Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,124 members, 7,811,160 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

Scarcity Of Teachers In Private Schools: What Is The Cause and the Way Forward? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Scarcity Of Teachers In Private Schools: What Is The Cause and the Way Forward? (22501 Views)

Brain Drain Of Teachers In Private Schools: What's The Way Forward? / Cost Of NECO Registration In Private Schools / Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scarcity Of Teachers In Private Schools: What Is The Cause and the Way Forward? by Vinnie2000(m): 7:48am On Sep 09, 2022
Was in a Tricycle going home and observed that most Schools put a Vacancy for 'Teachers Wanted'.

The driver now said 'Na so so Teachers dis Schools dey find?

'If dem dey see am, e for beta nah.The Guy next to me, said!

He now told us he is a Private school teacher for 5yrs and that these days, Graduates ARE NO LONGER INTERESTED in teaching jobs!

That they are all into Plumbing, Tailoring, Graphics designs, Online selling, Bitcoin trade, Yahoo, Hookups, etc.

SO, THE QUESTION IS

What is the cause of this?

If this Ugly trend continues, Who will Teach the New generation of Nigerian children

Or in 2035 or 2040, will Education in Nigeria be something, Dispensable or Optional

Pls move to FP. Tanx.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Scarcity Of Teachers In Private Schools: What Is The Cause and the Way Forward? by duro4chang(m): 7:54am On Sep 09, 2022
The reasons are many.Some of the reasons are poor salary, poor condition of service, job not pensionable,some school owners are bullies.

324 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Scarcity Of Teachers In Private Schools: What Is The Cause and the Way Forward? by Timoleon(m): 7:56am On Sep 09, 2022
many private schools like many smes are barely afloat in business one of their major ways of cutting cost of operation is to pay meager wages/salaries. With biting inflation and constantly increasing rents, most teachers in private schools end up working and living from hand to mouth. And like the poster above has submitted, the prospect isn’t looking any bright for the average teacher.

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Scarcity Of Teachers In Private Schools: What Is The Cause and the Way Forward? by SocialJustice: 8:20am On Sep 09, 2022
If not for the irresponsibility of government, there should be nothing like private school, especially those mushroom slave factory.

147 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Scarcity Of Teachers In Private Schools: What Is The Cause and the Way Forward? by Legendforte: 8:47am On Sep 09, 2022
The proprietors are not fair when it comes to salaries of their employees. Abuse and mockery of teachers by pupils and students without any punitive measures taken by the school management against them.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Scarcity Of Teachers In Private Schools: What Is The Cause and the Way Forward? by HarlequinLekex: 9:57am On Sep 09, 2022
SocialJustice:
If not for the irresponsibility of government, there should be nothing like private school, especially those mushroom slave factory.
No matter how good a government is there will always be private schools and universities,just that those pako joined ones should not be allowed to exist.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scarcity Of Teachers In Private Schools: What Is The Cause and the Way Forward? by HarlequinLekex: 10:06am On Sep 09, 2022
If u ask naija students of nowadays who want to be a teacher,no response,it is because they are not valued in this region of the globe,a meagre paid teaching job in naija is not something to take on as a job in nigeria,we have teachers who are financially stabilized even within their first 5 years of teaching,when you are not valued doing sth,value yourself by stop doing sth you are not valued for.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Scarcity Of Teachers In Private Schools: What Is The Cause and the Way Forward? by HarlequinLekex: 10:07am On Sep 09, 2022
Naija education don decline long long ago

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scarcity Of Teachers In Private Schools: What Is The Cause and the Way Forward? by Prolificgiant(m): 11:02am On Sep 09, 2022
Their pay is not encouraging ,are u a professional in cleaning and reside in lagos call or chat i av a job for u

2 Likes

Re: Scarcity Of Teachers In Private Schools: What Is The Cause and the Way Forward? by Nwunyeodogwu(f): 11:17am On Sep 09, 2022
The pay is not even the main problem though it’s actually very low. These people will offer to pay you 20k for a month but they’ll keep on deducting your money for every little silly thing, at the end of the month you’ll be left with 10k or even less. School proprietors are usually very greedy and stingy, they are more wicked than Buhari. And they’ll use you to exhaustion, you’ll run errands for them even wipe their babies ass on top insult. You can’t make anything meaningful out of your life if you remain a private school teacher. They’ll even owe you salary and will never pay you. The best is to teach in a government school, the pay is really good plus pension and other benefits. It’s less stressful and you’ll have more time to yourself .

97 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Scarcity Of Teachers In Private Schools: What Is The Cause and the Way Forward? by Rach310(f): 11:21am On Sep 09, 2022
*Not enough salaries
*They are usually overworked
*Harsh schooling environment both from parents and head-teachers.etc.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scarcity Of Teachers In Private Schools: What Is The Cause and the Way Forward? by Vinnie2000(m): 11:33am On Sep 09, 2022
Rach310:
*Not enough salaries
*They are usually overworked
*Harsh schooling environment both from parents and head-teachers.etc.

So with more Graduates Running away from teaching, who will teach our children in the Future
Re: Scarcity Of Teachers In Private Schools: What Is The Cause and the Way Forward? by Tokskob2008: 12:04pm On Sep 09, 2022
In 5 to 10 years to this time so many private schools would have been shut down. I remember those days that immediately SS3 concludes their WAEC exams the very first job was to teach in private schools and the school owners would employ them because they get to pay them lesser than the certified teachers but that isn't the case anymore. School owners still feel they can keep paying scraps all in the name of salary, even the young SS3 students can't work with them anymore not to talk of trained teachers.

Very poor salary, toxic working environment, too much of work overload and many more are the reasons you keep seeing the various vacancy at their gates. It's better to be jobless than to work in some of those schools because they will deprive you of the little happiness and liveliness you have.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scarcity Of Teachers In Private Schools: What Is The Cause and the Way Forward? by 23jerryking(m): 12:08pm On Sep 09, 2022
Vinnie2000:
Was in a Tricycle going home and observed dat most Schools put a Vacancy for 'Teachers Wanted'.

The driver now said ' Na so so Teachers dis Schools dey find?

'If dem dey see am, e for beta nah.The Guy next to me, said!

He now told us he is a Private school teacher for 5yrs and dat diz days, Graduates ARE NO LONGER INTERESTED in teaching jobs!

Dat they are all into Plumbing,Tailoring, Graphics designs, Online selling, Bitcoin trade, Yahoo, Hookups, etc.

SO, THE QUESTION IS

What is the cause of dis?

If dis Ugly trend continues, Who will Teach the New generation of Nigerian children

Or in 2035 or 2040, will Education in Nigeria be something, Dispensable or Optional

Nplfmod.
Pls move to FP. Tanx.
I've had my own share of painful experiences teaching in a private school. Believe me when I say it, proprietors are wicked and selfish. They are only after the cash and not the aim of their establishment (which is to provide quality education). They overlabour their staff members and their welfare is not taken into consideration. I'm not surprised there's lack of teachers, let them not cry foul.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scarcity Of Teachers In Private Schools: What Is The Cause and the Way Forward? by slawomir: 12:11pm On Sep 09, 2022
Damnnn niggar

Small salary na

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scarcity Of Teachers In Private Schools: What Is The Cause and the Way Forward? by Ayilara1(m): 12:11pm On Sep 09, 2022
Public schools should be standardised so that it looks attractive to attend.

Private school should be expensive so that teachers will be well paid.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scarcity Of Teachers In Private Schools: What Is The Cause and the Way Forward? by opalu: 12:12pm On Sep 09, 2022
The only Presidential candidate that has PUMPED funds into education is Peter Obi. He even funded both Public and Private institutions!
Let's vote wisely so that the future children will have Quality education

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scarcity Of Teachers In Private Schools: What Is The Cause and the Way Forward? by ecolime(m): 12:12pm On Sep 09, 2022
They are paid peanuts. Their effort is inversely proportional to their salaries. That's why many do private lessons to shore up their earnings.

If school owners increase school fees, many parents won't be able to afford it and patronage will drop.

You can't really blame school owners. It's a very dicey situation.

As for the adverts you saw, schools just resumed in Lagos. In PH, they are resuming this Monday so it's normal.

Everyone is feeling the heat in Naija not just teachers cry

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scarcity Of Teachers In Private Schools: What Is The Cause and the Way Forward? by Pells: 12:12pm On Sep 09, 2022
You don't need a witch doctor to tell you Private school teachers in Nigeria even with Bsc are paid 10k-30k per month like slaves angry shocked shocked
Nigeria is just wasting all because of Buhari and Queen Lizzie
One is gone,it's remaining the other grin angry

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scarcity Of Teachers In Private Schools: What Is The Cause and the Way Forward? by BATified2023: 12:12pm On Sep 09, 2022
Poor pay coupled with little or no respect is the reason

Nobody respects a teacher in Nigeria n we all saw a thread that hit front page as regards how a meagre 30k salary was reduced to 15k just imagine,30k wey just b 1k per day ooo n na out of d 1k him go chop,transport himself,buy recharge cards,do sub n all other daily needs so it’s highly discouraging

Let me address this issue here

It’s obvious many igbos raised their children in very poor ways,they are always mocking people n hating people even in death

Check social media platforms n see how igbos are mocking queen elizabeth as if they will live forever

It’s highly annoying how a tribe will hate his countrymen n it didn’t even stop at that they even export hate abroad

Like seriously they really don’t know they really need to work on themselves

Look at d poster before me

It’s annoying that all their lives revolve around hate

3 Likes

Re: Scarcity Of Teachers In Private Schools: What Is The Cause and the Way Forward? by MrFixIt007: 12:12pm On Sep 09, 2022
Everybody don tire for the country eeeeee
Re: Scarcity Of Teachers In Private Schools: What Is The Cause and the Way Forward? by Neimar: 12:12pm On Sep 09, 2022
Poor pay
Re: Scarcity Of Teachers In Private Schools: What Is The Cause and the Way Forward? by rusher14: 12:12pm On Sep 09, 2022
grin
Re: Scarcity Of Teachers In Private Schools: What Is The Cause and the Way Forward? by Judolisco(m): 12:12pm On Sep 09, 2022
U wan go dey earn 30k? Some dey pay 15k sef... I was offered 15k after my nysc by one private sch out of frustration I accepted, I was shedding tears on phone that how I go dey earn 15k... I didn't resume Sha I got another job that same week... But seriously d pay is very low

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scarcity Of Teachers In Private Schools: What Is The Cause and the Way Forward? by Johnjanrt: 12:12pm On Sep 09, 2022
No be where I dey. When proprietors dey form Lords. BTW why won't there be scarcity of teachers when they're shortchanged, underemployed and terribly exploited.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scarcity Of Teachers In Private Schools: What Is The Cause and the Way Forward? by sotall(m): 12:12pm On Sep 09, 2022
Low salary

1 Like

Re: Scarcity Of Teachers In Private Schools: What Is The Cause and the Way Forward? by chloride6: 12:12pm On Sep 09, 2022
What you mean is a shortage of people willing to work for a whole month for 25k grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scarcity Of Teachers In Private Schools: What Is The Cause and the Way Forward? by Betensure: 12:12pm On Sep 09, 2022
grin
I rather do Fraud than work in a Private School

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Scarcity Of Teachers In Private Schools: What Is The Cause and the Way Forward? by GeneralPula: 12:12pm On Sep 09, 2022
Reasons:

Majority of these private schools owners creates the school based on loans. This makes them to always calcu too much ontop salaries..

Majority of these private school owners do run schools based on they want to make money off it, nothing else..

Lastly, majority of private schools owners are Nigerians. And majority of Nigerians are not so good at management..

Nigeria is like this because of Nigerians, and if you been thinking it cuz of government, people wey Dey government are Nigerians too..

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scarcity Of Teachers In Private Schools: What Is The Cause and the Way Forward? by nahr(f): 12:13pm On Sep 09, 2022
The pay is too paltry and the stress is too much.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

IPPIS: ASUU Plunged FG Into N800bn Debt, Says Ngige / Photo Of Ebute Meta Primary School, August 2014 / ASUU Strike: UTAS Can Be Ready In Three Weeks - ASUU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.