Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,981 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

Sad Experience With VIO Today - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Sad Experience With VIO Today (27776 Views)

Nigerian VIO Officer Cries For Help As Driver Fights For His Car Key (video) / Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court / My Bitter Experience With VIO Officials In Abuja - Affi Bassey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sad Experience With VIO Today by wordychap: 7:06pm On Sep 17, 2021
On my way back from work, driving on a highway, I noticed two cars reversing. This is usually a sign of FRSC officers ahead but i couldn't see any so I trottled on.

A short distance ahead I sighted a police van then I came on VIO checking. I was told to pa4k which i did and the checks started.
They checked my tyres then went to my papers. The lad then said my papers look suspicious and went ahead to send my plate number to his office to authenticate my papers.

After a delay of close to an hour, hia affice called and he told me the data they have with them shows my papers ought to have expired in february 2021 but what i had with me is to expire in february 2022.

Arguments ensued and I was told the fine is 50k. I have a lot to do with the car next week and besides children's school's resuming so i couldn't allow them take the cqr to their office.

To cut a long story short, I parted with 40k to the lad and gave him 10k to get me authentic papers by monday next week.

The said 'fame papers' was issued to me at Board of Internal Revenue office in Uyo, Akwa Ibom Stage, where one is to renew his papers. I actually got there and gave a lady i was introduced to the money and she went ahead to make payments- as i assumed, and gave me the papers.

If a government agency can issue fake papers and a sister agency collect penalties what's the hope for Nigeria?

Honestly i don't think i can let this slide i have to pursue this matter, only wish i can vividly recognise the lady that got me the papers at BIR.

This is my worst experience on the road so far and ita happened when i need money. Sad!

87 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by coolcharm(m): 7:18pm On Sep 17, 2021
LoL, they just chop you 40k for nothing.

Except your papers are fake, I see no reason why you should part with your hard earned money by the roadside

204 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by princejones(m): 7:19pm On Sep 17, 2021
Very unfortunate incident but the BIR enforcement team are looking for all means to increase their IGR

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by wordychap: 7:30pm On Sep 17, 2021
coolcharm:
LoL, they just chop you 40k for nothing.

Except your papers are fake, I see no reason why you should part with your hard earned money by the roadside

The options were simple, part with the money or leave your car till you provide who gave the papers, have too much to do with the car next week; this is weekend.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by Timagex(m): 7:47pm On Sep 17, 2021
Is there a security agency that has not been compromised in Nigeria?

Abeg, top notch wedding photographer is here o. cheesy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by Bombastically00(m): 8:10pm On Sep 17, 2021
Unexpected expenses dey pain ooo...sorry bro

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by wordychap: 8:12pm On Sep 17, 2021
Bombastically00:
Unexpected expenses dey pain ooo...sorry bro
Thanks

6 Likes

Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by soloehis(m): 8:13pm On Sep 17, 2021
You must have at some point compromised.. I see no reason why u should part with such amount if u are sure of the licensing officer that did the paper for you.fake documents are always cheaper

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by wordychap: 8:14pm On Sep 17, 2021
Timagex:
Is there a security agency that has not been compromised in Nigeria?
Yes there are all compromised but going to the level of issuing fake papers withoit the customers consent is unheard of.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by wordychap: 8:16pm On Sep 17, 2021
soloehis:
Your must have at some point compromised.. I see no reason why u should part with such amount if u are sure of the licensing officer that did the paper for you.fake documents are always cheaper
No, honestly no i didn't compromise, i paid the correct amount for authentic papers.

4 Likes

Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by Timagex(m): 8:37pm On Sep 17, 2021
wordychap:

Yes there are all compromised but going to the level of issuing fake papers withoit the customers consent is unheard of.
That's sad. Very sad.
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by soloehis(m): 8:39pm On Sep 17, 2021
wordychap:

No, honestly no i didn't compromise, i paid the correct amount for authentic papers.
well this is Nigeria anything is possible..sorry about that.I will send u an autoreg link where u can check your papers ur self to know if ur documents were renewed… I wrote it down some where, let me look for it..also make sure your number plate is on FRSC data base..that’s another way police are using to extort Nigerians..stay blessed

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by Sonnobax15(m): 8:40pm On Sep 17, 2021
undecided
Na wa oh...is there really any hope for this country at all?

1 Like

Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by Randal: 8:40pm On Sep 17, 2021
Sorry
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by ichidodo: 8:40pm On Sep 17, 2021
You saw cars reversing and you didn't follow them to do so? What if there was armed robbers ahead on the ambush?? Driving is all about being alert to the going ons in your surroundings..Next time you see people running away,driving away or reversing away from a particular direction, pls follow suit..

181 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 17, 2021
Hmm nawa oo
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by OGraffix(m): 8:41pm On Sep 17, 2021
grin
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by Hemanwel(m): 8:41pm On Sep 17, 2021
It's really a sad one. The way those guys view private car owners ehn...

It doesn't occur to them that some people who own cars are seriously managing

6 Likes

Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by bestman09(m): 8:41pm On Sep 17, 2021
sad

Sorry for the bitter experience. Truth is that this shit happens to many people almost on daily basis. If you have the time, follow up the issue and they will beg you to take back your money to avoid being exposed. Even the person that did the papers must refund the money, if only you have the time.

6 Likes

Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by Sabadon(m): 8:41pm On Sep 17, 2021
Eloquencee:
G
for gandollar grin
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by olaboy33(m): 8:42pm On Sep 17, 2021
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 17, 2021
wordychap:
On my way back from work, driving on a highway, I noticed two cars reversing. This is usually a sign of FRSC officers ahead but i couldn't see any so I trottled on.

A short distance ahead I sighted a police van then I came on VIO checking. I was told to pa4k which i did and the checks started.
They checked my tyres then went to my papers. The lad then said my papers look suspicious and went ahead to send my plate number to his office to authenticate my papers.

After a delay of close to an hour, hia affice called and he told me the data they have with them shows my papers ought to have expired in february 2021 but what i had with me is to expire in february 2022.

Arguments ensued and I was told the fine is 50k. I have a lot to do with the car next week and besides children's school's resuming so i couldn't allow them take the cqr to their office.

To cut a long story short, I parted with 40k to the lad and gave him 10k to get me authentic papers by monday next week.

The said 'fame papers' was issued to me at Board of Internal Revenue office in Uyo, Akwa Ibom Stage, where one is to renew his papers. I actually got there and gave a lady i was introduced to the money and she went ahead to make payments- as i assumed, and gave me the papers.

If a government agency can issue fake papers and a sister agency collect penalties what's the hope for Nigeria?

Honestly i don't think i can let this slide i have to pursue this matter, only wish i can vividly recognise the lady that got me the papers at BIR.

This is my worst experience on the road so far and ita happened when i need money. Sad!
I don't stop for v.i.o . I repeat, don't stop for em

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by Promxy94(m): 8:42pm On Sep 17, 2021
wordychap:

Which state number plate are you having?.

Usually your papers can be verified online by yourself.

And secondly when renewing here they send auto reg sms even for insurance too.

1 Like

Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by Enugurangers: 8:42pm On Sep 17, 2021
At op. sorry for the loss of money. This is Nigeria where a traffic officer or local government official would tell you to pass one way by lying that there is road construction on the right way to pass. Only for his other colleagues in hiding to pounce on you after driving for 500m on that same one way road.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by arthurwillia(m): 8:42pm On Sep 17, 2021
Sorry o
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by Ugaboy: 8:43pm On Sep 17, 2021
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by Promoter2: 8:43pm On Sep 17, 2021
You be JJC.

Never allow a Nigerian officer win an argument over you. Na you go lose.

You have money. If you no hold bar you wouldn't dash thieves 40k plus 10k.

You giving someone you don't personally know money to make car documents for you is kinda a novice move.

You no grow for Naija?

Every Nigeria has trust issues inborn. grin

62 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by Timblogga: 8:43pm On Sep 17, 2021
wordychap:

which lady is that? Might be the one that messed up my drivers license with an error and was still rude on top of that.

2 Likes

Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by lordm(m): 8:43pm On Sep 17, 2021
That's how I woman gave me fake drivers license application documents. Thieves.

1 Like

Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by money121(m): 8:43pm On Sep 17, 2021
Sorry
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by walozanga(m): 8:44pm On Sep 17, 2021
My brother u entered one chance

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry / Brabus Gives Mercedes E-class A Stunning New Look / ASWMA Vehicle Spotted With Two Of Its Tyres Missing (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.