Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,893 members, 7,828,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

The Implication Of Artefacts On Mammography - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Implication Of Artefacts On Mammography (909 Views)

X-rays/mammography Machines And Ultra Sound, Scan Machines / Imported Tokunbo Form Germany X-rays/mammography Machines And Ultra Sound. / What Is The Cost Of Doing A Mammography? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Implication Of Artefacts On Mammography by otilowaju(f): 4:03pm On May 26, 2011
Hello Doctors in the House,
I did a mammogram last week and the result says:

Artefacts noted in some of the mammographs
The two br, sts are generally fibroglandular.  The nipples are everted,w ith normal subsutaneous tissues seen bilateraly. there's no mass, lesion or pathological calcification seen in both br, sts.  normal retrommammary spaces, with no lymphademopathy seen.    Normal study.

From a layman's assessment of the result I could tell there's no cause for alarm.  However, on checking the interpretation of the first line on the internet, I found out  artefacts in mammographs could mean the mamography equipment might have skipped some details shocked shocked shocked. What am I supposed to do? I did the test on my own when I was feeling ocassional pains in the two organs. I'm 45 years and I've removed two lumps in the past that were confirmed benign. thank you.

(1) (Reply)

BRT Bus Falls Into Lagos Lagoon!!! / 40 Ways To Better Living And Health In 2013 / Can Blood Group O Person Have AS Or AC Genotype.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.