Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,057 members, 7,814,634 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? (39976 Views)

Brain Drain Of Teachers In Private Schools: What's The Way Forward? / Scarcity Of Teachers In Private Schools: What Is The Cause and the Way Forward? / COVID-19: 181 Students, Staff Test Positive In Private Boarding School - Abayomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by ENGINEERG(m): 7:16am On Sep 21, 2021
I don't know why this fraud and corruption start from in our private Nursery, primary and secondary schools, but I think its universal fraud in Nigeria now.

That you must buy all the Textbooks for a particular class your child is going.
Even when elder siblings have bought those books and he is not using it again, the younger one who need same book now, must buy new ones from the same school.

The economy of this country is so bad and a lot of families find it so hard to pay school fees, but I think owners of schools too always want to make more money on books and wears aside tuition fee so it makes all these school fee to be neck breaking.

So they insist on new books for your wards. And the price they sell it , is more than the actual price. Just to make more money.
They always make huge money from sales of uniform, Wednesday wears, Friday wears, ties, socks, Cardigan.

But on Textbooks that can take decades to damage, why can't younger ones use the one their elder ones have used?

PLS CAN THIS FRAUD STOP?

237 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by tillaman(m): 7:18am On Sep 21, 2021
angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Nobody: 7:21am On Sep 21, 2021
The schools have their own cut on the textbooks. They will get the books cheaper from the publishers and add their own profit on them. They will also compel you to buy from the school and nowhere else.

I don't think it will stop. Corruption is everywhere in this country. Everywhere! Even in the family.

156 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by ENGINEERG(m): 7:24am On Sep 21, 2021
But this is fraud too, and its not helping our educational system, cos it makes it more expensive.. But how does this start, that is now happening everywhere
ThankYouGod:
The schools have their own cut on the textbooks. They will get the books cheaper from the publishers and add their own profit on them. They will also compel you to buy from the school and nowhere else.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Osobi32(m): 7:37am On Sep 21, 2021
ENGINEERG:
I don't know why this fraud and corruption start from in our private Nursery, primary and secondary schools, but I think its universal fraud in Nigeria now.
Even when elder siblings has bought that books and he is not using it again, the younger one who need same book now, must buy new ones from the same school.
The economy of this country is so bad and a lot of families find it so hard to pay school fees, but I think owners of schools too always want to make more money on books and wears aside tuition fee so it makes all these school fee to be neck breaking.
So they insist on new books for your wards. And the price they sell it , is more than the actual price. Just to make more money.
They always make huge money from sales of uniform, Wednesday wears, Friday wears, ties, socks, Cardigan.
But on Textbooks that can take decades to damage, why can younger ones use the one their elder ones have used?
PLS CAN THIS FRAUD STOP?
The fault is with we the parents, we killed our government school system and now the private schools are here to rob us of our hard earned cash. Ask urself this simple question..... did u attend a private school to become who u are today? Have u not seen kids who attend a regular government school and are still very bright academically, even more brighter than those that attend the so called private schools. I think we all need to wake up and go back to the old ways! Same curriculum, same books, same subjects..... the only difference is the building and environment and most private schools are not up to standard of what a private schools should be in actual sense. Meanwhile I have noticed that most of us parents do send our kids to private school just to show off and to feel belonged. Too bad

285 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Authoreety: 8:03am On Sep 21, 2021
This is really a serious topic..

Govt should look into this.. Except quantitative text books... Which can also be adjusted

11 Likes

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by lereinter(m): 8:36am On Sep 21, 2021
Osobi32:
The fault is with we the parents, we killed our government school system and now the private schools are here to rob us of our hard earned cash. Ask urself this simple question..... did u attend a private school to become who u are today? Have u not seen kids who attend a regular government school and are still very bright academically, even more brighter than those that attend the so called private schools. I think we all need to wake up and go back to the old ways! Same curriculum, same books, same subjects..... the only difference is the building and environment and most private schools are not up to standard of what a private schools should be in actual sense. Meanwhile I have noticed that most of us parents do send our kids to private school just to show off and to feel belonged. Too bad

How did parents kill government sch

After the holistic approach of the Rwandan govt, didn't you hear about what's happening private schs there

If you have 10 bright students now, 7 went to private schools

Go and check best students in jamb or waec

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by kevoh(m): 9:34am On Sep 21, 2021
Osobi32:
Yes, blame parents and not the Nigerian government who killed public schools!

Yes, blame the parents and not the Nigerian government who can't even regulate private schools! No standards! Anyone with two bedroom house and no playground will wake up one morning and call the place school!

89 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by mytime24(f): 9:37am On Sep 21, 2021
Every ab0ki wit him kettle

Even govt schools are now forcing parents to buy sch uniform frm them, if u buy frm d market
#oYo

I pity an average parents wit 4 kids in sch

4 Likes

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by proxitaly: 11:07am On Sep 21, 2021
Somebody should tell me "which sector of This fraudulent contraption is working?
From Education to health to energy to etc. Which one is even pretending to work?
Only politicians and probably religious leaders are cashing out - don't mention yahoo because these boys are products of the failed system.
Ifeanyi Uba was begging IPOB the other day "please don't say there will be no election. We really need this election bla bla bla..."
The thief is saying really need the election to place themselves to continue destroying the residue of their destruction.
And stupid Nigerians won't keep their hate aside to salvage the charred remains of this country or better still balkanize it. If not for themselves at least for the benefit of their posterity.
It's just sad! SAD!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by ryd3(m): 11:36am On Sep 21, 2021
We really need to address this fraud. It cannot continue this way

3 Likes

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by omonla10(m): 11:49am On Sep 21, 2021
I've always said it. The problem is not buhari but we, fellow Nigerians.. My siblings used most of my textbooks but I had to buy same book for my kids over and over again cos they now answer questions inside them. Government never cares about us never

Obviously, the education boards would have been bribed by d publishers.. Na naija way be Dat o.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Ahmback(m): 12:21pm On Sep 21, 2021
This is serious

1 Like

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Sep 21, 2021
had to give out books to orphanages because i still bought same from the school

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by shosky1794: 1:03pm On Sep 21, 2021
I thought I was alone on this. But the fraud won't stop because there's no proper regulation in the education sector(in any sector if I may add). The regulators will tell you that it's private school for reason and if you don't like how they operate, you should take your child to the numerous public schools available.

A primary one pupil was asked to buy 22 textbooks and it must at the school's bookstore. Can you imagine that

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by ravensckar(m): 1:25pm On Sep 21, 2021
Private Schools have developed an advanced technique to fleece their customers.

1- Stationery fee; my child's school charged as high as 30K. On top Nursery 1 pikin o! Fear catch me. Abeg shey I no fit buy pencil & pen for my pikin ni? angry

2- Uniform fee nko? You go fear when you hear how much dem dey charge.

3- ICT charges for a Nursery child? Most private school owners won't make Heaven.

If you dare complain, they will tell you bla bla bla as if the money dey easy to make. However, I believe the bulk of the blame still lies with the government. If they had made public schools standard enough, we for get choice. But as it stands, na die we dey o. angry

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by FarinJini: 2:25pm On Sep 21, 2021
Reminds me of the school I attended (Command Day Secondary School). In Command even if your father was the publisher you're still going to buy from the school.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Cinema4d: 3:27pm On Sep 21, 2021
This particular topic was discussed back and forth on fresh fm in Ibadan few days ago. And the thing is, you can't blame anyone.

5 Likes

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by juman(m): 4:06pm On Sep 21, 2021
P.T.A of the schools can work together to change it.

2 Likes

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by ITbomb(m): 4:45pm On Sep 21, 2021
But you never withdraw them from the school
ravensckar:
Private Schools have developed an advanced technique to fleece their customers.

1- Stationery fee; my child's school charged as high as 30K. On top Nursery 1 pikin o! Fear catch me. Abeg shey I no fit buy pencil & pen for my pikin ni? angry

2- Uniform fee nko? You go fear when you hear how much dem dey charge.

See that mumu post wey I bin tell you
3- ICT charges for a Nursery child? Most private school owners won't make Heaven.

If you dare complain, they will tell you bla bla bla as if the money dey easy to make. However, I believe the bulk of the blame still lies with the government. If they had made public schools standard enough, we for get choice. But as it stands, na die we dey o. angry

See that mumu post wey I bin dey tell you

4 Likes

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by DropsMic(m): 5:41pm On Sep 21, 2021
Parents can always kick against it in PTA meetups

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by manee2(m): 5:54pm On Sep 21, 2021
Why making it seem like a surprise?
The scam is everywhere.
In the government, schools, jobs, markets...
name it!

Truth be told, in this country, it's either you use someone or you're used.

10 Likes

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Kobicove(m): 5:54pm On Sep 21, 2021
Nigerians will just be shouting about fraud and corruption but when they do the same thing and it benefits them they will say it's God's favour! undecided

8 Likes

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by bigdammyj: 5:55pm On Sep 21, 2021
Too much
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by manee2(m): 5:55pm On Sep 21, 2021
DropsMic:
Parents can always kick against it in PTA meetups
Akiko

4 Likes

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by humberjade: 5:55pm On Sep 21, 2021
Hmm

The thing just tire me...just coughed out 100k plus for a Primary 4 pupil....a massive jump from the 60k I paid at the beginning of last session.

33 text books!!! shocked I am still shocked grin

Well sha, nah because of pikin man dey hustle double!!!

Until we have a govt that prioritises education, these private schools will keep fleecing us of our hard-earned money.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Winters23: 5:55pm On Sep 21, 2021
shocked
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by free2ryhme: 5:55pm On Sep 21, 2021
ENGINEERG:

Even when elder siblings have bought those books and he is not using it again, the younger one who need same book now, must buy new ones from the same school.

But on Textbooks that can take decades to damage, why can't younger ones use the one their elder ones have used?

PLS CAN THIS FRAUD STOP?

Solution: Change your kids school

5 Likes

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by TechKraft: 5:56pm On Sep 21, 2021
Lol
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by AmadorSays: 5:56pm On Sep 21, 2021
Fair point, though some might argue that if the same old books are used what happens to new editions and how the people wey dey make am wan chop?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Taiwojon(m): 5:56pm On Sep 21, 2021
Well

We men sake after their own pocket!

Meanwhile
Money isn't everything.
What shall he profit a man if he gain the whole world and lost his soul.

Jesus want all men to repent.
Turn away from your sins and accept Jesus as your lord and savior.

Jesus saves

5 Likes

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Shuggaa: 5:56pm On Sep 21, 2021
J

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

When You Have Failed Jamb Six Times And Preparing To Take The Seventh One. / Pictures Only Medical Students Can Relate To / Three Abia State University Lecturers Die On The Same Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.