Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,927 members, 7,821,247 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Programming Section Based On My Measurement - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Programming Section Based On My Measurement (1401 Views)

If Nigeria Election Were Based On The Daughters,who Will Win? / If The Nigerian Elections Were Based On The Daughters Of The Contestants (Photo) / New Exam Pattern Based On Ipl Rules: Nice One: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Programming Section Based On My Measurement by netghost: 8:07pm On May 26, 2011
Script Kiddies 85 %

Social Engineers "Yahoo Boys" 45 %

Hackers 10 %

Crackers 22 %

Computer Programmers / Developers 30 % 

HTML Programmers 90 % lipsrsealed

Dafts "People that argue that worms,viruses and trojans are the same" 72 %

Newbie 80 %

Phreakers 2 %

am i right  wink
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by kodewrita(m): 6:56pm On May 27, 2011
You need to work on your knowledge of mathematics/statistics.

Percentages are meant to add up to 100.
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by netghost: 9:32pm On May 27, 2011
kodewrita:

oga must everybody be sad on nairaland, its a simple joke with each point standing as an independent variable, am very sorry if i offended your maths history
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by Nobody: 10:11pm On May 27, 2011
netghost:

oga must everybody be sad on nairaland.

He wasn't being sad; at first I reasoned along the same line as kodewrita until after a second look. I quite agree with your assumptions.

LOL @ Social Engineers. Thief be Thief, which one kon be "Social Engineers"?
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by netghost: 10:30pm On May 27, 2011
kodewrita:

i am trying my best not to get into any ignorant arguments on Nairaland, but its becoming impossible ,your above statement only proves that your highest degree was attained from a secondary school, and the years was poorly spent,

__WHAT MORE CAN I SAY__

A percentage is simply another way of writing a fraction with a denominator of 100. For example, 23% = 23/100. am sure you are aware of  improper fraction (a fraction whose numerator is greater than the denominator), such as 4/3, so you can have what we might call an "improper percentage" like 120% or 300%, which is simply 120/100,
There are situations in which a percentage greater than 100% makes no sense. EXAMPLE : james answered 134% of the question,  This makes no sense because if we received 1000 questions, we couldn't possibly answer more than all of them. 

On the other hand, sometimes percentages are used like this: "The number of questions received was up 15.7%, from 5450 in February to 6305 in March." In other words, the increase from February to March was 6305-5450 = 855, and 855 is 15.7% of 5450.

Now, what if the number of questions received went up to 14000 in April?  This would be an increase of 122% from March to April.

IN DAFT TERMS: PERCENTAGE SIMPLY MEANS DIVIDED BY 100
*HOPEFULLY NO OFFENCE WILL BE  TAKEN *
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by kodewrita(m): 7:35am On May 28, 2011
So use that explanation to rewrite what you wrote below and make it clearer.

just quoting percentages makes no sense if you dont explain clearly.

as for the issue of percentages going above 100, there's usually an accompanying explanation or the context is usually clear e.g "the value of the stock soared 600% in 2010". Not just quoting numbers like a layman:

Nairaland Members 90% market sellers, 30% PDP.

BE CLEAR, thats it.
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by netghost: 7:49am On May 28, 2011
kodewrita:

just quoting percentages makes no sense if you dont explain clearly.

BE CLEAR, thats it.

My bad i guess lipsrsealed, i just assumed it would be taken for a joke, next time i wil be more clear grin
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by lysaa(f): 4:34pm On May 29, 2011
So how'd this thread pass for a joke with all this serious talk about percentages? angry
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by Sophizzy(f): 6:53pm On May 29, 2011
I ba o.
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by netghost: 9:32pm On May 29, 2011
lysaa:

So how'd this thread pass for a joke with all this serious talk about percentages?  angry

LOL
no vex bro, its suppose to be in the programming section, but seun out of his wisdom decided to move it here, probably cos he saw the joke word mentioned
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by mikuz(m): 11:39pm On May 29, 2011
netghost:

LOL
no vex bro, its suppose to be in the programming section, but seun out of his wisdom decided to move it here, probably cos he saw the joke word mentioned
lysaa na bro?
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by netghost: 11:46pm On May 29, 2011
mikuz:

lysaa na bro?
LOL
just assumed she was a boy, probably why seun moved a programming thread to jokes

@lysaa, wink
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by lysaa(f): 12:07am On May 31, 2011
Thats a character assassination that i wouldn't condone! embarassed
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by mikuz(m): 12:12am On May 31, 2011
lysaa:

Thats a character assassination that i wouldn't condone! embarassed
please don't condone it! Don't allow this character assassination felony to just go scot free! You have to act fast with an immediate alacrity!! Before it turns into something else!
Me self,i can't even bear it.
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by lysaa(f): 12:14am On May 31, 2011
Thanks but i'll pass.
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by mikuz(m): 12:22am On May 31, 2011
lysaa:

Thanks but i'll pass hit him hard.
TRIPLE H STYLEE.
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by lysaa(f): 12:25am On May 31, 2011
I am too graced to do that. .don't [i]d[/i]is it pls.
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by jackpot(f): 6:39am On May 31, 2011
netghost:

i am trying my best not to get into any ignorant arguments on Nairaland, but its becoming impossible ,your above statement only proves that your highest degree was attained from a secondary school, and the years was poorly spent,

__WHAT MORE CAN I SAY__

A percentage is simply another way of writing a fraction with a denominator of 100. For example, 23% = 23/100. am sure you are aware of  improper fraction (a fraction whose numerator is greater than the denominator), such as 4/3, so you can have what we might call an "improper percentage" like 120% or 300%, which is simply 120/100,
There are situations in which a percentage greater than 100% makes no sense. EXAMPLE : james answered 134% of the question,  This makes no sense because if we received 1000 questions, we couldn't possibly answer more than all of them. 

On the other hand, sometimes percentages are used like this: "The number of questions received was up 15.7%, from 5450 in February to 6305 in March." In other words, the increase from February to March was 6305-5450 = 855, and 855 is 15.7% of 5450.

Now, what if the number of questions received went up to 14000 in April?  This would be an increase of 122% from March to April.

IN DAFT TERMS: PERCENTAGE SIMPLY MEANS DIVIDED BY 100
*HOPEFULLY NO OFFENCE WILL BE  TAKEN *

you explained bullshit. You dont even know mathematics at all. Let me reply him for you. Replying>>
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by jackpot(f): 6:48am On May 31, 2011
kodewrita:

percentages add up to 100% when they are mutually exclusive events of a sample space.
In other words, for instance, a bernoulli event in which there are only 2 possibilities: success or failure. There is nothing in their intersection.
In netghost's assessment, there maybe Kiddies who are Engineers and Phreaks at the same time. So the percentages overlaps themselves cos they are not mutually exclusive events.
You have gotten it or should I go further?
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by mikuz(m): 7:43am On May 31, 2011
^
yeah go further please.
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by lysaa(f): 2:06pm On May 31, 2011
So what part of the thread did jackpot quote that from? That's statistics and it states the eluded sense!
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by netghost: 7:10pm On May 31, 2011
jackpot:

you explained bullshit. You dont even know mathematics at all. Let me reply him for you. Replying>>

your just an ignorant daft, and am tired of kids trying to live of my knowledge, am sure you were not born when i was teaching maths at an advance level, your probably one of the every day morons that think they know maths because they have gone through some few textbooks or are good at given back what they are given you in school

jackpot:

percentages add up to 100% when they are mutually exclusive events of a sample space.
In other words, for instance, a bernoulli event in which there are only 2 possibilities: success or failure. There is nothing in their intersection.
In netghost's assessment, there maybe Kiddies who are Engineers and Phreaks at the same time. So the percentages overlaps themselves cos they are not mutually exclusive events.
You have gotten it or should I go further?

your completely right here, but i clearly stated that each stands as an independent variable, so pls read before you start blabbing and trying to help where you are not need,

NOTE: the answer i gave him was based on the assumption that he made that percentages must sum up to a hundred,  if you are still arguing towards that line, am sorry to say this, YOU NEED A BRAIN
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by jackpot(f): 7:31pm On May 31, 2011
NETGHOST, look at the question kodewrita asked you.
kodewrita:

@ NETGHOST

you should have told him why in your first post the percentages didn't add up to 100% instead of talking about percentages and improper fractions.

Now replying your bashy post, I don't need to prove to you that I am an authority in Mathematics. I don't teach Maths to JS and SS Students. For now, I hold group discussions for my fellow PG students. Our levels are being taught by Doctors and Profs only.

Check out my courses
Applicable Functional Analysis
Theory of Distribution and Sobolev Spaces
Topology
Advanced Optimization
Operations Research
Theory of P.D.E.
Non-linear Operators in Banach Spaces
et al.

NETGHOST
I challenge you to give me any problem in Higher Mathematics, I would give you a solution ASAP.

Maths is my course. I am ready for your Q's. Please i am waiting. We can even YIM if you want.
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by lysaa(f): 7:31pm On May 31, 2011
Teachers don't teach me nonsense.
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by mikuz(m): 7:35pm On May 31, 2011
lysaa:

Teachers don't teach me nonsense.
i swear i am a better teacher tutor. If you enrol in my lesson sessions i bet you won't regret it.
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by lysaa(f): 7:38pm On May 31, 2011
Lol. Nor be my head o.
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by jackpot(f): 7:45pm On May 31, 2011
lysaa:

So what part of the thread did jackpot quote that from? That's statistics and it states the eluded sense!
Statistics people fear mathematicians. We use Analysis to mess with them. They only know Probabilities and the like. Engineering Students can Integrate and Differentiate almost anything, bring Analysis and they will run! Even most Professors in Applied Maths do fear to supervise a Student writing Thesis on Analysis.

Lysaa, i am proud to be a Mathematician. An upcoming one. Doc. within 5 years is my target. Lol
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by netghost: 7:54pm On May 31, 2011
jackpot:

NETGHOST, look at the question kodewrita asked you.
@ NETGHOST
you should have told him why in your first post the percentages didn't add up to 100% instead of talking about percentages and improper fractions.

i would have, if he had asked in a polite manner, nairaland is becoming more of a place where u insult and embarrass people rather than gaining knowledge while having fun,

kodewrita:

thats what i responded to

jackpot:

Now replying your bashy post, I don't need to prove to you that I am an authority in Mathematics. I don't teach Maths to JS and SS Students. For now, I hold group discussions for my fellow PG students. Our levels are being taught by Doctors and Profs only.

Check out my courses
Applicable Functional Analysis
Theory of Distribution and Sobolev Spaces
Topology
Advanced Optimization
Operations Research
Theory of P.D.E.
Non-linear Operators in Banach Spaces
et al.

NETGHOST
I challenge you to give me any problem in Higher Mathematics, I would give you a solution ASAP.

Maths is my course. I am ready for your Q's. Please i am waiting. We can even YIM if you want.

Children, always trying to prove something, i no be maths teacher oh, Abeg oh dude i develop softwares for companies, build sites, when i have nothing doing i mentor people based on programming, and when am done with being a GEEK i hangout with girls and my close friends, if you think me and you will be on nairaland proving maths. cheesy cheesy grin grin, get a life
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by lysaa(f): 7:57pm On May 31, 2011
Just because i applauded ur sense in math shouldn't make ur head swell. It was right on point where they eluded the strength of the matter. Didn't call for an unlease of qualifications and prospect.
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by mikuz(m): 8:01pm On May 31, 2011
lysaa:

Just because i applauded your sense in math shouldn't make your head swell. It was right on point where they eluded the strength of the matter. Didn't call for an unlease of qualifications and prospect.
i tire o! The guy is just rude and arrogant at the same time! Posing with a scanty pride!
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by lysaa(f): 8:10pm On May 31, 2011
One question: are u jealous of his quals
Re: Programming Section Based On My Measurement by jackpot(f): 8:19pm On May 31, 2011
netghost:

i would have, if he had asked in a polite manner, nairaland is becoming more of a place where u insult and embarrass people rather than gaining knowledge while having fun,

thats what i responded to

Children, always trying to prove something, i no be maths teacher oh, Abeg oh dude i develop softwares for companies, build sites, when i have nothing doing i mentor people based on programming, and when am done with being a GEEK i hangout with girls and my close friends, if you think me and you will be on nairaland proving maths. cheesy cheesy grin grin,
stop cursing brother. MATHEMATICIANS were the brain behind Computer Invention.
Focus on your expertise bro. I have one problem with computer programmers

why do they keep using the incremental algorithm
x = x + 1
such equations don't make sense in Maths. Lol.
It's like saying 0 = 1

(1) (2) (Reply)

Planking Naija. What Is It? / My Childhood Days Part 1 / The Impossible Choice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.