but please could Cool FM give me time to Radio Graffiti ?, that's d only other programme that keeps me waiting on cool fm till 3pm everyday.

I go miss Dan Foster o!, because of am na im i go buy phone with FM . grin
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by timbabng(m): 11:06am On Sep 19, 2008
cool fm aint gonna be cool no more undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Top 5 Most Selfless Nigeria Musicians By King0g / Davido - Skelewu (directed By Moe Musa) / African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.