Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Being A Second Wife To The Right Person Is Better Than Being A First Wife To ... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Being A Second Wife To The Right Person Is Better Than Being A First Wife To ... (2668 Views)

How I Sent My Troublesome First Wife Packing Peacefully / Woman Celebrates As Her Husband Marries A Second Wife (Photo) / Cacudu Benson's First Wife Now Homeless (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Being A Second Wife To The Right Person Is Better Than Being A First Wife To ... by saphiere(f): 7:04pm On Sep 20, 2021
Being a second wife to the right person is better than being a first wife to the wrong person – Nigerian lady

A Nigerian lady has taken to cyberspace to share her opinion on marriage.
The lady who took to her Facebook page to air her view on marriage said it is better to become a second wife to the right husband than to become the first wife to the wrong husband.

“Being a second wife to the right person is better than being a first wife to the wrong person.
I Move ��‍♀️��‍♀️��‍♀️”
, she wrote.

https://.com/being-a-second-wife-to-the-right-person-is-better-than-being-a-first-wife-to-the-wrong-person-nigerian-lady/

lalasticlala

Re: Being A Second Wife To The Right Person Is Better Than Being A First Wife To ... by saphiere(f): 7:04pm On Sep 20, 2021
If it cost you your peace, leave. I stand with her.
Re: Being A Second Wife To The Right Person Is Better Than Being A First Wife To ... by nzeobi(m): 7:06pm On Sep 20, 2021
I agree if the first wife and her children will accept you

2 Likes

Re: Being A Second Wife To The Right Person Is Better Than Being A First Wife To ... by Lattop(m): 7:09pm On Sep 20, 2021
U see this people I mean most of ur Gender won't agreed to this

But still we move
Re: Being A Second Wife To The Right Person Is Better Than Being A First Wife To ... by saphiere(f): 7:10pm On Sep 20, 2021
nzeobi:
I agree if the first wife and her children will accept you
You men need permission from their children before they marry?
Re: Being A Second Wife To The Right Person Is Better Than Being A First Wife To ... by saphiere(f): 7:11pm On Sep 20, 2021
Lattop:
U see this people I mean most of ur Gender won't agreed to this

But still we move
My peace of mind first.

1 Like

Re: Being A Second Wife To The Right Person Is Better Than Being A First Wife To ... by nzeobi(m): 7:31pm On Sep 20, 2021
saphiere:
You men need permission from their children before they marry?

To some extent because a new person is coming to join the family so old members should be informed and everybody carried along

1 Like

Re: Being A Second Wife To The Right Person Is Better Than Being A First Wife To ... by YeyeGbami: 7:32pm On Sep 20, 2021
See thinking, you might as well be the tenth wife. Sule igbira

2 Likes

Re: Being A Second Wife To The Right Person Is Better Than Being A First Wife To ... by insidelife22(m): 7:34pm On Sep 20, 2021
Sister onyi22 over to you.
Re: Being A Second Wife To The Right Person Is Better Than Being A First Wife To ... by bukatyne(f): 7:46pm On Sep 20, 2021
saphiere:
If it cost you your peace, leave. I stand with her.

You mean it is ok for a woman to leave a troublesome husband to become a trouble to another woman by marrying her husband?

Interesting cheesy grin

It would be ironic if the woman left her first husband for adultery.

We are not against oppression, we are only angry that we are at the receiving end. cheesy
Re: Being A Second Wife To The Right Person Is Better Than Being A First Wife To ... by pocohantas(f): 7:47pm On Sep 20, 2021
Some people believe in polygamy for strange reasons…

I have this woman at work that is 40yrs. She is a devout muslim with an impeccable sense of style- rich muslim women can make you throw away all your omo wobe clothes sha. All covered up but regal.

Anyway, she got married in 2019 and I was surprised, because I always thought muslims marry very early. Then she told me she went into a monogamous marriage in her 20s, but it didn’t work out and crashed in less than 4 years. It was from her I also got to know divorce is rife in the North, but we don’t hear about it. After the divorce, she picked her lessons and returned abroad to further her studies (she has a PhD). She went on to add that she has enjoyed her polygamous husband so much because his wahala is distributed among all the wives. She is the fourth and last wife, with her own separate property on the Island.

According to her, monogamous men are unnecessarily stressful and jealous, even though they will still be cheating without remorse on the side. They have too many expectations and standards and want it all from one woman. Any time they turn, they will call your name. If they come home, they will shout your name. Men who are polygamous with their full chest are different.

She closed by asking if I have ever asked myself why it is women in rich polygamous marriages that have time to attend parties upandan, travel for studies, do baby girl and go for vacations every other month? You do something with your life and have time for yourself while the man faces his other three wives.

She made a lot of sense, but I will pass…

6 Likes

Re: Being A Second Wife To The Right Person Is Better Than Being A First Wife To ... by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 20, 2021
pocohantas:

I have this woman at work that is 40yrs. She is a devout muslim with an impeccable sense of style- rich muslim women can make you throw away all your omo wobe clothes sha. All covered up but regal.

Anyway, she got married in 2019 and I was surprised, because I always thought muslims marry very early. Then she told me she went into a monogamous marriage in her 20s, but it didn’t work out and crashed in less than 4 years. It was from her I also got to know divorce is rife in the North, but we don’t hear about it. After the divorce, she picked her lessons and returned abroad to further her studies (she has a PhD). She went on to add that she has enjoyed her polygamous husband so much because his wahala is distributed among all the wives. She is the fourth and last wife, with her own separate property on the Island.

According to her, monogamous men are unnecessarily stressful and jealous, even though they will still be cheating without remorse on the side. They have too many expectations and standards and want it all from one woman. Any time they turn, they will call your name. If they come home, they will shout your name. Men who are polygamous with their full chest are different.

She closed by asking if I have ever asked myself why it is women in rich polygamous marriages that have time to attend parties upandan, travel for studies, do baby girl and go for vacations every other month? You do something with your life and have time for yourself while the man faces his other three wives.

There's nothing wrong and bad about polygamy if the man is capable and up to the task,I have aunties(though they are Muslims) who are in polygamous marriage and they ain't complaining at all.I'll advise any lady who wants to consider polygamy to go into it strictly for the man's money so as to avoid stories that touch,polygamy without enough money is hell.As for me God knows I can't share,I'm so jealous.

5 Likes

Re: Being A Second Wife To The Right Person Is Better Than Being A First Wife To ... by Sonnobax15(m): 8:02pm On Sep 20, 2021
lipsrsealed
Do you know that being a second wife to your so-called right person can equally cost another woman her peaceful home? lipsrsealed.

And do you also know that costing that first wife her once upon a time happy home can equally bring concentrated H2SO4 acid upon your life? undecided

Oh yeah... You're suppose to know that there are and will always be side effects to what you may term as "God has answered my prayers".

3 Likes

Re: Being A Second Wife To The Right Person Is Better Than Being A First Wife To ... by efficiencie(m): 8:03pm On Sep 20, 2021
saphiere:
Being a second wife to the right person is better than being a first wife to the wrong person – Nigerian lady

A Nigerian lady has taken to cyberspace to share her opinion on marriage.
The lady who took to her Facebook page to air her view on marriage said it is better to become a second wife to the right husband than to become the first wife to the wrong husband.

“Being a second wife to the right person is better than being a first wife to the wrong person.
I Move ��‍♀️��‍♀️��‍♀️”
, she wrote.

https://.com/being-a-second-wife-to-the-right-person-is-better-than-being-a-first-wife-to-the-wrong-person-nigerian-lady/

lalasticlala

The idiocy of some ladies is mind boggling...would the right man need a second wife? Won't a right man be satisfied and content with one wife? If the right man accepts you as a second wife what is the guarantee he will not be seeking for a third wife? And when the right man eventually gets the third wife would you still consider him the right man? Some ladies believe in notions so idiotic, they make the word "idiocy" obsolete!
Re: Being A Second Wife To The Right Person Is Better Than Being A First Wife To ... by greenie77: 8:05pm On Sep 20, 2021
Women settling to be wife number 2, 3......
should make double sure they are not joining households were poverty is the family anthem.

1 Like

Re: Being A Second Wife To The Right Person Is Better Than Being A First Wife To ... by pocohantas(f): 8:12pm On Sep 20, 2021
Iyaebe:
There's nothing wrong and bad about polygamy if the man is capable and up to the task,I have aunties(though they are Muslims) who are in polygamous marriage and they ain't complaining at all. I'll advise any lady who wants to consider polygamy to go into it strictly for the man's money so as to avoid stories that touch,polygamy without enough money is hell.As for me God knows I can't share,I'm so jealous.

Lmao! I did ask her some personal questions and she answered, because I am sure it is not all rosy. She is 40 and I believe she knows what she is doing. You know some women just want to have a man’s name, have their kids in a marriage and rest. I think they are also fit for polygamous marriage. Be the dormant wife as she called it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being A Second Wife To The Right Person Is Better Than Being A First Wife To ... by crackhaus: 8:23pm On Sep 20, 2021
bukatyne:

You mean it is ok for a woman to leave a troublesome husband to become a trouble to another woman by marrying her husband?

Interesting cheesy grin

It would be ironic if the woman left her first husband for adultery.

We Nigerian women are not against oppression, we Nigerian women are only angry that we they are at the receiving end. cheesy
Edited for clarity... cool

And yeah, you're right... This is something I've known for a long time.

4 Likes

Re: Being A Second Wife To The Right Person Is Better Than Being A First Wife To ... by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 20, 2021
pocohantas:

Lmao! I did ask her some personal questions and she answered, because I am sure it is not all rosy. She is 40 and I believe she knows what she is doing. You know some women just want to have a man’s name, have their kids in a marriage and rest. I think they are also fit for polygamous marriage. Be the dormant wife as she called it.
Polygamy is never rosy infact it's survival of the fittest,the man involved is always at a disadvantage in the long run,the wives are all out for their kids with little or no attention for the man when he's old and tired.Polygamy is only attractive when there's so much money to munch on,so every lady should consider this before accepting a polygamous proposal else she will end up as a bitter and unfulfilled woman.

1 Like

Re: Being A Second Wife To The Right Person Is Better Than Being A First Wife To ... by Kondomatic(m): 8:29pm On Sep 20, 2021
pocohantas:

Lmao! I did ask her some personal questions and she answered, because I am sure it is not all rosy. She is 40 and I believe she knows what she is doing. You know some women just want to have a man’s name, have their kids in a marriage and rest . I think they are also fit for polygamous marriage. Be the dormant wife as she called it.
Exactly what happens in most families here in the North.

The women in these marriages are mainly there for the sake of being married. They have different apartments in the man's compound, all person with her own children.

Nobody has time for some men's endless wahala, he sef kuku no send because if glo no connect, airtel will connect or he will kuku buy a new Etisalat.

And just like your friend said, the women have enough time for their lives. They live it to the fullest, I am talking about those with cash.

They wear the nicest clothes, expensive ones. They have jewelries like it's free in the market. I have few of them as customers, they don't have time to bargain, just ensure it's original and high quality and you're good.

Buhari's government kuku release too much money for northerners, they are the Nigerians now.

But the wives have endless internal battles amongst them. It's gets messy sometimes.
Re: Being A Second Wife To The Right Person Is Better Than Being A First Wife To ... by pocohantas(f): 8:33pm On Sep 20, 2021
Iyaebe:
Polygamy is never rosy infact it’s survival of the fittest,the man involved is always at a disadvantage in the long run,the wives are all out for their kids with little or no attention for the man when he's old and tired. Polygamy is only attractive when there's so much money to munch on,so every lady should consider this before accepting a polygamous proposal else she will end up as a bitter and unfulfilled woman.

You no lie. Except the man really stack money somewhere for his retirement, e go red o. E dey happen for monogamous marriage, come be polygamy. All the so called fight for the man’s love is all fight for major attention and by extension funds. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being A Second Wife To The Right Person Is Better Than Being A First Wife To ... by Sterope(f): 8:33pm On Sep 20, 2021
Some women actually find polygamy very empowering for this reason especially those that enjoy their space. It is a point I can relate to. However, there are polygamous men who are not up to scratch despite their number of wives.

There was a piece on Guardian UK about Muslims women that are career driven who allow their husbands to get second wife who end up taking care of the homefront.

This is where some very foolish men would think this is about them.

pocohantas:

Re: Being A Second Wife To The Right Person Is Better Than Being A First Wife To ... by armyofone(m): 8:34pm On Sep 20, 2021
Polygamy - where one man services 2 or more women undecided

Ummm in 21th century shocked

Being the first and only wifey to the right person is better than being the second wifey to any man.

1 Like

Re: Being A Second Wife To The Right Person Is Better Than Being A First Wife To ... by pocohantas(f): 8:37pm On Sep 20, 2021
Kondomatic:

The women in these marriages are mainly there for the sake of being married. They have different apartments in the man's compound, all person with her own children.

Nobody has time for some men's endless wahala, he sef kuku no send because if glo no connect, airtel will connect or he will kuku buy a new Etisalat.

And just like your friend said, the women have enough time for their lives. They live it to the fullest, I am talking about those with cash.

They wear the nicest clothes, expensive ones. They have jewelries like it's free in the market. I have few of them as customers, they don't have time to bargain, just ensure it's original and high quality and you're good.

Buhari's government kuku release too much money for northerners, they are the Nigerians now.

But the wives have endless internal battles amongst them. It's gets messy sometimes.

You perfectly described her. Everything about her screams luxury. Her clothes, jewelry, bag, shoes…everything. I once asked her if they sell those scarf together with their clothes because there is no colour she doesn’t have. cheesy

Talking with her was very enlightening. People get different agenda for this marriage something.

Sterope:
Some women actually find polygamy very empowering for this reason especially those that enjoy their space. It is a point I can relate to. However, there are polygamous men who are not up to scratch despite their number of wives.

There was a piece on Guardian UK about Muslims women that are career driven who allow their husbands to get second wife who end up taking care of the homefront.

Interesting. grin
I would really love to read this article.

I think men know it is not always about them, but they would only agree when it favours their argument.

1 Like

Re: Being A Second Wife To The Right Person Is Better Than Being A First Wife To ... by bukatyne(f): 8:43pm On Sep 20, 2021
pocohantas:

It is the Western media that makes it seem that 'all women in polygamy' are suffering or do not consent to it. When you engage other tribes or go out to see things, you would be shocked.

A number of women like polygamy because it gives them time to cruise. A friend was telling me how her aunt's business partners pity her because she needs to get back to daddy quickly while they can stay for months because a co-wife is manning the forte at home. Especially the rich men who can maintain them in different states/houses/countries.

Such a man is 'alfa' sha; no room for negotiation or discussion or 'joint decision'. If he says jump, you say 'how high' because three others will do so wile you are contemplating the height. You just sulk, twist your diamond ring enter your latest ride and go to the spa. grin There is also no yeye 'woman rights' talk; the women exist to please the men (literally) nor is there 'I am not in the mood' or talk of no consent. You need a certain frame of mind to stay in that kind of marriage.

Divorce and the North is like bread & butter. Especially as the men like them young so after marrying the girl young, he swaps her when she is older so he can maintain the four wives as stipulated by Islam. Kano Government once did mass marriage for all the divorcees and got mattresses and some other stuff for them.

That's why I laugh when people think polygamy solves adultery or cheating on the part of men.

@Rich Hausa/Muslim women: Kai! those women can make you think of converting to Islam cheesy Someone who worked with them in the North said they live a soft life and wonder why Southern women hustle and look stressed. grin

1 Like

Re: Being A Second Wife To The Right Person Is Better Than Being A First Wife To ... by bukatyne(f): 8:46pm On Sep 20, 2021
Sterope:

Not only career sef.

I knew someone sourcing for a second wife for her husband because his wahala (sex & food) was too much and she was in her late fifties then.
Re: Being A Second Wife To The Right Person Is Better Than Being A First Wife To ... by bukatyne(f): 8:47pm On Sep 20, 2021
crackhaus:

Edited for clarity... cool

And yeah, you're right... This is something I've known for a long time.

This your edit nor follow grin

It is a human behaviour.
Re: Being A Second Wife To The Right Person Is Better Than Being A First Wife To ... by bukatyne(f): 8:50pm On Sep 20, 2021
Kondomatic:

@bold:

You know them very well grin cheesy
Re: Being A Second Wife To The Right Person Is Better Than Being A First Wife To ... by Kondomatic(m): 8:51pm On Sep 20, 2021
pocohantas:

You perfectly described her. Everything about her screams luxury. Her clothes, jewelry, bag, shoes…everything. I once asked her if they sell those scarf together with their clothes because there is no colour she doesn’t have. cheesy

Talking with her was very enlightening. People get different agenda for this marriage something.

Interesting. grin
I would really love to read this article.

I think men know it is not always about them, but they would only agree when it favours their argument.
They've made peace with their men's polygamous nature so their focus is on themselves.

Sometimes I feel they do that in search of alternative source of happiness but what do I know? Those who find it hard to cope are the younglings that married younglings.

Those that advanced no send. The men will marry them, pay them attention for sometime and relegate them to the position of other wives and start looking for young girls to "press"

Young men in the north don't disvirgin ladies as much as married men do.

1 Like

Re: Being A Second Wife To The Right Person Is Better Than Being A First Wife To ... by Kondomatic(m): 8:55pm On Sep 20, 2021
bukatyne:

@bold:

You know them very well grin cheesy
I don tour Northern states sotey I come dey resemble them grin
Re: Being A Second Wife To The Right Person Is Better Than Being A First Wife To ... by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 20, 2021
pocohantas:

I don't know why but this was really funny, like really really funny. It was funny because she identified a problem & instead of finding another man who would accept all her requirements, she just went for the solution that has always worked in the 80s. Basically revert back to factory settings.

Monogamy for a lot of men is just polygamy without any documentations & inclusion of STDs.
Re: Being A Second Wife To The Right Person Is Better Than Being A First Wife To ... by crackhaus: 9:05pm On Sep 20, 2021
bukatyne:

This your edit nor follow grin

It is a human behaviour.
Men are not oppressed na, we are the oppressors.
Re: Being A Second Wife To The Right Person Is Better Than Being A First Wife To ... by Angeldemon: 9:07pm On Sep 20, 2021
redpillers already know this.
A woman would rather share n alpha male than be the sole woman of a weak/beta male.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is 'that' Your Choice Of Condom / Can Anyone Help? / Who Killed It Between Me And This Woman (the Love Of My Life)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.