Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,996 members, 7,810,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

Uche, Pete Edochie's Son Spends N6M Treating COVID-19 That Damaged 80% Of Lungs - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Uche, Pete Edochie's Son Spends N6M Treating COVID-19 That Damaged 80% Of Lungs (82991 Views)

80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife / 'This Is Spiritual' – Uche Maduagwu Reacts To Death Of Yul Edochie’s Son / Josephine Edochie: Pete Edochie's Wife And Yul Edochie's Mother (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uche, Pete Edochie's Son Spends N6M Treating COVID-19 That Damaged 80% Of Lungs by NwekeUG(m): 7:23pm On Sep 17, 2021
Pete Edochie's Son, Uche Spends N6M Treating COVID-19 After It Damaged 80% Of His Lungs (Photo)

Uche Edochie, son of veteran Nollywood actor, Pete Edochie took to his Instagram handle to share his experience of treating himself of COVID-19 after the ailment damaged 80% of his lungs, IgbereTV reports.

Sharing a photo of himself during his recovery at the COVID-19 isolation cente, he wrote;

"Me in recovery at the covid 19 isolation treatment facility in Gbagada around twelve days ago. My older brother @leoedochie paid me a visit. Best big brother ever. So Covid finally got me and it is quite some story.

When I fell sick weeks ago, I thought I had malaria. So I spent the first couple of weeks treating for malaria. By the time I realised this could be something else, it was too late. By the time I was rushed to the hospital, eighty percent of my lungs were damaged. I couldn't eat or breathe and I was on oxygen for weeks. I couldn't walk either and had severe chest pains. I kept blacking out. It felt like I was dying and waking up over and over again. I have never seen anything like this.

For the first time in my life, I had no control over anything. I felt like I was on a boat drifting away in the still of the night rudderless.The days that followed passed bye slowly and everything was a blur. I just remember laying in the hospital and floating endlessly like a feather in an abyss of nothing. The days turned to weeks and my recovery is going well. I am fully cured of covid now and I am able to walk a little. My lungs will take months to heal completely. So I am still on oxygen and other medications but I am back home.

Curing covid costs a fortune too and that is a problem. That is often why people die. The facility where I was treated charges N350,000 a day. I was there for twelve days before being moved to First Cardiology Centre in Ikoyi for my lung and heart rehabilitation. Total cost of my treatment so far has exceeded six million naira. I know a guy whose covid treatment cost seventeen million naira.
Governments must invest in affordable treatment or more and more people will die. Affordable treatment is our last line of defense. We have tried lock downs, masks and vaccines and covid is still spreading. Even the vaccinated are still catching covid.

And that was my covid experience. My family has been incredibly supportive and so have the healthcare workers that took care of me. In all these people, I saw the face of God. I will never forget.

#covid19"
https://www.instagram.com/p/CT6l0-NriGw/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

21 Likes

Re: Uche, Pete Edochie's Son Spends N6M Treating COVID-19 That Damaged 80% Of Lungs by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:26pm On Sep 17, 2021
now imagine the poor guys out there who cant even provide themselves with 3 square meals a day.... thats a sure death for them then.

345 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Uche, Pete Edochie's Son Spends N6M Treating COVID-19 That Damaged 80% Of Lungs by Botking: 7:29pm On Sep 17, 2021
smiley
Re: Uche, Pete Edochie's Son Spends N6M Treating COVID-19 That Damaged 80% Of Lungs by chatinent: 7:35pm On Sep 17, 2021
Wow. Safe recovery.

Ị ga -adị mma. Ọ bụ okwu oge.

I'm only sad for those who wouldn't have such sum to take care of themselves if they were in your canvas.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uche, Pete Edochie's Son Spends N6M Treating COVID-19 That Damaged 80% Of Lungs by ElexObi1: 8:33pm On Sep 17, 2021
Can someone please show me who is Uche in the above picture

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uche, Pete Edochie's Son Spends N6M Treating COVID-19 That Damaged 80% Of Lungs by ClassicMan202(m): 8:50pm On Sep 17, 2021
80% of your lungs??..... Na wa o

Doctors in the house, is it possible?

34 Likes

Re: Uche, Pete Edochie's Son Spends N6M Treating COVID-19 That Damaged 80% Of Lungs by money121(m): 8:50pm On Sep 17, 2021
Ok

1 Like

Re: Uche, Pete Edochie's Son Spends N6M Treating COVID-19 That Damaged 80% Of Lungs by arthurwillia(m): 8:50pm On Sep 17, 2021
Ehya sorry o

Jumbleds35:

So is Malaria, Accident, Bandits, Isa Pantami, Buhari, tuberculosis, and other killer diseases
We know
Rest

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche, Pete Edochie's Son Spends N6M Treating COVID-19 That Damaged 80% Of Lungs by Xscape047: 8:50pm On Sep 17, 2021
Him business

3 Likes

Re: Uche, Pete Edochie's Son Spends N6M Treating COVID-19 That Damaged 80% Of Lungs by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 17, 2021
Covid is still out there. Protect yourself

59 Likes

Re: Uche, Pete Edochie's Son Spends N6M Treating COVID-19 That Damaged 80% Of Lungs by Omicron007: 8:50pm On Sep 17, 2021
shocked

According to NL Resident Pastor Righteousness2, COVID is not real and the vaccines are not safe.

A lot of folks here have even caught this virus, but they thought it was the normal malaria or flu.

The sheer ignorance on NL baffles me. From that vulture griller to the pastor who operates multiple monikers all in the name of evangelism.

COVID is real. May we never experience it before we believe it exists.
Go and take your jab now that it is free.

Don't forget you are living in a shithole country with no functional health insurance. The cost of staying in an ICU for a day is very high.

105 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Uche, Pete Edochie's Son Spends N6M Treating COVID-19 That Damaged 80% Of Lungs by homealone00: 8:50pm On Sep 17, 2021
angry
Re: Uche, Pete Edochie's Son Spends N6M Treating COVID-19 That Damaged 80% Of Lungs by SuperNova33: 8:51pm On Sep 17, 2021
Hmmm

350k per day ... why ? Do they give them golden drip ?

Well let me not say what I don't know much about

Welcome back to the game .. we move

10 Likes

Re: Uche, Pete Edochie's Son Spends N6M Treating COVID-19 That Damaged 80% Of Lungs by Eagle360(m): 8:51pm On Sep 17, 2021
Revamp our health care system and stop parading London Hospital.
Pay our Doctors, Nurses and other health Practitioner well.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche, Pete Edochie's Son Spends N6M Treating COVID-19 That Damaged 80% Of Lungs by wwwihy: 8:51pm On Sep 17, 2021
No .... according to spam righteousness2....COVID is not real

7 Likes

Re: Uche, Pete Edochie's Son Spends N6M Treating COVID-19 That Damaged 80% Of Lungs by Full310: 8:51pm On Sep 17, 2021
Get well soon

1 Like

Re: Uche, Pete Edochie's Son Spends N6M Treating COVID-19 That Damaged 80% Of Lungs by BrickDevo: 8:51pm On Sep 17, 2021
Re: Uche, Pete Edochie's Son Spends N6M Treating COVID-19 That Damaged 80% Of Lungs by Jerryherd: 8:52pm On Sep 17, 2021
cool

Many died , many richer and poorer people died

Just thank God

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche, Pete Edochie's Son Spends N6M Treating COVID-19 That Damaged 80% Of Lungs by Rich4god(m): 8:53pm On Sep 17, 2021
This Covid sef... I don't even understand.

How come no footballer have died out of Covid.

12 Likes

Re: Uche, Pete Edochie's Son Spends N6M Treating COVID-19 That Damaged 80% Of Lungs by ipobarethieves: 8:54pm On Sep 17, 2021
cool sad sad cool village upcoming president cool
Re: Uche, Pete Edochie's Son Spends N6M Treating COVID-19 That Damaged 80% Of Lungs by Destinepraise: 8:54pm On Sep 17, 2021
He doesn't really look like his dad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche, Pete Edochie's Son Spends N6M Treating COVID-19 That Damaged 80% Of Lungs by Dialpad: 8:54pm On Sep 17, 2021
Only if he had taken the vaccine, he would have saved 6 million without damaged lungs.

You can't have covid-19 without it leaving you with a permanent mark.

If you are smart, just go ahead and take the vaccine.

The rich can afford millions for treatment, the poor will be left in pains to die slowly.

May God help us all.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche, Pete Edochie's Son Spends N6M Treating COVID-19 That Damaged 80% Of Lungs by olaboy33(m): 8:54pm On Sep 17, 2021
How the common man survives this Covid still baffles me.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche, Pete Edochie's Son Spends N6M Treating COVID-19 That Damaged 80% Of Lungs by alnino94(m): 8:55pm On Sep 17, 2021
h

1 Like

Re: Uche, Pete Edochie's Son Spends N6M Treating COVID-19 That Damaged 80% Of Lungs by Ugaboy: 8:55pm On Sep 17, 2021
Covid-19 brohaha

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kemi Olunloyo Sent To Port-Harcourt Prison For 'Defaming' Pastor David Ibiyeomie / AY's 37th Birthday Cakes From Zenith, Gtbank, TREM Church, Others (pics) / Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.