Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night (43815 Views)

Austria: Man Finds Snake In His Toilet After It Kept Flushing Itself At Night / Big Snake Terrorizing Kirikiri Residents At Night In Lagos Finally Killed.Photos / "The Snake That Swallowed N36M": Man And Policeman Pose With Big Python (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by Amaechi5(m): 5:41pm On Sep 16, 2021
Please guys I need a clarification on this, if someone can help identify the type of animal or the snake that makes a clucking sound at night especially in the midnight.

The sound seems very similar to a rooster or probably a clucking sound.

I heard this sound so much during my service year in ebonyi state precisely in afikpo North few years ago. I thought it was a rooster but they said it was a matured male snake or a cobra.

Few weeks ago, I went for a big project in a remote area, lo and behold in that area that same sound was so much and it looks like as if there was 3000 roosters clucking in the midnight.

Seriously I'm very worried if they are indeed snakes/cobra or maybe a wild roosters in a densed bush.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by hybrid11(m): 5:48pm On Sep 16, 2021
Set a trap na, so u will know if is a rooster or rattle snake

71 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by Cudeze4(m): 6:15pm On Sep 16, 2021
I never hear that one b4 o
Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by Petie33: 6:17pm On Sep 16, 2021
They are snakes cobra big and black if you want to find out cook 10 to 16 eggs and put the cooked eggs close to where the sound come from you will see the snake beacuse after swallowing the eggs since the eggs are cooked the eggs will not digest and you will kill the snake for meat

248 Likes 18 Shares

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by Cudeze4(m): 6:21pm On Sep 16, 2021
hybrid11:
Does a rattle snake make a clucking sound?

2 Likes

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by puppie017: 10:03pm On Sep 16, 2021
Mad ooo
Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by hybrid11(m): 8:19am On Sep 17, 2021
Cudeze4:

Does a rattle snake make a clucking sound?
yes and not cobra

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by FalseProphet1(m): 12:37pm On Sep 17, 2021
It's not a snake neither is it a rooster, is a meeting of the territorial principalities, that clucking sound is just to deceive you into thinking that it's coming from animals in the bush, but those of us blessed with the gift of foresight know that there's a serious meeting of the elders going on at that time of the night.

This I have seen.

81 Likes 11 Shares

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by Lovenorth: 12:37pm On Sep 17, 2021
Lizard snake grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by Mrlouis: 12:37pm On Sep 17, 2021
YES YES, YOU HAVE UNMISTAKABLY ENCOUNTERED THE CROWN CRESTED COBRA. ITS HEAD LOOKS LIKE THAT OF A ROOSTER grin AND CRAFTILY LURES SMALL RODENTS AND EVEN CHICKENS BY MIMICKING ONE THEN SWALLOWS ITS VICTIMS WHOLE. OUR NATIVE PARENTS KNOW THE SNAKE TOO WELL

BEST BE CAREFUL grin grin

100 Likes 10 Shares

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by Triangles1(m): 12:38pm On Sep 17, 2021
Sure
Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by Imoobot(m): 12:38pm On Sep 17, 2021
Is village people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by zolajpower: 12:38pm On Sep 17, 2021
grin
I have heard that before that a particular specie of snakes make a rooster sounds .

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by BarrElChapo(m): 12:39pm On Sep 17, 2021
bush baby grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by salot33819: 12:39pm On Sep 17, 2021
Good
Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by ObiaboAdoka(m): 12:39pm On Sep 17, 2021
Petie33:
They are snakes cobra big and black if you want to find out cook 10 to 16 eggs and put the cooked eggs close to where the sound come from you will see the snake beacuse after swallowing the eggs since the eggs are cooked the eggs will not digest and you will kill the snake for meat
100% on point.

65 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by philo04(m): 12:39pm On Sep 17, 2021
I caught one at my poultry farm one night ....I felt strange how can my layers be crowling so I picked my touch light lo and behold I saw a large snake with chicken headlike eating my poultry eggs ....oh...nah so I borrow leg o...

69 Likes 10 Shares

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by Scamburster(m): 12:39pm On Sep 17, 2021
Petie33:
You mean to say cooked coco yam,,?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by Nathphil(m): 12:39pm On Sep 17, 2021
Nah snake oo

2 Likes

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by baby124: 12:39pm On Sep 17, 2021
Could be a wild turkey

2 Likes

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by teamb: 12:40pm On Sep 17, 2021
hybrid11:

Oga thrs no rattle snake in this part of the world

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 17, 2021
Amaechi5:
Please guys I need a clarification on this, if someone can help identify the type of animal or the snake that makes a clucking sound at night especially in the midnight.

The sound seems very similar to a rooster or probably a clucking sound.

I heard this sound so much during my service year in ebonyi state precisely in afikpo North few years ago. I thought it was a rooster but they said it was a matured male snake or a cobra.

Few weeks ago, I went for a big project in a remote area, lo and behold in that area that same sound was so much and it looks like as if there was 3000 roosters clucking in the midnight.

Seriously I'm very worried if they are indeed snakes/cobra or maybe a wild roosters in a densed bush.

It's a snake. It makes cocking sound to attract hen to prey on.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by Kevinsamba: 12:40pm On Sep 17, 2021
Wo! I never here this one before o

1 Like

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by DuduParaPara: 12:40pm On Sep 17, 2021
Snake.

It's a confirmed snake o.

Don't go near the location unprepared.

They make the sound to lure unsuspecting hens thinking it's a rooster that is calling them for free food, not knowing they're the intended food.

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by MaziOkoro: 12:40pm On Sep 17, 2021
It's true. It's a big snake.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by ekaette1621: 12:41pm On Sep 17, 2021
Ask Lala
Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 17, 2021
Petie33:

100% correct.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by igbsam(m): 12:41pm On Sep 17, 2021
Snakes bro

7 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lion Escapes From Cage At Jos Wildlife Park / Thousands Of Sea Creatures Washing Up In The North Of England ( Pics) / Turtle Wanders Into The City In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.