Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,993 members, 7,835,331 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Chelsea Beat Spurs To Extend Unbeaten Run And Go Joint Top - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea Beat Spurs To Extend Unbeaten Run And Go Joint Top (15882 Views)

Osimhen Scores Two To Take Napoli To Joint-top In Serie A / Super Eagles Players React To Unbeaten Run In World Cup Qualifiers / Chelsea Beat Spurs 2 – 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Beat Spurs To Extend Unbeaten Run And Go Joint Top by Adamwest: 7:09pm On Sep 20, 2021
Great100000:
Hahahahaha, Guy u dey vex oooooooo grin grin grin this Fatality + Brutality hahahahahaha. Take it easy oooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin this is what they call finishing......

Normally I will see misinformation like this and ignore
But I'll take it as my duty to educate you and your fellow fan boy
First point Messi holds a couple of guiness records a simple Google search would have helped you, but in your haste to poke holes in a solid argument you failed to do this
Next you said the main aim of a defender is to defend, I do agree but you should be smart enough to know that football is/has changed, RB and LBs aid in attacking now, even down to CBs and goal keepers help build up play from the back, even Ramos has been know to rescue madrid by scoring I'm very tight games, so you opening your mouth saying Trent should defend and defend alone shows a lack of understanding, trents problem with Southgate is Southgate dosent know how to utilise him and that's is a big problem, even Klopp has complained severally about it.
It's crazy how you chose to make light of TAA guiness record but if it ask you what makes jorginho special you will tell me he is UEFA men player of the year. That record is Trent's hardwork and a confirmation of what an excellent player he is.
I can't even begin to count Trent's honors and record here, it's shocking we have to argue over stuff that's very obvious, but as usual with the individuals I share a nationality with, seeing the truth but ignoring is how we survive in their place.
Now, I will be brutally honest, last season trent was defensively poor but so was the entire Liverpool defence because we lost our defensive leader, I make no excuses for trent, I mean that's why Southgate refused to call him up for the EUROS qualifiers, even Trent said it himself and promised to work harder and towards the end of the season, Trent showed everybody why he's the best RB in the world, forcing Southgate to call him back for the EUROS.

Finally, like it or not, agree or not, liverpool for the past 3 seasons have had the best RB and LBs in the league....If you have evidence against this claim please bring it.
The stats speak for themselves....Take a bow
Re: Chelsea Beat Spurs To Extend Unbeaten Run And Go Joint Top by Mangekyo: 10:10pm On Sep 20, 2021
After debunking all your claims, you had to switch accounts and couldn't even tag me to your reply. I know you didn't want me to see the reply, but too bad I already put this thread on Follow.

Now back to your fanboying ass!

Adamwest:

Normally I will see misinformation like this and ignore
But I'll take it as my duty to educate you and your fellow fan boy
First point Messi holds a couple of guiness records a simple Google search would have helped you, but in your haste to poke holes in a solid argument you failed to do this

You should focus on the point I was making. My informations don't always have to be accurate. Focus on the point which is accurate.
If you think because a player has won a guiness book of record, then he's better than others. Perhaps wouldn't you agree that Dele alli is better than Kevin De Bruyne since he got one whereas KDB or Bruno doesn't?
Try to apply sense whenever you're engaging someone in a debate.

Next you said the main aim of a defender is to defend, I do agree but you should be smart enough to know that football is/has changed, RB and LBs aid in attacking now, even down to CBs and goal keepers help build up play from the back, even Ramos has been know to rescue madrid by scoring I'm very tight games, so you opening your mouth saying Trent should defend and defend alone shows a lack of understanding,

Here you go again exposing your lack of football knowledge to everyone.
Is Ramos a disgrace defensively? Ramos is a solid centre back, you don't get past him easily. His primary objective, which is to defend has actually been achieved by him since he has the ability. All the defenders who know how to attack also know how to defend. The only exception here is Alexander Arnold.
What is even the use calling someone a defender if he doesn't know how to defend?
The fact here is Arnold is a disgrace to all defenders out there.

trents problem with Southgate is Southgate dosent know how to utilise him and that's is a big problem, even Klopp has complained severally about it.

Trents problem isn't Southgate. His problem lies within him. Southgate made a very good point after he dropped Alexander Arnold in the trash can where he belongs. The likes of tripper, walker, James and even Wan bissaka are rated higher than him. They are proper right backs. I really don't see Arnold returning to that English team anytime soon to be honest. Even won't bother fielding a mediocre player as him in my team.

It's crazy how you chose to make light of TAA guiness record but if it ask you what makes jorginho special you will tell me he is UEFA men player of the year. That record is Trent's hardwork and a confirmation of what an excellent player he is.

Hahaha boy don't attribute your characteristics to me. Just because jorginho won the Uefa best player doesn't mean I'd start comparing him to the likes of KDB and Bruno Fernandes. I'm not as deluded as you who automatically crowned TAA the best right back in the world just because he's won a guiness book of record. I reckon man city fans also should be rating ederson as the very best in the world since he has one, but they don't because they obviously aren't retąrded.

I can't even begin to count Trent's honors and record here, it's shocking we have to argue over stuff that's very obvious, but as usual with the individuals I share a nationality with, seeing the truth but ignoring is how we survive in their place.

Please list them. I give you the go ahead

Now, I will be brutally honest, last season trent was defensively poor but so was the entire Liverpool defence because we lost our defensive leader, I make no excuses for trent, I mean that's why Southgate refused to call him up for the EUROS qualifiers, even Trent said it himself and promised to work harder and towards the end of the season, Trent showed everybody why he's the best RB in the world, forcing Southgate to call him back for the EUROS.

What defensive leader? Trent has been a disgrace. His mediocre defensive skills were already known to everyone even before last season. Look let me enlighten you more on your own club. Liverpool last 2-3 seasons ago were already title contenders. They contended for the UCL. went toe to toe with man city for the EPL. But because they had defenders like Arnold with no VVD to back him up, your team lost every chance to win a trophy.
Lovern was bang average. He couldn't cover for another average player in Arnold.
It was only after you signed VVD that your team became stabilized at the back. Without VVD Arnold would probably have been sold as at now since he's nothing but a pile of shit who calls himself a player.
It's obvious there's no VVD in England. Southgate noticed this and since Arnold went ahead to prove to every doubters that he really cant do without VVD last season, Southgate opted not to call him.

Finally, like it or not, agree or not, liverpool for the past 3 seasons have had the best RB and LBs in the league....If you have evidence against this claim please bring it.
The stats speak for themselves....Take a bow
Like what or not? Lmfao all I know is Trent Alexander Arnold isn't getting nowhere near the bench of Chelsea football club. The Chelsea team doesn't not have room for "supposed" defenders, who on the long run aren't actual defenders. Arnold should change his playing position to either a midfielder or something else maybe then he stands the chance of even warming our bench
Re: Chelsea Beat Spurs To Extend Unbeaten Run And Go Joint Top by Mangekyo: 10:21pm On Sep 20, 2021
Great100000:
Hahahahaha, Guy u dey vex oooooooo grin grin grin this Fatality + Brutality hahahahahaha. Take it easy oooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin this is what they call finishing......

The guy nor knw anything.

Re: Chelsea Beat Spurs To Extend Unbeaten Run And Go Joint Top by Humanoid01(m): 11:07pm On Sep 20, 2021
Mangekyo, please take it easy on that guy acting like he knows it all in football. He had to switch accounts hahaha!
Re: Chelsea Beat Spurs To Extend Unbeaten Run And Go Joint Top by Humanoid01(m): 11:16pm On Sep 20, 2021
MrColdsweat:
[s][/s]

Who hold the Guinness and Epl record for most assists by a defender?

Who's the best right back in the world?

See the first name that appeared....

What career highlights does James have?

Go nd watch Arnold's 2 freekicks against Chelsea....

Meanwhile, Arnold's assist to origi vs barcelona is bigger than reece James entire career.....

https://www.goal.com/en-ae/news/goal-ultimate-11-powered-by-fifa-21-alexander-arnold-is-the-best-/l5syk7u5kd7m1arfdxt5og681
How you rate a right back based on assists is something I can't seem to figure out, yet you act like a football scholar.

No sane coach would see James and TAA and pick the latter for a right back position, when it's obvious he's a woeful defender. I'm sure he can't even play as a wingback. James fits both roles so well: He doesn't offer too much going forward but he's a good crosser of the ball when he has the chance, and he also has great defensive skills.

Just because TAA came into limelight before James doesn't mean he's a better player.
Re: Chelsea Beat Spurs To Extend Unbeaten Run And Go Joint Top by Mangekyo: 11:24pm On Sep 20, 2021
Humanoid01:
Mangekyo, please take it easy on that guy acting like he knows it all in football. He had to switch accounts hahaha!

Lolz the way he typed in his second account looks a lot different. Im suspecting something
Re: Chelsea Beat Spurs To Extend Unbeaten Run And Go Joint Top by Great100000: 11:39pm On Sep 20, 2021
Mangekyo:

Lolz the way he typed in his second account looks a lot different. Im suspecting something
You be baddest sha grin grin grin grin grin because of that Fatality + Brutality, instead of u to Quote you, na me he mistakenly quoted.... grin grin grin grin grin See confusion oooo.... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Chelsea Beat Spurs To Extend Unbeaten Run And Go Joint Top by Adamwest: 12:17am On Sep 21, 2021
I deliberately decided not to quote your post because I found it long and full of wrong facts.
I quoted the guy who like a fanboy quoted you happily without even checking if the things you said were true.....Now, this is my account and mine alone The person you accused me of being I don't even know him or his moniker...But as I said earlier, I almost never comment on rival threads because I know how it always goes. People abandon reason and focus on attacking the individual, I understand this, after all, it's a passionate subject....but on this, I just had to speak.....But I can't argue for days over what's glaring to the wise and sighted.

We are talking about a player who has been on:

2020 FIFA FIFPro World XI
2020 IFFHS Men’s World Team
2019 Ballon d’or Nominee (19th Position)
2019 FIFA FIFPro World XI (6th Defender)
2019 IFFHS Men’s World Team
2019 UEFA Team of the Year
2018-19 UEFA Champions League Defender of the Season (3rd Place), James has never made the top 10
2018 Golden Boy Runner-Up (ahead of Mbappe)
Won the inaugural Premier League Young Player of the Season award
Won the PFA Young Player of the Year accolade.

Yet you say he can't replace Reece James in your team? A 70m Euros player against a 40m valued player?

I asked you to bring up facts that prove that James was a better player, all you did was keep repeating that trend wasn't called for EUROS (which I have debunked), how Madrid and Aston-villa dribbled past him because your own RB has never been dribbed past in his life right?
For your information, since you have refused to keep up with current happenings, Trent is back with the 3 lions, he missed out of the EUROS because of an injury not because he was dropped.....The internet is out there, utilize it and stop dropping facts off the back of your hand, you're not a tout, you're smart for God's sake!!!

You keep trying to make light of his Guinness record like it's nothing, this is someone who broke his own assist record that he set a year prior. Now there are certain records that are earned by sheer luck or accident or even hold very little importance, but you're here using Dele Ali's fastest nutmegs in 30 seconds that he attempted during a training session as a yardstick to judge Trent's most English Premier League assists by a defender in a single season, come on!!, do they seem to have the same relevance?
Does Ali's record showcase him as the best dribbler in the world?
But Trent's record actually shows him as the best-attacking RB in the world (Feel free to debunk).

I have attached some stats for you to read, all from last season...don't be shy to counter if you have contrary facts. I am open to learning.
We all know the truth but some people choose to keep lying to themselves....that's no problem of mine.
My player had a hard season last year, I was honest enough to admit it because I don't allow my love for my club to blind me, I tell it for what it is.
Normally, I will say let the teams do the talking on the pitch...but sometimes you just have to set some people right without malice.
Cheers!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pics: Courtney Dike & Francisca Ordega On The Way To France 4 Super Falcons Game / Euro 2024: Group Draws / Mohamed Salah Ruled Out For Barcelona Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.