Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,359 members, 7,812,014 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

Thousands Of Sea Creatures Washing Up In The North Of England ( Pics) - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Thousands Of Sea Creatures Washing Up In The North Of England ( Pics) (44034 Views)

Sea Cow Caught In Muregi, Kin Nupe, Niger State (Pictures) / This New Sea Slug Can Cut Off Its Own Head & Still Live For Months (Pics, Video) / Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thousands Of Sea Creatures Washing Up In The North Of England ( Pics) by Holiness2100: 7:50pm On Oct 29, 2021
WHAT IS KILLING OUR MARINE LIFE ? Storms, seismic testing, pollution or toxic algae could be behind deaths of thousands of sea creatures washing up in the north of England

Investigations are under way as thousands of crabs and lobsters continue to wash up on beaches along the North East of England - in scenes which local residents are calling the 'worst' they have ever seen.

The Environment Agency confirmed samples had been taken from the sea creatures, water and sediment for laboratory analysis after the dead and alive animals began appearing on the sand along the Teesside coast between Marske and Saltburn, North Yorkshire, in Seaton Carew, Hartlepool, and further north at Seaham.

It is understood that lab analysis will test the water for pollution while also analysing the dead marine life for parasites and disease.

Scientists have previously blamed seismic surveys, which involve blasting the sea floor with airguns and measuring the echoes in an effort to search for offshore oil and gas reserves, for the deaths of whales and other marine life.

The blasts, which are loud enough to penetrate through the ocean for miles, can affect sea creatures, such as whales, turtles and dolphins, and can lead to the abandonment of habitat, disruption of mating and feeding, beach strandings, and even death.

Professor Alex Ford, who works at the Institute of Marine Science at the University of Portsmouth, suggested pollution, natural storms or harmful algal blooms (HABs), which can also be influenced by organic pollution, were a likely explanation for the shocking scenes.

He said while seismic tests off the North Sea coast impacted the behaviour and physiology of whales and dolphins, they were unlikely to blame for the deaths of the thousands of crabs and lobsters in recent weeks.

He told MailOnline: 'I think there could be a number of possibilities for the recent dead marine life washed up on the shores in Teesside. These could include natural storms, a pollution event, or harmful algal blooms (HABs) which can also be influenced by organic pollution.

'Autumnal storms often wash marine life onto the shores around this time and this is often characterised by a mixture of marine creatures and seaweed washing up on the incoming tide.

'What appeared interesting about this event was the large number of crustaceans species (crabs and lobster) which washed up.

'What organisations such as the Environment Agency and Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture (CEFAS) will be looking to establish is whether there were any chemical contaminants or toxic algae in the water.

'In addition, they will be assessing whether the crabs and lobsters have any known diseases from bacteria, viruses or parasites which can kill off large numbers.

'Sometimes harmful algal blooms (HABs) can lead to this and I suspect that will also be on the Environment Agency's radar.

'If it was just one group of animals then I might put it down to disease. If it was lots of varieties of animals it could be storm, pollution or an algal event.'

While some theories have emerged of seismic testing being the cause of the dead sea creatures washed up on shore the scientist said he would 'rank this lower down on his list of causes'.

He added: 'With regards to seismic testing, it's the first I have heard of this theory.

'There is a lot of testing in Newcastle and along the North Sea and noise is also created during pile driving but I am not aware of any study before that would link this to mass death.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10139889/amp/Storms-seismic-testing-pollution-toxic-algae-deaths-sea-creatures.html

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of Sea Creatures Washing Up In The North Of England ( Pics) by Holiness2100: 7:50pm On Oct 29, 2021

1 Share

Re: Thousands Of Sea Creatures Washing Up In The North Of England ( Pics) by Adamdau: 7:53pm On Oct 29, 2021
Pollution. See better crabs.

8 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Sea Creatures Washing Up In The North Of England ( Pics) by iceberg02(m): 7:53pm On Oct 29, 2021
shocked
Re: Thousands Of Sea Creatures Washing Up In The North Of England ( Pics) by Righteousness2(m): 7:55pm On Oct 29, 2021
The World is being Shaken!
Every corner of the Earth is one Mysterious event or the other.

The Coming Wrath of GOD that will be Poured on the Rebellious and those that Miss the Rapture of the Church is testing the Mic on the Earth.

Rev 8:8-9
And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;

And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.

My Prayer is that GOD opens your Eyes to see and Understand what is Happening and what is Coming so you Quit unnecessary talks, tantrums and arguments & do the Needful so that you will be Qualified to be among those to Escape.

65 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Thousands Of Sea Creatures Washing Up In The North Of England ( Pics) by Fahdiga(m): 7:55pm On Oct 29, 2021
Mysterious world we live in
Re: Thousands Of Sea Creatures Washing Up In The North Of England ( Pics) by WoundedLamb: 8:09pm On Oct 29, 2021
Righteousness2:
Wow

Don't you consider it deceitful to create a post using one account and then switch to another to express shock? Just curious.

101 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Thousands Of Sea Creatures Washing Up In The North Of England ( Pics) by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 29, 2021
See food oh grin is very expensive sea food here

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thousands Of Sea Creatures Washing Up In The North Of England ( Pics) by iamyemiakins(m): 8:24pm On Oct 29, 2021
Sea creatures wey person for use arrange seafood okra for this sapa period just waste off like this.

Some of these will turn to fossils in many years to come and archaeologists will go and dig it out and be telling us their million years theory.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thousands Of Sea Creatures Washing Up In The North Of England ( Pics) by kilisi(m): 9:12pm On Oct 29, 2021
Climate change or pollution.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thousands Of Sea Creatures Washing Up In The North Of England ( Pics) by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 29, 2021
Righteousness2:

The Coming Wrath of GOD that will be Poured on the Rebellious and those that Miss the Rapture of the Church is testing the Mic on the Earth.

And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;

And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.

My Prayer is that GOD opens your Eyes to see and Understand what is Happening and what is Coming so you Quit unnecessary talks, tantrums and arguments & do the Needful so that you will be Qualified to be among those to Escape.
funny how you relate even the simplest natural occurrence to the coming of the lord...
Jesus will come, infact soon but whatever happened here is man made, it doesn't correlate

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thousands Of Sea Creatures Washing Up In The North Of England ( Pics) by Nobody: 12:52am On Oct 30, 2021
iamyemiakins:
Sea creatures wey person for use arrange seafood okra for this sapa period just waste off like this.

Some of these will turn to fossils in many years to come and archaeologists will go and dig it out and be telling us their million years theory.
grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thousands Of Sea Creatures Washing Up In The North Of England ( Pics) by Skillsnigeria: 8:36am On Oct 30, 2021
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of Sea Creatures Washing Up In The North Of England ( Pics) by oluwaseyi0: 3:18pm On Oct 30, 2021
Normal things

But the op aka pastor unrighteousness will not agree

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thousands Of Sea Creatures Washing Up In The North Of England ( Pics) by Imperare(f): 3:18pm On Oct 30, 2021
Interesting
Meanwhile, I'm a web developer. I build all sorts of websites
Re: Thousands Of Sea Creatures Washing Up In The North Of England ( Pics) by graphics105: 3:18pm On Oct 30, 2021
grin
The Endtime man will soon come and say it's that time.

6 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Sea Creatures Washing Up In The North Of England ( Pics) by YeyeGbami: 3:18pm On Oct 30, 2021
These kain seafood for come naija laa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thousands Of Sea Creatures Washing Up In The North Of England ( Pics) by slawormiir: 3:18pm On Oct 30, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thousands Of Sea Creatures Washing Up In The North Of England ( Pics) by Freionses: 3:19pm On Oct 30, 2021
Righteousness2:

Re: Thousands Of Sea Creatures Washing Up In The North Of England ( Pics) by Racoon(m): 3:19pm On Oct 30, 2021
shocked
Re: Thousands Of Sea Creatures Washing Up In The North Of England ( Pics) by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 30, 2021
When i see topics like this, I can predict who posted it and i can also predict who's going to post

When Holiness2020 post, Righteousness will comment. It's not one person guys. It's a TEAM

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thousands Of Sea Creatures Washing Up In The North Of England ( Pics) by ominilongest(m): 3:19pm On Oct 30, 2021
Just imagine say na lag..na aboki go sell am las with fried yam cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thousands Of Sea Creatures Washing Up In The North Of England ( Pics) by GIANTPLUSHUB: 3:19pm On Oct 30, 2021
Mheen
Re: Thousands Of Sea Creatures Washing Up In The North Of England ( Pics) by alhussein9(m): 3:20pm On Oct 30, 2021
End time.
Re: Thousands Of Sea Creatures Washing Up In The North Of England ( Pics) by ecomalchemist(m): 3:20pm On Oct 30, 2021
ALL I SEE IS PEPPERSOUP
Re: Thousands Of Sea Creatures Washing Up In The North Of England ( Pics) by AFvckingAlpha(m): 3:21pm On Oct 30, 2021
The fvck

Niggarr!!
Re: Thousands Of Sea Creatures Washing Up In The North Of England ( Pics) by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 30, 2021
This is all shades of wrong.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thousands Of Sea Creatures Washing Up In The North Of England ( Pics) by simple250: 3:21pm On Oct 30, 2021
After testing your new ARSENAL on the sea ,what are you expecting most especially RUSSIA and NORTH KOREA.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thousands Of Sea Creatures Washing Up In The North Of England ( Pics) by Xarxay: 3:22pm On Oct 30, 2021
Adamdau:
Re: Thousands Of Sea Creatures Washing Up In The North Of England ( Pics) by NNTR: 3:22pm On Oct 30, 2021
Bonesbreaker:
See food oh grin is very expensive sea food here

ecomalchemist:
ALL I SEE IS PEPPERSOUP

iamyemiakins:

Adamdau:
Crabs are the ocean vultures.
They live mainly on carrion hence their reason for scouring the seabed for dead animals, waste or debris of any kind, dead and decomposing organic matter.

You essentially, are munching away on a vulture, when you eat one!

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of Sea Creatures Washing Up In The North Of England ( Pics) by Falseprofet2: 3:22pm On Oct 30, 2021
grin
I see Righteousness 1,2 and his alternates wailing that its a sign of end

I see someone who is clearly ignorant of World history, science and culture

I see him living to an old age and the world not ending
I see this misguided attempts by christian fanatics to scare people as dangerous because when the world doesn't end- people now abuse your religion

I advice the OP to read more about climate change, science and history

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Turtle Wanders Into The City In Lagos (Photos) / Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee / Fintech: Top 30 Leading Women In Nigeria’s Financial Technology Industyr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.