Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,700 members, 7,813,298 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

After 25 Years, 'Queen Of Talk Shows' Oprah Winfrey Bows Out: Your Opinions Pls - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / After 25 Years, 'Queen Of Talk Shows' Oprah Winfrey Bows Out: Your Opinions Pls (1199 Views)

A Lioness Bows Only To A Lion"-modupe Ozolua / #BBATHECHASE: Angelo Bows Out With Bimp / Chimp Attack Victim On Oprah Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

After 25 Years, 'Queen Of Talk Shows' Oprah Winfrey Bows Out: Your Opinions Pls by nawaforweo: 3:20am On May 26, 2011
http://ascology.com/news/entertainment/13439-After-years-megastar-Oprah-bows-out.html

Talk show queen Oprah Winfrey bade farewell to her trailblazing television program Wednesday, ending 25 years of intimate star confessions by telling loyal fans they had been the love of her life.

In a program taped a day earlier at Oprah's Harpo Studios in Chicago, Winfrey took to the stage and, in what has become almost a mantra over a quarter-century, urged her audience to follow their dreams.

"Start embracing the life that is calling you and use that life to serve the world," Winfrey said in the show being broadcast across millions of US homes.

She said she had initially seen the show as a job, but then it morphed into something else. "Something in me connected with each of you in a way that allowed me to see myself in you and you in me. I listened and grew and I know you grew along with me."

If she had one regret it was that she had not been able to focus more attention on the issue of the sexual abuse of children, Winfrey said.

"People ask if I have regrets," she said. "I have none really about the show, but the one thing I feel I was not able to bring attention to even though I tried in 217 shows was the sexual molestation and violation of children. Worse now with the Internet than when I first spoke of it in November 1986."

More on http://ascology.com/news/entertainment/13439-After-years-megastar-Oprah-bows-out.html

I not only believe she's the best thing that ever happened to the black entertainment industry but also the world of business in the black community as she was for a long time the only black billionaire and also the only ever black female anyway. What do you all think?

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal Striker Theo Walcott And His Wife Melanie Slade Are Expecting Their Firs / Introducing Nigeria's First Funny Pictures And Memes Blog/directory. / Pics: Esama Of Benin Host Friends To Super Lunch At His London Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.